***Heart Of Midlothian Vs H1b5*** Official Match Thread

Masonic

26 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Nah, we would have slinked off thinking we got away with one. Today we blew 2 points and Naismith knows it, Toby even knew it at the full time whistle.

I've literally been at Easter Road when we've have celebrated clinching a draw. The full end. They know they got away with one today, doesn't stop them celebrating in that type of situation. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• GinRummy

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

He was ****ed. Visibly tired. 

Correct. Lowry had fallen out the game and Hibs were putting a bit of pressure on. Bringing on Beni was the right call 

kingantti1874
Just now, Thomaso said:

Correct. Lowry had fallen out the game and Hibs were putting a bit of pressure on. Bringing on Beni was the right call 

Agree he needed subbed, hibs weren’t really putting the pressure on though.  Beni was the wrong sub.

nothing wrong with making a mistake. It’s not the reason we drew the game

Just now, Thomaso said:

You can argue Grant was the right sub but it’s all very easy with hindsight. I don’t think Naismith got much wrong today and I’d blame the defence more than anything. The forced change when Kingsley went off was probably the biggest thing. 

Fozzyonthefence
24 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

It's unusual for me to still be pissed off at a draw hours after the final whistle but I am today..

Taking Lowry off an absolute brainfart decision.

Really hope we have an option in him come the end of his loan..

That was the best sub SN made.  Lowry’s race was run, he was absolutely ****ed by then. 

Malinga the Swinga

Watching highlights, it re-enforces that was a game we should have won but for 2 minutes of madness.

Could easily have been out of sight at half time and even after their second, we could easily have gone on and won the game.

Far better performance than we have seen recently and hopefully we kick on and eradicate mistakes.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That was the best sub SN made.  Lowry’s race was run, he was absolutely ****ed by then. 

Amazing how many folk are coming on and posting the same thing. Lowry was sensational.  But he had to come off.

Was Beni the right sub? Not for me but not the reason we dropped points 

We should've had a hatful of goals today. It'll click at some point this season and we'll sweep teams aside with ease imo. 

Only gripe is the radge mistakes the likes of Sibbick keep making, infuriating.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

We should've had a hatful of goals today. It'll click at some point this season and we'll sweep teams aside with ease imo. 

agreed. We play like we did for 65 we will comfortably finish third . Montgomery looked completely puzzled at how bad a beating they were actually taking.

still can’t quite belive we hibs’d it 

indianajones
4 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

agreed. We play like we did for 65 we will comfortably finish third . Montgomery looked completely puzzled at how bad a beating they were actually taking.

still can’t quite belive we hibs’d it 

It's not on. Make it click now and cut out the shite mistakes.

Why isn't it happening now? 

IMO Halliday should have been on - no brainer - totally baffling - also the Lowry sub was done for subbing sake (60 minutes - managers must sub someone(which I never understand)

But really, Halliday haters get a grip. Gets abuse and wasn't even playing. Gives 100% (like Forrest ((who was a bawbag two weeks ago remember)

And yes he is fit - I watch him train.

Is he a hun - yes - is he a w£££stain - dunno - was he playing - no - did Sibbick fek up twice - yes.

7 minutes ago, Berrassobad said:

IMO Halliday should have been on - no brainer - totally baffling - also the Lowry sub was done for subbing sake (60 minutes - managers must sub someone(which I never understand)

But really, Halliday haters get a grip. Gets abuse and wasn't even playing. Gives 100% (like Forrest ((who was a bawbag two weeks ago remember)

Is he a hun - yes - is he a w£££stain - dunno - was he playing - no - did Sibbick fek up twice - yes.

He’s ****ing shite and doesn’t give 100 percent all the time either. You’re lucky if he has one good game in ten and he’ll likely be away in January if anyone is daft enough to take him.

Easy to say we should have played him when the subs we did make didn’t work. Well done. 

Edited by GinRummy

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You can argue Grant was the right sub but it’s all very easy with hindsight. I don’t think Naismith got much wrong today and I’d blame the defence more than anything. The forced change when Kingsley went off was probably the biggest thing. 

Losing Kingsley certainly disrupted our defence significantly.

