Toby Sibbick

Selkirkhmfc1874

38 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Absolute donkey. Not the first game he's cost us. Won't be the last.

Would genuinely be delighted if he never put the jersey on again.

And he is clearly not first choice in any position. He has warmed the bench this season. We have to remember he is playing because some how our injury list is even longer than last season. 

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carter

• GinRummy

• H2

• Dazo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

He isn’t error prone. He had one bad moment today but was superb for the other 89 minutes. Should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

I think a 'bad moment' is putting it kindly. It was an absolutely dreadful error - the equivalent of a keeper letting a very slow-moving shot through his hands and into the net. I'm still at a loss to understand what he was actually trying to do at the goal.  

3 minutes ago, stirlo said:

I think a 'bad moment' is putting it kindly. It was an absolutely dreadful error - the equivalent of a keeper letting a very slow-moving shot through his hands and into the net. I'm still at a loss to understand what he was actually trying to do at the goal.  

He was never superb, adequate at right back, cost us two points at centre back. Falls well short of the standard we should be looking for.

HeartsandonlyHearts

I was ripped a new a$$ hole on here when I stated he was to blame for #!bs goal in the semi final and should have cleared the Hampden stand with a clearance. Today was probably his 3rd or 4th time of not doing the obvious. Hasn’t learned the basics. If in doubt put it out. Has to be dropped or gone in January. We can’t advance with him.

30 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

He isn’t error prone. He had one bad moment today but was superb for the other 89 minutes. Should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

You having a laugh.

45 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

for 3 games till he’s out again. The new Souttar 

FFS. What a thought eh? How bad is our defence :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

He wasnt horrendous from minute 1. That's just not true. He was playing well at RB 

I'm not even talking about him when he moved into the centre but let's not make stuff up that he was shite at RB to emphasise the point that he made a total arse of it when he was moved to CB.

He was decent at RB to the extent Boyle switched wings. If he'd stayed out there would have been a great performance. 

I'd have hoped he could be stronger in the box tho and was furious at the time - albeit looking back, Beni contributed to goal 1 and Offiah was also cuplable at goal 2.  :( 

Gimme an H...
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Played out of position that's all 

“That’s all” - 🤣🤣🤣

Doesn’t matter a **** what position he’s playing, that **** up for their second goal is absolutely criminal at this level.

Pasquale for King

Can never play CH again, hes so slow at the first goal and that touch at the second. RB or CM no matter what he thinks hes not a CH. 

2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

He was decent at RB to the extent Boyle switched wings. If he'd stayed out there would have been a great performance. 

I'd have hoped he could be stronger in the box tho and was furious at the time - albeit looking back, Beni contributed to goal 1 and Offiah was also cuplable at goal 2.  :( 

For me, Sibbs should have just booted the ball into row z for their second. I was livid at the time. He switched off and it cost us 

Their first goal, we had 4 defenders in the box and youan got to the ball before the 4 of them and for the rebound .... he must have wanted to get to the ball more that our 4 players coming in to defend the ball and that's more frustrating than anything. 

Game management mate. They never got a draw today .... we handed them that result, all of our own accord.

Horrible to say but it's entirely our own fault as they weren't capable of good enough getting back in the game and on their own terms. We played well today. Out with that 2 minutes of madness it was a very good performance although it feels like the world has caved in right now.

3 good games is all he had last season 1 v RFS and 2 v Hibs. He looks back to being dreadfully bad this season and after that he should be punted once and for all. 

There was a moment a few games ago when a high ball sailed over the midfield and Toby, rather than move and attack the ball, let it bounce in front of him and jumped to head it but missed it and it ended up behind him. Luckily there was no opponent behind him but it was just luck. 

No matter how well he’s playing he always has an absolute howler coming. Sometimes it costs us and sometimes it doesn’t. Today it cost us. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Cost us goal against them at Hampden , cost us goal against them down at there dump last season with last minute equaliser and cost us equaliser today

Gordon Ramsay
21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There was a moment a few games ago when a high ball sailed over the midfield and Toby, rather than move and attack the ball, let it bounce in front of him and jumped to head it but missed it and it ended up behind him. Luckily there was no opponent behind him but it was just luck. 

No matter how well he’s playing he always has an absolute howler coming. Sometimes it costs us and sometimes it doesn’t. Today it cost us. 

Kilmarnock in the cup I think. 

His errors are far too costly, needs binned ASAP. 

Looked good at right back and potentially could have won a penalty. 

Not a centre half due to lapses in concentration especially in big games. Hibs Semi, Hibs ER, Rangers to name a few. 

Today should be the last game ever at CH for us. 

He’s pish.  You wouldn’t see that defending on a Sunday at your local park.  ****ing awful.  At the end of the day we should have signed another couple centre backs, but for whatever reason Joe savage decided not to

Everybody ignoring that he had Boyle in his pocket until he was switched to RB. The second error was awful but he also saved us losing the match at the death.

Pete Elliott
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Not in the mood to entertain absolute pish like this. 

He's an error prone bombscare.

Rightly started today to counter the Boyle speed threat in which he did fine. Doesnt excuse the consistent individual errors all the time. 

I’m assuming that given he does “individual error all the time” you’ll easily be able to give me a list of them?

Personally I can only think of two and both have came against Hibs (which maybe explains some of the hyperbolic vitriol).

2 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Aye Halliday would’ve strolled it against Youan and Boyle

The boy behind me today said all we had to do was bring on Halliday and Haring and we’d have won the game 🤦‍♂️

Sibbick made a mistake for the goal…no doubt, and we had a crazy 2 minutes, but as usual some of the criticism is way over the top.

