• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Gizmo

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Massive game as it feel pivotal in shaping our season.  In some ways I think the performance matters as much as the result.  We need something akin to the home performances after Naismith took over.  Quick, high press.  If we see another slow, ponderous performance then there's going to be serious unrest.  Win? yeah huge.  Perform well?  Massive.  

A must win for Naismith and Robson imo. Two out of form teams. I reckon home advantage will count and we'll edge a win.

3-2 Hearts, with defences all over the place. 

Has there been any update on MacKay's injury?

What is the situation with Haring and Beni ?

Don't like this silence from the club. Just be upfront and honest with the fans.

Had to laugh when I saw a headline where Billy Brown said our problem was our squad was too big making it difficult to pick our best team.

I would say our squad is relatively big due to the number of injuries we keep getting.

Here we are with a big squad and only one RWB.

We really need a win here to get us back on track but I am not confident.

Down south on Saturday so having to miss this one.

Start on the front foot, get ourselves in front early doors and we'll win.

Hearts 3-1.

colinmorewasgash

Sheep havent won lge game duk been off form got new striker papa gueye whose a unit (rowles beware) due a win but then again their record isnt great at tynie.  

1 1

16 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Wouldn't mind a decent free agent in for consideration prior to this one.

No we will wait until Atkinson gets injured and then play someone out of position for a week or two before signing the worst possible option available.

Wouldn't surprise me if we brought  Michael Smith back on a short term deal as he is still without a club and probably nowhere near match fitness.

Just hoping we finally see a goal in a league match at home. Been a while 😮

Massive game for both clubs. Our record against Aberdeen at home is very strong. To continue in this vein, we absolutely need to see a performance akin to the one we saw in our last meeting with them. The result is obviously king, but I think we need to see a much more positive performance too - to show we are back on track.

Edited by MattyK82

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Don't like this silence from the club. Just be upfront and honest with the fans.

Had to laugh when I saw a headline where Billy Brown said our problem was our squad was too big making it difficult to pick our best team.

I would say our squad is relatively big due to the number of injuries we keep getting.

As per usual with the three injured players you mention.

Silence.

I have spent most of the past week feeling miserable about all things Hearts. I can't take it anymore. 

Let's use this game as a new start and get our season going! 

All roads lead to Gorgie

It's got draw written all over it but I think we will edge it 2-1. I think the criticism the team have had will make us play at a quicker tempo and that's how we beat the sheep twice at home last season. I hope that's not wishful thinking!

No we will wait until Atkinson gets injured and then play someone out of position for a week or two before signing the worst possible option available.

Wouldn't surprise me if we brought  Michael Smith back on a short term deal as he is still without a club and probably nowhere near match fitness.

Such a negative post - which unfortunately could end up as realism rather than pessimism - thats the mood of many just now .....what a waste of such close season positivetey - sharp thinking

Pasquale for King

Slightly hypocritical of Brown, with youngsters they had nearly FIFTY players in the squad. Cant be many AMs that had 3 5-1 cup final defeats though 😆
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/heart-of-midlothian-fc/kader/verein/43/saison_id/1998

Naismith will have been told "Lose the Dons game and the upcoming Killie quarter and your out"......at least thats what he should have been told - if our "board had any ba11s.....but the leader doesnt have any - literally. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Slightly hypocritical of Brown, with youngsters they had nearly FIFTY players in the squad. Cant be many AMs that had 3 5-1 cup final defeats though 😆
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/heart-of-midlothian-fc/kader/verein/43/saison_id/1998

He was right though in a way as he was implying that we dont stick with our "best team" but keep rotating/juggling players around (testing things out) so that quite a few dont get any continuity or familiarity with each others play, therefore not instinctively picking up on where passes are going or where/when to make certain types of runs. (midfielders/wingers etc are picked by lucky dip....example centre of midfield where its the tea ladies turn this weekend) 

14 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Such a negative post - which unfortunately could end up as realism rather than pessimism - thats the mood of many just now .....what a waste of such close season positivetey - sharp thinking

I would love to post something positive but I don't see or hear any of that coming from the club.

They can't even give their fans news of injured players progress or otherwise.

I know you don't want to give away too much to the opposition before a big game but I would imagine Aberdeen will just be concentrating on thier own game rather than worrying about who we have fit to play them.

15 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Naismith will have been told "Lose the Dons game and the upcoming Killie quarter and your out"......at least thats what he should have been told - if our "board had any ba11s.....but the leader doesnt have any - literally. 

And they will re appoint Mcavoy.

4 hours ago, jamboozy said:

El Sackio written all over it, I hope it’s the pastie faced Aberdeen manager. 😐

:lol:

Aye, Naisy needs a win. Could be the turning point. 🤞

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

As per usual with the three injured players you mention.