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Amazing how many folk are coming on and posting the same thing. Lowry was sensational.  But he had to come off.

Was Beni the right sub? Not for me but not the reason we dropped points 

Lowry was sensational in the first half then ran out of puff. Beni played well when he came on.

indianajones
3 minutes ago, Berrassobad said:

It's hard to argue with you. Gary Mackay made the same argument at full time.

Personally, I don't see AH as the solution. I do see him as an arsehole. A useful arsehole? Maybe. Today? Unsure. Individual errors is what it came down too. Would AH have made the difference? Hard to argue otherwise when being objective. 

8 minutes ago, Berrassobad said:

Boyle and Youhan would’ve wiped the floor with Halliday 🤣. He’s horrendous

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He’s ****ing shite and doesn’t give 100 percent all the time either. You’re lucky if he has one good game in ten and he’ll likely be away in January if anyone os daft enough to take him.

Easy to say we should have played him when the subs we did make didn’t work. Well done. 

I wasnt stating we should have played him when the subs didnt work - I was stating it was baffling - left back injured and left back available - more baffling as if he doesnt come on then - when does he ? Certainly not his fault.

Personally I thought a certain player made us a 10 man team again today (several weeks running) but appears to be undroppable as previously stated

As for "well done" - I take no pleasure in today - pm me directly if you wish

If he’d brought Halliday on at left back the centre of defence, which was playing well would haven’t have been disrupted . Thought it was crazy to shuffle the whole defence when it wasn’t necessary.

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Lowry was sensational in the first half then ran out of puff. Beni played well when he came on.

It’s not the personnel but the positions and the message that sent to both teams. Hearts take off their biggest offensive threat and the MOTM as things stood, and bring on a 3rd defensive midfielder. It tells everyone we’re changing what we’re doing. We’re looking to attack less and focus on defending our lead. Absolutely fine if it was in the 85th minute and Hibs were battering down the door. But they weren’t. As an attacking threat they were non-existent today until those changes. 

11 minutes ago, Berrassobad said:

I wasnt stating we should have played him when the subs didnt work - I was stating it was baffling - left back injured and left back available - more baffling as if he doesnt come on then - when does he ? Certainly not his fault.

Personally I thought a certain player made us a 10 man team again today (several weeks running) but appears to be undroppable as previously stated

As for "well done" - I take no pleasure in today - pm me directly if you wish

I don’t know why I would PM you but I will if you want. 

I’m sort of hoping Halliday never plays for us again and the fact the defensive change when Kingsley got injured didn’t work out doesn’t change my view on Halliday. How many times has he came on and made us worse? How many times has he played from the start and been amongst the worst two or three players on the park? Sibbick was terrible when moved to CH but it’s meant to be his preferred position. 

if your talking about Shankland then I agree, he was pish and should have been dropped . If you’re talking about someone else then I’ve got the wrong end of the stick and I’ve made an arse of myself 😀. Not the first time tbf. 

Edited by GinRummy

26 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Agreed. Thought Lowry was knackered. If he'd stayed on would we have kept a clean sheet? Nobody knows.

pennyjambo22

Late to this!  How do we take an injury to a left back bring on a poor right centre mid then shuffle the whole back line 🤔🤔🤔🤔

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t know why I would PM you but I will of you want. 

I’m sort of hoping Halliday never plays for us again and the fact the defensive change when Kingsley got injured didn’t work out doesn’t change my view on Halliday. How many times has he came on and made us worse? How many times has he played from the start and been amongst the worst two or three players on the park? Sibbick was terrible when moved to CH but it’s meant to be his preferred position. 

if your talking abou Shankland then I agree, he was pish and should have been dropped . If you’re talking about someone else then I’ve got the wrong end of the stick and I’ve made an arse of myself 😀. Not the first time tbf. 

The pm comment was to avoid the game thread becoming an AH thread. My post was regarding subs used and when - not what I think of AH.

F*k up the whole line or bring on a like for like. As I said baffling IMO.

And yes Shankland (who without being sarcastic was on the pitch) and being sarcastic was on the pitch so Im told. 

Just now, Berrassobad said:

The pm comment was to avoid the game thread becoming an AH thread. My post was regarding subs used and when - not what I think of AH.

