*** official Heart Of Midlothian v Aberdeen match thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

2 hours ago, Chimp said:

Will probably still feel like a defeat at this stage. The reaction to it certainly will anyway and won't help relieve any pressure on Naismith

Absolutely agree. This is not only a must win. It’s a must win with a good performance. 

The same mistakes being made again, coupled with more pedestrian play, and a poor result (which a draw would be), would make Tynecastle an interesting place to be around 5pm 👀 

Here’s hoping our season can be kickstarted on Saturday 🤞🏼

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Gizmo

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2-0 Hearts

Shankland

Boyce           Vargas 

Cochrane Devlin Haring Atkinson

Kingsley Sibbick Kent 

Clark 

Edited by Cruyff

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

2-0 Hearts

Shankland

Boyce           Vargas 

Cochrane Devlin Haring Atkinson

Kingsley Sibbick Kent 

Clark 

Wonder if there would merit in playing Kenny in the Gino role. He’s got loads of pace and knows where the goal is (from memory of his highlights when he signed)..

Just now, MattyK82 said:

Wonder if there would merit in playing Kenny in the Gino role. He’s got loads of pace and knows where the goal is (from memory of his highlights when he signed)..

I think that's a good shout. 

On 11/09/2023 at 00:52, GinRummy said:

A must win for Naismith and Robson imo. Two out of form teams. I reckon home advantage will count and we'll edge a win.

3-2 Hearts, with defences all over the place. 

Must win in what sense - unpopularity on kick back or sacked after a game in charge ?

3 minutes ago, Berrassobad said:

Must win in what sense - unpopularity on kick back or sacked after a game in charge ?

If there’s a winner, I don’t think the loser will recover and a sacking won’t be far away. 

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If there’s a winner, I don’t think the loser will recover and a sacking won’t be far away. 

Yeah that’s the way I see it, I think Naismith will survive it but if we lose in the cup possibly not there will be a lot of fan’s shouting for heads to roll.

9 hours ago, One five said:

Yeah that’s the way I see it, I think Naismith will survive it but if we lose in the cup possibly not there will be a lot of fan’s shouting for heads to roll.

Naismith will get the time he deserves as does every other manger - fans (questionable) can shout all they like

3 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

Absolutely agree. This is not only a must win. It’s a must win with a good performance. 

The same mistakes being made again, coupled with more pedestrian play, and a poor result (which a draw would be), would make Tynecastle an interesting place to be around 5pm 👀 

Here’s hoping our season can be kickstarted on Saturday 🤞🏼

I noticed that Atkinson and Rowles both played for Australia and Rowles played LWB.

I wonder why he played there ? Was their coach a bit wary of his recent performances for us at CB?

Our problem for Saturday will be the pace and power of Duk and Miovski and they have a new unit of a striker as well who will just run over Rowles and maybe even Sibbick if he plays.

We need a good strong defensive performance most of all and a goal for Vargas and Tagawa would be good.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I noticed that Atkinson and Rowles both played for Australia and Rowles played LWB.

I wonder why he played there ? Was their coach a bit wary of his recent performances for us at CB?

Our problem for Saturday will be the pace and power of Duk and Miovski and they have a new unit of a striker as well who will just run over Rowles and maybe even Sibbick if he plays.

We need a good strong defensive performance most of all and a goal for Vargas and Tagawa would be good.

And this is the problem, have no faith in the defence and no faith in the attack. It’s a problem. 

However, this will be the first game of the season when you have to think the opposition won’t sit in. So will be interesting to see if we actually have any clue in attack. 

Just now, hearts00 said:

And this is the problem, have no faith in the defence and no faith in the attack. It’s a problem. 

However, this will be the first game of the season when you have to think the opposition won’t sit in. So will be interesting to see if we actually have any clue in attack. 

And so you have faith in the midfield area😂😂😂

Expecting a massive improved performance and confidence boosting win.  What I don't want is another insipid pedestrian performance and 11 men back in box when sheep get a corner. 

coatbridgejambo
On 11/09/2023 at 11:59, No Idle Talk said:

I have spent most of the past week feeling miserable about all things Hearts. I can't take it anymore. 

Let's use this game as a new start and get our season going! 

The same stuff was trotted out going into the motherwell game. not having a go at yourself btw.

1 hour ago, Berrassobad said:

Naismith will get the time he deserves as does every other manger - fans (questionable) can shout all they like

I wouldn’t argue with that but some fans around where I sit would.

Aberdeen got torn a new one at home in tgeir Euro qualifier.

They looked clueless at times.

Nausmith and the team need to go about it in the same way as against Paok at home.

Obviously apart from the result.

I want consistent starting lines ups from now.

We have blown the chance for a head start.

October is a brutal run.

And see if the players are not into the current set up they better tuck any petted lips in and get on with it.

That's a good squad no matter the nonsense on here.

Boyce must start.

13 hours ago, Ked said:

Nausmith and the team need to go about it in the same way as against Paok at home.

October is a brutal run.

And see if the players are not into the current set up they better tuck any petted lips in and get on with it.

Boyce must start.

