*** Official Heart of Midlothian Vs Livingston Match Thread ***

Ricardo Quaresma

Ricardo Quaresma
26 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Interesting hibs game moved to the Wednesday yet ours, aberdeen and rangers hasn’t been moved. Euro involvement will make it difficult for the other 2 but no reason why our game can’t be sorted by now 

Both the scumny taysiders and ourselves already have heavy schedules, so that's my guess

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Hearts007

• Deviskan

• indianajones

15 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I think the game at ibrox proved it can be done, beating them there, well, it proved we can beat them because it was virtually done

I don't think it's much different to the days of Fergie's Aberdeen, the players just have to keep their nose clean; easier said than done, but still doable

No mention of not pulling shirts or tripping in the box then!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Be a few changes for this one I think.

Kingsley and Lowry in I would imagine, probably Oda too. Let Kenny have a seat

1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Whats the story with Tagawa?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Whats the story with Tagawa?

Hamstring complaint apparently, minor but niggling

Looking forward to this one, Tynecastle under the lights -can’t beat it 

:jjyay:

4-0 Hearts with a Shankland hat trick, oh go on then

14 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

If Sibbick and Offiah are out then I'd play Cochrane at right back. He's got a decent right foot so should be fine there. Rather we didn't play Forrest there as we might need him later on up the other end of the park for a goal.

Would be a good shout. Does look like he's been working on his right foot too. When dribbling in the past he was very one footed, but now he's putting in some decent balls with his right including the opener yesterday.

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Vargas, to me is getting overplayed. He seems to play as much as Shankland.

Giving him a seat on the bench tomorrow wouldn't be a bad idea imo.

9 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Vargas, to me is getting overplayed. He seems to play as much as Shankland.

Giving him a seat on the bench tomorrow wouldn't be a bad idea imo.

Yup, agree.  Really like Kenny but injuries to others have forced him into way more minutes way earlier than youd hope.  A wee bit of time looking to make impact from the bench may suit him.  Perhaps set him and Oda up as one on, one off for now.

That said I do love the thought of them both terrorising teams.

Tagawa being out has been a massive blow - we're missing that kind of dynamism right up top, which would allow space for the likes of Kenny and Oda.  Tagawa hasn't had time to find his feet at all.  Hopefully when he comes back, he's feeling settled and ready to smash it.

I just can't seem to get excited or motivated to watch Hearts these days. Every time a game is on I will go but it feels like a chore having to head along and watch us play. I cant even remember the last time I went to a game thinking, we are gonna do this mob rotten today. Hopefully this will change but under the current regime I cant see it.

1-1 

6 minutes ago, Negan said:

I just can't seem to get excited or motivated to watch Hearts these days. Every time a game is on I will go but it feels like a chore having to head along and watch us play. I cant even remember the last time I went to a game thinking, we are gonna do this mob rotten today. Hopefully this will change but under the current regime I cant see it.

1-1 

Especially mid week games . Won’t get home until close to midnight at earliest . Ill just end up regretting bothering my arse and not be in any mood to cut them any slack 

I was going to buy a ticket for this game but the website timed out on 3 separate occasions so now I’m just going to watch it on the Firestick 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Especially mid week games . Won’t get home until close to midnight at earliest . Ill just end up regretting bothering my arse and not be in any mood to cut them any slack 

Ah, but are you taking on the biblical waters of Angus to get there and back? I thought not, feel like an uber fan tomorrow trotting down for this from Lambsville

4 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Ah, but are you taking on the biblical waters of Angus to get there and back? I thought not, feel like an uber fan tomorrow trotting down for this from Lambsville

I am coming from the lands of Temples and Dollies :lol: 

46 minutes ago, Negan said:

1-1 

I know the feeling well. Even when we take the lead now it is nerve jangling waiting on the oppostion to equalize because it is to be expected now.

Not so sure if it is totally down to the current regime and maybe more down to the lack of urgency and awareness with some of our players.

If it is then that is more a recruitment issue than coaching.

I'll be at this one so the players better be on it. 

6-0 Hearts. 😄

Seriously though, a good performance and two or three goals would be nice. 

Depends how the players react to what happened on Sunday I guess. 

3 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I'll be at this one so the players better be on it. 

6-0 Hearts. 😄

Seriously though, a good performance and two or three goals would be nice. 

Depends how the players react to what happened on Sunday I guess. 

It is about all we can hope for just now

Shankland scoring against Celtic in a pumping

Shankland getting the opener in a game vs Rangers at Ibrox that we very nearly won

Shankland scores in a comfortable win with a fairly narrow scoreline vs Livi at home

Shankland scores the winner in a very tight semi final win at Hampden vs Rangers

We go out and destroy Motherwell away with Shanks netting a hat trick 

On 30/10/2023 at 07:47, Sir PH said:

Our arses didn't collapse, though. Haring had a moment of madness and that's what cost us. We were dealing (comfortably) with everything Rangers were throwing at us up until that point.

The VAC(Cheating) was actively looking to give anything in the "keep the 2 horse race going"  Beaton had his finger to his ear after every blocked shot think 5 or 6 times play was delayed.

Never a pen the other way and looking at some of the stats involving the Ref I'd be on the blower to SFA headquarters regarding the stats - 128 yellows for us from him and only 73 for killie who have had 9 reds to our 3 Aye we're being treated fairly i think 

**** the GFA

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

I'm going to the curry club before the game tomorrow night, anyone else done these before? 