F*k up the whole line or bring on a like for like. As I said baffling IMO.

And yes Shankland (who without being sarcastic was on the pitch) and being sarcastic was on the pitch so Im told. 

Got you now 👍

The thing is it didn’t **** up the whole line. Kent continued at CH, Rowles played well at LB and Offiah? A bit meh but no harms done. Why it ended up a mess was Sibbick moving to CB. I didn’t see that as an issue when I saw how he’d shuffled things about. It was an issue but it’s easy to say bring on Halliday after Sibbick’s errors were made. Not meaning you but it’s only a fortnight since big numbers of posters were demanding Rowles was dropped in favour of Sibbick. 

Opinions change quickly but Halliday isn’t the answer for me, either in the starting 11 or off the bench. 

On Shankland, without goals he’s not good enough to hold his place. Boyce is far better as far as overall play is concerned. Naismith obviously sticking by him in the hope he’ll find the back of the net and go on a run but unless someone fits into the Gino role it’s only a matter of time before he’s benched. 

55 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He got us a goal 2 mins before he came off so wouldnt say he had fallen out the game.

https://x.com/scotlandsky/status/1710739268229042388?s=46

Highlights if you can bear it. 

I can’t believe how many chances we missed today. Every time we went forward, we looked like scoring. So so frustrating two defensive lapses cost us the 3 points. Even after it went 2-2, we had decent chances. I thought Rowles shot was saved. Didn’t realise it had hit the bar 🤦🏻‍♂️

5 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

I can’t believe how many chances we missed today. Every time we went forward, we looked like scoring. So so frustrating two defensive lapses cost us the 3 points. Even after it went 2-2, we had decent chances. I thought Rowles shot was saved. Didn’t realise it had hit the bar 🤦🏻‍♂️

Hibs fans chucking plastic bottles on to the pitch after our first goal. 

And yet we give them the full stand 

Go for it 1308

I'm just back from work and opened a 🍺.  Listened to it on the radio at work...I'm absolutely gutted.  

Can anyone advise me to watch it ...or will it make me feel worse? 

heartsfc_fan
11 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

God Sibbicks fluff for the second...

indianajones
1 minute ago, Go for it 1308 said:

I'm just back from work and opened a 🍺.  Listened to it on the radio at work...I'm absolutely gutted.  

I was there and just watched the highlights. I'd advise no unless you want to see a sibbick assist and become raging. 

Shocking. 

ColinSmith1255
8 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nope.

If you feel it's too dangerous,  don't drive.

Stuck in flooding on the M9 for 90 minutes. I got into the ground just after our first goal.

Home in time to watch the rugby ☹️

kingantti1874
27 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

still no idea what Sibbick was thinking.  Just put it out? No I think I’ll try and control it with my heel and tee it up

Jambojamie91

Also don’t bee started on the Offiah sub. That was a sub for Halliday all day, but let’s move our whole back four across. 

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Got you now 👍

The thing is it didn’t **** up the whole line. Kent continued at CH, Rowles played well at LB and Offiah? A bit meh but no harms done. Why it ended up a mess was Sibbick moving to CB. I didn’t see that as an issue when I saw how he’d shuffled things about. It was an issue but it’s easy to say bring on Halliday after Sibbick’s errors were made. Not meaning you but it’s only a fortnight since big numbers of posters were demanding Rowles was dropped in favour of Sibbick. 

Opinions change quickly but Halliday isn’t the answer for me, either in the starting 11 or off the bench. 

On Shankland, without goals he’s not good enough to hold his place. Boyce is far better as far as overall play is concerned. Naismith obviously sticking by him in the hope he’ll find the back of the net and go on a run but unless someone fits into the Gino role it’s only a matter of time before he’s benched. 

Never change your preferred CB pair - its rule no. 1 in the manager f&k up book - regardless of when

I feel your pain - the Mrs is putting on strictly again - off to see to Stella in my shed - may be quite some time

kingantti1874
19 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

mate, we were the better team by miles so crack on.  Just  prep to be very irritated 

3 minutes ago, Jambojamie91 said:

Also don’t bee started on the Offiah sub. That was a sub for Halliday all day, but let’s move our whole back four across. 

