Would you have confidence in board getting next managerial appointment right.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Would you have confidence in the current board getting next managerial decision right?  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have confidence in the current board getting next managerial appointment right?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/11/23 at 13:33

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Dazo said:

In your opinion. Mistakes have been made but they haven’t failed. 

Well yeah in my opinion they've failed on the football side and cost us a small fortune along the way paying off their mistakes 

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• rudi must stay

• Deviskan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well yeah in my opinion they've failed on the football side and cost us a small fortune along the way paying off their mistakes 

Every club pays off managers. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

we are pretty low down the pecking order. There are no managers available to hearts, or any other club of our size that are not gambles. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Every club pays off managers. 

Not interested in other clubs , I'm only interested in HMFC ! How many clubs appoint a yts experiment without qualifications to manage in Europe and lie to there fans about it?

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

we are pretty low down the pecking order. There are no managers available to hearts, or any other club of our size that are not gambles. 

That's utter rubbish! They'll be plenty managers who'd love to manage Hearts given the opportunity 

19 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well thankfully I'm a paid member

Never said you weren’t.

Still stand by my opinion there should be a limit on OP’s.

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not interested in other clubs , I'm only interested in HMFC ! How many clubs appoint a yts experiment without qualifications to manage in Europe and lie to there fans about it?

The point being it isn’t wasted as such just an expense of running a club. 

IMO they've made 1 managerial appointment right in the Budge era. Robbie Neilson, the rest have been a complete disaster almost from the word go. So I don't see any reason that suggests they'll get the next one right. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Dazo said:

The point being it isn’t wasted as such just an expense of running a club. 

Off course it's wasted if it's failure and not value for money but they don't give a flying *** because it's us who pay it 

20 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

We need someone a lot better than Neilson. 

Someone with personality. A bit of style, charisma, panache. Someone the fans can actually get behind. Someone that makes going to the football enjoyable again. 

We do need to get someone better I agree . Things like unquantifiable measurements of personality and charisma I honestly could not give a **** about . Exactly the reason why we end up with total duffers like Stendel or Naismith . We need to appoint managers that get results . This Hibs nonsense about style of play is so counterproductive it is unreal 

Edited by Sooks

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That's utter rubbish! They'll be plenty managers who'd love to manage Hearts given the opportunity 

Come to hearts, 150th biggest club by turnover in Europe. Best we can ever hope to finish is 3rd and if you don’t achieve it, or don’t look like achieving it, our fans will want to put a bolt through the back of your head within 3 months. 

We should occasionally beat the old firm even though they have 19 times the budget but never ever lose to teams who have the same / or slightly less budget. 

oh aye, and the governing body go out of their way to keep us down week in week out.

yes there are plenty of managers out there who will take the job.  Every single one of them a gamble of some sort or a project. 

11 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

IMO they've made 1 managerial appointment right in the Budge era. Robbie Neilson, the rest have been a complete disaster almost from the word go. So I don't see any reason that suggests they'll get the next one right. 

This . The Church of Bongo Drums believes differently though 

19 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Unless it's Robbie part 3!!

19 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Unless it's Robbie part 3!!

I saw on twitter that McInnes would be the choice if Naismith gets punted. Really hope we go with someone else.

And I voted no.

Selkirkhmfc1874
24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Come to hearts, 150th biggest club by turnover in Europe. Best we can ever hope to finish is 3rd and if you don’t achieve it, or don’t look like achieving it, our fans will want to put a bolt through the back of your head within 3 months. 

We should occasionally beat the old firm even though they have 19 times the budget but never ever lose to teams who have the same / or slightly less budget. 

oh aye, and the governing body go out of their way to keep us down week in week out.

yes there are plenty of managers out there who will take the job.  Every single one of them a gamble of some sort or a project. 

Stevie Clarke at kilmarnock !! Highest paid position at football club should be manager because get that right and everything else falls into place

kingantti1874
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Stevie Clarke at kilmarnock !! Highest paid position at football club should be manager because get that right and everything else falls into place

A 1 in a 1000 appointment.  largely becuase he’s from Kilmarnock and personally knew the owner.  

Agree on the wage our highest paid is not enough to guarantee anything.

we are the third biggest club in a tiny shitty insignificant league. Miles behind the top 2 and slightly ahead of our nearest rivals. That does not make us a big club.  I came to that realisation a long time ago. 

we do have HUGE potential IMO, however that potential than cannot and will not ever be realised playing in this shitty bent oppressive league. Unless we sell out to the Saudi’s or something. 

completely nuts to expect a Steve Clark level appointment,it’s just a pipe dream.  Even if by some miracle we found another one like that he’d be stolen inside a season. 

not harm in hoping but if that’s your level.  Then you’ll only Ever be disappointed 

51 minutes ago, heartyhub said:

Voted yes

They’ve got to get it right this time they’ll know their positions are on the line

I also voted yes because I don’t think they would **** about with another unqualified candidate. 