Edited by combo74

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Yep. He was doing fine at RB. 

I think Nai-clue should have brought on Halliday and maintained the integrity of our CB pairing. 

Honestly, I have never been aboard the Sibbick train, I wasn't keen on Naismith being appointed either but the change he made with Kingsley going off injured was the only call 

Hibs have pace our wide, Boyle and Youan might be loathsome, diving bstards but they have a lot of pace, that's why it was working with Sibbick and his pace out wide. If we had put Halliday on they would have had an absolute field day getting in behind him.

Sibbick isn't great and cost us with his poor concentration but the reasoning was right with what we had 

Just seen it on TV as was low down in Gorgie stand today. Truly awful from Toby. And it deflects off him as well to take it past Zander. 

Awful. Just awful.  

1 hour ago, Pete Elliott said:

Take the raw emotion away and he’s still the best defender at our club.

If that's true, our recruiting staff need to be replaced.

37 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Clocked that aswell, really strange from a professional player. Wasn't even challenged for it, there's players in the amateur leagues that can head the ball all day long if unchallenged. 

3 minutes ago, combo74 said:

The boy behind me today said all we had to do was bring on Halliday and Haring and we’d have won the game 🤦‍♂️

Sibbick made a mistake for the goal…no doubt, and we had a crazy 2 minutes, but as usual some of the criticism is way over the top.

🤣 it’s laughable mate, two of the slowest players in our squad against that front 4. Dread to think what would’ve happened. I 100% trust SN and what he’s trying to do over the 90min managers that occupy our support.

Pete Elliott
2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

If that's true, our recruiting staff need to be replaced.

Kent and Cochrane a very close second but Sibbick is a class act. One of a handful of players in our squad who will go on and play at a better level.

1 minute ago, Pete Elliott said:

Kent and Cochrane a very close second but Sibbick is a class act. One of a handful of players in our squad who will go on and play at a better level.

Your definitely at the wind up on here.

indianajones
15 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

I’m assuming that given he does “individual error all the time” you’ll easily be able to give me a list of them?

Personally I can only think of two and both have came against Hibs (which maybe explains some of the hyperbolic vitriol).

If you gave me ten slightly pished minutes of thought I'd likely come up with at least three other examples 😅

2 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

🤣 it’s laughable mate, two of the slowest players in our squad against that front 4. Dread to think what would’ve happened. I 100% trust SN and what he’s trying to do over the 90min managers that occupy our support.

Agreed…one mistake and folk

saying you have to GTF out of the club. Embarrassing! I’m assuming the folk in our support throwing this knee jerk criticism out have never made a mistake in their life 🤔

Pete Elliott
3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

If you gave me ten slightly pished minutes of thought I'd likely come up with at least three other examples 😅

So he “constantly” makes errors but you’d struggle to come up with three? No worries 👍🏻

43 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

As other have said . He actually had a really good game at right back.  

but should never play centrally again

He should never play for Hearts again.

Seems to be in a constant trance like state.

Just a dreadful ******* footballer.

Sets up their second goal with a lovely wee flick.

Embarrassing, just embarrassing.

indianajones
5 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

So he “constantly” makes errors but you’d struggle to come up with three? No worries 👍🏻

I'd come up with a lot more than three to be honest. Have you seen today's highlights? Bombscare doesn't cover it. 

Just watched their goals back and he’s at fault for both of them. Cannot play centre half at all.

Why doesn’t he just put his left foot through it rather than flicking it.

billybalfour

If Naismith/Savage want him out we will easily get a decent fee for him from English Championship.Blackpool offered a decent fee for him in January so it will be interesting to see if Naismith values him more than some of our support come the window.I would keep him as it's a long season and he's a decent ,if not great,player.

38 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Honestly, I have never been aboard the Sibbick train, I wasn't keen on Naismith being appointed either but the change he made with Kingsley going off injured was the only call 

Hibs have pace our wide, Boyle and Youan might be loathsome, diving bstards but they have a lot of pace, that's why it was working with Sibbick and his pace out wide. If we had put Halliday on they would have had an absolute field day getting in behind him.

Sibbick isn't great and cost us with his poor concentration but the reasoning was right with what we had 

Is Offiah not a CB as well? No need to move Toby from rb where his pace was needed. 

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Absolute shitebag of a man.

Get a grip, he might be a shitebag of a player but there's no evidence that he's a shitebag of a man.

upgotheheads
6 minutes ago, south morocco said:

He’s not good enough in that position. Dreadful and cost us 3 points today 

two points

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, south morocco said:

He’s not good enough in that position. Dreadful and cost us 3 points today 

*2 points. We were in a position to take all 3, but ended up with 1.

Kent and Rowles have made errors that have conceded goals that have lost us games, there’s more of an argument to be made they’ve lost us 3 points this season than Sibbick has.

And as for those saying “should never play again”, aye, let’s just stick the likes of Halliday on players like Youan or Boyle. Point being, Sibbick has attributes others in the squad don’t have. And after the first few times Boyle got the better of Kent, Sibbick stepped in and dealt with him. An argument could be made if Boyle was up against Kent more often they’d take the lead and not us. But obviously a blunder is going to be the only thing people focus on.

3 hours ago, DS98 said:

He’s absolutely rapid and built like a brick shithouse. He is excellent in 1 on 1 situations and is never beat. So aye, he has got so much going for him. It’s just his awareness and decision making which let him down time and time again. 

When you say he has all the tools then decision making and awareness are tools and you agree he doesn't possess them.

His heading is poor. That's another tool he doesn't possess.

It's just the way it was worded.