Russell Brand

Dennis Reynolds

Malinga the Swinga
27 minutes ago, Ked said:

Believe me I don't want to post .

But the ignorance from people like you.

Should've went to the police should've complained to his bosses.

So aye I should be quiet just like the lassies he raped,abused treated like shite.

Have you no female relations ?

Do you not think reptiles like that rat have gotten away with it for far too long.

Maybe not talk about Saville or ponce Andrew as none went to court.

You can ram telling me to pipe down fekin dafty

You'll burst a blood vessel if you get that worked up about something you know nothing about. 

I didn't mention going to police, bosses or anything else. I'm saying let's see what transpires and then take stock.

You on other hand must believe every person accused of something in media is guilty, especially if he's a nonce.

Who decides by the way if someone falls into that category? Presumably you are on the 'nonce identification' panel which is solely responsible for identifying wrong uns.

There's an old saying 'better 10 guilty men go free than 1 innocent man suffers'. It may be unpalatable to you but I reckon that saying still holds true today.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

• Ray Gin

• Unknown user

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 hours ago, cazzyy said:

I don't want to be seen as a Brand apologist because I'm not but none of those articles say that he was suspected of raping the woman, in fact one of the articles points out that the Daily Star had to pay him substantial damages for even suggesting it.

I said it was reported in 2006, that he was suspected of rape. As you confirmed, the link to the daily Star report said just that (and that they got sued).

Never liked him much but it seems as if the media have tried him and found him guilty already. Have they learned nothing?

His conspiracy froth is just that.  There are clearly questions to be asked but if justice is to be served then it has to be done in court and not on the front pages of shitty rags like the Mail, Sun etc.

I don't like Salmond - he is by his own admission, a creep - but a jury of women found him not guilty/ proven on the evidence presented. Kevin Spacey 'looked guilty' too and walked free. Thre have been others over the years. Let's ignore the media frenzy and let police, courts and jurors decide.

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Never liked him much but it seems as if the media have tried him and found him guilty already. Have they learned nothing?

His conspiracy froth is just that.  There are clearly questions to be asked but if justice is to be served then it has to be done in court and not on the front pages of shitty rags like the Mail, Sun etc.

I don't like Salmond - he is by his own admission, a creep - but a jury of women found him not guilty/ proven on the evidence presented. Kevin Spacey 'looked guilty' too and walked free. Thre have been others over the years. Let's ignore the media frenzy and let police, courts and jurors decide.

Any sensible person would agree. I therefore predict loads will argue you are wrong, that juries are wrong, verdicts are wrong and their opinion, based on sketchy media reports is in fact the sole arbitrar of fact.

39 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

There is a pattern of behaviour

You can look at it, at what he admits , what he has done , what people have seen and heard.

What othe comedians saw and said.

there is enough for me to satisfy myself

That's fine. So take it to court.

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

20 years later. Interesting timing.

He's someone that speaks a lot of truths others are too scared to talk about. 

#Metoo was around the time when he disappeared from mainstream tv, reinvented himself as an alt right conspiracy peddler and started telling everyone not to trust the media.

Don't you find that suspicious timing?

That thing you do
44 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

And how do you suggest we do "more".

I'm all in favour of throwing the book at the guilty but how do you find the evidence?

Look for it. Develop better techniques to find evidence.

What you dont do is use the media in replacement of a legal process.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

#Metoo was around the time when he disappeared from mainstream tv, reinvented himself as an alt right conspiracy peddler and started telling everyone not to trust the media.

:conspiracy:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I love the way folk on here are talking as if he’ll got to prison on the basis of Twitter’s opinion :rofl:

People are entitled to draw their own view on whether a particular person is a *****, based on evidence. Same with Mason Greenwood. I’d be happy to see him get run over by a bus tomorrow.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I love the way folk on here are talking as if he’ll got to prison on the basis of Twitter’s opinion :rofl:

People are entitled to draw their own view on whether a particular person is a *****, based on evidence. Same with Mason Greenwood. I’d be happy to see him get run over by a bus tomorrow.

for what he did to Andrew Sachs he’s welcome to some of the heavy grief coming his way innocent or not of the more serious crimes

:sweeet:

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Think while I laughed, I also said I would wait till trial before condemning her. 

As such, I haven't commented for weeks on her guilt or innocence.

I mean if we are throwing stones, let's look at your comments on Salmond, a man found not guilty of accusations made against him.

Very true . Well said . I couldn’t give a heck if she is done , im more than pleased she is now a political pariah . That’s poetic justice 

6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You sound like a conspiracy theorist 

That thing you do
4 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

Much more balanced view but being open to ALL possibilities is a bit dense imo. 

There's a line you have to draw between the plausible and the downright fantastical. 

