Toby Sibbick

Selkirkhmfc1874

43 minutes ago, combo74 said:

The boy behind me today said all we had to do was bring on Halliday and Haring and we’d have won the game 🤦‍♂️

Sibbick made a mistake for the goal…no doubt, and we had a crazy 2 minutes, but as usual some of the criticism is way over the top.

So many simpletons around. Sack the manager get rid of Rowles, Halkett, Toby, Ginnelly and things will improve......blah,blah....If they take the same analytical thinking to politics, it's easy to see why we have the charlatans we have had in charge In recent times:vrface:

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carter

• GinRummy

• H2

• Dazo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Total bombscare

3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Absolute shitebag of a man.

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Game over for him. 

3 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Absolutely horrendous from minute 1 today. Certainly at fault for their 2nd. Haven’t seen their first back yet.

3 hours ago, Gundermann said:

He's had his chance.

:bolt:

3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Had a wee run of form for us last season. Other than that, he’s been largely pish for us.

3 hours ago, Badonde said:

Shouldn’t play again after that.  The Big prick won’t even care either

3 hours ago, best in the land said:

Get rid asap.

Absolute donkey 

3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I’ve been saying he’s a crap defender since he joined.

1 purple patch last season and we absolutely should’ve sold him for that £300k bid from super mick.

Have a look in the mirror, what do you see? 

5 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

When you say he has all the tools then decision making and awareness are tools and you agree he doesn't possess them.

His heading is poor. That's another tool he doesn't possess.

It's just the way it was worded.

Right mate it’s just an expression. 

‘Physically’ he has all the tools.  

20 minutes ago, Balaclava said:

Just watched their goals back and he’s at fault for both of them. Cannot play centre half at all.

Why doesn’t he just put his left foot through it rather than flicking it.

Yes, mostly. But the first Hibs goal was down to Beni at first. WTF was he doing with that half-assed clearance. Both him and Sibbick, why can't they just launch the ball FFS? Any player, whatever their natural position must know this and be able to do it surely?

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, stirlo said:

I've only seen the goal live at the game, so not seen a replay, but it looked bizarre in real time. It really seemed baffling what he was trying to do.

No awareness of whats going on around him, bizzare carry on.

FERRY HEARTS

Has had 1 stand out game for us on his debut against sevco !  Other than that unfortunately he’s shown no guts 

Looks out of place week in week out .

Nothing better than a poor Natty stand in IMO

Just now, H2 said:

It's a very simple question

Aye but what’s it go to do with Sibbick?

Edited by GinRummy

FERRY HEARTS
3 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

So let’s ignore the tackle late on which avoided hibs 3rd 🤷🏼‍♂️

Was to late by then He’d played a part in both vermin goals 

Just now, H2 said:

A lot.

You’ve lost me mate. I want one of the posters you quoted but was just curious to see what your point was. No big deal. 

maroonsgotop

Toby getting pelters despite having an excellent game until Kingsley got injured and then Naismith moving the whole defence to accommodate Offiah. Offiah and Beni were both truly awful. As someone else said, if Beni has already said that he'll be moving on at the end of the season, what is the point in playing him (to get fit) when he's clearly miles off the pace. His body language today was dreadful

upgotheheads
8 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

don't let the facts get in the way of a slagging

13 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

Offiah and Beni were both truly awful. As someone else said, if Beni has already said that he'll be moving on at the end of the season, what is the point in playing him (to get fit) when he's clearly miles off the pace. His body language today was dreadful

Beni played well imo.

Other than their first goal.

Body language is so far off the mark.

You're seeing things you want to see because you've made up you're mind on him.

1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

Yes, mostly. But the first Hibs goal was down to Beni at first. WTF was he doing with that half-assed clearance. Both him and Sibbick, why can't they just launch the ball FFS? Any player, whatever their natural position must know this and be able to do it surely?

I agree. Both as bad as each other where a simple ‘get ******* rid of it’ would have sufficed.

Should Sibbick do better even with the header initially that goes to Beni? Not enough distance or width on it for me which is criminal for a centre half. 

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh as it is whipped in at some pace.

BackOfTheNet

Watching Sportscene the first goal is the fault of Baningime not clearing correctly and Kent slow to react and ball watching allowing Vente all the space he wanted to lay it off.

