*** Official Heart of Midlothian Vs Livingston Match Thread ***

Ricardo Quaresma

11 hours ago, feedthefox said:

Β 

Shankland was truly excellent today, maybe I'm reading more into it but I was bit concerned he was putting on a show for new Rangers manager. He even celebrated his goal like he was an ex-player!

Maybe just a coincidence πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Hearts007

• Deviskan

• indianajones

1 minute ago, poultry said:

We did well v rangers, I think we will be well up for Livingston we have to be.

Nothing less than 3pts, and I certainly hope our support backs our management team.

It will depend on the performance. The fans apathy is probably close to turning into a full blown rage. Not just because of what’s happening this season and our latest managerial experiment. But because of repeated poor decisions in a football sense by the board. And what appears to be a nepotistic way to run the club. Any ire by fans on Wednesday night (if things go south, again) will be directed at them.

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Simply must win, for the league position and for Naismith to get some off his back. Very unlucky yesterday and performed better than I thought and so close to a great 3 points. To end up losing is a massive kick in the knackers. I'm hoping we use it as motivation the next 2 games.Β 

To be fair we were fortunate to be leading 1-0 at ht. Β How often do Rangers miss a pen at Ibrox?Β 

9 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I’m with you, amigo.Β 
Β 

I can’t bring myself to watch the . do I want to read any of the match reports. As soon as I read on here that there was a second penalty I said to my wife β€œThey’ll score another,” and just laughed when they did. It’s all so predictable. It’s not worth getting angry about any more. If the club aren’t going to go daft over the injustices then I’m not going to get my blood pressure up.Β 
Β 

But for some daft reason I feel the urge to buy a ticket for Wednesday night. What’s wrong with us?!
Β 

Β 

It is predictable and it's absolutely gut-wrenching, but it was a penalty.

Β 

I'm the same as you, I don't watch any highlights or read any match reports when we get beat. It just makes me even more pissed off.Β 

Β 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

To be fair we were fortunate to be leading 1-0 at ht. Β How often do Rangers miss a pen at Ibrox?Β 

They shouldn't have been given the penalty in the first. Two minutes of time added on had already been played, so God knows where they got the extra minutes from.Β 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Couldnt care less

5 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

It is predictable and it's absolutely gut-wrenching, but it was a penalty.

Β 

I'm the same as you, I don't watch any highlights or read any match reports when we get beat. It just makes me even more pissed off.Β 

Β 

yeap - correct.

Β 

problem is what about the other gazillion identical examples up and down the country in all the other games.

Β 

apply the same decision and we'd have 20 penalties in every other game.

Β 

that foul happens in our box and not in a million years does VAR intervene.

Β 

the game up here's a ball of nasal mucous as they say.

6 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

yeap - correct.

Β 

problem is what about the other gazillion identical examples up and down the country in all the other games.

Β 

apply the same decision and we'd have 20 penalties in every other game.

Β 

that foul happens in our box and not in a million years does VAR intervene.

Β 

the game up here's a ball of nasal mucous as they say.

Β 

Exactly and this is where the issue lies. Nothing about it was a clear and obvious error. Said with 10 mins to go that the officials and those on VAR would be looking for absolutely anything to tryΒ  get them back in the game. It's never ever going to change unfortunately, corrupt to the core.

2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Exactly and this is where the issue lies. Nothing about it was a clear and obvious error. Said with 10 mins to go that the officials and those on VAR would be looking for absolutely anything to tryΒ  get them back in the game. It's never ever going to change unfortunately, corrupt to the core.

Β 

:spoton:

Β 

Β 

SFA buying Hampden was all about ensuring the SFA remain in Glasgow forever more. It's all too cosy through there... Celtic, Rangers, SFA and referees.

Β 

Edited by kila

28 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

It’s not just about aiming for it, it’s about the club as a whole demanding that level of intensity and success. Dropping below those standards (I mean, home defeat to bloody Motherwell, chucking a two goal lead at home v Hibs, and not scoring v Dundee, St Mirren, Kilmarnock) is sackable for any manager and the job interview (if we even conduct them) should outline that. If the manager doesn’t have the balls to take on the job in those circumstances, we’ll find one that does.Β 

Well said JimΒ 

25 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

It will depend on the performance. The fans apathy is probably close to turning into a full blown rage. Not just because of what’s happening this season and our latest managerial experiment. But because of repeated poor decisions in a football sense by the board. And what appears to be a nepotistic way to run the club. Any ire by fans on Wednesday night (if things go south, again) will be directed at them.

Excellent summaryΒ 

30 minutes ago, poultry said:

We did well v rangers, I think we will be well up for Livingston we have to be.

Nothing less than 3pts, and I certainly hope our support backs our management team.

We got beat 2-1Β 

1 minute ago, kila said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

SFA buying Hampden was all about ensuring the SFA remain in Glasgow forever more. It's all too cosy through there... Celtic, Rangers, SFA and referees.

Β 

Β 

Correct. Years and years to come of more shocking decisions. They don't even try and hide it either, it is blatant cheating yet we can't do anything about it. Incredibly frustrating.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, kila said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Nobody ever calls them out on anything.

Including ex Hearts personnel.Β 

They're all culpable.Β 

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

Well it’s must win game on Wednesday night ( I say that about every game come to think of it ) πŸ˜‚

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

What was up with Offiah? Played well.

