What are the positives?

No Idle Talk

periodictabledancer
3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Quite interested by people who stopped contributing, not because it should start a fight but the reasons why. Because of club management or because the takeover is done so mission accomplished?

Don’t answer this if you’d rather not 

It came on the back of the Levein debacle and a decent debate on here regarding what was FoH about, what did the future mean for FoH once it assumed ownership and what was it doing on the board in terms of representing the best interests of its members. I remember having a read through the website with those questions in mind : there was virtually nothing. Their website was worthless and I don't recall their emails being very meaningfull.

The tipping point was the belated admission that the "football department" hadn't received the attention it warranted and I really questioned what the FoH reps on the board had been doing during that crisis. People can draw their own conclusions - I certainly drew mine. Frankly, if I want to give money to the club I'll set up a direct debit , I see little purpose in doing it through FoH (or I did then).

Maybe the new guys and the passage of time has brought about some introspection about what FoH is (I'm not going to get into a debate on this with anyone who asks) and its purpose going forward. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• pointon

• No Idle Talk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Ok so things are not good just now. We can all agree on that. We have numerous threads on where things are going wrong - everything from Ann Budge to the formation we play has been covered - so let's try and turn things on their head a little bit.

What are the positives at Hearts just now? What are the things we can hang our hat on and say "that is good. We can use that to get things going in the right direction again"?

I am struggling more than I would like to come up with things but here is a short list of things I see:

Continued FOH contributions

The club is in a good spot financially

Emergence of the Gorgie Ultras

Attendances are holding steady which shows the fans are still buying in and want to get behind the team

We still have Lawrence Shankland

Frankie Kent has been a good signing

We are still in the League Cup

I am struggling to get far beyond that at the moment. Hopefully you guys can provide me with a few more reasons to be optimistic.

Let's hear them..........

16 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

By and large we have a good squad of players.   So unlike the recent past we don't need to go out and sign 10 players.  What we are doing with the current squad is the problem.

I think we have a number of good players within the squad - and I don’t think it is too hard to figure out a way to use them properly. 

Kent, Cochrane, Devlin, Shankland are all quality. 

Boyce is a good player - if deployed correctly. 

Atkinson on his best form is an asset if used correctly. As is Oda. 

Vargas looks very promising. 

Rowles is very Off Form, but i feel good coaching and a dedicated training plan could get him back on course. I also believe Toby could do well for us if managed correctly and in the correct system. 

Then we have Beni, Halkett and Gordon who were three of, if not the three best players in the team pre injury. Aware the is is a very jam (tarts?) tomorrow argument though. 

I think a change to the system and/or approach and the same squad looks a lot better. 

and my counterbalancing reservations are for another thread. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

It came on the back of the Levein debacle and a decent debate on here regarding what was FoH about, what did the future mean for FoH once it assumed ownership and what was it doing on the board in terms of representing the best interests of its members. I remember having a read through the website with those questions in mind : there was virtually nothing. Their website was worthless and I don't recall their emails being very meaningfull.

The tipping point was the belated admission that the "football department" hadn't received the attention it warranted and I really questioned what the FoH reps on the board had been doing during that crisis. People can draw their own conclusions - I certainly drew mine. Frankly, if I want to give money to the club I'll set up a direct debit , I see little purpose in doing it through FoH (or I did then).

Maybe the new guys and the passage of time has brought about some introspection about what FoH is (I'm not going to get into a debate on this with anyone who asks) and its purpose going forward. 

Cheers.

I think this is a fair point of view. I stopped after Brora because I was well past the point of thinking Budge was taking the piss and even though I started them up again pretty rapidly, I don’t feel like the pledges are making any competitive difference. Budge is lucky that many of us are just in the habit of paying and she’s got an extra £140k to waste each month 

13 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Myth

Fantastic well thought out counter argument.  You must have spent hours on the wording.

13 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Myth

I actually agree with TA. OK we need 1 or 2 midfielders & a centre half to replace Halks but on the whole it's a decent squad. Its what goes on in training that is concerning. It seems obvious that we don't practice free kicks and corners. Or defending them for that matter. 

27 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I actually agree with TA. OK we need 1 or 2 midfielders & a centre half to replace Halks but on the whole it's a decent squad. Its what goes on in training that is concerning. It seems obvious that we don't practice free kicks and corners. Or defending them for that matter. 

I think we have a very good squad that would be excellent but for a couple of injured players . I do not think this is a recruitment problem either 

The biggest positive for me is that i'm away on holiday next week so will miss seeing the free flowing football served up by us and Aberdeen

TweedbankJambo
13 hours ago, Korky said:

Following the break, Haring will have turned into Paul Hartley, Devlin will have turned into Andrea Pirlo and Rowles will have turned into Sergio Ramos.

MAGIC 🪄

I hope you're right 😂

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think we have a very good squad that would be excellent but for a couple of injured players . I do not think this is a recruitment problem either 

Correct, the only thing thats missing is a manager, i mean manager as well.

A manager must be in full control of the playing side of the club.

A manager that gets the best out of the players is the bare minimum, a manager that betters the players is probably out our reach currently though.

This squad is more than capable of 3rd and should be pushing for 2nd.

I dont for a second believe that Naismith is in full control. Yet.