*** official Heart Of Midlothian v Aberdeen match thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

1 minute ago, One five said:

Agree, a managers job is based on results. If we lose to Aberdeen and then Kilmarnock in the cup I think he will walk. Only my opinion of course.

I don't think he'll walk. Managers these days don't have the decency to admit when they can't turn things around - look at Levein. Think even with Cathro we had to pull the trigger ourselves. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Gizmo

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don't think he'll walk. Managers these days don't have the decency to admit when they can't turn things around - look at Levein. Think even with Cathro we had to pull the trigger ourselves. 

Possibly but who knows mate Naismith may walk before he is pushed. Hopefully a win on Saturday will hopefully steady the ship🤞

pettigrewsstylist

2 weeks further down the roadmap. If the same turgid dross is dished up then then writing is on the wall, and SN cant get sustained change from this lot.

No Mckay, going to hurt for this.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

12 hours ago, Sooks said:

Play Tagawa in front of Shankland and bring Boyce on for either of them when one has run his race

Yeah Tagawa has to start for me, desperately need his pace. Also needs a good run in the team

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yip 

He hasn't got the chops to give anyone in a non risk area of the pitch a run of games.

Which really is quite strange considering his own position and his own admission that it always took him time to get back to full match fitness moving clubs or after injury.

6 hours ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Must win game, even this early in the season, coming up from the Dark Side for this, my 1st in 10 years, opponents last time Aberdeen, result 3-0 Hearts Sutton2 and Novikovas. Hardly ever make matches now due to Health issues, have been a Subscriber since day one to salve my conscious a little bit..... btw how do home fan enter school end, is it via McLeod Street or is that only for away fans now?

Wheatfield only. 

They said you could use Gorgie entrance also but changed their annoying minds.   You have to show them your ticket as well after you're scanned in 😜 so people aren't sitting in the wrong stands. 

All the best to you.   All the best to Hearts as well.   Tough match. 

18 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

He hasn't got the chops to give anyone in a non risk area of the pitch a run of games.

Which really is quite strange considering his own position and his own admission that it always took him time to get back to full match fitness moving clubs or after injury.

I am basically just praying this bullshit has all been McAvoy and that Naismith will be a revelation ……………. It is all hope rather than expectation though . Who ever has been setting us up is totally shit at the the job . Feels like Stendel all over again 

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I am basically just praying this bullshit has all been McAvoy and that Naismith will be a revelation ……………. It is all hope rather than expectation though . Who ever has been setting us up is totally shit at the the job . Feels like Stendel all over again 

Feels like a very inexperienced manager who's not really got a Scooby about the finer details of the game, no real preparation, not interested in the opposition.

Its like a manager thats played at the highest level under some excellent coaches that had that extra motivation skill that is required at the top level.

That doesn't work at our level for me, its all about preparation and work-rate.

I see neither in our play, currently ☹️

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Any stats on Tagawa, compared to Vargas looking like a passenger to me thus far.

Other than missed opportunity against Saints, goal against Partick not seeing what everyone else has. 

Disappeared against Motherwell after he missed a sitter. 

Plenty time for him to flourish, doubt it will be this week 

1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Any stats on Tagawa, compared to Vargas looking like a passenger to me thus far.

Other than missed opportunity against Saints, goal against Partick not seeing what everyone else has. 

I dont think he has been used well so far in fairness. 

Could also say that about 99% of the team.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

I dont think he has been used well so far in fairness. 

Could also say that about 99% of the team.

Which could be a consequence of 9 games in 29 days a lack of continuity. 

Seems to be an issue for quite a few teams with a bit of turnover and intense fixture list. 

I remain to be convinced in truth. Seen more in Niuewenhof to be honest, takes it on half turn brave gets involved yet he appears to be branded dud because he has an injury. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Not much to get excited about so far, but he's not actually played many minutes yet and I think he's the type of striker who wants to run in behind rather than dropping deep and getting involved in build-up or crafting opportunities. A budget Kyogo maybe.

Not sure we know how to use him or if he's suited to what we need.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Not much to get excited about so far, but he's not actually played many minutes yet and I think he's the type of striker who wants to run in behind rather than dropping deep and getting involved in build-up or crafting opportunities. A budget Kyogo maybe.

I think your last sentence is on the mark. 

Until we do find out, I'd stick to what we do know works for a game as important as this one 

Aberdeen won't sit in and play on the break like Killie and Motherwell. That will suit us as we aren't great at breaking teams down. Should be more space to attack but likely to be lots of chances at both ends.

Scoring the first goal is going to be vital as our home "support" doesn't seem to realise that booing our players when they go a goal down is counterproductive.

Not realistic to expect the team to have gelled over the international break given that at least eight of our regular starters have been away with their countries: Clark, Atkinson, Rowles, Devlin, Vargas, Oda, Lowry, Shankland.

Looking forward to a good game. A win would be massive to get the season kick started. 2-0 Hearts. Kent to finally get a header on target and Shankland.

Ricardo Quaresma
14 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Has there been any update on MacKay's injury?

What is the situation with Haring and Beni ?

Don't like this silence from the club. Just be upfront and honest with the fans.

Had to laugh when I saw a headline where Billy Brown said our problem was our squad was too big making it difficult to pick our best team.

I would say our squad is relatively big due to the number of injuries we keep getting.

Here we are with a big squad and only one RWB.

We really need a win here to get us back on track but I am not confident.

