We're going to Hampden! - Semi final : Hearts v Rangers - tickets on sale

tartofmidlothian

7 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Winning it? 

Like I said, not much further is it? One goal would have been enough.

* not getting into a big discussion about how shite we were on the day.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• Luckies1874

• PapaShango

• Wee Mikey

2 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Like I said, not much further is it? One goal would have been enough.

* not getting into a big discussion about how shite we were on the day.

Pointless getting to a final unless you win it. 

11 hours ago, Sir PH said:

After Rangers, I would say Killie was the hardest away fixture. Especially on that pitch and with them having knocked out Celtic. 

At the time of the draw, this is the correct answer.  As far as semi finals, Rangers is the hardest.

I'm remaining optimistic, was at Rugby Park, so I'll continue to believe in this run.

25 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

That's some rant 😄 

You originally just said that he had taken us as far as he could after Rangers  and I pointed out that he got us to a cup final, not much further we could have gone.

He wasn't sacked for taking us as far as he could, it was because we were regressing.

It's like 1 paragraph, it's not a rant at all.

As the other guy said, try and win it ffs, summed him up. 0 shots on target in a cup final plus extra time is ridiculous and embarrassing. I didn't say he was sacked for taking us as far as he could, just that the final proved to me he wasn't the man to take us forward.

1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

It's like 1 paragraph, it's not a rant at all.

As the other guy said, try and win it ffs, summed him up. 0 shots on target in a cup final plus extra time is ridiculous and embarrassing. I didn't say he was sacked for taking us as far as he could, just that the final proved to me he wasn't the man to take us forward.

And as I said to the other guy, I'm not getting into a big discussion about how shite we were on the day. 

19 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Pointless getting to a final unless you win it. 

But you can’t win it unless you’re in the final. Bets to actually get there and see what happens. 

10 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

It's really not.

And it's that loser's mentality that has been rife at Hearts for years. Getting to a cup final means nothing, unless you win it. 

1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

And it's that loser's mentality that has been rife at Hearts for years. Getting to a cup final means nothing, unless you win it. 

Aye you're right, much better to get knocked out in the early rounds than getting to a final. Who cares about the extra revenue it provides? Who cares that players we might want to sign see that we get to showpiece finals and the exposure it brings?  Who cares that the fans get a great day out and kids lap it up? 

Losers mentality isn't the problem with most of our support it's that there is a completely unwarranted sense of entitlement.

Getting to a cup final means nothing unless you win it right enough. 😄

1 minute ago, cazzyy said:

Aye you're right, much better to get knocked out in the early rounds than getting to a final. Who cares about the extra revenue it provides? Who cares that players we might want to sign see that we get to showpiece finals and the exposure it brings?  Who cares that the fans get a great day out and kids lap it up? 

Losers mentality isn't the problem with most of our support it's that there is a completely unwarranted sense of entitlement.

Getting to a cup final means nothing unless you win it right enough. 😄

I'm not talking about extra revenue, although it's nice that you have your Budge hat on when thinking about the benefits of reaching a cup final. 

I'd rather have the trophy and the memories. 2nd place is for losers. 

4 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

I'm not talking about extra revenue, although it's nice that you have your Budge hat on when thinking about the benefits of reaching a cup final. 

I'd rather have the trophy and the memories. 2nd place is for losers. 

Well we'd all rather have the trophy, you're surely not using that as part of your argument?

The money is important by the way, nothing wrong with appreciating that fact. It's one of the reasons why getting to a final is not pointless if you don't win which is your claim.

Finally, if you don't get to a final you've got absolutely no chance of winning the trophy.

The way I see it is we got into the habit of winning cup finals after 1998.

We’ve now lost our last four. Although we played the OF in three of those. 

We haven’t won a trophy for 11 years and I really don’t want that barren spell to go on much longer so may as well go for it. 

10 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Well we'd all rather have the trophy, you're surely not using that as part of your argument?

The money is important by the way, nothing wrong with appreciating that fact. It's one of the reasons why getting to a final is not pointless if you don't win which is your claim.

Finally, if you don't get to a final you've got absolutely no chance of winning the trophy.

I'd rather not get there than lose another one. We've lost four in a row and I have no happy memories of being a loser. 

5 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

I'd rather not get there than lose another one. We've lost four in a row and I have no happy memories of being a loser. 

We all want to win cups but you'd rather lose in the early rounds than finishing second and yet it's me who has the loser's mentality? 😄

We all want to win cups but you'd rather lose in the early rounds than finishing second and yet it's me who has the loser's mentality? 😄

Lose in the first round or lose in the final. Either way, you're a loser.