Silence.

Exactly as it should be - why should we be giving an advantage to our opponents by telling them who is fit or not in advance of a game. Fans may want to know, but it doesn’t really help the team disclosing that sort of information.

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

He was right though in a way as he was implying that we dont stick with our "best team" but keep rotating/juggling players around (testing things out) so that quite a few dont get any continuity or familiarity with each others play, therefore not instinctively picking up on where passes are going or where/when to make certain types of runs. (midfielders/wingers etc are picked by lucky dip....example centre of midfield where its the tea ladies turn this weekend) 

We had 9 games in 29 days, certain players couldn’t play all them, injuries to 9 players and a suspension too. We didn’t change that much, the back 4 barely changed, Shankland played every game, came off once? The 6 new signings did have to adapt quickly but that was because of how long it took to get them in, for whatever reason. The game has changed since JJ and BBs time. 

Not usually one for hyperbole but this is a massive game for both clubs and for both interims-given-the-job.

Could launch one season and further scuttle the other.

Go out and pump them Naisy!!  Solve the Gino-sized gap and get them done.

Exile fae Main Street

Must win game, even this early in the season, coming up from the Dark Side for this, my 1st in 10 years, opponents last time Aberdeen, result 3-0 Hearts Sutton2 and Novikovas. Hardly ever make matches now due to Health issues, have been a Subscriber since day one to salve my conscious a little bit..... btw how do home fan enter school end, is it via McLeod Street or is that only for away fans now?

30 minutes ago, BervieJambo said:

Exactly as it should be - why should we be giving an advantage to our opponents by telling them who is fit or not in advance of a game. Fans may want to know, but it doesn’t really help the team disclosing that sort of information.

Lets face it players talk and have friends at other teams so I am sure Aberdeen will have  a fair idea who is fit for Hearts and who is not.

But as I said I doubt they will be worrying about us more concentrating on ther own game.

So why can't Hearts update their won fans on our injured players.

Edited by wavydavy

Selkirkhmfc1874
11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Lets face it players talk and have friends at other teams so I am sure Aberdeen will have  a fair idea who is fit for Hearts and who is not.

But as I said I doubt they will be worrying about us more concentrating on ther own game.

It's strange and has been since the summer !! There's that mob accross other side of city announced manager this morning and hold a press conference, we announced Naismith change of title last week and a few words on website will do for the owners of the club

Just a pity that they will have had two weeks to recoup and that we're not playing them after yet another Euro drubbing.

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I don’t doubt any of that, but you wouldn’t invite Aberdeen coaches to your training sessions… 

You may disagree, but I prefer we kept all of our business in-house, informing the fans/press/opponents about injury status, etc only when we need to i.e. when the team lines are published an hour before kick-off. I don’t disagree that I am interested in what’s happening, but there’s lots of things I am interested in that I’ll never find out about. Ultimately, what benefit is there to the fans knowing who’s available or not?

33 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Must win game, even this early in the season, coming up from the Dark Side for this, my 1st in 10 years, opponents last time Aberdeen, result 3-0 Hearts Sutton2 and Novikovas. Hardly ever make matches now due to Health issues, have been a Subscriber since day one to salve my conscious a little bit..... btw how do home fan enter school end, is it via McLeod Street or is that only for away fans now?

Enter by Wheatfield (or Gorgie) end and walk round.  McLeod St will be for away fans only.

3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

The day I worry about home game against this diddy wee shower of sheep shite, is the day I give up.

What are you like with away games at Dundee and home games to Motherwell out of interest? 

Exile fae Main Street
37 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Enter by Wheatfield (or Gorgie) end and walk round.  McLeod St will be for away fans only.

Thanks Bud.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Lets hope you, and the rest of us, enjoy the day. 

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

I wish I could be optimistic but I can't manage it at the moment so I won't make any prediction.

Hope we play well.

Same, the confidence must be pretty low in the squad just now and need a good performance with a win .

We need a win. 

If we don't, then I think Naismith is ****ed. I think the saying goes, managers are only ever 3 losses away from the sack. Well we're on 4. 

I don't think failing to win will get him the bullet, our board are too slow off the mark for that. But October is looking a grim month. Need to be getting points on the board before the storm hits... 

17 minutes ago, OTT said:

We need a win. 

If we don't, then I think Naismith is ****ed. I think the saying goes, managers are only ever 3 losses away from the sack. Well we're on 4. 

I don't think failing to win will get him the bullet, our board are too slow off the mark for that. But October is looking a grim month. Need to be getting points on the board before the storm hits... 

Agree, a managers job is based on results. If we lose to Aberdeen and then Kilmarnock in the cup I think he will walk. Only my opinion of course.