Distinctly remember a news article stating JJ liked a big squad as there were 31 players in it :lol:

BB was there too, obvs

9 hours ago, DC_92 said:

Same age old boring debate over the last few weeks, imo…..no probing midfield providing decent service. 

Forced out wide in which our wingers are smothered and have too much work to do to get the ball into the box.  

Whether or not he deserves a chance is up for debate, but as said, he’s not really had continuity.  Id like to see pace off Shankland instead of Boyce. 

Our game has slowed down because Boyce isn’t overly mobile and Shanks keeps doing his Harry Kane by dropping in. 

Crazy we're only 4 league games played and already the manager has a must win game to probably save his job.

If the same Hearts turn up that have every other league game, we won't win. Huge improvement in all areas needed.

10 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Aberdeen won't sit in and play on the break like Killie and Motherwell. That will suit us as we aren't great at breaking teams down. Should be more space to attack but likely to be lots of chances at both ends.

Scoring the first goal is going to be vital as our home "support" doesn't seem to realise that booing our players when they go a goal down is counterproductive.

Not realistic to expect the team to have gelled over the international break given that at least eight of our regular starters have been away with their countries: Clark, Atkinson, Rowles, Devlin, Vargas, Oda, Lowry, Shankland.

Looking forward to a good game. A win would be massive to get the season kick started. 2-0 Hearts. Kent to finally get a header on target and Shankland.

Doesn’t help that five of those eight players have been dragged all over the world without even kicking a ball. 

We_are_the_Hearts
25 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Hearing another long term injury to one of our key players.

FFS we are having no luck 

We only have 2 key players, Shanks and Kent.

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, DC_92 said:

We use him the same way we used Ginnelly, Boyce and Shankland doesn’t work. 

2 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

We only have 2 key players, Shanks and Kent.

Well we better hope it’s no one of those two 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Same age old boring debate over the last few weeks, imo…..no probing midfield providing decent service. 

Forced out wide in which our wingers are smothered and have too much work to do to get the ball into the box.  

Whether or not he deserves a chance is up for debate, but as said, he’s not really had continuity.  Id like to see pace off Shankland instead of Boyce. 

Our game has slowed down because Boyce isn’t overly mobile and Shanks keeps doing his Harry Kane by dropping in. 

Spot on

28 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

I’ll take a guess at Mackay since we’ve not heard anything since he limped off

We never hear anything about our injured players.

McKay, Beni, Hoff.

1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Hearing another long term injury to one of our key players.

FFS we are having no luck 

Barrie McKay?

14 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Both under immense pressure if they do. 

I do not think Naismith will be under any pressure unfortunately, our board have shown that they do not act with any urgency when things on the park are not up to standard.

4 minutes ago, suds66 said:

I do not think Naismith will be under any pressure unfortunately, our board have shown that they do not act with any urgency when things on the park are not up to standard.

A wee bit of paint on the plaza is all that's needed to make the board throw their toys out the pram. The fans will make sure he's punted, when the time comes.

Don't know why but I think we'll come out the traps on Saturday. Big game and I have a feeling it will be a big performance. Pump them and let's kick on from there. 

This could be the game which decides whether we go one way or the other. Lose and we will really toil to get out of the slump, win and I reckon we'll go on a good run and climb back up the table pronto. 

Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

A wee bit of paint on the plaza is all that's needed to make the board throw their toys out the pram. The fans will make sure he's punted, when the time comes.

Not sure if apathy has set in with a lot of supporters, many just accepting that this is how it is and what's the point.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Don't know why but I think we'll come out the traps on Saturday. Big game and I have a feeling it will be a big performance. Pump them and let's kick on from there. 

This could be the game which decides whether we go one way or the other. Lose and we will really toil to get out of the slump, win and I reckon we'll go on a good run and climb back up the table pronto. 

Lets hope so 🤞

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Maybe more shots from the 18 yard line, when able, tbf the motherwell keeper had a good game.

I thought his kicking was a real difference, quick hard and low which is the modern way, not take an age and punt it high which is easy for most defenders, except a few of ours obviously. 

14 minutes ago, Chimp said:

What about a draw? 🙃

Opinionated Jambo

Aberdeen without a win this season so I can't se them sitting back much as they know defensively under pressure we haven't been too comfortable this season. I think as the home side and looking for our first win in the league this season we wont be sitting back either. Naismith promised this brand of attacking football etc so I expect to see it vs Aberdeen.

Keeping on the 'positive train' I am going for Hearts 2-1 Aberdeen I do think both defences are a bit shaky and both teams will be going for the win as both need one badly.

Dont think Aberdeen will sit in the way Killie and Motherwell did. This could help us find more space in attacking areas.

Hoping we have worked on set pieces (corners in particular) - keep the crosses away from the keeper, try some different set ups, stop making it so easy to defend against !

11 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

What about a draw? 🙃

Will probably still feel like a defeat at this stage. The reaction to it certainly will anyway and won't help relieve any pressure on Naismith

We will beat Aberdeen, cue total over reaction, predictions of 5-0 victories against St. Mirren and Kilmarnock 

we are not winning in Paisley and Kilmarnock, beating Aberdeen on Saturday will not change that, this group of players don’t have the balls.

changing Naismith will not change the mental fragility of this squad 

11 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Distinctly remember a news article stating JJ liked a big squad as there were 31 players in it :lol:

BB was there too, obvs

🤣