***Heart Of Midlothian Vs H1b5*** Official Match Thread

Masonic

pettigrewsstylist
7 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

One guy to blame for that and it's not a player. We can single out players individual errors all we like but Naisy sold the jerseys today. Absolutely cruising until Beni came on for Lowry. Wtaf was that substitution all about? Grant for Lowry surely? Or possibly Boyce. 

If Beni doesn't sign a new contract, just why are we trying to get him back to fitness? Just to benefit some other team? If he commits to us then fine, get him fit in games that mean **** all. We are losing points giving him game time. It's not a dig at him, he shouldn't be put in this position. We lost all momentum with this negative substitution. Gutted is an understatement. 

Suspect we aint seeing him for a while again after that shitshow.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• GinRummy

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kingantti1874
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

0E47951A-1413-44BD-BBB0-66FB99EFC89A.jpeg

just ridiculous. Does Nick Montgomery have no clue on account of the fact that we completely totally and utterly bossed them.  And he didn’t have the faintest idea what to do until he won the ****ing lottery 🤣

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Listen I think naisy made a couple of mistakes, should have had Boyce on for Lowry maintain impetus, and offiah should have gone central instead of switching with sibbick.

but the first 65 we played how we all want to play surely.  As dominant a derby as I’ve seen

criticise by all means but recognise the good stuff as well.  

How many games have we dominated and played anywhere near where we want to be, aside from the 65mins today?  I would say one, Aberdeen at home. The result today, in that context, is really poor. 11 points in 8 games from the easiest run we could have had.

How many league wins since Naisy came in? 5 in 15? With old firm coming up. I admire your optimism by the way.

5 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Yes Halliday is a LB not sure you follow Hearts if you don’t know that and Sibbick started at RB and was moved to CB.

Probably have lost if that huddy came on. Would you have brought him on?

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Probably have lost if that huddy came on. Would you have brought him on?

Aye I’d Halliday is the answer you’re asking the wrong question. Easy to ask for that hun wanks inclusion after the event. 

Ricardo Quaresma
20 minutes ago, DS98 said:

No sure what you’re not getting. It was abysmal defending but the changes gave Hibs the impetus for the first time in the game. We took off our most influential player who they were terrified of and put on a 3rd DM which done absolutely nothing apart from give Hibs the ball. 

Doesn't excuse poor defending, though, does it?

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You think we should have brought on Halliday?

Yes and leave the rest of the players in there positions and the game was won.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

How many games have we dominated and played anywhere near where we want to be, aside from the 65mins today?  I would say one, Aberdeen at home. The result today, in that context, is really poor. 11 points in 8 games from the easiest run we could have had.

How many league wins since Naisy came in? 5 in 15? With old firm coming up. I admire your optimism by the way.

but form has turned around big time since McEvoy moved out of the way hasn’t it. I mean we’ve literally won the same amount of away games as we did in the whole of last season.

personally I think a lot of our fans have completely lost their minds and lack the ability to view a match in context, quite a lot are so hell bent on being right they will only highlight negatives, Lack the ability to think for themselves and repeat pish they read on social media .

good performance today, correct shape correct desire correct intensity subs .

move on.  

I suspect he will never get the chance here bizarrely 

shoukd be really careful what we wish for 

2 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Yes and leave the rest of the players in there positions and the game was won.

Halliday has played about twenty minutes of football all season. Folk saying Beni isn’t ready, why would Halliday possibly be ready. He’s fairly shite most of the time and should’ve left in the summer. 

Easy to say he should have come on after the players made an arse of it. 

3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Absolutely not. It was awful. Schoolboy.

But you can’t get away from the fact they never even looked like scoring until the change in shape. Don’t think they even had a shot on target. The pattern of the game was the same the entire game. We had possession in good areas and we’re picking up great positions. Might not have been creating chance after chance but we were so comfortable. I don’t think Hibs would have that kind of pressure or that many men forward if we stayed the same. Hibs never changed so why did we??

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Halliday has played about twenty minutes of football all season. Folk saying Beni isn’t ready, why would Halliday possibly be ready. He’s fairly shite most of the time and should’ve left in the summer. 

If you think the changes of positions and substitutions did not influence the game after Kingsley was injured.

I think our conversation over.

kingantti1874
Just now, bawheed said:

If you think the changes of positions and substitutions did not influence the game after Kingsley was injured.

they did.  Mainly the wrong one was influenced by Kingsley injury.

by definition if he got it wrong with the subs he must have got it right to start with yes? 

Just now, bawheed said:

You can’t legislate for the gift we gave Hibs for the second goal. Sibbick is supposed to be a central defender but regardless of where he plays in the back lone the next howler is never far away. 

Halliday is an absolute ****ing donkey. He shouldn’t play for us again. 