Its about taking a scientific view of it and going with the evidence.

For me, the idea its all a setup is less likely if he is charged and even less if hes convicted given the number of people and processes that has to go through. 

Right now though, you have a sensational documentary, that (so far) has yielded no prosecution and fairly reasonable counter arguments that this is some kind of witch hunt. There is a video going round that shows inconsistencies in the text messages used by papers and channel 4 and between channel 4s "snippet" and what youd see reading the whole conversation. So, again, Im not getting my pitchforks out until hes convicted in a court of law. And Im on the fence until hes charged with whatever he is charged with, then Ill get my torch looked out.

Im perfectly fine with being on the fence, for now* The for now part is key.

Yes the guy is detestable, womanising, trash. And he will admit that himself.

But, the way the media has been used here to whip people up is a disgrace. And Im not going with it yet...

40 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Presumably you are on the 'nonce identification' panel which is solely responsible for identifying wrong uns.

:rofl:

Made me laugh anyway! 

I can't think of one single other crime where the anonymity of the person who is alleged to have carried out that crime is of as much value and importance to other men, than rape. Murder, burglary, fraud, serious assault, noone cares too much. Rape, hysteria. 

It's bizarre. 

That thing you do

Very interesting look at the text messages. Worth a watch. Seems (unsurprisingly) that Attwood has seen the text message doctoring suggestions. But he has a guest that goes through it. Start at 4:20.

7 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

For me, the idea its all a setup is less likely if he is charged and even less if hes convicted given the number of people and processes that has to go through. 

Right now though, you have a sensational documentary, that (so far) has yielded no prosecution and fairly reasonable counter arguments that this is some kind of witch hunt. There is a video going round that shows inconsistencies in the text messages used by papers and channel 4 and between channel 4s "snippet" and what youd see reading the whole conversation. So, again, Im not getting my pitchforks out until hes convicted in a court of law. And Im on the fence until hes charged with whatever he is charged with, then Ill get my torch looked out.

But, the way the media has been used here to whip people up is a disgrace. And Im not going with it yet...

Very reasoned assessment 

I’m watching the doc just now .he was so misogynist in his so called “ humour “ even harder to believe it was only clips from a decade or so ago ? I can’t recall if he was ever called out about it back then ? Very  uncomfortable viewing of those scenes now . 

That thing you do
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

I’m watching the doc just now .he was so misogynist in his so called “ humour “ even harder to believe it was only clips from a decade or so ago ? I can’t recall if he was ever called out about it back then ? Very  uncomfortable viewing of those scenes now . 

Indeed. Bob Geldof had it right a number of years ago

13 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

👏

1 minute ago, That thing you do said:

Indeed. Bob Geldof had it right a number of years ago

what 😂

I assume you mean the clip of Brand calling him Bob Gandolf, which Bob reacted to accordingly. 

Absolutely nothing to do with hee haw else, unless you have other information. 

That thing you do
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

what 😂

I assume you mean the clip of Brand calling him Bob Gandolf, which Bob reacted to accordingly. 

Absolutely nothing to do with hee haw else, unless you have other information. 

Called him a *****

For whatever the reason, right description

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
10 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

another one in danger of being banned from the internet for having a reasonable IQ

the rules are mate 😡 :

you don’t like him and are one of life’s major successes —> become hysterical about him being obviously guilty and how he’s going to the pokey for a long time

youre a right wing conspiracy theorist (and an incel) —> you’re obviously easily manipulated so believe he’s innocent in the face of all evidence (that evidence mostly made up of Google links from the winners in the group above)

16 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Yes the guy is detestable, womanising, trash. 

I really do think that's what most people are committing to.

I haven't even seen Dispatches, haven't read accusations, all I've seen is from here, but I already had a strong opinion on the guy. Criminal allegations, I couldn't say.

But where's the line between mental shagger and sociopathic sexual predator? Is there one?

That thing you do
Just now, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

I really do think that's what most people are committing to.

I haven't even seen Dispatches, haven't read accusations, all I've seen is from here, but I already had a strong opinion on the guy. Criminal allegations, I couldn't say.

But where's the line between mental shagger and sociopathic sexual predator? Is there one?

The line is a court conviction! He is a self confessed sex addict, hes a self confessed womaniser. So that he sleeps with lots of women and is shallow a.f is not up for debate, hes publically admitted that himself. Hes not a likeable character but channel 4 is not the place to test if hes also a rapist. The fact he didnt try to get a super injunction as the likes of schofield did, is also very interesting.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

not that far away from when “oh the hibees are gay” was acceptable and a great laugh to many 

doesn’t make it right but again judging things in the past by how we’ve hopefully improved in the last 15-20 years is a bit skewed that said I think just about everyone was disgusted by the Andrew sachs thing at the time

i don’t watch the telly much - is Jonathon Ross viewed as a good guy and forgiven for the Andrew Sachs thing ?