Sibbick undoubtedly had a major blunder for the second, but errors and misjudgements caused both goals. I like Kent, but I’ll never get over how vociferous some back be about Sibbick when he has a bad game or make an error, but somehow be completely silent or blinded to the misjudgments or mistakes of their favourites.

Can't be arsed reading the thread. Presume his fan club are out in force defending the indefensible.

Simply cannot be trusted when it matters. 

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Not his fault for 1st, Beni has that honour.

Can't agree with that at all; he made 2 mistakes for the first

First mistake was failing to clear it; it's his decision to clear it or not; you don't pass the ball around our box at 2-0 up with 20 minutes left

2nd again, failed to clear it

RB or DM cover, should not be CB

Seems a good lad but never in a million years is he a Hearts defender.

”Our defence is as strong as the old castle rock”. Not with him in it.

4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Beni played well imo.

Other than their first goal.

Body language is so far off the mark.

You're seeing things you want to see because you've made up you're mind on him.

Maybe you were watching a different game than everyone else. Beni was like a crippled old man playing in midfield for Hearts. Lost us the three points.

Ricardo Quaresma
7 hours ago, ramrod said:

The guy can't be trusted at centre  half when the heat comes on.

He just makes horrendous decisions time after time.

Naismith probably should have left him at right back and slotted Offiah in beside Kent .

I'll be amazed if Naismith plays him in centre of a 4 4 2 ever again,  infact that would be a sackable offence  

I don't understand this either; Offiah inside left too; don't move Kent

Ricardo Quaresma
7 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

I'd probably have as our 5th best defender. 

Behind Halkett, Kingsley, Cochrane and Kent.

He is a better defender than Rowles for me and should not have sat on the bench all season, or shunted into 3/4 different positions. He's cost us less goals since Christmas than Rowles has cost us this season.

Very poor performance for 90s today and a big part of the reason we never took 3 points, but did a lot of good outside the mad 90s.

Rowles is an International Professional who knows to clear the ball at 2-0 up

He's been working on Aerial Duels, something Sibbick needs work on too; both have progressed on this front, but Rowles does not have Sibbick's decision-making problem

There isn't a decision to make; if in doubt, give it a clout

One guy trying to blame Beni for the first when Sibbick failed to clear, twice, before and after Beni touched it, far from goal too, I might add

6 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Rowles is an International Professional who knows to clear the ball at 2-0 up

He's been working on Aerial Duels, something Sibbick needs work on too; both have progressed on this front, but Rowles does not have Sibbick's decision-making problem

There isn't a decision to make; if in doubt, give it a clout

One guy trying to blame Beni for the first when Sibbick failed to clear, twice, before and after Beni touched it, far from goal too, I might add

Sibbick nowhere near the levels of Rowles and never will. He loses concentration all the time. Done it in the second half out with the goals when he wasn’t even watching the play and the ball was coming into his area. I’m sorry but he’s never improving and needs to be taken out the team. RB is a major problem as Offiah looks terrible as well. 

12 hours ago, H2 said:

12 hours ago, H2 said:

It's a very simple question

12 hours ago, H2 said:

A lot.

Quit with the bull. If you’ve got something to say, say it.

13 hours ago, H2 said:

I have to agree with all the above comments to be honest. Don’t think he should be playing for us. Not good enough 

12 hours ago, GinRummy said:

You’ve lost me mate. I want one of the posters you quoted but was just curious to see what your point was. No big deal. 

I think it implies that if we look in the mirror then we will see someone looking back that isn’t infallible. We’ve all made mistakes in times of our life. I’ve made loads in my lifetime  and at crucial times of my life. Some have cost me thousands of pounds and some I’ve fallen out with family members and relationships are now strained.

Toby messed up and he’ll mess up again, so will the majority of players. Yesterday was a bitter pill to swallow but Toby can do one of two things.  He’ll either rise up and take it on the chin and come out next game and show his mettle. Or he’ll shrink like a violet and his Hearts career will be history. Naisy should take responsibility for these substitutions but if we win the game then he’s vindicated. It’s fine margins after all. Beni should never have been on the park, he’s a shadow of the player pre Injury. Haring would’ve slowed the game down and we could’ve played possession based football. Huns threw the kitchen sink at us in that 2 goal spell and Beni needed ten mins just to find his legs. It was 100mph stuff and he wasn’t ready and didn’t adjust to the pace of the game. His attempted clearance was as weak as dish water. Toby was unlucky with first one as it took an unlucky deflection into the path of Youan. The second one was schoolboy stuff and that’s being unkind to schoolboys. 