1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

:facepalm: 

Waste of time discussing this further mate, neither of us is changing our mind. 👍

Better hope that we get pumped at the first hurdle next time we're in Europe because we sure as hell don't want to get to the final only to get beat. 😄

Aye, because that's the exact same level of opponent as a domestic cup.🙄

9 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Aye, because that's the exact same level of opponent as a domestic cup.🙄

Same principle.

Every chance we'll get beat from Rangers so presumably you'll be wishing we had lost to Kilmarnock?

That's a crazy stance to take.

16 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Hahaha listen to yourself 😂 Sitting thinking you’re Roy Keane.

I’d rather have the additional funds that come with a cup run and the confidence you gain from getting to a final, than getting papped out early doors.

“Enjoy your night mate” 🤣

Ricardo Quaresma
35 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Can't agree on that mate, beating rangers to reach a final when we're trying to claw back lost dough from last season's F-up is a double boost and would get a lot of understandably cynical folk off the player's and Naismith's backs

Plus I am sure we'll win it if we get there

Last year I might have agreed because of injuries and this year injuries are bad too, but I reckon this is the Final before the Final

Also we have no European games on top, so the squad is less strained

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Fozzyonthefence
5 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Hearts record against Kilmarnock, home and away, is pretty dire. As for how relevant Killie beating Celtic was, do you not think their tails were up after putting out the winners and the club who have hoovered up 99% of the trophies in Scotland recently? As well as being the league champions? 

Yes, and then back down again after losing at home more recently to Ross County and drawing with Hibs.

Put it this way, had we drawn Aberdeen away I doubt we would have a semi final to look forward to.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I presume its a 50/50 split for tickets in the league Cup?? If so, should get 22,000 tickets or so, meaning anyone wanting a ticket will get one, with unfortunately a few thousand left over.

We won’t get anything like a 50/50 split for this nor will the club ask for it.  And the SPFL would rather sell the tickets to Rangers fans than have over 10,000 empty seats. 

5 hours ago, cazzyy said:

And as I said to the other guy, I'm not getting into a big discussion about how shite we were on the day. 

Sound 👍🏻

7 hours ago, cazzyy said:

Same principle.

Every chance we'll get beat from Rangers so presumably you'll be wishing we had lost to Kilmarnock?

That's a crazy stance to take.

Why would I be hoping we lost to Kilmarnock when we have beaten Rangers many times in the past and knocked them out of a cup three years ago? Not to mention their horrific cup record in recent years. There was also no guarantee we would even get Rangers. 

6 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yes, and then back down again after losing at home more recently to Ross County and drawing with Hibs.

Put it this way, had we drawn Aberdeen away I doubt we would have a semi final to look forward to.

Very few on here gave us a chance at Killie. They were confident of knocking us out due to it being at home and the fact they had beaten Celtic. Derek McInnes said as much after the game. Their league results had nothing to do with it. 

7 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Hahaha listen to yourself 😂 Sitting thinking you’re Roy Keane.

I’d rather have the additional funds that come with a cup run and the confidence you gain from getting to a final, than getting papped out early doors.

“Enjoy your night mate” 🤣

Apologies for wanting to win things and not be a perennial loser. 

1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

Apologies for wanting to win things and not be a perennial loser. 

Not sure you’re listening to people. We all want to win a cup final but surely you can see the merits in getting to that final stage over not getting there ? If not that is probably the stupidest thing I’ve seen on here and that is some feat. 👏

1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

Why would I be hoping we lost to Kilmarnock when we have beaten Rangers many times in the past and knocked them out of a cup three years ago? Not to mention their horrific cup record in recent years. There was also no guarantee we would even get Rangers. 

But if Rangers beat us you'll revert to your stance that you would rather we had lost to Kilmarnock, or does that only apply if we lose finals?

6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Not sure you’re listening to people. We all want to win a cup final but surely you can see the merits in getting to that final stage over not getting there ? If not that is probably the stupidest thing I’ve seen on here and that is some feat. 👏

Not sure what part you're not grasping, so I'll try again. I have zero interest in reaching a final just to get beat and give it the old "we're just delighted to be there" nonsense. That's for the likes of Falkirk and Livingston. 

3 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

But if Rangers beat us you'll revert to your stance that you would rather we had lost to Kilmarnock, or does that only apply if we lose finals?

No, I won't, because it's a semi. But if we were to get beat in the final by Hibs or Aberdeen then yes, I'd see the Killie win as pointless. 

Just now, Sir PH said:

Not sure what part you're not grasping, so I'll try again. I have zero interest in reaching a final just to get beat and give it the old "we're just delighted to be there" nonsense. That's for the likes of Falkirk and Livingston. 

