Toby Sibbick

Selkirkhmfc1874

7 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Back heel to Youan for the second goal, just not good enough. No conviction, no awareness, no clue. 

I really don't know what he was thinking there. 

the amount of daft toe pokes straight back to Hibs our defence were doing was disgraceful. If you can connect with the ball, ****ing connect with it. Don't half heartedly tap it away. 

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carter

• GinRummy

• H2

• Dazo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

allystrachan

Remember we were selling him for 1 million in the summer? No idea where that chat came from! 

Funny thing is, he would probably improve that hibs defence too. 

He’s certainly had his chance & continues to cock up the simple tasks. The problem we have is that Ofiah looks about as bad.

He doesn’t have the defensive instinct in the box and is prone to major clangers. Just an a piss poor centre half. Big mistake from Naismith breaking up a solid pairing. 

18 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The archetypal modern day player then. Big fast strong. But a crap in terms of footballing 

He’s definitely got something football wise. I thought previously the errors could be coached out of him but sadly we’ve not had much coaching going on recently. We’ve discovered he’s not a cm and he’s not a centre half. Right back is his last chance imo.

Gordon Ramsay
7 minutes ago, OTT said:

I really don't know what he was thinking there. 

the amount of daft toe pokes straight back to Hibs our defence were doing was disgraceful. If you can connect with the ball, ****ing connect with it. Don't half heartedly tap it away. 

Sibbick wasn't the only guilty party to be fair. Throughout the second half we fannied about with it at the back and gave them opportunities. 

I have absolutely zero confidence in Naismith and would rather we got rid now than let it go on any longer. We couldn't have asked for a better run of games to start the season and the return of points we've got is pitiful. 

Captain Sausage

Absolute donkey. Not the first game he's cost us. Won't be the last.

Would genuinely be delighted if he never put the jersey on again.

Regular John

His constant losses of concentration leading to massive blunders mean he isn't safe to play centre half, however the amount of bulk he's put on, which impacts his mobility means I don't think he's suitable for right back either.

I'm not sure he's good/safe enough to really play anywhere for us.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

He’s definitely got something football wise. I thought previously the errors could be coached out of him but sadly we’ve not had much coaching going on recently. We’ve discovered he’s not a cm and he’s not a centre half. Right back is his last chance imo.

Not for me. I have had enough of defenders who are crap at defending.

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Not for me. I have had enough of defenders who are crap at defending.

Fair enough. He did a lot of good today but his part in the two goals was indefensible. 

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Right now, Craig Halkett will be the 2nd coming…

for 3 games till he’s out again. The new Souttar 

colinmorewasgash

Lovely bloke ta fr cup goal but no way a centre back soft weak prone to far too many errors. Halketts goosed even if he comes bk let toby go bk down south and bring in a defender who can defend with bit experience.

7 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Absolute donkey. Not the first game he's cost us. Won't be the last.

Would genuinely be delighted if he never put the jersey on again.

Where I’m at.

Gordon Ramsay
1 minute ago, Pete Elliott said:

Take the raw emotion away and he’s still the best defender at our club.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Regular John said:

His constant losses of concentration leading to massive blunders mean he isn't safe to play centre half, however the amount of bulk he's put on, which impacts his mobility means I don't think he's suitable for right back either.

I'm not sure he's good/safe enough to really play anywhere for us.

He is not.

Watched him in the Killie cup tie and he was hopeless.

Today he was beyond hopeless. His set up flick for the second goal was embarrassing.

Get rid, please.

2 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

🤣🤣🤣

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Fair enough. He did a lot of good today but his part in the two goals was indefensible. 

That is the thing about defending. It’s just all about those big moments.  

It’s a bit like a striker who does a lot right, holds it up well, but just misses big chances. It costs you dear 

22 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

thankfully made a fantastic block in stoppage time or we would have lost

Lino’s flag was up for offside.  Great tackle I agree. 

8 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

You can’t be a good defender and be error prone. It’s simply not possible. 

queensferryjambo

Sibbick was IMO playing really well until Kingsley got injured and he got put into the middle. Had he been left out wide we would have been sitting here praising his performance. 

I get the comments with the post match emotions running high, but Sibbick is a decent player in my opinion when played in the right position is a big asset for us.  

Fozzyonthefence
20 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Nothing to do with coaching, he’s just mentally not got it.  Pep couldn’t coach him into a decent CB.

Pete Elliott
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You can’t be a good defender and be error prone. It’s simply not possible. 

He isn’t error prone. He had one bad moment today but was superb for the other 89 minutes. Should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, queensferryjambo said:

Sibbick was IMO playing really well until Kingsley got injured and he got put into the middle. Had he been left out wide we would have been sitting here praising his performance. 

