Russell Brand

Dennis Reynolds

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

The media don't care about the victims / survivors or any justice though, let's be honest. All they are interested in is the scandal, the sensationalism and the clicks. 

Agreed.

At least he's the recipient of it though.

Thoroughly deserved .

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

• Ray Gin

• Unknown user

3 minutes ago, kevin_hmfc said:

How do we know it's "thoroughly deserved"?

Sometimes you just do buddy.

It's ripping clean out of him.

He's been a rotten little Tuesday.

19 minutes ago, Ked said:

Sometimes you just do buddy.

It's ripping clean out of him.

He's been a rotten little Tuesday.

Lol

.I'm glad your not on my jury

1 hour ago, kevin_hmfc said:

Regardless of who it is , I find it awful that the media can report all this when he's not been charged. 

Charged being different from convicted btw..

Imagine if he turns out to be innocent after all this.   

He’ll always be guilty of being an absolute ^^^^!

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes it’s a completely degrading “ fetish “ unsure why it “ turns” on some people . I’d give a guy a swift slap if he did that . 

Wouldnt that just encourage him? 

5 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

5 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

lol probably lol ! Seriously it’s one thing which makes me puke 🤮 

Shooter McGavin

People can wait until it’s gone through the courts etc and see what happens, but he’s clearly a creepy ^^^^, and an absolute danger.

No doubt he’ll be the new cult hero for incels.

jack D and coke

More you read the worse it sounds. 
He’s defo a bit of a wrongun. 
The people coming out in his defence are the last ones you’d want to speak up for you. 
You wonder how women fall for this type of creep. 

4 hours ago, kevin_hmfc said:

Regardless of who it is , I find it awful that the media can report all this when he's not been charged. 

Charged being different from convicted btw..

If I close my eyes and zone out all distractions, forget almost everything I know about him and focus really hard, I can just about imagine it. 

5 hours ago, kevin_hmfc said:

Imagine if he turns out to be guilty, which looks highly likely, more than highly likely even, and Imagine you were the only one not seeing the obvious guilt.

That thing you do

I don't like Brand. He's a self confessed womanizer and all round arsehole.

With that said, not everyone thinks the timing of this is coincidence

The argument here is some of the powers that be wanted him silenced.

He needs charged and a fair trial if there's a real reporting of cases going on.

1 hour ago, That thing you do said:

He needs charged and a fair trial if there's a real reporting of cases going on.

Do you really really believe that this is an elaborate plot? And that the media asked a young.wowan to pretend she had a rich Powerful man stick his *** down her throat when she was 16???

I understand that some people think he should not have been named at this stage but to suggest this whole thing   is engineered to silence  his not very powerful voice is a lot of nonsense and incredibly disrespectful to the women involved, essentially calling them liars 

Edited by lou

Shooter McGavin
13 minutes ago, lou said:

Do you really really believe that this is an elaborate plot? And that the media asked a young.wowan to pretend she had a rich Powerful man stick his *** down her throat when she was 16???

I understand that some people think he should not have been named at this stage but to suggest this whole thing   is engineered to silence  his not very powerful voice is a lot of nonsense and incredibly disrespectful to the women involved, essentially calling them liars 

Folk thinking all of this has come about because he got too close to stepping on the toes of the “establishment”, guys been a feckin creep for as long as I can remember.

:facepalm:

2 hours ago, That thing you do said:

This is exactly what he planned for.

15 hours ago, Ked said:

If your daughter came home at 16 telling you that Brand sent taxis to her school for her .

Would you go to the police knowing what we all know and how it seems to be that his like are protected?

Or would you take a bat to his body knowing that you might do a sentence but your daughter won't be victimised by him or the justice system?

I'd be wearing the overalls with arrows .

Yes innocent until proven guilty when justice works and the legal system protects. 

But as evident its been shown to rally round the criminal in these cases.

And what if it later transpired that your daughter made it up and it was actually one of Brand's mates?

You've just taken a bat to the wrong person.

That's why we have a judicial system and not pitchfork mobs.

**Disclaimer: I think he's a wrong'un and needs locked up.

Dispatches spent 4 years gathering evidence before releasing the programme and making the accusations public.

And having to work around Brand's super injunction all that time.

Which is considerably more time and effort than the Police would have spent investigating the matter if it had been reported directly to them.

Now Dispatches can hand off all their evidence to the Police in a neat file.

They've done the hard work.

