*** Official Heart of Midlothian Vs Livingston Match Thread ***

Ricardo Quaresma

best in the land
10 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

If I am correct the extra time from the side lines are advisory and the ref has the final say. It was obvious Sevco would be allowed to play until they got the winner. Posted weeks ago that VaR should be policed by neutral officials, even to the extent of lower English league refs.

Not guaranteed it would make a difference. English refs would soon be turned by the arsecheeks mafia.

There needs to be more accountability for referee performance and for them to explain decision's after the match.

Even microphones like rugby so they can be heard.

Nothing will ever change.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Hearts007

• Deviskan

• indianajones

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Clark

Kent Kingsley Rowles

Forrest Devlin Beni Cochrane

Oda Shanks Lowry

Need creativity in wide areas to break this lot down. With Oda and Lowry playing narrow, it's less painful having that lack of creativity in the middle of the park with Devlin and Beni playing there, and the 2 of them should be enough defensively against their 3 they normally go with. If Oda's not fit, go with Grant.

28 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

If I am correct the extra time from the side lines are advisory and the ref has the final say. It was obvious Sevco would be allowed to play until they got the winner. Posted weeks ago that VaR should be policed by neutral officials, even to the extent of lower English league refs.

I'm talking about their penalty in the first half, I've no issue with their winner. Raskin was down for five minutes alone, plus all the other stoppages. They scored in 93 minutes.

Graham Thomson
6 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Assuming injuries

Zander

Cochrane Kent Kye Kingsley

Cam Newy

Oda Vargas Shanks Forrest

Go after them.  Get Alex running inside Oda, Vargas stretching them long, try to pin them in.  Play it long, play it short, but try to always play it forward.

I'm glad the fans don't pick the formation 😲😲👍

Ex member of the SaS
14 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

I'm talking about their penalty in the first half, I've no issue with their winner. Raskin was down for five minutes alone, plus all the other stoppages. They scored in 93 minutes.

I replied to that, you asked where they got the extra minutes from in the first half. Then added they would be given enough time to win as we all know they were never going to fall further behind the other ars cheek.

Clark 

Kent Kingsley Rowles 

Sibbick Devlin Nieuwenhof Cochrane

Lowry

Yoda  Shanks

1-0 Hearts   

Graham Thomson
1 hour ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Clark

Kent Kingsley Rowles

Forrest Devlin Beni Cochrane

Oda Shanks Lowry

Need creativity in wide areas to break this lot down. With Oda and Lowry playing narrow, it's less painful having that lack of creativity in the middle of the park with Devlin and Beni playing there, and the 2 of them should be enough defensively against their 3 they normally go with. If Oda's not fit, go with Grant.

I like that team 👍👌👍

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Actually half expecting next Monday to be a day of changes re the coaching staff.  Not confident this week

If things going to change wouldn't be surprised if left until after game against motherwell because then there's international break

58 minutes ago, Graham Thomson said:

I'm glad the fans don't pick the formation 😲😲👍

This is what we played last season under Naismith. 2 wingers high and wide, 2 up top. Lets get back to it

Ricardo Quaresma
7 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

given yesterday pretty much confirmed that VAR officials are going to try their absolute damnedest to proactively scrutinise open play to identify opportunities to give the OF (unclaimed for) penalties, we have to absolutely aiming to be winning every non OF fixture.

I'm sure if Naismith and players were interviewed they would confirm this is the case already - but IMO up to yesterday they'd be paying lip service to that.

yesterday should hammer home the fact that not only do planets have to align where we play well and the uglies have an off day, we have to also beat VAR.

I think the game at ibrox proved it can be done, beating them there, well, it proved we can beat them because it was virtually done

I don't think it's much different to the days of Fergie's Aberdeen, the players just have to keep their nose clean; easier said than done, but still doable

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

on subject of time does anyone think it would help the game if stadiums had a clock clearly visible to all that the ref stops at his discretion whenever there's a significant stoppage or even when someone is blatantly timewasting. Also taking a leaf out of rugby's book, the game is over when the ball goes out of play after 90 minutes ?   Let's see how the conspirators cope with those changes .   Oh and please feel free to shoot these suggestions down in flames with good reason.

Ricardo Quaresma
7 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I’m with you, amigo. 

I can’t bring myself to watch the highlights nor do I want to read any of the match reports. As soon as I read on here that there was a second penalty I said to my wife “They’ll score another,” and just laughed when they did. It’s all so predictable. It’s not worth getting angry about any more. If the club aren’t going to go daft over the injustices then I’m not going to get my blood pressure up. 

But for some daft reason I feel the urge to buy a ticket for Wednesday night. What’s wrong with us?!

Nothing wrong, mate; we played very close to our full potential, Offiah looked much more like how he played in his first game here and rose to the challenge, both him and Vargas had their first Scottish game in front of a huge crowd

So, you can tell that there is lots of work going on in the background in between games

Ricardo Quaresma
7 hours ago, poultry said:

We did well v rangers, I think we will be well up for Livingston we have to be.

Nothing less than 3pts, and I certainly hope our support backs our management team.

Still 765 tickets left

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Clark 

Kent Kingsley Rowles 

Sibbick Devlin Nieuwenhof Cochrane

Lowry

Yoda  Shanks

1-0 Hearts   

**** naw, I hope it's more than that

A win is a win though

Ricardo Quaresma
37 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

This is what we played last season under Naismith. 2 wingers high and wide, 2 up top. Lets get back to it

Naisy's first game against livi, we'll see how this interesting match pans out - always a bit of a problem fixture for Neilson in the last few games last 2 seasons

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, One five said:

Well done mate. enjoy 👍

Enjoy? Why should he get to enjoy the game when the rest of us have suffered shite all season!!!