We’ll all learn a lesson from yesterday. I was thinking at 2-0 that we’ll go on and score another 2 as they had to go for it. Shut up shop, stifle midfield and doors would’ve opened for us. Sadly are gameplan went awry. No need to sack the manager and hound big Toby out of the team. That’s character building and I expect is to have a real go at out next home game. 

3 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I think it implies that if we look in the mirror then we will see someone looking back that isn’t infallible. We’ve all made mistakes in times of our life. I’ve made loads in my lifetime  and at crucial times of my life. Some have cost me thousands of pounds and some I’ve fallen out with family members and relationships are now strained.

Toby messed up and he’ll mess up again, so will the majority of players. Yesterday was a bitter pill to swallow but Toby can do one of two things.  He’ll either rise up and take it on the chin and come out next game and show his mettle. Or he’ll shrink like a violet and his Hearts career will be history. Naisy should take responsibility for these substitutions but if we win the game then he’s vindicated. It’s fine margins after all. Beni should never have been on the park, he’s a shadow of the player pre Injury. Haring would’ve slowed the game down and we could’ve played possession based football. Huns threw the kitchen sink at us in that 2 goal spell and Beni needed ten mins just to find his legs. It was 100mph stuff and he wasn’t ready and didn’t adjust to the pace of the game. His attempted clearance was as weak as dish water. Toby was unlucky with first one as it took an unlucky deflection into the path of Youan. The second one was schoolboy stuff and that’s being unkind to schoolboys. 

We’ll all learn a lesson from yesterday. I was thinking at 2-0 that we’ll go on and score another 2 as they had to go for it. Shut up shop, stifle midfield and doors would’ve opened for us. Sadly are gameplan went awry. No need to sack the manager and hound big Toby out of the team. That’s character building and I expect is to have a real go at out next home game. 

Cheers. I understand now. 

13 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Not ignore but that is part of his job. Providing a lay off for their equaliser isn’t. I’m not going to be too critical but he had a shocking couple of minutes. That’s on him. 

24 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Obviously his clearance aside I thought Beni done well when he came on. We can’t keep saying he isn’t ready, he needs games and looked good and getting back to the player we know. He started a lot of our attacks and was certainly getting us up the park.  

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Not ignore but that is part of his job. Providing a lay off for their equaliser isn’t. I’m not going to be too critical but he had a shocking couple of minutes. That’s on him. 

I've not yet seen a replay of the goals, but my feeling watching the second goal in real time was it would be one of the strangest bits of defending I've witnessed from a Hearts defender. It was a bit like the Jordan McGhee handball up at Pittodrie a few years ago. You just cannot understand what on earth was going through the player's mind at that moment.

1 minute ago, stirlo said:

I've not yet seen a replay of the goals, but my feeling watching the second goal in real time was it would be one of the strangest bits of defending I've witnessed from a Hearts defender. It was a bit like the Jordan McGhee handball up at Pittodrie a few years ago. You just cannot understand what on earth was going through the player's mind at that moment.

I doubt Toby could explain it either. Unfortunately these brain freeze moments are unusual and will likely cost him his hearts career and any chance of his career going in the right direction. 

Just now, Dazo said:

Obviously his clearance aside I thought Beni done well when he came on. We can’t keep saying he isn’t ready, he needs games and looked good and getting back to the player we know. He started a lot of our attacks and was certainly getting us up the park.  

Naisy’s gameplan was to clearly shut up shop and see the 30 mins out. Maybe hoping to add to our 2 goal lead as hibs were needing to go kamikaze at some stage and would’ve left gaps for us to exploit. The first goal gave them a much needed lift and we shat the bed in the next 90 seconds.  

My post says that beni needed 10 mins just to adapt to the pace of the game and he was better after ten mins, getting his breath and his legs. He needs minutes of course he does but it was the quick fire substitutions that hurt. He wasn’t ready for a baptism of fire /100mph end to end stuff. Haring would’ve slowed the game down and kept it simple. We panicked and it cost us. Maybe Naisy should’ve left more time between making the changes as fresh legs don’t always get up to match speed as soon as they enter the arena. Alas we’ll never know now, we can only speculate but my own feelings are we let them off the hook again with our own mistakes. It’s now confined to the history books though. Shoulda, woulda, coulda all spring to mind. We move on to the next one! 

