• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

• Ray Gin

• Unknown user

7 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

His wife turned up with two black eyes. Boom boom!

😎I thunk that story got brushed under the carpet 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

14 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Plus determing what is a sober signature, a slightly tipsy signature, and an absolutely out of yer face legless signature.

I’ve consented in all those different scenarios 😂

7 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

He has turned into one of those bonkers conspiracy theory followers along with Neil Oliver amongst others. 

I remember when David Icke was normal. 

i wish jj was my dad

Dunno about the allegations but he is an absolute winker.  If he had left that message to Andrew Sachs for my grandpa about one of his grand kids he wouldn't have walked again.  What a horrible prick.

4 hours ago, Alex said:

But you can withdraw consent at any time so I'm not sure how worthwhile it would be.

Exactly, consent is ongoing not a one off. 

2 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Dunno about the allegations but he is an absolute winker.  If he had left that message to Andrew Sachs for my grandpa about one of his grand kids he wouldn't have walked again.  What a horrible prick.

Aye, that was terrible

Why not go to the police and report this crime ensuring those found guilty go to jail?

They don’t get paid to tell the police but they do the papers/media I suppose.

He’s never hidden being a complete shagger, will be interesting to see what comes of all this.

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Why not go to the police and report this crime ensuring those found guilty go to jail?

He’s never hidden being a complete shagger, will be interesting to see what comes of all this.

I assume it's still a small percentage of rapists that actually get the jail if they even get a conviction.

But it does beg questions - where is the line between bit of a shagger and a manipulative predator?

4 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

I assume it's still a small percentage of rapists that actually get the jail if they even get a conviction.

But it does beg questions - where is the line between bit of a shagger and a manipulative predator?

Only 2% of sexual assault complaints lead to a conviction.

Why would anyone go through all the hassle. 

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Only 2% of sexual assault complaints lead to a conviction.

Why would anyone go through all the hassle. 

And that's guilty, not even jail like the boy said. 1 in 50.

Pretty grim stuff

i wish jj was my dad
16 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

It's a really tricky one.  I'm in the space of innocent until proven guilty but it's incredibly difficult crime to prove and the Goodwillie case shows how difficult it can be.  Goodwillie hasn't been convicted of a crime but a civil court was convinced on the balance of probabilities.  Whether Brand is guilty or innocent I hope that the mob recognise that there are people involved in this - accused and their 'victims'. 

As much as I can't stand the prick he is entitled to a fair hearing and folks are already rubbing their hands at it because they think he's a prick too. This board managed to turn the Goodwillie case into a political debate about NS and Val McD.  Hopefully, this thread doesn't follow that route. 

Mac_fae_Gillie
40 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Just imagine trying to win a case vs someone rich or famous they just lawyer up, these cases come to light when the victims realise that others have been attacked and that they may now be believed, it may of course draw a few chancers/false claims just after fame or a payout but at least one or two of these seem to be about 16year olds not sure if that UK or USA if USA thats statutory rape if UK even if consent is there it shows how he likes to control and he is finished.. Going to be interesting to watch, like many others I hate the gobshite but I do except women were drawn to him a decade ago so I would except some of this could be iffy but I doubt all of it is.

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Because the conviction rate for rapes is abysmally low.  Many women see little point in reliving the crime, being attacked in the witness box and then watch their attacker go free. 

41 minutes ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Just imagine trying to win a case vs someone rich or famous they just lawyer up, these cases come to light when the victims realise that others have been attacked and that they may now be believed, it may of course draw a few chancers/false claims just after fame or a payout but at least one or two of these seem to be about 16year olds not sure if that UK or USA if USA thats statutory rape if UK even if consent is there it shows how he likes to control and he is finished.. Going to be interesting to watch, like many others I hate the gobshite but I do except women were drawn to him a decade ago so I would except some of this could be iffy but I doubt all of it is.

Here's one account (refers to Brand's lawyers)

ToadKiller Dog

Shades of Saville in this in terms of hiding his behaviour in the public eye .

Going by despatches so far certainly has questions to answer .

7 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Kirsty Gallagher backing Brand 🙄

cannot stand her

Seems she is his sister-in-law. She has now deleted her Instagram story. No doubt a heartfelt and entirely genuine apology will follow. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Who needs police when court of public opinion has spoken.

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Who needs police when court of public opinion has spoken.

I'm kinda there too.i don't like the prick and wasn't surprised to hear the allegations but I'd rather wait until they have gone through the courts until I make my mind up on him. 

periodictabledancer

Just listening his theatrics at the BBC - long after he'd been through two separate sessions of rehab for drink/drugs/sex addiction  : how the **** was he allowed to behave like this, live on air  ? 

No one ever did anything to stop him.

Edited by periodictabledancer

It’s far from great viewing, but everyone is just trying to distance themselves, everyone who knew what was happening.

Its never been a secret he’s a sex addict pervert.

The Mighty Thor

If he's been at it then I hope he's prosecuted, given a fair trial then, if guilty, banged up. 

What's always interesting to see and generally a mark of the character is who rushes to his defence. 

Katy Perry must have been desperate/gullible/obsessed/stupid/a sex addict herself  (or all of them)  to fall for that weirdo. 