Pasquale for King

I actually thought they came into the game after we scored and our second was slightly against the run of play. He definitely got the subs wrong and we should’ve went for the jugular, they’re terrible at the back and our pressing was amateurish the whole game. Three derbies without a win against a poor team is unacceptable.

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Absolutely not. It was awful. Schoolboy.

But you can’t get away from the fact they never even looked like scoring until the change in shape. Don’t think they even had a shot on target. The pattern of the game was the same the entire game. We had possession in good areas and we’re picking up great positions. Might not have been creating chance after chance but we were so comfortable. I don’t think Hibs would have that kind of pressure or that many men forward if we stayed the same. Hibs never changed so why did we??

Maybe, mate

They never had a shot on target for a while, no

But we need defenders now and free agents are all we can get

Started a new thread on it 👍

13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

but form has turned around big time since McEvoy moved out of the way hasn’t it. I mean we’ve literally won the same amount of away games as we did in the whole of last season.

personally I think a lot of our fans have completely lost their minds and lack the ability to view a match in context, quite a lot are so hell bent on being right they will only highlight negatives, Lack the ability to think for themselves and repeat pish they read on social media .

move on.  

👍 fair enough. I am worried about the run of games, but also hope for the best as always.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

👍 fair enough. I am worried about the run of games, but also hope for the best as always.

me too. 

15 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Maybe, mate

They never had a shot on target for a while, no

But we need defenders now and free agents are all we can get

Started a new thread on it 👍

Just what’s required 

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

0E47951A-1413-44BD-BBB0-66FB99EFC89A.jpeg

Ffs.

Poor.

His 2 big decisions were strange but Sibbick also takes a bit blame.

We played really well in general,  hibs got lucky.

best in the land
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

You took that too far, he’s still our manager 

Unfortunately.

Hopefully not for long but with our spineless boardroom probably waiting till it's too late.

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

they did.  Mainly the wrong one was influenced by Kingsley injury.

by definition if he got it wrong with the subs he must have got it right to start with yes? 

Fair.

Hearts head coach Steven Naismith: "It's disappointing. We're frustrated and annoyed because we get ourselves in a good position. One-and-a-half minutes has cost us, that's ultimately it. Our defending and decision-making was poor.

"We've given two goals to the opposition when they haven't really had to work for it. It's poor game management. When it's on a knife's edge, you need a cool head. Couple of moments today we've slipped up on that."

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

move on.  

Fair and agreed.

2 minutes ago, feej said:

Hearts head coach Steven Naismith: "It's disappointing. We're frustrated and annoyed because we get ourselves in a good position. One-and-a-half minutes has cost us, that's ultimately it. Our defending and decision-making was poor.

"We've given two goals to the opposition when they haven't really had to work for it. It's poor game management. When it's on a knife's edge, you need a cool head. Couple of moments today we've slipped up on that."

I’ve got a wee bit sympathy for him but at the end of the day it’s more points down the toilet. 

We’ve now got the old firm twice after the break. 

h1b5 had 1 shot on goal till the 67th minute. We were bossing the game. Then a deflection lands at Youans feet 12 yards out. Then we fail to deal with a low cross into the box. 

Naismiths fault though. 

On another day the deflection falls to us and then Sibbick launches the low cross into section N.

When the dust settles it’ll be remembered as a cracking game, aye it’s a sair yin, but was like a basketball game at the end.

Thrilled that SKY missed the lot.

Onto the next one.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’ve got a wee bit sympathy for him but at the end of the day it’s more points down the toilet. 

This is it. More points. In isolation today wasn't a total disaster. We played very well and were all over Hibs at times. They did get lucky from some awful defending. 

But results don't lie and we have had the best run of fixtures we could have asked for and produced nothing from it. On this basis I would get rid now and bring in an experienced manager

Just now, GinRummy said:

We should have had 3 points today, no question about it - he's now looking at possibly 2 defeats against the uglies, worryingly our defending was abysmal today against a shit team. 

The knives will be out big time if we don't turn up in the next couple of games.

The summer was the time to clear out and replace these guys that can't be trusted and we didn't as the summer was a shambles.

luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, feej said:

My decision making 🙄

54 minutes ago, OTT said:

Dropped for who? 

Boyce? :D 

The same Boyce who couldn't score in a ****ing brothel? 

Shanks is still holding the play up very well. I think we could have maybe done with Grant instead of Lowry for the experience and composure he would have brought. 

Lowry was tee'd up for a couple of very similar chances like the goal Grant scored against Killie. I think his composure let him down, and I'd question if Grant might have done better in those circumstances. 