54 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I said it was reported in 2006, that he was suspected of rape. As you confirmed, the link to the daily Star report said just that (and that they got sued).

I never confirmed that, in fact quite the opposite. Nowhere in the articles you posted did it state he was suspected of rape. 

2 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

The line is a court conviction! He is a self confessed sex addict, hes a self confessed womaniser. So that he sleeps with lots of women and is shallow a.f is not up for debate, hes publically admitted that himself. Hes not a likeable character but channel 4 is not the place to test if hes also a rapist. The fact he didnt try to get a super injunction as the likes of schofield did, is also very interesting.

No mate, sociopathic means disregarding the feelings of others.

You don't need a criminal conviction to be factually labelled a sociopathic sexual predator.

3 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Make your mind up, you're all over the place here. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

i don’t watch the telly much - is Jonathon Ross viewed as a good guy and forgiven for the Andrew Sachs thing ?

At the moment, yes he is. That may change in the future depending on what happens next

2 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

not that far away from when “oh the hibees are gay” was acceptable and a great laugh to many 

doesn’t make it right but again judging things in the past by how we’ve hopefully improved in the last 15-20 years is a bit skewed that said I think just about everyone was disgusted by the Andrew sachs thing at the time

Some people were singing that in a pub i was in on Saturday night. . Cringe fest . 

used to cringe when it was sung at at matches too. 

don’t know much about the Andrew sachs story 

That thing you do
4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Make your mind up, you're all over the place here. 

Im really not. 

Im clear theres enough evidence and self declaration from him that hes a sex addict, a womaniser and a fairly horrible person.

There isnt yet enough hes a predator/rapist yet. That needs to court case.

Im not defending Russell Brand as a person, Im just not jumping on the bandwagon of calling him a Rapist without a charge (or better) a conviction.

Edited by That thing you do

Just now, That thing you do said:

Im really not. 

Im clear theres enough evidence and self declaration from him that hes a sex addict, a womaniser and a fairly horrible person.

There isnt yet enough hes a predator/rapist yet. That needs to court case.

Im not defending Russell Brand as a person, Im just not jumping on the bandwagon of calling him a Rapist without a charge (or better) a conviction.

In what way is he a horrible person? he's admitted that he's had his problems with addictions, including sex addiction, he's not hiding that. 

I didn't see you coming on here to make a thread about how much of a horrible person he was prior to this. 

Do you not question why this has all come from a TV show? 

And no, i'm not saying he's innocent, because i don't know, but ffs man, there are other things going on here. 

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Poor old Fred West. If JKB had existed in his day, he’d have got some support from these parts.

I don't think anyone is supporting him. Try him, find him guilty then throw the key away seems to be what people are saying. The sane ones anyway.

Edited by cazzyy

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Maybe so but a very well balanced piece imo.

It’s pointless drivel. No-one is convicting Brand unless he is taken to court. That’s how it works. What does Moron think is going to happen?

henrysmithsgloves
12 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

I don't think anyone is supporting him. Try him, find him guilty then throw the key away seems to be what people are saying. The sane ones anyway.

:spoton:

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s pointless drivel. No-one is convicting Brand unless he is taken to court. That’s how it works. What does Moron think is going to happen?

I mean it's no more pointless than the reporting and speculation on every news network.

The lawyer's view on this particular programme is that there is very little likelihood that these cases (the 4 in Dispatches) will ever come to trial. Passage of time, lack of actual real evidence and the fact that the press coverage will completely destroy any possibility of conviction. 

You'll burst a blood vessel if you get that worked up about something you know nothing about. 

I didn't mention going to police, bosses or anything else. I'm saying let's see what transpires and then take stock.

You on other hand must believe every person accused of something in media is guilty, especially if he's a nonce.

Who decides by the way if someone falls into that category? Presumably you are on the 'nonce identification' panel which is solely responsible for identifying wrong uns.

There's an old saying 'better 10 guilty men go free than 1 innocent man suffers'. It may be unpalatable to you but I reckon that saying still holds true today.

Leave you to your defence of an undoubted beast .

By the way 98 out of a hundred go free.

Like i said in a previous post best way to deal with men who think it's being a man by assaulting women and girls deserves the stick.you can lick their arse all you want.

Any sensible person would agree. I therefore predict loads will argue you are wrong, that juries are wrong, verdicts are wrong and their opinion, based on sketchy media reports is in fact the sole arbitrar of fact.

Must admit, the people lining up to defend him don't do his case much good.

From Cold War Steve:

CWSBrand.thumb.jpg.ab35fa2da9be8c63d5260c6560e28e4a.jpg