What are the positives?

No Idle Talk

lost in space
7 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I read somewhere recently that there is some evidence that hybrid pitches see more injuries than grass pitches. Perhaps something the club should have a wee look into given the horrific time we have had with injuries over the last two years. 

There may be nothing in it of course. 

Interesting and would explain a lot. Thanks.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• pointon

• No Idle Talk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

The positives are all off the pitch I'm afraid!! Stadium looking tremendous, pitch looking great , finances best they've ever been

Exactly this unfortuantely.

30 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I read somewhere recently that there is some evidence that hybrid pitches see more injuries than grass pitches. Perhaps something the club should have a wee look into given the horrific time we have had with injuries over the last two years. 

There may be nothing in it of course. 

Steve Clarke took the Scotland Squad away from The Oriam for fear of getting players injured and that's where we train all the time.

Maybe there is something in that as well.

Bazzas right boot

3rd and 4th last 2 seasons setting us up for our best consecutive league finishes in 50 years.

Beat Rosenborg.

Progress in lc

3 shut outs in 5 games domestically. 

This is My Story Podcast
37 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

A valiant effort there, Corbett. 😂

You are of course correct about the club. As for having the players.........I am beginning to wonder about that. There are a few in that dressing room who I would like to see more from in the next few weeks before I will be completely convinced that they are going to cut it at Hearts.

I tried haha. 

Yeah folk need to step up. Loads too happy to hide when things go wrong. I am utterly convinced an experienced manager gets the best out this group of players. I hope and pray we see a reaction and performance come next Saturday. If we lose or draw, things will go into hyper drive. 

GorgieFifeLife
4 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

By and large we have a good squad of players.   So unlike the recent past we don't need to go out and sign 10 players.  What we are doing with the current squad is the problem.

Myth

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The women's team is getting better and better and they wind up the dinosaurs in our support.

Wonder what the process was for bringing Eva to the club? Seems very highly regarded.

Need to go: 

Budge and her family getting gigs from her.

mckinley.

baldy joe.

all coaching staff. 

women’s team.
rowles.

atkinson. 

Make Gorgie great again 🇱🇻

41 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

More people starting to see what a ***** Budge is

:pleasing:

Not really . You are making it obvious that you are , but most people are not so stupid to think Budge is anything other than a very positive part of our club 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not really . You are making it obvious that you are , but most people are not so stupid to think Budge is anything other than a very positive part of our club 

IMG_3420.webp

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

IMG_3420.webp

Yeah good one mate

Have you emailed the FoH with your membership details or the club with your member number and raised these concerns ? Surely if as you suggest there is some kind of groundswell of agreement from season ticket holders and FoH contributors then this will be addressed soon ………….

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah good one mate

Have you emailed the FoH with your membership details or the club with your member number and raised these concerns ? Surely if as you suggest there is some kind of groundswell of agreement from season ticket holders and FoH contributors then this will be addressed soon ………….

I emailed FOH three times after our relegation/demotion to ask how they were registering concerns about the management of the club. Didn’t get a reply to any of them, which I must say came as a huge surprise. Should have asked about tie pins.

As for emailing the club, you know and I know that all points will be directed to a brick wall. They can’t even give details of McKay’s injury in the space of a fortnight. I’d be as well writing to North Korea.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I emailed FOH three times after our relegation/demotion to ask how they were registering concerns about the management of the club. Didn’t get a reply to any of them, which I must say came as a huge surprise. Should have asked about tie pins.

As for emailing the club, you know and I know that all points will be directed to a brick wall. They can’t even give details of McKay’s injury in the space of a fortnight. I’d be as well writing to North Korea.

Oh right . Weirdly every time I have emailed the club and or FoH I always get a reply . Can you copy and paste what you sent them . A fresh pair of eyes and all that jazz

4 hours ago, TweedbankJambo said:

Its the international break and we'll be busy working on a plan of action and all will be well. 

Positivity. 

Following the break, Haring will have turned into Paul Hartley, Devlin will have turned into Andrea Pirlo and Rowles will have turned into Sergio Ramos.

MAGIC 🪄

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh right . Weirdly every time I have emailed the club and or FoH I always get a reply . Can you copy and paste what you sent them . A fresh pair of eyes and all that jazz

Let me have a look, will need to dig back through sent items 

Have other people emailed them besides @Dusk_Till_Dawn? It seems to me that if that many season ticket holders and FoH subscribers feel this way then it would be impossible to ignore ………….. show of hands ………..

