Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Roow said:

Cochrane broken ankle 

Just now, jamboozy said:

Whit!? Where are you hearing this?

Don't believe him.

5 hours ago, Chimp said:

No thanks, that midfield gives me the absolute fear. Vargas the only player with pace in that side going forward.

Was just thinking it would add pace up top whilst keeping Boyce and Shankland on the pitch.

Any midfield we play will be gash so we might as well fill it with numbers

On 12/09/2023 at 12:27, wavydavy said:

I noticed that Atkinson and Rowles both played for Australia and Rowles played LWB.

I wonder why he played there ? Was their coach a bit wary of his recent performances for us at CB?

Our problem for Saturday will be the pace and power of Duk and Miovski and they have a new unit of a striker as well who will just run over Rowles and maybe even Sibbick if he plays.

We need a good strong defensive performance most of all and a goal for Vargas and Tagawa would be good.

Rowles had played a decent amount of LB when he first came to us.

I still maintain that this squad plays far better in a back 3. Maybe with two weeks to plan Naisy will give that a try.

3 hours ago, Roow said:

Cochrane broken ankle 

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Noooooooooo

2 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Whit!? Where are you hearing this?

The poster who first said this is backtracking so treat this very much as third or fourth hand info at this point. We'll know one way or the other soon enough, no sense getting everyone in a panic if it's nothing.

27 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Rowles had played a decent amount of LB when he first came to us.

I still maintain that this squad plays far better in a back 3. Maybe with two weeks to plan Naisy will give that a try.

The poster who first said this is backtracking so treat this very much as third or fourth hand info at this point. We'll know one way or the other soon enough, no sense getting everyone in a panic if it's nothing.

It was me. 

i was told yesterday it was a broken ankle but waiting on scans. Regardless he will be out for a while.

Huge loss as I like him and his attitude 

We’re in a bad way and in for a long season. One fit left and right back. 1 decent fit centre mid. No goalscorerimg midfielders. Weak at centre back. Grim

Home team hasn't lost this fixture for about 40 years. This has got draw written all over it for me. Then we'll be a defeat in Paisley away from really hitting the panic button.

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, Rick James said:

Home team hasn't lost this fixture for about 40 years. This has got draw written all over it for me. Then we'll be a defeat in Paisley away from really hitting the panic button.

Call me a game picker, but I've never seen anything other than a Hearts win at Tynecastle against Aberdeen

18 minutes ago, Rick James said:

Last season a failure to change things and react to defeats cost Neilson his job . After the double defeat to Celtic Neilson stubbornly stuck to a system that everybody in the league knew how to defeat . We then lost to Aberdeen , Kilmarnock and St Mirren and no reaction was forthcoming . Same slow and patient build up through Snodgrass and we got taken apart by every team we played . Naismith needs to set the team up to get the win and not stick with the same set up that is failing . We need to be out the traps with a point to prove 

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Naismith needs to set the team up to get the win and not stick with the same set up that is failing . We need to be out the traps with a point to prove 

What you say makes perfect sense, most of us will agree however, we have seen very little from our management team to suggest Saturday's game against the sheep will be any diferent.

Just now, suds66 said:

What you say makes perfect sense, most of us will agree however, we have seen very little from our management team to suggest Saturday's game against the sheep will be any diferent.

No mate I agree . Hopefully it clicks but I have seen zero so far to suggest it will . Hopefully we have used the last two weeks wisely 

12 hours ago, StirlingJambo said:

We’re in a bad way and in for a long season. One fit left and right back. 1 decent fit centre mid. No goalscorerimg midfielders. Weak at centre back. Grim

We definitely need to go into the free agent market.

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No mate I agree . Hopefully it clicks but I have seen zero so far to suggest it will . Hopefully we have used the last two weeks wisely 

Without 7 of the mainstays?

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes, agree. Fingers crossed.

Ricardo Quaresma
16 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

This game has Dons win written all over it, they can't buy a win at the moment, and we tend to be the team that always gives!!!

You're the 2nd person to point this out this morning, but both of you are missing the most fundamentally important element in the pattern you're pointing out

We have to be the team that is on a WINNING RUN for this pattern to persist, but we've had 2 'only goal of the game' losses in the league

That isn't the pattern I've observed and believe me, I'm brilliant at recognising patterns

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Last season a failure to change things and react to defeats cost Neilson his job . After the double defeat to Celtic Neilson stubbornly stuck to a system that everybody in the league knew how to defeat . We then lost to Aberdeen , Kilmarnock and St Mirren and no reaction was forthcoming . Same slow and patient build up through Snodgrass and we got taken apart by every team we played . Naismith needs to set the team up to get the win and not stick with the same set up that is failing . We need to be out the traps with a point to prove 

Spot on Sooks, but my fear is Aberdeen go with the same mentality, and I fear our defence going up against any team who start on the front foot. Got horrible visions in my head of them scoring a goal or 2 quite early.