Win or bust for me.

Dont give a hoot about style etc,just get the 3 points.

8 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Enjoy? Why should he get to enjoy the game when the rest of us have suffered shite all season!!!

Win or bust for me.

Dont give a hoot about style etc,just get the 3 points.

😂 yeah it’s been p##h,  agree 3 points any old way will do👍 

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

If things going to change wouldn't be surprised if left until after game against motherwell because then there's international break

Yeah good shout actually 

11 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Ticket exchange not open for this one? I cant make it. 

Not close to sell out sadly.

Ricardo Quaresma
18 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I think I got one the old fashioned way because it was released in Q and there was not any in Q before that

Ricardo Quaresma
8 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

We should give some away to kids or those on waiting list

Unfortunately I don't think we will even beat Livi. I think we all know what's in store in the next few games. Sad but true. 

4 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Unfortunately I don't think we will even beat Livi. I think we all know what's in store in the next few games. Sad but true. 

Nah, we don't all know. Most of us are confident (after yesterday's performance) that we'll beat Livi.

I'd maybe go for: 

Zander

Forrest Kent Rowles Kingsley

Devlin Callem

Grant

Vargas Shankland Oda

If Sibbick and Offiah are both out, we don't have a ****ing RB... Forrest probably best option there. 

Should probably be careful about posting team selections, we'll start getting the blame 😛 

Ricardo Quaresma
14 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Sorry I know it’s a bit off topic but it just popped into my head, has our home game v Dundee been rescheduled yet? 

Not yet, as you can see on here:

https://uk.soccerway.com/national/scotland/premier-league/20232024/1st-phase/r76371/

The wee team have theirs on the 8th; this page will update when we have our game re-scheduled

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

With how slowly the board moves, wouldn't surprise me if the entire break was wasted interviewing as we're caught flat footed again. 

Probably string it out for 6 weeks and appoint Liam Fox... 

36 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

27 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I think I got one the old fashioned way because it was released in Q and there was not any in Q before that

Thought as much.

I cant even give away my ticket to family or friends. Speaks volumes i guess!

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, OTT said:

I'd maybe go for: 

Zander

Forrest Kent Rowles Kingsley

Devlin Callem

Grant

Vargas Shankland Oda

If Sibbick and Offiah are both out, we don't have a ****ing RB... Forrest probably best option there. 

Should probably be careful about posting team selections, we'll start getting the blame 😛 

Think he'll put Lowry in for grant, grant didn't exactly do brilliantly at ibrox , did he?

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

With how slowly the board moves, wouldn't surprise me if the entire break was wasted interviewing as we're caught flat footed again. 

Probably string it out for 6 weeks and appoint Liam Fox... 

I don't think Fox will be given the role even if Naismith leaves several years from now

3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Think he'll put Lowry in for grant, grant didn't exactly do brilliantly at ibrox , did he?

Maybe! I was just suggesting my preferred team. 

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I don't think Fox will be given the role even if Naismith leaves several years from now

Can only hope. 

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Thought as much.

I cant even give away my ticket to family or friends. Speaks volumes i guess!

Can't you just send them an image of your season ticket?

Reckon you should be able to transfer your ST to someone in your network for the odd game, really; that should be a thing

9 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Can Grant win though?  In and out the team.  Was playing ok, building some form up a few games ago but Naismith had to get Lowry back in.

Also played on the left yesterday and asked to do more defensive work in an unforgiving arena away to a team we struggle against.  Aye, it’s his job as a player to step up and do his job but every player needs the right conditions to get their best parts from them.

I’d hate to be Grant. He must wonder what he did to be taken out the team.

Edited by Debut 4

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Can't you just send them an image of your season ticket?

Reckon you should be able to transfer your ST to someone in your network for the odd game, really; that should be a thing

No i mean i've offered it up but no one wants to take it off my hands! 😄

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Loads of tickets available. 

Ricardo Quaresma
22 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Can Grant win though?  In and out the team.  Was playing ok, building some form up a few games ago but Naismith had to get Lowry back in.

Also played on the left yesterday and asked to do more defensive work in an unforgiving arena away to a team we struggle against.  Aye, it’s his job as a player to step up and do his job but every player needs the right conditions to get their best parts from them.

I did post a long post on grant's situation a while back, it's unfortunate for him and seems to have been signed for #10 just prior to Shankland and snodgrass being signed

He's played on the left before so got the nod because Lowry can't play against rangers I guess

Honestly though I think Lowry is a better bet, although I would still be pondering which of them start and which finish tomorrow night

Ricardo Quaresma
27 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Ah 🙂

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, indianajones said:

What have you got against these people?:laugh2:

Missed the game yesterday. Now the tricky OF games are out the way it's the perfect opportunity to get back to winning games. Even if it is a horrid performance, 3 points is the main thing. 

If Sibbick and Offiah are out then I'd play Cochrane at right back. He's got a decent right foot so should be fine there. Rather we didn't play Forrest there as we might need him later on up the other end of the park for a goal.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Yup gets game time in games where our possession is limited and attacking moves are rare!!

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Not yet, as you can see on here:

https://uk.soccerway.com/national/scotland/premier-league/20232024/1st-phase/r76371/

The wee team have theirs on the 8th; this page will update when we have our game re-scheduled

-

Interesting hibs game moved to the Wednesday yet ours, aberdeen and rangers hasn’t been moved. Euro involvement will make it difficult for the other 2 but no reason why our game can’t be sorted by now 

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

I can’t either. More chance of winning the lottery than this being open on TE.