Should Steven Naismith be sacked? ( merged )

David McCaig

Should Steven Naismith be Sacked?  

956 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steven Naismith be Sacked?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Sir PH said:

We were discussing his record against Celtic. It is horrific, no matter how anybody tries to spin it. 

As I said, only a rabid dafty would use that as any sort of argument against him.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Pasquale for King

• kingantti1874

33 minutes ago, Holtie said:

The very reason I was supportive of the appointment of Naismith is the thought of McInnes, Robinson or one of the “usual suspects” on the Scottish Football Managers roundabout is beyond depressing! The problem we have is that if we ‘push the boat out” and hire a top manager, he would want ( demand)a budget for player acquisition that we simply don’t have….and never will! So we are left scrambling about the lower legions looking for someone like Jim Jeffries , who just might just make the step up and take our club forward. Naismith is a winner and, given time, might be a good manager. With hindsight he would have been better starting his managerial career at Ayr Utd or Dunfermline and then moving back to us, but he’s here so let’s give him a chance.

You do realise Naismith has literally just clambered on to that roundabout 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

As I said, only a rabid dafty would use that as any sort of argument against him.

Ok. His record against Celtic is fantastic.😁

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

That's probably par for the course for most. I don't think it means much tbh. 

Our first goal is being better than everyone else consistently. We're 4-5 European group stage qualifications from getting near either of the OF. 

Screenshot_2023-10-24-18-12-39-782_com.android.chrome-edit.thumb.jpg.34c7a773519bdb519f2599bb788877d8.jpg

His record v the OF is probably better than ours as a club. 

Yes, he has won 14 out of 84 matches against the OF.  We have won 11 of our last 84 against them and three of those were when Rangers were not a top league club.  

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Yes, he has won 14 out of 84 matches against the OF.  We have won 11 of our last 84 against them and three of those were when Rangers were not a top league club.  

👍 Thought as much. 

Stephen Robinsons

Screenshot_2023-10-24-19-46-58-427_com.android.chrome-edit.thumb.jpg.75c65280df57c37c60fbfd0e40ce872c.jpg

Robbie's

Screenshot_2023-10-24-19-50-11-725_com.android.chrome-edit.thumb.jpg.1afd517cf372a40aebb2fc2e05616727.jpg

:interehjrling:

McKinley should be getting in his Jag across to Ayrshire at first light tomorrow. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Holtie said:

The very reason I was supportive of the appointment of Naismith is the thought of McInnes, Robinson or one of the “usual suspects” on the Scottish Football Managers roundabout is beyond depressing! The problem we have is that if we ‘push the boat out” and hire a top manager, he would want ( demand)a budget for player acquisition that we simply don’t have….and never will! So we are left scrambling about the lower legions looking for someone like Jim Jeffries , who just might just make the step up and take our club forward. Naismith is a winner and, given time, might be a good manager. With hindsight he would have been better starting his managerial career at Ayr Utd or Dunfermline and then moving back to us, but he’s here so let’s give him a chance.

Would have been in total agreement with you but bitterly disappointed in my own judgement tbh.

No idea what we are about, not seeing anything that looks remotely progressive 

Ex member of the SaS

Said it before and worth looking at again. We are fan owned NOT fan run, but as owners surely we should have more representation on the board.

Or perhaps some way to let the board know we are not happy. Not every fan comes on here so a consensus of views is not good enough, but how about for an example have voting papers on seats with the main points listed and collection boxes at the exits.

Should SN stay as manager  yes/no etc. for example.

As fans we can't have a say on tactics or team selections as that would be stupid, but there has to be a way for the fans to let the board know we are not happy  and there does not appear be be any way to do this. Maybe someone smarter than me can come up with a better solution.

Not attending or stopping contributions only hurts the club.

We_are_the_Hearts
53 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Said it before and worth looking at again. We are fan owned NOT fan run, but as owners surely we should have more representation on the board.