4 minutes ago, Rick James said:

Spot on Sooks, but my fear is Aberdeen go with the same mentality, and I fear our defence going up against any team who start on the front foot. Got horrible visions in my head of them scoring a goal or 2 quite early.

No I agree , our defence looks completely lacking in confidence and cohesion 

So does anyone know what the status is with the following "injured" players.

Niewenhof

Baningime

Haring

Kingsley

Are any of them fit and able to play this Saturday or is it still a guessing game from Hearts.

We_are_the_Hearts
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Niewenhof

Baningime

Haring

Kingsley

Are any of them fit and able to play this Saturday or is it still a guessing game from Hearts.

Did Haring not play the last game?

20 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Niewenhof

Baningime

Haring

Kingsley

Add McKay and Cochrane to that list. 

I've always wondered why we've never played Haring CB, seeing as we signed him for that position and it's where he mostly played for his previous clubs. Might not be the answer but might be worth a try as his attributes are more suited to that position I'd say. Strong and decent in the air. Isn't good enough for CM anymore so I'd be happy to see him tried there, surely cannot be any worse than what we have at the moment.

2 hours ago, Rick James said:

pish, they leathered us at Tynie around 2009-10. 

11 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I've always wondered why we've never played Haring CB, seeing as we signed him for that position and it's where he mostly played for his previous clubs. Might not be the answer but might be worth a try as his attributes are more suited to that position I'd say. Strong and decent in the air. Isn't good enough for CM anymore so I'd be happy to see him tried there, surely cannot be any worse than what we have at the moment.

Like a number of our players he is too slow to play CB. I am not so sure that he is as good in the air as he used to be since he had that head injuy.

Just now, wavydavy said:

Like a number of our players he is too slow to play CB. I am not so sure that he is as good in the air as he used to be since he had that head injuy.

If he's too slow to play CB then he shouldn't be playing in CM! 

If you can read the game well you don't need lots of pace. I agree he's definitely not the same as he was in the air now. Not saying he'd be great at the back btw, just wondering why he's never been tried there since it's where he played previously, even for his physicality - one of his only strengths now IMO.

24 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Add McKay and Cochrane to that list. 

I didn't add them because as far as I know they are going to be out for quite some time however the ones I listed it would seem only the club seem to know what their status is.

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, Negan said:

pish, they leathered us at Tynie around 2009-10. 

Pumped us in Neilson’s first season in Premier League too. 

Just now, Chimp said:

If you can read the game well you don't need lots of pace. I agree he's definitely not the same as he was in the air now. Not saying he'd be great at the back btw, just wondering why he's never been tried there since it's where he played previously, even for his physicality - one of his only strengths now IMO.

I agree and it just shows how little choice we have in midfield when we are reduced to playing someone who is as slow as he is.

If he loses the ball in midfield then at least we have players behind him who can possibly stop any danger however when he is maybve the last man and loses the ball then we are in big trouble.

Having said that Rowles has been doping thism for weeks and still gets a game.

Our recruitment is severely lacking in certain areas.

19 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Agree 

I've have thinking that for ages. The amount of problems we have had at centre back it's surely worth a try.

Personally think he would do very well there. He has all the attributes and as you say he has played there before.

Think he and Kent might bring a bit of calmness and composure to the defence.

6 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Agree Haring is to slow, we miss Halkett a lot, I still think there is a player to come out in Sibbick, would like to see Rowles dropped and Kent and Sibbick as the two centre halfs for this weekend.

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

On the plus side I think I can recall a couple of wins for us at Pitoddrie fewer than 40 years ago. 

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Was that the game where McGhee inexplicably forgot he was a Premier League star of the future and jumped up to spike the ball like he was playing volleyball on Portobello beach

awadooningorgie2
37 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I wondered the same last year when we were crying out for a centre half....

1 hour ago, Rick James said:

So have I. Had a vivid dream last night that we lost 0-3, with them being 2 up at HT :(

5 minutes ago, escobri said:

Not confident for this game but looking forward to the gorgie choir bouncing about at 2 nil down.

Surprisingly and significantly our Ultras and their drum went quiet in the second half of the 'Well game.