That thing you do
2 hours ago, lou said:

I'm open to all possibilities until

a) he's charged then b) convicted

At present he hasn't been so muck raking is still on the table. I'm not in Shaun Attwoods camp where he's convinced of that. But I am not on the hang him side either minus conviction and charges.

I dont judge by what's in the media, I'm not jumping on the bandwagon until the police and the courts have.

Trials are in court, not on channel 4

I'm not a sheep (wrong forum to be one).

I also think he's a detestable human being but that not the same as being a rapist. That requires a criminal court.

Edited by That thing you do

That thing you do
33 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

And what if it later transpired that your daughter made it up and it was actually one of Brand's mates?

This!

Well said

That thing you do
14 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Was he not 'with' Peaches for a while?

Think he was yes. I understand him and Geldof had a physical fight over it.

That thing you do

Fitzroy Pointon
3 hours ago, That thing you do said:

The "powers that be" don't give a shite about Brand, other than for him being a sexual predator. 

Attwood's channel used to be decent before he started going down these rabbit holes. He hangs onto every word Icke says. It's hard to listen to his episodes when all you can here is his breathy "wooooowww"'s in the background when Icke reiterates that the queen was a reptile. 

The only one worth listening to on his channel is Sonia Poulton, who has tried her best to expose the McCann's and paedophile's and sexual predators in Parliament over the years, funnily enough some who probably did something similar to what Brand is accused of. Although Attwood wouldn't be so quick to defend them. 

That thing you do

He surely must have seen this coming and been aware of the press investigation. Don’t understand why he hasn’t gone for a super-injunction on the grounds of ‘innocent until proven guilty’ as many celebs have done in the past. 

Innocent or guilty, this ruins him. I don’t thinks that’s fair and just, particularly since it appears not one of these women has gone to the police. Happy enough taking the money for their stories but reluctant to sit in a court under oath. Says a lot for me.

38 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

What if only a small percentage of beasts receive justice.

What if the victims feel like they're on trial.?

Those are not what ifs they're facts.

I'm in the wrong in a perfect world mate.

1 minute ago, Ked said:

I hate the use of this new phrase "whataboutery" but your post fits it so well.

You can't justify taking a bat to the wrong person, you just can't.

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He surely must have seen this coming and been aware of the press investigation. Don’t understand why he hasn’t gone for a super-injunction on the grounds of ‘innocent until proven guilty’ as many celebs have done in the past. 

Innocent or guilty, this ruins him. I don’t thinks that’s fair and just, particularly since it appears not one of these women has gone to the police. Happy enough taking the money for their stories but reluctant to sit in a court under oath. Says a lot for me.

Reluctant to go to a police station.

Have tgeir legs open for swabs.

Have the way they dressed put on trial.

Asked why they were in his flat.

Asked why they flirted.

And basically told they were asking for it.

Says much much more to me.

That thing you do
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

The first part, he won't want a super injunction as he thrives on the attention and bad boy press.

The fact he's come out defiant is interesting, it's a direct "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" to the women.

If it doesn't lead to charges he's the man for shutting it down, big ego boost, and off he goes again, proving there was no substance to the allegations.

If it does, then it's a front of the last act of someone who felt they might as well go down swinging.

There's no shortage of women willing to testify he's a ***** as Geldof put it as he is, but that's not the same thing.

1 minute ago, Ked said:

You have to balance that against the power a woman has to send an innocent man to jail for umpteen years unless you apply the same rules of evidence  and standard of proof that you apply to other non sexual criminal cases. 

If you’ve been a promiscuous celebrity male in your younger days you must shite yourself every time time doorbell rings these days.

1 minute ago, cazzyy said:

I hate the use of this new phrase "whataboutery" but your post fits it so well.

You can't justify taking a bat to the wrong person, you just can't.

You're tge one who said what if my daughter was lying.

I asked if your daughter said the beast was sending taxis to her school ?

That would be enough for me.

Sorry it doesn't sit well with you.

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

If the establishment thing was even close to true he'd be found full of drugs and drowned in his own bath.  He's been preparing for this day for years.

I don't get why folk think he choose to step back from being a Hollywood star to being a social media bampot ( although he does still make millions from it ) it's clear as day now he has been shunned ( and I wonder why that would be ) by Hollywood and Tv the guy was/is an ego maniac no way he gave that fame up 🤣

You have to balance that against the power a woman has to send an innocent man to jail for umpteen years unless you apply the same rules of evidence  and standard of proof that you apply to other non sexual criminal cases. 