I like Boyce but the only issue for me is playing him with Shankland. They both lack any pace and and feel we need someone quicker to play alongside him, the way Gino did last season and it worked wonders. Tagawa seems to be the player who could play a similar role. Even though the pair are very intelligent players I'm not sure the combination of both is working. Shanks seems to like to drop back into the 10 role at times basically doing the same job as Boyce, leaving us with nothing up top. The amount of times we go forward and there's nobody in the box is shocking

We_are_the_Hearts
14 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I like Boyce but the only issue for me is playing him with Shankland. They both lack any pace and and feel we need someone quicker to play alongside him, the way Gino did last season and it worked wonders. Tagawa seems to be the player who could play a similar role. Even though the pair are very intelligent players I'm not sure the combination of both is working. Shanks seems to like to drop back into the 10 role at times basically doing the same job as Boyce, leaving us with nothing up top. The amount of times we go forward and there's nobody in the box is shocking

Agreed although I would like to see Vargas in the Ginnelly role playing with Shanks. I would persevere with Lowry on the left and would play Nat on the right. He cant defend so have SIbbick behind him. We need to be a bit more compact and Oda has been off it all season. 

19 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Tagawa has been tried in that Gino role but although he is quick he just never seems to get on the ball enough.

Interesting to hear that Vargas might be the one to play there.  

Some shots on target may help us win the game although unfortunately if we score from them  this will lead to us losing possession of the ball on the centre spot

Personally think we’ll lose this. We have a tendency to help teams out when they can’t buy a win and our form has been rotten as well.

I think it’ll depend how fit our midfielders are and whether Duk decides to turn up, which he hasn’t done yet this season.

26 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Massive game so early in the season.

It's a genuine must win for us. 

We all know the outcome when this is the case.

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Tagawa has been tried in that Gino role but although he is quick he just never seems to get on the ball enough.

Interesting to hear that Vargas might be the one to play there.  

Probably never gets on the ball because don't have any midfielders capable of finding him or seeing his runs to be honest.

Would be happy to see Vargas tried in there 👍

24 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Probably never gets on the ball because don't have any midfielders capable of finding him or seeing his runs to be honest.

Would be happy to see Vargas tried in there 👍

I think this is part of our problem just now in that Naismith/Mcavoy have no idea what our best formation is.

We keep moving players about all over the pace rather than play a settled team letting them get to know each others style.

At this stage in the seaon we should be beyond the experimenting stage and playing a settled team (injuries aside of course).

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think this is part of our problem just now in that Naismith/Mcavoy have no idea what our best formation is.

We keep moving players about all over the pace rather than play a settled team letting them get to know each others style.

At this stage in the seaon we should be beyond the experimenting stage and playing a settled team (injuries aside of course).

Exactly 👍

Really hoping this will be ppv as it is extremely unlikely I will make it due to knee surgery yesterday. Hopefully make the Hibs game but that could be a doubt too 😟

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Groatallar said:

Really hoping this will be ppv as it is extremely unlikely I will make it due to knee surgery yesterday. Hopefully make the Hibs game but that could be a doubt too 😟

You’ll still be be back before Halkett.

53 minutes ago, Groatallar said:

Wont be PPV as 3pm on a Saturday. 

Why not try out the old Christmas tree formation?

______________Clark

Atkinson__Kent__Sibbick__Kingsley

_____Devlin__Haring__Grant

_________Boyce__Shankland

_____________Vargas

Go for it 1308
17 hours ago, Ked said:

October is a brutal run.

Boyce must start.

👏 

GorgieFifeLife

They have a proper midfield with players who know how to go about their business.  They have not clicked yet but I think they will be too powerful for us.  Gone are the days of big physical Hearts, we look powderpuff.  We need to start playing players in the positions they were brought here for and not filling the midfield with defenders.  It’s hard to even pick a team as we don’t know who’s fit or not apart from Gordon, Halkett and McKay are out.  If available I would go;

McGovern

Sibbick

Kent

Kingsley

Lowry

Hoff

Beni

Shankland

Boyce

Vargas

Tagawa

Attack early, high tempo and don’t let them breathe right from the off.

23 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Why not try out the old Christmas tree formation?

______________Clark

Atkinson__Kent__Sibbick__Kingsley

_____Devlin__Haring__Grant

_________Boyce__Shankland

_____________Vargas

No thanks, that midfield gives me the absolute fear. Vargas the only player with pace in that side going forward.

I'd go with:

Clark

Atkinson   Kent  Kingsley   Cochrane

Devlin    Lowry     

Oda            Shankland     Tagawa

Vargas

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm usually pretty confident, not this time. 

Much been said about the defence, domestically they are one of the best statistically. The forwards seem to be getting off light here, when statistically they are currently the worst with a pathetic 3.7% conversion rate.

Just about every other stat we are not far off Celtic, not taking chances though, which in turn has put the 2 goals we have conceded in 5 domestic matches under the microscope

2 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Think Beni is fit. Although not match fit 

You said on another thread that I can't find that a key player is out long term. Is that correct and any more information you can give?

On 11/09/2023 at 20:39, Bull's-eye said:

Feels like a very inexperienced manager who's not really got a Scooby about the finer details of the game, no real preparation, not interested in the opposition.

Its like a manager thats played at the highest level under some excellent coaches that had that extra motivation skill that is required at the top level.

That doesn't work at our level for me, its all about preparation and work-rate.

I see neither in our play, currently ☹️

Totally agree

Selkirkhmfc1874
29 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

You said on another thread that I can't find that a key player is out long term. Is that correct and any more information you can give?

Guessing Barrie McKay

27 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

Im going to backtrack here 🙂as I am not sure how long he might be out for. Ankle injury

But I am not naming him as I have been warned off. I don’t read media so not sure if we have commented on it as a club. 

Sorry