We should have had Kirk and Wilson in the squad, until the injured forwards are back. We are to reliant on Shankland and he knows it. He should be playing in the centre forward  position  not wandering all over the park. He is supposed to be a centre forward. A few crosses in to day and no centre forward to meet them. Would rather see a youngster making an effort, than Shankland strolling about the park. Yes he scored goals last year and l like him,but he needs dropped to get his head right. Was he denied a move away in the summer,or is this the real Shankland we are seeing and last year was a fluke. I sincerely hope he finds form soon. 

51 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hunday would've been just as unfit and would've gone into hiding again or given the ball away too.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
57 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

If our “improved” defence (against the worst teams in the league) was down to Naismith then today is down to him as well - can’t have it both ways.

Anyway it’s beyond hypothesising - we are utterly pony under him and his win % is beyond pathetic.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

17 minutes ago, Gow Maroon said:

We should have had Kirk and Wilson in the squad, until the injured forwards are back. We are to reliant on Shankland and he knows it. He should be playing in the centre forward  position  not wandering all over the park. He is supposed to be a centre forward. A few crosses in to day and no centre forward to meet them. Would rather see a youngster making an effort, than Shankland strolling about the park. Yes he scored goals last year and l like him,but he needs dropped to get his head right. Was he denied a move away in the summer,or is this the real Shankland we are seeing and last year was a fluke. I sincerely hope he finds form soon. 

Shankland has been poor for weeks now. No doubting his quality but he’s only playing week in week out based on last season. A crazy thing to say but if we had signed him this summer he’d already be dropped. 

Clearly feels  under pressure, we’d be doing him a favour letting him come off the bench for a while. 

Edited by GinRummy

Too angry to post sense but I apologise to the guy who sits behind me who compared the subs at 2-0 to Neilson v Hibs in the cup. It looked 3 or 4 nil to us but we ****ed it up.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

So deflated by that 

Ditto, I had a good laugh at the hobos celebrating like they had won the champions league .:lol:

3 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Ditto, I had a good laugh at the hobos celebrating like they had won the champions league .:lol:

We'd of done the exact same in the situation at Easter Road mate. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Listen I think naisy made a couple of mistakes, should have had Boyce on for Lowry maintain impetus, and offiah should have gone central instead of switching with sibbick.

but the first 65 we played how we all want to play surely.  As dominant a derby as I’ve seen

criticise by all means but recognise the good stuff as well.  

No credit from me when his incompetence undid all the good work in a couple of minutes. Opportunity lost and 2 crucial points thrown away.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

just ridiculous. Does Nick Montgomery have no clue on account of the fact that we completely totally and utterly bossed them.  And he didn’t have the faintest idea what to do until he won the ****ing lottery 🤣

Aye we bossed them 2-2. Go us!

Just now, EH11 2NL said:

We'd of done the exact same in the situation at Easter Road mate. 

Nah, we would have slinked off thinking we got away with one. Today we blew 2 points and Naismith knows it, Toby even knew it at the full time whistle.

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Suspect we aint seeing him for a while again after that shitshow.

It wasn't as if he didn't have options. Grant a like for like sub who has been playing well! Boyce, who plays the 10 role! Denholm, young fit and hungry. Hell he could have dropped Shanks into the 10 role and brought on Tagawa!! That would have sent the right message, we have 2 goals, we want more. Psychologically, the team looked to contain as soon as the sub was made. Hibs got a lift. It compounds the decision when it was Beni's aweful clearance that led to the 1st goal. 

Can we not try Vargas through the middle, with Shanks off him? Seriously lack a bit of pace in that area, Gino would have stretched them more today. 

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Naismith is getting there,  we are a work I progress atm. So much better than Hibs bar some horrendous defending yet again.

Agreed.

Many bits to work on, but it will come good. I would not have said this before Naismith appointed. Really on a  slide at that point.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I actually thought they came into the game after we scored and our second was slightly against the run of play. He definitely got the subs wrong and we should’ve went for the jugular, they’re terrible at the back and our pressing was amateurish the whole game. Three derbies without a win against a poor team is unacceptable.

Agree about the pressing!! They had all day to come out with the ball at the back 

shankland couldn’t be arsed chasing the pass backs down.

they’re dugshit at the back yet we let them stroll about with it!!!

It's unusual for me to still be pissed off at a draw hours after the final whistle but I am today..

Taking Lowry off an absolute brainfart decision.

Really hope we have an option in him come the end of his loan..

Ricardo Quaresma
45 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If our “improved” defence (against the worst teams in the league) was down to Naismith then today is down to him as well - can’t have it both ways.

Anyway it’s beyond hypothesising - we are utterly pony under him and his win % is beyond pathetic.

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

5 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

It's unusual for me to still be pissed off at a draw hours after the final whistle but I am today..

Taking Lowry off an absolute brainfart decision.

Really hope we have an option in him come the end of his loan..

Have you seen the nick of Rangers, they’ll be collecting him on the 1st January!!