However I’m sure us fans will be unsatisfied after a few months. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

A 1 in a 1000 appointment.  largely becuase he’s from Kilmarnock and personally knew the owner.  

we are the third biggest club in a tiny shitty insignificant league. Miles behind the top 2 and slightly ahead of our nearest rivals. That does not make us a big club.  I came to that realisation a long time ago. 

we do have HUGE potential IMO, however that potential than cannot and will not ever be realised playing in this shitty bent oppressive league. Unless we sell out to the Saudi’s or something. 

completely nuts to expect a Steve Clark level appointment,it’s just a pipe dream.  Even if by some miracle we found another one like that he’d be stolen inside a season. 

not harm in hoping but if that’s your level.  Then you’ll only Ever be disappointed 

We're a far bigger football club that a yts experiment with one season experience managing in the lowland league that's for sure!! 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We're a far bigger football club that a yts experiment with one season experience managing in the lowland league that's for sure!! 

not an unreasonable point. However doesn’t change the fact that 99.9% manager we employ is a gamble. Either lacking experience, coming from a smaller club and never player the way we demand or an experienced coach who has failed elsewhere and is out of work. 

there was a lot of logic to the Naismith appointment whether you choose to recognise that or not.  

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Sleeping giant in every sense. 

I'm convinced the stadium capacity is the equivalent of a gastric band. The waiting list shows the potential of the club when barely competitive, just competent - Robbie didn't lay a glove on the OF, yet we had full houses and 7,000 extra fans locked out and having to join a list. God knows how many walk ups don't bother now too, because of ticket scarcity. This is just meeting the expectation of 3rd. Not that challenging a goal considering the resources at the clubs disposal - but its about getting managerial appointments correct so we're not shooting ourselves in the foot. 

Firmly believe we could fill a 30k capacity stadium against Hibs, Rangers & Celtic and European fixtures, with over 25k against all other sides. 

We're an established, well supported club with a large area to draw on. Our sin is that we've been run poorly for decades. It wasn't until Ann Budge came in that the ship has actually been steadied and we're starting to see glimpses of our potential. 

The real killer is stadium expansion costs being what they are. Would never demand it, but I keep hoping to see the benefactors dig even deeper to deliver a megastand to replace the Wheatfield (to push us to high 20s) 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

not an unreasonable point. However doesn’t change the fact that 99.9% manager we employ is a gamble. Either lacking experience, coming from a smaller club and never player the way we demand or an experienced coach who has failed elsewhere and is out of work. 

there was a lot of logic to the Naismith appointment whether you choose to recognise that or not.  

Agree to disagree about logic in appointment buddy but a respect your opinions 

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

And largely because he had been out of work for a year and not much actual management experience.  A well respected coach but hardly a successful manager prior to Killie.  A bit silly to suggest it is a 1 in a 1000 appointment but the next Steve Clarke will be out there somewhere, in fact there will be lots of them.  I’ll confidently predict that our board won’t appoint one of them though. 

kingantti1874
21 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Agree to disagree about logic in appointment buddy but a respect your opinions 

👌🏻 we all share the common desire for a successful hearts.  A difference in opinion is normal. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Correct.

I'd personally go for a non-Scottish appointment from one of the smaller European leagues who's won a couple of matches in European qualifiers in more than one season.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

This . The Church of Bongo Drums believes differently though 

Beat (the bongo) me to it.

There is more than a whiff.

Honestly find the craven cringing statements about nobody wanting the job embarrassing . Hopefully the board show a bit more self confidence and awareness than some on here :lol:

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Sleeping giant in every sense. 

I'm convinced the stadium capacity is the equivalent of a gastric band. The waiting list shows the potential of the club when barely competitive, just competent - Robbie didn't lay a glove on the OF, yet we had full houses and 7,000 extra fans locked out and having to join a list. God knows how many walk ups don't bother now too, because of ticket scarcity. This is just meeting the expectation of 3rd. Not that challenging a goal considering the resources at the clubs disposal - but its about getting managerial appointments correct so we're not shooting ourselves in the foot. 

Firmly believe we could fill a 30k capacity stadium against Hibs, Rangers & Celtic and European fixtures, with over 25k against all other sides. 

We're an established, well supported club with a large area to draw on. Our sin is that we've been run poorly for decades. It wasn't until Ann Budge came in that the ship has actually been steadied and we're starting to see glimpses of our potential. 