I had tickets for this but gave them to my mate as can't make it.   I went to one last season and it was decent enough food was good and there was bit o chat with Gary McKay and Savage 

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Yup, agree.  Really like Kenny but injuries to others have forced him into way more minutes way earlier than youd hope.  A wee bit of time looking to make impact from the bench may suit him.  Perhaps set him and Oda up as one on, one off for now.

Tagawa being out has been a massive blow - we're missing that kind of dynamism right up top, which would allow space for the likes of Kenny and Oda.  Tagawa hasn't had time to find his feet at all.  Hopefully when he comes back, he's feeling settled and ready to smash it.

Agreed Kenny needs benched and brought on to impact a game not sure they're terrorising anyone just now.

What dynamism are you alluding to? Tagawa's done next to nothing in the games he's played so far - agreed though it's early days so fingers crossed he finds his feet.

1 minute ago, feedthefox said:

Agreed Kenny needs benched and brought on to impact a game not sure they're terrorising anyone just now.

What dynamism are you alluding to? Tagawa's done next to nothing in the games he's played so far - agreed though it's early days so fingers crossed he finds his feet.

I guess that theoretical dynamism!  He's the guy recruited to run beyond defences and stretch the game for us, to run away from the ball and create space for others to operate in.  He needed to settle in, of course.  He could have done without the injury at a point I'd think we'd have been building up his minutes.  I'm not resting all our hopes on him but he's the guy brought in to do the job, I wana see if he can do it!!!!!

And yeah on the terrorising thing, agreed too.  But again, with Oda, Tagawa and Barrie all out, we've been relying on who was left.  Even Natty and Cochrane being out has been pish in terms of driving forward and creating space for wingers.  Oda and Vargas both have talent, thats very obvious, they both work hard too which is brill, we just need to drag teams about more to give them some space.  They don't often get the ball without the other team being in their ideal shape.

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It is about all we can hope for just now

Shankland scoring against Celtic in a pumping

Shankland getting the opener in a game vs Rangers at Ibrox that we very nearly won

Shankland scores in a comfortable win with a fairly narrow scoreline vs Livi at home

Shankland scores the winner in a very tight semi final win at Hampden vs Rangers

We go out and destroy Motherwell away with Shanks netting a hat trick 

Have you priced up that accumulator?

11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I guess that theoretical dynamism!  He's the guy recruited to run beyond defences and stretch the game for us, to run away from the ball and create space for others to operate in.  He needed to settle in, of course.  He could have done without the injury at a point I'd think we'd have been building up his minutes.  I'm not resting all our hopes on him but he's the guy brought in to do the job, I wana see if he can do it!!!!!

And yeah on the terrorising thing, agreed too.  But again, with Oda, Tagawa and Barrie all out, we've been relying on who was left.  Even Natty and Cochrane being out has been pish in terms of driving forward and creating space for wingers.  Oda and Vargas both have talent, thats very obvious, they both work hard too which is brill, we just need to drag teams about more to give them some space.  They don't often get the ball without the other team being in their ideal shape.

All agreed. I'd also add for all (especially) Kenny and Oda's work rate they rarely if ever take a man on which is so frustrating as they have the pace to.

19 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

All agreed. I'd also add for all (especially) Kenny and Oda's work rate they rarely if ever take a man on which is so frustrating as they have the pace to.

Hm not sure I agree with that - well not for Oda anyway, I think he tends to look to get running with the ball as much as he can.  Anyhoo, lets see them flying!!!

Graham Thomson
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Really like Kenny but injuries to others have forced him into way more minutes way earlier than youd hope.  A wee bit of time looking to make impact from the bench may suit him.  Perhaps set him and Oda up as one on, one off for now.

Oda and Vardas ? 

Ricardo Quaresma
18 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Both the scumny taysiders and ourselves already have heavy schedules, so that's my guess

'scumny' :lol:

It'll never catch on

Ricardo Quaresma
5 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Strong bench for this one, yeah

Ricardo Quaresma

This is us getting back to normal league business and 'back in the game' 🙂

SN should be sacked if we lose tomorrow.

3 wins and 2 draws 5 losses piss poor! 

If it hits 6 loses in 11 it’s tara from me! 

19 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

This is us getting back to normal league business and 'back in the game' 🙂

Highlights of Kent trying to get that cross to Danilo on Sunday?

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Gundermann said:

Highlights of Kent trying to get that cross to Danilo on Sunday?

That was the only issue there? That's not the thing I noticed about it in particular

6 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

That was the only issue there? That's not the thing I noticed about it in particular

The fish initially going round in circles aimlessly could be Sibbick?

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

The fish initially going round in circles aimlessly could be Sibbick?

For 5h1tt1ng on a positive post, you can basically GTF, how's that?! :lol:

4 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

For 5h1tt1ng on a positive post, you can basically GTF, how's that?! :lol:

tenor.gif?itemid=13025639&f=1&nofb=1&ipt

Ricardo Quaresma

^^^^ Took me well over half an hour to sort that clip, because of YouTube (Google) and forcing it into a 'short' type video

Can't have that!

I'm not a big fan of the concept of the so-called must win game,  unless it quite literally is essential to win for some specific reason.  But this is about as near to one as you get.  Certainly for Naismith.  We need fast points over the next handful of games.  Naismith wont get too many more games if this one is lost.  

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Naisy's very last chance you'd imagine. Fail to win and surely Naisy gets his jotters. 

He's two defeats away imo.  Almost at the edge.  A win at Ibrox would have bought him another couple of games but we didn't get it.