Let me have a look, will need to dig back through sent items 

No rush mate . At least you have put your name where your money is . I assume you put your member number and FoH details on it ? Otherwise they could just think you were a random Hibs wank trying to cause bother or something 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Sooks said:

No rush mate . At least you have put your name where your money is . I assume you put your member number and FoH details on it ? Otherwise they could just think you were a random Hibs wank trying to cause bother or something 

I did. I’m quite happy to admit that I stop donations after the Brora debacle, although I restarted them at the beginning of the next season because I don’t actually want to deprive the club of money (although to be perfectly honest, we can easily be this bang average without 140k of pledges a month)

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

i wasn’t a twat in the emails either, not like I am on here. I just basically asked, does FOH have confidence in Budge/the board, can you explain why and are you raising concerns about the management of the club?

I didn’t expect them to answer questions like that tbh but in a lot of ways, that’s part of the problem. No-one does.

periodictabledancer

i wasn’t a twat in the emails either, not like I am on here. I just basically asked, does FOH have confidence in Budge/the board, can you explain why and are you raising concerns about the management of the club?

I didn’t expect them to answer questions like that tbh but in a lot of ways, that’s part of the problem. No-one does.

I'm no longer a contributor but any chance you could ask them - did they support the appointment of SN and if so, why ?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, periodictabledancer said:

I'm no longer a contributor but any chance you could ask them - did they support the appointment of SN and if so, why ?

no, no, these were emails from 2020. I haven’t emailed them recently, nor do I intend to 

I did. I’m quite happy to admit that I stop donations after the Brora debacle, although I restarted them at the beginning of the next season because I don’t actually want to deprive the club of money (although to be perfectly honest, we can easily be this bang average without 140k of pledges a month)

So you contacted FoH and the club , or just FoH and expressed your concerns and they just ignored you ? I find that hard to believe , because I have always had a reply . You have seen my grammar and punctuation as well . We’re you abusive or anything 

periodictabledancer

no, no, these were emails from 2020. I haven’t emailed them recently, nor do I intend to 

OK, my bad.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Sooks said:

So you contacted FoH and the club , or just FoH and expressed your concerns and they just ignored you ? I find that hard to believe , because I have always had a reply . You have seen my grammar and punctuation as well . We’re you abusive or anything 

Just FOH, not the club. And no I wasn’t abusive (I don’t think :lol:) but it was three and a half years ago. I hope not anyway

It was Covid. Maybe they just didn’t have the admin. I don’t know.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Quite interested by people who stopped contributing, not because it should start a fight but the reasons why. Because of club management or because the takeover is done so mission accomplished?

Don’t answer this if you’d rather not 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

Steak pies are pretty decent. 

Na, bring back the Hearty pies, everyone raved about them and they were awarded best pie above killie pies, even

Open and shut case

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, Colquhoun76 said:

While we're going through a rough patch...our main rivals (for third) aren't doing any better....

Top answer, can lock the thread now, tbh

Rather lock a number of other threads, though, tbh

3 hours ago, Colquhoun76 said:

While we're going through a rough patch...our main rivals (for third) aren't doing any better....

Maybe they aren't our main rivals for 3rd.

Mind blown gif 7 » GIF Images Download

Psychedelicropcircle

Some of the 7k waiting list will be saying **** that I’m not watching this shite therefore benefiting me getting a ST quicker to watch said shite👍

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Have other people emailed them besides @Dusk_Till_Dawn? It seems to me that if that many season ticket holders and FoH subscribers feel this way then it would be impossible to ignore ………….. show of hands ………..

54 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Quite interested by people who stopped contributing, not because it should start a fight but the reasons why. Because of club management or because the takeover is done so mission accomplished?

Don’t answer this if you’d rather not 

Not much of a response to these two posts . Has any one emailed either of them with their details and expressed their concerns ? Any replies 

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not much of a response to these two posts . Has any one emailed either of them with their details and expressed their concerns ? Any replies 

Nope

Really struggling to see any on field positives.

We are slow in possession, have little idea what to do with the ball when we get it, don't start trying/playing until 60-70mins, struggle to break teams down (even when they have 10men) and chances are few and far between.

I can only hope that changes going forward or the pitch forks will come out after any loss.

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The Bowling Club Committee are back in town.

Budge castrated FOH from day 1.