Or perhaps some way to let the board know we are not happy. Not every fan comes on here so a consensus of views is not good enough, but how about for an example have voting papers on seats with the main points listed and collection boxes at the exits.

As fans we can't have a say on tactics or team selections as that would be stupid, but there has to be a way for the fans to let the board know we are not happy  and there does not appear be be any way to do this. Maybe someone smarter than me can come up with a better solution.

There are some fans that want the manager sacked after every defeat. It wouldn't work.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

There are some fans that want the manager sacked after every defeat. It wouldn't work.

How do you know until we try it!

Get a cumalotor type salary for motivation.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

**** no.

The board, mgt and players won't be happy either.

The results, the boos, social media, folk leaving early.

The board know " we're " unhappy ffs, they just aren't going to sack everyone. 

You don't need a fan on the board to tell them we're unhappy or happy for that matter.

It's ****ing obvious. 

11 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Maybe the next managerial appointment should be based on merit rather than someone else being found down the corridor or being Budges little pet.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Maybe the next managerial appointment should be based on merit rather than someone else being found down the corridor or being Budges little pet.

this

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

If it was based on merit, I'm not convinced  you'd like who would be near or at the top of the list.

Managed a club our Size

Has had teams in European places and 3rd place finishes under his belt

Maybe Young and hungry

Knows our club, maybe even a PHM, Hates the hibs.

:levein_interesting:

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If it was based on merit, I'm not convinced  you'd like who would be near or at the top of the list.

Managed a club our Size

Maybe Young and hungry

Which stage would you say you're in Tosh? Anger maybe? 

The five stages of acceptance – denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance 

18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Managed a club our Size

Maybe Young and hungry

Get in there! It must be at least two days since you mentioned that Robbie got us to 3rd place. 

The Real Maroonblood
49 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Get in there! It must be at least two days since you mentioned that Robbie got us to 3rd place. 

:rofl:

59 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Get in there! It must be at least two minutes since you mentioned that Robbie got us to 3rd place. 

FTFY   :greggy:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

BOAB SNORESON’S GREATEST HITS

1 - Annihilating the Championship 14/15

2 - Bottling against Hibs and then describing a replay he lost as “money spinning”

3 - losing a Scottish Cup tie to a fisherman’s village with a population of 1,200 and an average attendance of 73.

Club legend.

31 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

2 - Bottling against Hibs and then describing a replay he lost as “money spinning”

3 - losing a Scottish Cup tie to a fisherman’s village with a population of 1,200 and an average attendance of 73.

Club legend.

Not laying a glove on a Rangers team that were dead on their feet after playing 120 minutes in a European final in searing heat, three days previously. 

I'll judge Naismith on what i see Naismith doing rather than attempting to compare with previous managers.

Its not great, its not showing signs of improvement and more importantly for me, I'm seeing nothing new from week to week to suggest they do much during the week in training to prepare for the opposition. The inclusion of Cochrane against the best winger/cheat in the league against Celtic, was amatuerish at best.

Of course he doesn't warrant the Spanish archer just yet, but he will not last much longer if he doesn't figure out a method and system to start winning games.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

I'll judge him at the end of the season. 

Hopefully not hear from you for another 7 months then!

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Having ti acknowledge his 2rd place finishes really winds you up, eh?

Imagine how gutted you'd be if we had scored them 2 penalties!

15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Having ti acknowledge his 2rd place finishes really winds you up, eh?

Imagine how gutted you'd be if we had scored them 2 penalties!

2rd? 🤔

Ex member of the SaS
4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

**** no.

The board, mgt and players won't be happy either.

The results, the boos, social media, folk leaving early.

The board know " we're " unhappy ffs, they just aren't going to sack everyone. 

You don't need a fan on the board to tell them we're unhappy or happy for that matter.

It's ****ing obvious. 

If it's so ***** obvious to the board why are they not acting? The board have to know we are the owners so why are they not listening? You seem to know EVERYTHING so tell us why.