I can’t really argue with that as Sibbick at CB was what cost us. I’d rather have played a right back, say Offiah at left back than play Halliday though. 

Enjoy the Stella, I had several before the game today and being sensible and on the coffee. 

Edited by GinRummy

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

still no idea what Sibbick was thinking.  Just put it out? No I think I’ll try and control it with my heel and tee it up

Absolutely mad. I sit in G and my immediate thought was put it out, regroup and go again. Under no circumstances do you put it back into the danger zone. Particularly seconds after conceding. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Jambojamie91 said:

presumably you agree he got it seriously right when many questioned the starting lineup. 

presumably you agree he got subs spot on last few weeks against Killie and RC

whilst your at it. Name me a hearts manager who’s never made a shit sub or 300 

Jambojamie91
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I can’t really argue with that as Sibbick at CB was what cost us. I’d rather have played a right back, say Offiah at left back than play Halliday though. 

Enjoy the Stella, I had several before the game today and being sensible and on the coffee. 

Aye cause Offiah is class, he’s absolutely honking and never a hearts player in his life. Can’t even take a throw in. Everything that is wrong with our recruitment square peg in a round hole. Instead of going like for like, we changed our whole back 4 to accommodate the worst footballer at our club

kingantti1874
Just now, MattyK82 said:

Absolutely mad. I sit in G and my immediate thought was put it out, regroup and go again. Under no circumstances do you put it back into the danger zone. Particularly seconds after conceding. 

****ing nuts mate. Zero idea what goes through his head sometimes.  Nothing even to do with playing center back just absolute stupidity.

im afraid Toby has to move on.  Keeps doing this stuff

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Nonsense. The right call was to bring Boyce on for Lowry

Jambojamie91
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

presumably you agree he got it seriously right when many questioned the starting lineup. 

presumably you agree he got subs spot on last few weeks against Killie and RC

whilst your at it. Name me a hearts manager who’s never made a shit sub or 300 

To me he had to make the subs as he started so defensively, so had no choice. Naismith isn’t a hearts manager he’s got no experience and is relying on Forrest who was part of neilson failed tenure. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

****ing nuts mate. Zero idea what goes through his head sometimes.  Nothing even to do with playing center back just absolute stupidity.

im afraid Toby has to move on.  Keeps doing this stuff

I honestly thought at RB he was doing fine. Kept Boyle pretty quiet. Looked very uncomfortable at CB though 😳

kingantti1874
Just now, Jambojamie91 said:

Aye cause Offiah is class, he’s absolutely honking and never a hearts player in his life. Can’t even take a throw in. Everything that is wrong with our recruitment square peg in a round hole. Instead of going like for like, we changed our whole back 4 to accommodate the worst footballer at our club

we are scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of fit players.  Whilst I agree offiah hasn’t impressed but  that tends to be the case when you are into 5th/6th choices.

5 minutes ago, Jambojamie91 said:

He’s not been great. He might get better. Halliday’s too slow to deal with  any of the Hibs attackers and won’t get better. I didn’t want him brought on. 

Edited by GinRummy

2 hours ago, jambostuart said:

This is it. More points. In isolation today wasn't a total disaster. We played very well and were all over Hibs at times. They did get lucky from some awful defending. 

But results don't lie and we have had the best run of fixtures we could have asked for and produced nothing from it. On this basis I would get rid now and bring in an experienced manager

Bollocks. In isolation it's utter crap and in content of our upcoming fixtures its a fecking nightmare.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Jambojamie91 said:

To me he had to make the subs as he started so defensively, so had no choice. Naismith isn’t a hearts manager he’s got no experience and is relying on Forrest who was part of neilson failed tenure. 

This word experience is now banded about like it’s critical.  We’ve had loads of experienced managers and they’ve all made daft subs as well and most of them have been shite.

I remeber being 1 up at Easter road and leaving after their 6th and that experienced manager is lauded as a hero.  

Alex Macdonald’s is our best ever and he was an inexperienced player manager and also made plenty of mistakes.

i presume you avoided my first question becuase naisy, absolutely got starting line up spot on today

Edited by kingantti1874