The real killer is stadium expansion costs being what they are. Would never demand it, but I keep hoping to see the benefactors dig even deeper to deliver a megastand to replace the Wheatfield (to push us to high 20s) 

I am sorry but I question the veracity of the 7,000 waiting list, it was a soundbite to promote the message that despite us having a poor finish to last season everything is actually fine. It wasn't then and it isn't now. Where were these fans for the home game against Celtic? If you are on a waiting list they must be on our database.

This indebtedness to benefactors and Budge is what's wrong with the club and our support. The litany of massive football mistakes made has cost us somewhere in excess of 8 figures if you take into account Levein, Cathro, Stendel, demotion and missed European opportunities. We are run like an old school tie organisation, monies being diverted to projects other than wisely invested in the football side. We are a side owned by the people but our priority is the launch of a hotel? Really? And I don't buy this but other income streams are required, get the football side 70% right and we will be self sufficient.

Of course I don't trust this board to make the right decision, they have zero connection to the support and make footballing decisions that are ill informed and often based on gambles in a vain attempt to make them look like sharp operators rather than based on  substance. Amongst our brilliant ideas have been an old school Liverpool lineage of coaches, promotion of a wunderkind, bringing in a director of football to make up for his mistakes(!), employing a rookie manager and then creating a temporary new role to avoid being fined. On most of these occasions we have taken an interminably long time to make an appointment and we have been inundated with a welter of applications from "top managers". 

Until there is wholesale change we are doomed to rinse and repeat.

Edited by Jodami

Selkirkhmfc1874
46 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

👌🏻 we all share the common desire for a successful hearts.  A difference in opinion is normal. 

Absolutely 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I am sorry but I question the veracity of the 7,000 waiting list, it was a soundbite to promote the message that despite us having a poor finish to last season everything is actually fine. It wasn't then and it isn't now. Where were these fans for the home game against Celtic? If you are on a waiting list they must be on our database.

This indebtedness to benefactors and Budge is what's wrong with the club and our support. The litany of massive football mistakes made has cost us somewhere in excess of 8 figures if you take into account Levein, Cathro, Stendel, demotion and missed European opportunities. We are run like an old school tie organisation, monies being diverted to projects other than wisely invested in the football side. We are a side owned by the people but our priority is the launch of a hotel? Really? And I don't buy this but other income streams are required, get the football side 70% right and we will be self sufficient.

Of course I don't trust this board to make the right decision, they have zero connection to the support and make footballing decisions that are ill informed and often based on gambles to make look like sharp operators rather than substance. Amongst our brilliant ideas have been an old school Liverpool lineage of coaches, promotion of a wunderkind, bringing in a director of football to make up for his mistakes(!), employing a rookie manager and then creating a temporary new role to avoid being fined. On most of these occasions we have taken an interminably long time to make an appointment and we have been inundated with a welter of applications from "top managers". 

Until there is wholesale change we are doomed to rinse and repeat.

Great post

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

We need another 5 year plan.  It’s been a wee while now since we laid out our last 5 year plan.

But they never run for 5 years!

Bazzas right boot

Aye,  a new board will bring in decades of success and consistency just like back in...

Cosy board oot!

Highly skilled, football savvy, ambitious,  mystery board in.

It's that easy.

35 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

have they 🤣 when did you start supporting hearts ? 

They have, good input from you though

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Correct.

I'd personally go for a non-Scottish appointment from one of the smaller European leagues who's won a couple of matches in European qualifiers in more than one season.

He's also got his badges and experienced.

images.jpeg

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye,  a new board will bring in decades of success and consistency just like back in...

Cosy board oot!

It's that easy.

Who fronts the mystery board? 

kingantti1874
19 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

They have, good input from you though

they haven’t. Tell me when you started following hearts so that I can make you look foolish. 

edit: actually don’t bother. You’ve done that all by yourself 

Edited by kingantti1874

18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Cosy board oot!

It's that easy.

Tyson Fury & Zidane in the boardroom, job done.

25 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He's also got his badges and experienced.

The English Championship is a smaller European league?

Unfortunately no, I don't think anyone on the board that really knows football. If it was the corporate side then absolutely I would have confidence. Big, big, big issues in knowing if Joe Savage is the real deal or just talking a good game.

Op has made his point in numerous posts! 

He doesn't like the set up, manager or board.

So what do we do sack everyone and start again? 

Buy some expensive has beens and maybe get a cup semi final? A 3rd place finish. Then we need to buy more expensive has beens and do it again and again? 

Or 

Wait it out with Naismith and the current crop of young talented players we have in the hope they grow together. We could keep adding some new talented players. Maybe a Kent as a more experienced one now and then. 

Then in 3 or 4 years time actually build a team that can challenge and hope the old firm have an off season. 

Really that's the options, sad as it is Scottish football's compass points in one direction and that's it. 

All this rip it up and start again is what us, hibs and Aberdeen have been doing for years and really getting nowhere. 

Maybe just be patient and try something different.