12 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Naisy’s gameplan was to clearly shut up shop and see the 30 mins out. Maybe hoping to add to our 2 goal lead as hibs were needing to go kamikaze at some stage and would’ve left gaps for us to exploit. The first goal gave them a much needed lift and we shat the bed in the next 90 seconds.  

My post says that beni needed 10 mins just to adapt to the pace of the game and he was better after ten mins, getting his breath and his legs. He needs minutes of course he does but it was the quick fire substitutions that hurt. He wasn’t ready for a baptism of fire /100mph end to end stuff. Haring would’ve slowed the game down and kept it simple. We panicked and it cost us. Maybe Naisy should’ve left more time between making the changes as fresh legs don’t always get up to match speed as soon as they enter the arena. Alas we’ll never know now, we can only speculate but my own feelings are we let them off the hook again with our own mistakes. It’s now confined to the history books though. Shoulda, woulda, coulda all spring to mind. We move on to the next one! 

Disagree mate Beni should have been comfortable and ready to go, his mistake was nothing to do with needing 10 mins imo. He’s been training since preseason and played games. I don’t blame SN for expecting him to come on and perform especially on a game we were pretty much dominating. Take the mistake out I’d say he did perform. 

As you say though, we move on. 

Edited by Dazo

6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Disagree mate Beni should have been comfortable and ready to go, his mistake was nothing to do with needing 10 mins imo. He’s been training since preseason and played games. I don’t blame SN for expecting him to come on and perform especially on a game we were pretty much dominating. Take the mistake out of say he did perform. 

As you say though, we move on. 

So you sat after the error he didn't perform.  Watch the second half again after he came on and repeat that.

17 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Total bombscare

It's a heartache, nothing but a heartache...

To blame yes, rubbish at the goals yes, overall  bombscare no. 

3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

So you sat after the error he didn't perform.  Watch the second half again after he came on and repeat that.

I’m saying he did perform. It was a typo above. 😊

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Spot on, the guys on Sportscene explained the situation with Beni well regarding him getting into the game.

Perth to Paisley

Toby undoubtedly made a hash of defending the second goal but ...

If he could do all the things he does well and all the things he on occasion doesn't do well he simply wouldn't be at Hearts.

Some need to 'get real".

Edited by Perth to Paisley

13 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Beni was only just on the pitch and immediately before fluffing the clearance he’d made 4 separate sprints so by the time it came to clear the ball he was blowing out his arse, terrible substitution to make, any player that’s missed as much football as he has cannot possibly be thrown into a frenetic derby and get up to match speed quickly

3 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Toby undoubtedly made a hash of defending the second goal but ...

If he could do all the things he does well and all the things he on occasion doesn't do well he simply wouldn't be at Hearts.

Some need to 'get real".

He made a hash of defending for both goals although the first was getting the ball caught between his feet and breaking to Youhan.

Having said that we had various opportunities to clear the ball by other players for both goals and only succeeded in giving the ball back to them.

I still like him.

When a player has known concentration and consistency issues don't start playing him out of position and just when he's had a few games under his belt there switch him mid-game in a derby to ch. It's just crying out for a cock up.

3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Beni was only just on the pitch and immediately before fluffing the clearance he’d made 4 separate sprints so by the time it came to clear the ball he was blowing out his arse, terrible substitution to make, any player that’s missed as much football as he has cannot possibly be thrown into a frenetic derby and get up to match speed quickly

Which for me shows that Naismith has not learned anything from playing Beni against Rosenborg.

Beni should have been getting game time over a period of time to get him match fit rather than the way he has been used.

Naismith was not to know what would happen minutes after he introduced Beni but his use of Beni has been poor and yesterday could well knock his confidence back even more than it was already.

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I still like him.

When a player has known concentration and consistency issues don't start playing him out of position and just when he's had a few games under his belt there switch him mid-game in a derby to ch. It's just crying out for a cock up.

I suppose the only other option would have been to bring Offiah on at CB and leave Sibbick where he was and playing well.

Be interesting to see if that happens in our next game.