What are the positives?

No Idle Talk

Ok so things are not good just now. We can all agree on that. We have numerous threads on where things are going wrong - everything from Ann Budge to the formation we play has been covered - so let's try and turn things on their head a little bit.

What are the positives at Hearts just now? What are the things we can hang our hat on and say "that is good. We can use that to get things going in the right direction again"?

I am struggling more than I would like to come up with things but here is a short list of things I see:

Continued FOH contributions

The club is in a good spot financially

Emergence of the Gorgie Ultras

Attendances are holding steady which shows the fans are still buying in and want to get behind the team

We still have Lawrence Shankland

Frankie Kent has been a good signing

We are still in the League Cup

I am struggling to get far beyond that at the moment. Hopefully you guys can provide me with a few more reasons to be optimistic.

Let's hear them..........

Edited by No Idle Talk

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• pointon

• No Idle Talk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By and large we have a good squad of players.   So unlike the recent past we don't need to go out and sign 10 players.  What we are doing with the current squad is the problem.

Edited by TexasAndy

3 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Ok so things are not good just now. We can all agree on that. We have numerous threads on where things are going wrong - everything from Ann Budge to the formation we play has been covered - so let's try and turn things on their head a little bit.

What are the positives at Hearts just now? What are the things we can hang our hat on and say "that is good. We can use that to get things going in the right direction again"?

I am struggling more than I would like to come up with things but here is a short list of things I see:

Attendances are holding steady which shows the fans are still buying in and want to get behind the team

I am struggling to get far beyond that at the moment. Hopefully you guys can provide me with a few more reasons to be optimistic.

Craig Gordon on the mend.

Still in the League Cup and it's September.

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Craig Gordon on the mend.

Still in the League Cup and it's September.

I did intend to put the League Cup in there but forgot until just after I posted. haha

Yes, that is a positive. 🙂

9 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

I like the macaroni pies...

Ooft. The kebab pie mob will be along shortly to lynch you for that one.

B team doing pretty well. Seems some decent prospects. 

We've usually about 20 players injured by this time and it's still less than half of that.

We're not Hibs.

I've cheered up already.

Only four matches in and plenty time to get things turned around. New players, formation changes, Europe etc all a challenge. Next four games we need to see evidence of a system, improved individual and team performance and points on the board. The weather is great this week 

56 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I think exiting the league Cup at Kilmarnock would be the final straw....

29 minutes ago, Andyp1874 said:

The 3rd strip is lovely 

Not back into the club shop until December.

Not all off pitch activities are on the ball. 😏

17 minutes ago, Lightbulb said:

Only four matches in and plenty time to get things turned around. New players, formation changes, Europe etc all a challenge. Next four games we need to see evidence of a system, improved individual and team performance and points on the board. The weather is great this week 

Banned !!

All the above are about off the field activities but what concerns most/all of us is the product on the field. Doesn't seem to be any positives there unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, Lightbulb said:

Why do we need to wait 8 matches into the new season to see “evidence of a system”and “improved team performance”?

9 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Why do we need to wait 8 matches into the new season to see “evidence of a system”and “improved team performance”?

Jings, we'll go through some amount of managers if we're giving them less than 8 league matches before sacking them.

lost in space
47 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

The positives are all off the pitch I'm afraid!! Stadium looking tremendous, pitch looking great , finances best they've ever been

THE PITCH -  it is a positive. Looks great. 

Vargas looks like a player

Nieuwenhof will be fine once he gets a chance to settle

We still have our first 20+ goal striker since Robbo on the squad

A lot of the players who are currently playing badly have played much better at some point in the last 18 months so presumably they could do it again

1 hour ago, pointon said:

Hotel scheduled to be open in 2032 barring complications 

Maybe they’ll forget to order the beds. 

42 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Jings, we'll go through some amount of managers if we're giving them less than 8 league matches before sacking them.

Read what I said.

Portable Badger

Women's team progressing well

B Team performing better so far this season

Few of our 'academy gems' signed new contracts with us rather than move elsewhere

2-3 B players edging closer to First team involvement

3 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Kebab pies are scrumptious yum yum

This is My Story Podcast

The biggest positive is a positive the current board gave us and something that shouldn’t be forgotten………we have a club to be annoyed at. Yeah that doesn’t mean we ignore all the bad stuff they’ve done and are doing but they’ve gave us a club to be annoyed at. They’ve gave us a club to be annoyed at, at our spiritual home with record season ticket sales and waiting lists. 

The biggest positive for me is that we are now in a position where we can actually effect change within our club. We can have a say in its future. We can all remember the days of feeling hopeless and helpless listening to the club exploring moving away from tynie, the administrators closing in, the possibility of death on the horizon. Now, we can air our frustrations to the FOH and have them air it with the board. We can protest if so required. We can go to AGM’s, we can vote in the FoH elections. That’s a massive positive for me. 

We can also fix the issue on the park. It’s 4 games into the season. Things can change quickly. We have the squad. We have the players. The club will understand that if next Saturday doesn’t yield us the result we want and give us the performance we need, then we’ll be advertising for a manager not long after. 

Football is great for how quickly things can change. 

………..there I tried my best to be positive hahaha look out for my tweets about protests and gatherings 😂😂 pitch forks at the ready. 

Everything except first team results 

23 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

The biggest positive is a positive the current board gave us and something that shouldn’t be forgotten………we have a club to be annoyed at. Yeah that doesn’t mean we ignore all the bad stuff they’ve done and are doing but they’ve gave us a club to be annoyed at. They’ve gave us a club to be annoyed at, at our spiritual home with record season ticket sales and waiting lists. 

The biggest positive for me is that we are now in a position where we can actually effect change within our club. We can have a say in its future. We can all remember the days of feeling hopeless and helpless listening to the club exploring moving away from tynie, the administrators closing in, the possibility of death on the horizon. Now, we can air our frustrations to the FOH and have them air it with the board. We can protest if so required. We can go to AGM’s, we can vote in the FoH elections. That’s a massive positive for me. 

We can also fix the issue on the park. It’s 4 games into the season. Things can change quickly. We have the squad. We have the players. The club will understand that if next Saturday doesn’t yield us the result we want and give us the performance we need, then we’ll be advertising for a manager not long after. 

………..there I tried my best to be positive hahaha look out for my tweets about protests and gatherings 😂😂 pitch forks at the ready. 

Good post

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, pointon said:

Hotel scheduled to be open in 2032 barring complications 

The General Manager is just along the corridor.

2 hours ago, lost in space said:

THE PITCH -  it is a positive. Looks great. 

I read somewhere recently that there is some evidence that hybrid pitches see more injuries than grass pitches. Perhaps something the club should have a wee look into given the horrific time we have had with injuries over the last two years. 

There may be nothing in it of course. 

4 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Jimmy Brydon is not a coach or too old to be a player 

Only positive I see 

34 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

A valiant effort there, Corbett. 😂

You are of course correct about the club. As for having the players.........I am beginning to wonder about that. There are a few in that dressing room who I would like to see more from in the next few weeks before I will be completely convinced that they are going to cut it at Hearts.