You haven’t invented the lightbulb buddy. I’ve got news for you, no one wants to lose a cup final. 👍

Just now, Dazo said:

You haven’t invented the lightbulb buddy. I’ve got news for you, no one wants to lose a cup final. 👍

Well don't be happy just to reach a final. It means sod all unless you win it.👍

Just now, Sir PH said:

Well don't be happy just to reach a final. It means sod all unless you win it.👍

See you’re confusing 2 different things. No hearts fan walks away from a losing cup final thinking at least we got there and no one is happy about it. However on reflection you can see the merit in getting to a cup final, it is an achievement in itself. What happens after that achievement is something different, it is a separate occasion to be judged on its own. 👍

Just now, Dazo said:

See you’re confusing 2 different things. No hearts fan walks away from a losing cup final thinking at least we got there and no one is happy about it. However on reflection you can see the merit in getting to a cup final, it is an achievement in itself. What happens after that achievement is something different, it is a separate occasion to be judged on its own. 👍

That's where our attitude and that of the Old Firm differ. We see reaching a final as an achievement, they see it as nothing to celebrate unless they win the trophy. 

9 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

No, I won't, because it's a semi. But if we were to get beat in the final by Hibs or Aberdeen then yes, I'd see the Killie win as pointless. 

But not the Rangers one?

Sorry mate but apart from anything else that the club benefits from reaching a final, cracking days out following the team are what following Hearts is all about, did you see how the supporters partied on Tuesday? Can you imagine the scenes if we beat Rangers? All for nothing if we lose the final in your book, not for me I'm afraid.

It doesn't make you a better supporter either if that's your angle.

15 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

That video's so bad, it should be removed from the internet; enough to make people ill :lol:

Try this one:

Thanks RQ, 👍

Just now, Sir PH said:

That's where our attitude and that of the Old Firm differ. We see reaching a final as an achievement, they see it as nothing to celebrate unless they win the trophy. 

Their performance, size and budgets dictate that though. Whether we like it or not spending 10 of millions more than us raises the expectation. If we were spending the same then yes getting to cup finals simply isn’t enough. Our history shows we don’t get to enough cup finals to simply scoff at them imo. 

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Their performance, size and budgets dictate that though. Whether we like it or not spending 10 of millions more than us raises the expectation. If we were spending the same then yes getting to cup finals simply isn’t enough. Our history shows we don’t get to enough cup finals to simply scoff at them imo. 

We have massively under achieved in one off cup games throughout the years. Mentality plays a very big part in that. 

3 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

But not the Rangers one?

Sorry mate but apart from anything else that the club benefits from reaching a final, cracking days out following the team are what following Hearts is all about, did you see how the supporters partied on Tuesday? Can you imagine the scenes if we beat Rangers? All for nothing if we lose the final in your book, not for me I'm afraid.

It doesn't make you a better supporter either if that's your angle.

Not trying or claiming to be a better supporter, far from it. 

2 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

We have massively under achieved in one off cup games throughout the years. Mentality plays a very big part in that. 

You don’t see the merit in getting to a cup final as a stand alone thing. Looks like we are going round in circles so just going to have to leave it there.

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You don’t see the merit in getting to a cup final as a stand alone thing. Looks like we are going round in circles so just going to have to leave it there.

👍

15 minutes ago, Dazo said:

There was huge merit in getting to the 2022 final as beating Hibs guaranteed us Europe group stage football.  If they had beat us and won the final we would have been pushed out to play offs.  I was hugely relieved we won that semi.  Big big win.

7 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

There was huge merit in getting to the 2022 final as beating Hibs guaranteed us Europe group stage football.  If they had beat us and won the final we would have been pushed out to play offs.  I was hugely relieved we won that semi.  Big big win.

In the context of the LC, all that is oot the window of course. 
In saying that, any semi/final is a day out for fans. Win, great. Lose, it’s a day out !

Simple pleasures ! 
🍺

AlphonseCapone
9 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We won’t get anything like a 50/50 split for this nor will the club ask for it.  And the SPFL would rather sell the tickets to Rangers fans than have over 10,000 empty seats. 

Why won't we sell 20k tickets? We've got a 70 million waiting list and Tynecastle isn't big enough apparently but we won't sell 20k for a Semi-Final?

So much negative pish...we have a semi final to look forward too yet people still find stuff to moan about...as you all know. We have struggled to win any trophies since 1962....3 since then....tones of failures and disappointments.....however. we have a good chance to win the league Cup if we get everything right on the pitch...rangers are nit at their best but still way ahead of us...its a mental game. Playing them twice in a week in Glasgow....we need to go out and express ourselves and get into them showing zero respect....The season has only just started.....Time to go on a winning run now...gup them all.

• davemclaren changed the title to We're going to Hampden! - Semi final : Hearts v Rangers - tickets on sale