If you’ve been a promiscuous celebrity male in your younger days you must shite yourself every time time doorbell rings these days.

I have balanced it though.

You fight his corner I feel happy enough calling him a fekin reptile.

Hope all the women ruin him financially. 

2 minutes ago, Ked said:

Reluctant to go to a police station.

Have tgeir legs open for swabs.

Have the way they dressed put on trial.

Asked why they were in his flat.

Asked why they flirted.

And basically told they were asking for it.

Says much much more to me.

So you don’t want their credibility tested or any vital forensic evidence collected. You just allow women to report they said No and you accept that as fact without challenging it ?

Being raped, I’m pretty sure is far more traumatic than the process of trying to get some justice for it. 

If you don’t test evidence properly and question it, innocent men go to jail and have their lives ruined. 

25 minutes ago, Cade said:

Dispatches spent 4 years gathering evidence before releasing the programme and making the accusations public.

And having to work around Brand's super injunction all that time.

Which is considerably more time and effort than the Police would have spent investigating the matter if it had been reported directly to them.

Now Dispatches can hand off all their evidence to the Police in a neat file.

They've done the hard work.

Most of the shit he done was when at C4 so it's not like they would have been desperate to have themselves involved so there must have been stuff to air it.Also the folk saying it's the leftie media after him don't they realise The Times is a Tory paper 🤣

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Someone said that yo me yesterday and they probably would want him silenced but In the grand scheme of things hes not that important really.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I don't get why folk think he choose to step back from being a Hollywood star to being a social media bampot ( although he does still make millions from it ) it's clear as day now he has been shunned ( and I wonder why that would be ) by Hollywood and Tv the guy was/is an ego maniac no way he gave that fame up 🤣

Good point 

So you don’t want their credibility tested or any vital forensic evidence collected. You just allow women to report they said No and you accept that as fact without challenging it ?

Being raped, I’m pretty sure is far more traumatic than the process of trying to get some justice for it. 

If you don’t test evidence properly and question it, innocent men go to jail and have their lives ruined. 

I think it's the fact they have to relive it all again and in front of an audience.There have been some cases though and some recently where it has been false claims and these should be dealt with severely as well but I would imagine they are few and far between.

2 minutes ago, Ked said:

I have balanced it though.

You fight his corner I feel happy enough calling him a fekin reptile.

Hope all the women ruin him financially. 

I’m not fighting his corner. If he’s guilty and he’s a nasty sexual predator then he’s a reptile. Half a dozen women being coerced and paid for historical stories doesn’t make you guilty. Completely unchallenged evidence with no chance to defend himself or question it or have it tested. That’s not justice mate.

Their credibility versus the credibility of the legal system dealing with violence against women?

Anyway I'm going to give arguing about this a miss.

But the evidence is there in spades about how the legal process leaves many women wishing they hadn't bothered.

Your argument is sound mate.

Kirsty Gallagher why support him then immediately take down the support.She must have been told something pretty quick and told to distance herself from him.

I’m not fighting his corner. If he’s guilty and he’s a nasty sexual predator then he’s a reptile. Half a dozen women being coerced and paid for historical stories doesn’t make you guilty. Completely unchallenged evidence with no chance to defend himself or question it or have it tested. That’s not justice mate.

Who said they were paid ?

I'm bowing out of this, I have never at point said Brand is guilty but as perhaps the only female poster here, I find it quite unsettling that a few posters are insinuating these women have made it up as part of some big conspiracy to silence a not very important person.

12 minutes ago, Ked said:

Their credibility versus the credibility of the legal system dealing with violence against women?

Anyway I'm going to give arguing about this a miss.

But the evidence is there in spades about how the legal process leaves many women wishing they hadn't bothered.

Your argument is sound mate.

Sexual violence against women is despicable. Let me be clear on that. But it’s almost always one to one with someone they knew or had some

level of interaction with (but stopped short of consent) I don’t know how you improve the process and make conviction more likely without exposing innocent men to false convictions.

1 minute ago, lou said:

I'm bowing out of this, I have never at point said Brand is guilty but as perhaps the only female poster here, I find it quite unsettling that a few posters are insinuating these women have made it up as part of some big conspiracy to silence a not very important person.

And ignoring the well documented experiences of women at the hands of our legal system.

That it was an open secret and that things were put in place to keep women away from him...he's a fekin beast.

What I will say is if anything we as men should learn its nit to be a creepy c@#t at least never mind the industrial scale Brand practised.

I'm out of here as well .