• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Hearts007

• Deviskan

• indianajones

Selkirkhmfc1874

Feel a bit better about the game after today's game , especially the 1st half ! Seen an awful lot of bad performances through there but today wasn't one of them

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Feel a bit better about the game after today's game , especially the 1st half ! Seen an awful lot of bad performances through there but today wasn't one of them

It was a very good test of where we're truly at

Injuries are a concern, Offiah and Sibbick came off today, we obviously need them

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Injuries are a concern, Offiah and Sibbick came off today, we obviously need them

Was offiah injured ? I thought he was taken off before being sent off

Diadora Van Basten
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Was offiah injured ? I thought he was taken off before being sent off

I think his back was knackered. I would have expected a more attacking player to play v Livingston anyway. Horses for courses and all that.

36 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Win against livi and onto semi final. Nothing to fear 

6-3 v Livi ... then?

A famous Hampden victory.

Will be a hard one.

Livi will invite us in and try to counter down the sides or go long to Nouble against Rowles. 

Rowles has been really good of late so let's hope he is up for the test

Just hope the players get up for Livi game. They put massive effort in today so must be feeling pig sick no to come away with something. Need another early goal midweek to get us going then keep it going. Big test of players and management 

3 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

Just hope the players get up for Livi game. They put massive effort in today so must be feeling pig sick no to come away with something. Need another early goal midweek to get us going then keep it going. Big test of players and management 

It's the confidence that worries me after the Hibs throwaway, the Celtic thumping and then today's arse collapse.

pettigrewsstylist
39 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Will be a hard one.

Livi will invite us in and try to counter down the sides or go long to Nouble against Rowles. 

Rowles has been really good of late so let's hope he is up for the test

Yip Rowles will be targeted i imagine.

pettigrewsstylist

Good to see Shankland getting 2 excellent goals in last 7 days. 

Should raise his confidence levels for a night at Tynie under the lights .

Livingston are rank.

3-0 Hearts and a boost before the semifinal 

If we don’t get 3 points then god help us. But we will I’m sure

Edited by 1971fozzy

Malinga the Swinga

I predict at every cross & corner, Livingston players will be all over Hearts players grabbing shirts and holding onto players.

I also predict referee and VAR official will ignore it on every occasion.

2 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Good to see Shankland getting 2 excellent goals in last 7 days. 

Should raise his confidence levels for a night at Tynie under the lights .

Shankland was truly excellent today, maybe I'm reading more into it but I was bit concerned he was putting on a show for new Rangers manager. He even celebrated his goal like he was an ex-player!

4 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

And where are we “truly at”?

Given potential issues at right back, I’d like to see us go something like this

Clark

Rowles 

Kingsley

Kent

Cochrane

Beni 

Hoff

Forrest 

Oda

Shankland

Boyce

Vargas hasn’t has the end product, however him, Grant and Lowry are decent options off the bench 

St Mirren got a game in hand and are 7 points clear of us, we need to be beating Livi at Tynecastle, they aren't the well organised side they once were.

Last chance saloon for the management, this one. And I would like to think for quite a few of the players as well.

Anything less than three points and they’d be as well barricading the plaza doors.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, feedthefox said:

Shankland was truly excellent today, maybe I'm reading more into it but I was bit concerned he was putting on a show for new Rangers manager. He even celebrated his goal like he was an ex-player!

Last week would have been the time also.

9 hours ago, feedthefox said:

Been like that for a while when he score’s so wouldn’t read to much into him not celebrating 

12 hours ago, neilnunb said:

It's the confidence that worries me after the Hibs throwaway, the Celtic thumping and then today's arse collapse.

Our arses didn't collapse, though. Haring had a moment of madness and that's what cost us. We were dealing (comfortably) with everything Rangers were throwing at us up until that point.

14 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Good rest and get ready for livi

Full determination please Hearts

Bring them on

Come ahead livi!

a must win game,  

Opinionated Jambo

I can see us winning this game by 2 goals. 2-0 or 3-1 Despite the 2 unacceptable goals we conceded against Rangers I think the players will come into this game with a bit of point to prove. 

However, if Livingston do manage to beat us, I can just imagine the demand for Naismith and co to pack up and go.

13 hours ago, brawlad74 said:

Use the pig sickness feeling as fuel for next week at Hampdump. 

Simply must win, for the league position and for Naismith to get some off his back. Very unlucky yesterday and performed better than I thought and so close to a great 3 points. To end up losing is a massive kick in the knackers. I'm hoping we use it as motivation the next 2 games. 

You know if supporting Hearts was a choice I would be tempted to walk away from Scottish Football (apart from National team) as yesterday was just another day in the life of our game.  a 3pm kick off finishing at 5:04pm.  As ever the 50\50s are one sided.  The majority of pundits are just OF apologists.  What's the point?  That's how I felt last night, what's the F****** point.  But being a Jambo is not a choice it's in your DNA so on to Livvie on Wednesday.  MON.

Dennis Reynolds

I actually think we'll win this one and I'm generally a big negative Nancy.

In the Gorgie Suite for this one so hopefully the meal is nice. I imagine the man of the match award will be a bit awkward of we don't win...

Assuming injuries

Zander

Cochrane Kent Kye Kingsley

Cam Newy

Oda Vargas Shanks Forrest

Go after them.  Get Alex running inside Oda, Vargas stretching them long, try to pin them in.  Play it long, play it short, but try to always play it forward.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

a must win game,  

I agree, but every game against non-OF at Tynecastle is a must win

43 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Simply must win, for the league position and for Naismith to get some off his back. Very unlucky yesterday and performed better than I thought and so close to a great 3 points. To end up losing is a massive kick in the knackers. I'm hoping we use it as motivation the next 2 games. 

that's where I'm at as well. 

21 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Assuming injuries

Zander

Cochrane Kent Kye Kingsley

Cam Newy

Oda Vargas Shanks Forrest

Go after them.  Get Alex running inside Oda, Vargas stretching them long, try to pin them in.  Play it long, play it short, but try to always play it forward.

What was up with Offiah? Played well.

36 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I agree, but every game against non-OF at Tynecastle is a must win

given yesterday pretty much confirmed that VAR officials are going to try their absolute damnedest to proactively scrutinise open play to identify opportunities to give the OF (unclaimed for) penalties, we have to absolutely aiming to be winning every non OF fixture.

I'm sure if Naismith and players were interviewed they would confirm this is the case already - but IMO up to yesterday they'd be paying lip service to that.

yesterday should hammer home the fact that not only do planets have to align where we play well and the uglies have an off day, we have to also beat VAR.

We did well v rangers, I think we will be well up for Livingston we have to be.

Nothing less than 3pts, and I certainly hope our support backs our management team.