Did you not see him getting subbed after 40 mins or so due to injury?Β 

35 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

They shouldn't have been given the penalty in the first. Two minutes of time added on had already been played, so God knows where they got the extra minutes from.Β 

These things do happen at times. These players need to be a bit more streetwise. That doesn't excuse Sibbick though. He was out of position initially and his decision to commit to the challenge was idiotic.Β 

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

These things do happen at times. These players need to be a bit more streetwise. That doesn't excuse Sibbick though. He was out of position initially and his decision to commit to the challenge was idiotic.Β 

Do they ? When there is no sub, injuries or delays I don’t think I have seen it happen ever in first half injury time.Β 

Edited by Dazo

29 minutes ago, Carter said:

I've never once seen time added to time added on in first half injury time.

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Well it’s must win game on Wednesday night ( I say that about every game come to think of it ) πŸ˜‚

This

I suspect after a full round of fixtures, many fans will want to take stock of where we are after Livi. A win is absolutely vital for things not to look horrendous. A defeat, combined with wins for Hibs and Aberdeen would see us slip to 10th, two points above the play-off.

Β 

While I'm normally in the 'all that matters is the result' camp. even with a win the position isn't going to be great, so a convincing win would really help. This is a game to really attack and go full throtle for the whole game. Naismith needs to get the team up for this and playing on the front foot from the start.

Β 

I still hold out (blind) hope that Naismith can turn things around.

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

I suspect after a full round of fixtures, many fans will want to take stock of where we are after Livi. A win is absolutely vital for things not to look horrendous. A defeat, combined with wins for Hibs and Aberdeen would see us slip to 10th, two points above the play-off.

Β 

While I'm normally in the 'all that matters is the result' camp. even with a win the position isn't going to be great, so a convincing win would really help. This is a game to really attack and go full throtle for the whole game. Naismith needs to get the team up for this and playing on the front foot from the start.

Β 

πŸ‘

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe just a coincidence πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

It’s no Β coincidence, we will get shafted for him either in jan or the summer.

54 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

The way I see it is that it's been the 'stodgy' teams like Livi who we've messed up with mostly.

Β 

Yesterday's & Wed's matches likely chalk & cheese.

Β 

The Rangers were never going to play that way which, I think, kind of helped us although, having said that, we once more were somewhat culpable - the unseen hand of the officials notwithstanding.

Perilous match now.Β  When you have the great performance and get a huge bonus win,Β  it sets you up really well going forward.Β  Getting no reward from the game just sets you back to square one and under pressure as a result.Β Β 

3 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

Very true.

2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

We got beat 2-1Β 

Correct, but I though he set his stall out well. Also help from the 12th, 13th, 14th, and 15th man.

as with these types of fixtures I'm praying for an early goal for us as it'll force livi to open up more - and thus make for a better spectacle.

4 hours ago, karipidis said:

Did you not see him getting subbed after 40 mins or so due to injury?Β 

No I went for a pish and a beer and when I sat down again he was subbed. I knew he’d gone off but not why. Thought it might have been that he’d been booked but didn’t know.Β 

4 minutes ago, JamboMaddy said:

What are the chances of Beni getting another start?

No idea but I thought he played well and might be kept back for Sunday.Β 

5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

What was up with Offiah? Played well.

Only know had to come off.Β  I only saw the second half yesterday.Β  I just assume the worst these days - guessing his leg fell off.

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No idea but I thought he played well and might be kept back for Sunday.Β 

feels like we've learnt from his disastrous return v Rosenborg and are easing him back. He'll either get enough minutes on Weds to increase his match fitness / road to full recovery - or as you say, given the week to recover for next sunday

Nelly Terraces

I don't rate either our management or squad of players, but even I think we'll win on Wednesday night. Can't see it being a thriller mind you.Β 

29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No I went for a pish and a beer and when I sat down again he was subbed. I knew he’d gone off but not why. Thought it might have been that he’d been booked but didn’t know.Β 

I watched the whole game and thought he was subbed cos he was going to get another card, didn't notice his injury.

Berra than you
19 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I watched the whole game and thought he was subbed cos he was going to get another card, didn't notice his injury.

On the highlights when he leaves the pitch you can see him gesturing about his backΒ 

Ex member of the SaS
5 hours ago, Sir PH said:

If I am correct the extra time from the side lines are advisory and the ref has the final say. It was obvious Sevco would be allowed to play until they got the winner. Posted weeks ago that VaR should be policed by neutral officials, even to the extent of lower English league refs.

Gorgie Garcon

Has the feeling of a stuffy cagey night under the lights, they are a horrible mob to try and break down and always treat tynie like a cup final.

Β 

With Sibbick and Offiah out, would like to see a 3-4-3 formation too, but I think again he will use rotation and leave us puzzled again to what is going on. Intrigued to see if Boyce gets a sniff, maybe something into that if he doesn't feature again?

Β 

Coaching staff should realise that they are playing for their futures over the next 6 days. Personally I think nothing but a convincing win and a decent attempt at sevco on Sunday extends their probations until Xmas.

Edited by Gorgie Garcon

Ex member of the SaS

Win by a decent margin and other results going our way and we are back up to 4th and a huge sigh of relief from SN. Lose and he has to go asap and get an experienced manager in.

Personally would prefer a proper manager but a loss is unthinkable. We really have to start winning if we want any chance of third. Winning is SN only hope and he will get less grief from me and I suspect a few others. Move upwards or step aside.