On 23/10/2023 at 15:55, Luckies1874 said:

There comes a time whereby you need to push the boat out for such a key position at the club. This is especially true when you routinely **** up the appointments and have a tragic track record. The additional money spent can also be recouped by having a better and more successful side on the park. Yesterday's crowd was an example of lost revenue. The cost of a more high profile manager might be an additional 4 or 500k a year which becomes far less relevant if that manager then doesn't waste the huge open goal opportunity of group stage European football or lose Scottish Cup matches to shite like Hibernian in 2016 and Brora in 2021. It would also be sensible to give more money to a better coach than add 2 mediocre squad players that don't improve us one iota, as has happened so many times over the last decade. 

Don't disagree with any of this 

Cruickie's Moustache
2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

I'll judge Naismith on what i see Naismith doing rather than attempting to compare with previous managers.

Its not great, its not showing signs of improvement and more importantly for me, I'm seeing nothing new from week to week to suggest they do much during the week in training to prepare for the opposition. The inclusion of Cochrane against the best winger/cheat in the league against Celtic, was amatuerish at best.

Of course he doesn't warrant the Spanish archer just yet, but he will not last much longer if he doesn't figure out a method and system to start winning games.

I'm with you in that Naismith needs to make his own mark but it is worrying we are not seeing much improvement.

The issue with Cochrane on Sunday is who else could have filled that role.

The only person who has played at LB is Halliday.

Other than that do you put Rowles on the left. Only trouble with that is you expose the centre of defense (Offiah) to Kyogo.

Given he has been up against Maeda a few times now can't believe that Cochrane was, once again, consistently getting caught on the wrong side when balls floated up the wing. The lead up to the penalty incident looked like a replay from last season.

I'm sure after last season this was worked on but he doesn't seem to have altered his approach.

I sometimes think some of our players must be a thick as mince as they seem incapable of upping their game and we keep making the same mistakes that even an U12s coach would be highlighting  in sessions, again and again.

1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

2rd? 🤔

I read that as 'turd'

perhaps a description of our team in Neilsen's last games before getting the sack :)

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

If it's so ***** obvious to the board why are they not acting? The board have to know we are the owners so why are they not listening? You seem to know EVERYTHING so tell us why.

Acting or sacking?

Listening to what?

Incoherently babble about things being  shite for years and things being cozy?

They'll ignore that, it just not true.

Acting on Naismiths poor start,  no doubt they'll be discussions but unfortunately for the "awbody oot" gang Acting and sacking aren't the same and they just sacked a manager which the majority wanted and guys like you did for years!-  so they did act and sack.

"We are the owners "...

And then?

Ex member of the SaS
10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Acting or sacking?

Listening to what?

Acting on Naismiths poor start,  no doubt they'll be discussions but unfortunately for the "awbody oot" gang Acting and sacking aren't the same and they just sacked a manager which the majority wanted and guys like you did for years!-  so they did act and sack.

"We are the owners "...

And then?

Oooh smart reply saying complete f all. You bum your gums on here hourly yet have no answer to the problem most can see, the simple fact is we are a football club and the board are more interested in infrastructure than getting a decent manager and allowing him to buy decent players.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Oooh smart reply saying complete f all. You bum your gums on here hourly yet have no answer to the problem most can see, the simple fact is we are a football club and the board are more interested in infrastructure than getting a decent manager and allowing him to buy decent players.

My bum goes no were near my gums!

We are a football club, you got something correct.

"Decent manager"... that's saying **** all, aye let's get a decent manager, Rangers, hibs, Hearts, have the epl, naw-half the worlds clubs will be lining up for pieces of wisdom like that.

I don't think anyone, in any board room would have thought of that.

We also had that set up recently, we were  being  relatively successful and guys like you wouldn't stop bumping their gunms after every set back for about 2 years.

Tbh, You'd be greetin and stamping your feet no matter what.