"When Alice met Brand in 2006, he was becoming a household name as the host of Channel 4’s Big Brother’s Big Mouth and a BBC radio presenter; she was 16, recovering from an eating disorder and had never had a boyfriend.

He approached her in Leicester Square after she had been shopping at Topshop in Oxford Circus and he had been working at a nearby studio. Alice recognised him from TV and had previously seen him do stand-up.

“He took my shopping bags from me which was quite disarming and proceeded to go through my purchases and critique them, and then he took one dress out and said to me, ‘You’re going to wear this on our date this week’,” she recalls.

Brand asked her to dinner and she later told her mother, who made Alice text Brand to tell him her age, assuming it would put him off. It didn’t. Alice’s mother was very upset but did not feel she could control who her daughter met.

“I remember wearing a red wiggle dress and big platform shoes and had my hair blown out and was wearing makeup,” Alice now remembers. “But I didn’t look like a woman by any means. I was a child that had got dressed up for dinner.” On their first date, she claims Brand asked her as soon as they met to confirm she was definitely 16, saying: “I don’t give a **** if you’re 12 . . . I need to know where I stand legally.”

During the earliest stages of their relationship, Alice says Brand was “very charming and very attentive”, sending her “verbose” messages. She remembers feeling “giddy” and “special”.

Before the first time they had sex, Alice says she told him she was a virgin and claims he was instantly aroused. “He was like, ‘Oh my God, my baby, my baby’, and picked me up and cradled me in his arms like a child and was stroking my hair. He’s like, ‘You’re like my little dolly.’” She says he became “preoccupied” with her being innocent and pure.

She claims that there was a large mirror on the wall and she remembers during sex he raised his arm above his head “like this power stance, like he was conquering something”.

7 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

That second tweet is an interesting observation. 

He definitely knew it was coming and that his behaviour was known about. Katherine Ryan apparently called him a sexual predator to his face on panel show (the scene was cut).

His bum will have been in serious twitch mode since the Me Too movement.

periodictabledancer
11 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

He definitely knew it was coming and that his behaviour was known about. Katherine Ryan apparently called him a sexual predator to his face on panel show (the scene was cut).

His bum will have been in serious twitch mode since the Me Too movement.

Sure but the idea that he became this alt-right loon in order to paint the allegations as a  MSM/establishment conspiracy againt him is interesting. I never could stand him but I was amazed to see he'd gone to the dark side - and this explains his conversion IMO. 

24 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Sure but the idea that he became this alt-right loon in order to paint the allegations as a  MSM/establishment conspiracy againt him is interesting. I never could stand him but I was amazed to see he'd gone to the dark side - and this explains his conversion IMO. 

It also makes him a lot of money.It looks now like he has been shunned by the mainstream media so he goes down this route as an easy way to make money lots of money and then as we have seen before these folk that follow him take a hell of a lot of convincing that it's not a witch hunt.

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Never been a fan.
We won’t ever know if he’s really guilty though as he’s already been convicted. 
Funny world now. 

Aye never really got the humour at all.Could never work out how he made it either as he was just the guy out his ****ing nut in Ibiza clubs on MTV the next thing he was everywhere as a comedian.

20 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

Full Times article: https://t.co/6Jab5Zy3ql

It's some article, read it earlier. Very damning and there is some corroboration in at least one of the accuser's accounts - a lot of detail including emails and texts, presumably that level was needed to get around the alleged super-injunction.

The only thing that seemed odd was this:  "And I saw something come over his eyes, I swear to God, like, black, his eyes had no more colour, they were black, like the devil. Like a different person literally entered his body.”

Someone else recounts him biting them on the face and his "energy changing". 

A pretty extreme case of the horndog taking over him if that isn't embellishment. Whilst it is zero excuse, his sex addiction sounds very real - his method for getting off the junk was to just replace one addiction with another. 

Edited by Gizmo

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Aye never really got the humour at all.Could never work out how he made it either as he was just the guy out his ****ing nut in Ibiza clubs on MTV the next thing he was everywhere as a comedian.

My ex loved him and it took me a long time to appreciate any of his humour. Even a little bit. 
He’s a marmite character for sure but I guess he’s guilty already now regardless. 
We’ll never know. 
I have no idea if he’s a beast or not. 
But its funny how people believe the media for some things and not others. 
Confirmation bias for everything now. 

been here before
1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

That conversation he had with Savile…

Total wrong’un

"In May 2007, Brand called Jimmy Savile, who suggested the pair could meet if Brand brought along a sister. Brand doesn’t have a sister, so instead offered to bring a female employee — agreeing, on Savile’s request, that she should be naked.

“I’ve got a personal assistant,” he said. “And part of her job description is that anyone I demand she greet, meet, massages, she has to do it. She’s very attractive, Jimmy.” This was four years before Savile’s death and five years before details of the Jim’ll Fix It presenter’s crimes were exposed.

According to insiders who were working for BBC radio at the time, complaints were made about Brand’s behaviour in the studios to Lesley Douglas, then the BBC’s controller for Radio 2 and 6 Music, but nothing appeared to be done as a result.".