I get the comments with the post match emotions running high, but Sibbick is a decent player in my opinion when played in the right position is a big asset for us.  

He got moved into his favourite position after Kingsley went off but I agree he looks better at RB.

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Pete Elliott said:

He isn’t error prone. He had one bad moment today but was superb for the other 89 minutes. Should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

You’re at it, he’s been error prone pretty much his whole Hearts career.  Simply not good enough.

maroonsgotop
2 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

agreed. He was absolutely strolling it until the whole defence got moved across one to accommodate Offiah at full back who of course is never a full back

8 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

That is the thing about defending. It’s just all about those big moments.  

It’s a bit like a striker who does a lot right, holds it up well, but just misses big chances. It costs you dear 

Yes and no. I think he does get the big moments right. The blocks and the 1v1s. It’s the things that should be easily eradicated but he just fails at. Awareness and decision making. 

That 2nd goal wasn’t a big moment, or it shouldn’t have been. That situation occurs 20x a game. It should’ve been a left foot clearance into the stand. He’s made it happen through rank decision making. 

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Nothing to do with coaching, he’s just mentally not got it.  Pep couldn’t coach him into a decent CB.

Could be right. 

queensferryjambo
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

He got moved into his favourite position after Kingsley went off but I agree he looks better at RB.

He has a decent bit of pace and a real engine for getting up and down the flanks. So yes agreed he definitely looks better as RB. 

Every player has a bad day, unfortunately he had his worst for Hearts today. Two poor pieces of decision making really cost us.

I was absolutely fuming after the game at how it went mainly because we were IMO so good for so long and threw away the goals rather than Hibs really working for them.

The guy can't be trusted at centre  half when the heat comes on.

He just makes horrendous decisions time after time.

Naismith probably should have left him at right back and slotted Offiah in beside Kent .

I'll be amazed if Naismith plays him in centre of a 4 4 2 ever again,  infact that would be a sackable offence  

5 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

He is error prone. He drifts out of position and makes errors under no real pressure. He’s been doing it regularly since the day he re-signed for us. If you’re not aware of that then sorry but you simply haven’t been paying attention. 

Edited by GinRummy

17 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Take the raw emotion away and he’s still good enough to play for Hearts 

I'd probably have as our 5th best defender. 

Behind Halkett, Kingsley, Cochrane and Kent.

He is a better defender than Rowles for me and should not have sat on the bench all season, or shunted into 3/4 different positions. He's cost us less goals since Christmas than Rowles has cost us this season.

Very poor performance for 90s today and a big part of the reason we never took 3 points, but did a lot of good outside the mad 90s.

Pete Elliott
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He is error prone. He drifts out of position and makes errors under no real pressure. He’s been doing it regularly since the day he re-signed for us. If you’re not aware of that then sorry but you simply haven’t been paying attention. 

He really hasn’t. Rowles has cost us 3 or 4 goals this season and we stuck by him. Toby costs us one goal and we want him sold? Folk need to realise that the world doesn’t revolve around derby games.

24 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

for 3 games till he’s out again. The new Souttar 

I think Kingsleys taken Souttar to a whole new level. 

Guy is literally stealing a wage.

Just now, Pete Elliott said:

He really hasn’t. Rowles has cost us 3 or 4 goals this season and we stuck by him. Toby costs us one goal and we want him sold? Folk need to realise that the world doesn’t revolve around derby games.

I don’t think Rowles is good enough either. I’ll not jugge Sibbick based on Rowles failures though. 

south morocco
1 minute ago, Pete Elliott said:

They are the two players in the squad who  make regular clangers

25 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Take any form of sanity away and you’d be right.

He looked lazy to react to everything.

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Absolutely horrendous from minute 1 today. Certainly at fault for their 2nd. Haven’t seen their first back yet.

Bollocks, he had Boyle in his back pocket when at RB and Kent was struggling. He had a mare for the goals no doubt. But let’s not make things up.

indianajones
27 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Not in the mood to entertain absolute pish like this. 

He's an error prone bombscare.

Rightly started today to counter the Boyle speed threat in which he did fine. Doesnt excuse the consistent individual errors all the time. 

BackOfTheNet

It’s a derby we drew 2-2, points dropped and undoubtedly blame can be laid at Sibbick. But errors from Kent/Denholm/Rowles have cost us points this season and although some (well, Rowles) got some flack, the others get an easy ride.

I understand it’s Hibs, and tensions will be high because of it, but too many on here look as if they just couldn’t wait to jump down Sibbick’s throat. Suppose it’s been months since you can do it, so crack on.

Edited by BackOfTheNet