You've spent 2 years doing just that on here and you say I bump my gums- I'll crack the jokes.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Fair comment.

23 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Acting or sacking?

Listening to what?

"We are the owners "...

And then?

Things have been cosy though. Even the most ardent Budge apologist would probably struggle to deny that. 

I appreciate you idolise Bob Neilson but a great many fans would never have entertained him after he concluded MK Dons was a forward step. He came back because he was one of a number of people Budge knew in football that could be counted on one hand - twice over. 

If she had acted diligently after we lost 5 scud at Livingston we almost certainly wouldn't have suffered the igdonamy of relegation 16 months later. No Hearts side should ever lose a match in that manner against that standard of opponent in that fashion. A clear red line. Yet she didn't act because quite clearly she was lapping up Levein's bullshit and as she hadn't surrounded herself with capable people who would tell her time was up. Instead she was lashing out at fans through the media the following September - fully 10 months later when any moron could see he should've been long since emptied. 

So the accusation of things been cosy and comfortable is entirely justified.

We will lose on Saturday, win midweek then lose at Hampden.

That will cost SN his job. Imo.

Edited by jambogaza

51 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Losing two games against Rangers in Glasgow won't cost him his job. Losing to Livi at Tynecastle will.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

Losing two games against Rangers in Glasgow won't cost him his job. Losing to Livi at Tynecastle will.

not so sure it would tbh

6 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Genuinely think he needs something from at least one of the rangers games and a win against livi to feel secure.

A draw against livi should be fatal too BTW.

5 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Club legend.

You missed out our worst ever result in the LC (Alloa) and worst  ever in Europe (Maltese waiters). 

1 hour ago, jambogaza said:

Very dubious about that. In my view the only way he loses his job before the next international break is if he gets battered by Rangers twice and fails to win against either Livingston (H) or Motherwell (A). That sequence could well see him binned but if we win either outhouse league games then they'll probably persevere. If he loses at Tynecastle a week tonight, regardless of how the match has gone, he shouldn't even be taking the team in the semi-final as the result would be a complete foregone conclusion. You'd be better rolling the dice by putting in a temporary Hearts figurehead like JJ for a couple of weeks whilst using the international break to sort out the shitshow and with the tiny hope a reaction and freak result might happen. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Dusk_Till_Dawn
25 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

You missed out our worst ever result in the LC (Alloa) and worst  ever in Europe (Maltese waiters). 

BRING HIM BACK 

3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Fan ownership doesn’t work ,if we get some rich billionaire coming to buy us we should bite his hand off we have become a shambles and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it

Francis Albert
16 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Fan ownership doesn’t work ,if we get some rich billionaire coming to buy us we should bite his hand off we have become a shambles and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it

It is not fan ownership that is the problem. And in fact there is something we can do about it if enough of us wanted to.

1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I hate to bring this up, but Hearts have had many underwhelming seasons before the club was fan owned. We might be mediocre on the park, but at least we’re stable off it.

On 24/10/2023 at 11:52, Sir PH said:

Which is utterly pathetic in our own stadium. Celtic Park, yes, totally understandable. 

Who are you to judge?

On 24/10/2023 at 12:42, spirt of 98 said:

To be fair Robbie is the best Manager we have had in years. Can’t believe one bad run of form and we sacked him. Imagine any other profession when things don’t work out the under performer is sack with no opportunity to turn it around. 

we can’t get him back for a third time but never should have been sacked. He should have been given the following season to turn it around. 

An opinion very many totally disagree with.

4 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Nonsense! The Club has never been in a better position in terms of stability, accountability and finance. 
Another rich chancer like Vlad no thanks!

29 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Nonsense! The Club has never been in a better position in terms of stability, accountability and finance. 
Another rich chancer like Vlad no thanks!

Did you mean to use the word accountability or was it an autocorrect from accounting?

Huge difference! 

Edited by Luckies1874