The White Cockade
3 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Clark

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley

Devlin Denholm

Oda.    Boyce   Vargas

Shankland 

No way Denholm will be starting this n Greece

It’s a problem position for us with Haring out but I’d guess we’ll go for Sibbick or Cochrane

I wish I had some confidence but I really don't.

I think defensively we're fine.

In attack we've got enough to do damage.

But we will lose this in midfield. Simply don't have the players. 

Diadora Van Basten
1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

It’s a problem position for us with Haring out but I’d guess we’ll go for Sibbick or Cochrane

Denholm is the only available midfielder I would trust. Sibbock is a good athlete who can’t seem to find a position that suits him. Gary Neville made a comment about how full backs playing in midfield are not good at receiving the ball on the half turn and this rules Cochrane out. Halliday got outplayed by the Hibs midfield last time he played centre midfield. Grant isn’t in the squad and probably plays further up the pitch. So that leaves Denholm as the only competent centre mid we have available.

11 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

I wouldn't have Sibbick anywhere near midfield. He was a complete bombscare vs Dundee. I would prefer Denholm but appreciate he is too inexperienced. Is Cochrane our only option? How is Beni?

17 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Clark

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley

Devlin Denholm

Oda.    Boyce   Vargas

Shankland 

Think that's pretty much where we're at. Oda needs to grow a set and start taking a man on rather than looking inside as Lowry was a revelation v Dundee when he went out wide. Denolm is the concern but I'd rather have him there than Cochrane or Sibbick.

indianajones

We should be really cute and get a few of them sent off somehow.

Start with that dick that looked like he was in the only way is Essex. 

indianajones
Just now, Sooks said:

I know it caused uproar last time but I cant shake the feeling Beni will get some game time tonight

Would be class if he came back and dominated. 

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I know it caused uproar last time but I cant shake the feeling Beni will get some game time tonight

Can't see it, maybe if he was in the squad against Dundee there might have  been a small chance. We really are resting all of our hopes on Beni to sort our midfield this season.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Please no. Would rather we properly reintroduced him over coming weeks and get him back as a permanent fixture in midfield.

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, spacerjoe said:

I'm sorry, but Kingsley is absolutely murder as CB in a 4. He can't head a ball to save his life.

Does nobody remember last season at all??

If you're going to swap Rowles out at least put Offiah in who is actually a CB. Or Sibbick.

Also, as much as I agree with the sentiment that we can't sit in, 'nothing to lose' is not true. We're only one goal behind. This is basically a cup final where we've gone a goal down after a minute.

It's a massive uphill battle, but we're not 2 or 3 down.

You cant say Kingsley cant head the ball, he’s far better at doing so than Rowles and Toby. He won a few headers in the opposition box last week, something the other two rarely do. PAOK are not likely to play high balls anyway and their two CHs don’t look great in the air either. 

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I would say that has to be our best hope, an early penalty and red card. 

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Had a dream we won on penalties. 

I had a dream I saved a half frozen owl. Must be the Greek beer

upgotheheads

Cochrane will start for sure, it's just a matter of how the team is set up to include him.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3-5-2.

Clark

Kent, Rowles, Kingsley

Atkinson     x           x          x         Cochrane

x             x        

2 hours ago, cazzyy said:

Wait, you don't want us to qualify for the group stage because it might hamper us from qualifying for the group stage next season? 🫣

I presume "we can't have both" means that we can never play group stage football 2 seasons in a row if you're right?

I'd love both , I just think our squad is not strong enough yet see the Killie and Dundee games and we're still in August.

I'm sorry, but Kingsley is absolutely murder as CB in a 4. He can't head a ball to save his life.

If you're going to swap Rowles out at least put Offiah in who is actually a CB. Or Sibbick.

Also, as much as I agree with the sentiment that we can't sit in, 'nothing to lose' is not true. We're only one goal behind. This is basically a cup final where we've gone a goal down after a minute.

Strange comment.

Kingsley can handle himself in the air. He's not the best (and neither is Rowles) but as things are just now I would trust Kingsley on the ball more than I would trust Rowles. He's looking very nervous and his decision making has been shocking. 

We have got nothing to lose. We're on the back foot now matter what way you look at it. We need to go for it. And if we were 1-0 down in a cup final I would fully expect us to go for it then too. 

I said we can't sit in but because we don't have the personnel to do it. Our defence and midfield are weak but we have forwards to hurt them. Playing it cagey will be an absolute disaster.

32 minutes ago, Negan said:

Said on BBC Beni is out.

Which makes the omission of Grant even more a shocker. We've wasted a squad space when we could have had a fit Grant in there.

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Which makes the omission of Grant even more a shocker. We've wasted a squad space when we could have had a fit Grant in there.

He must be leaving. It's the only thing that explains it.

kingantti1874

Not looking forward to this at all really, as the week has gone on my confidence has dipped big time.

i don’t think we have the players available to do it.  We could and possibly should have won last week but none the less you could tell they are still the better side

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

agreed. Better than the alternatives that’s for sure

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Strange comment.

Kingsley can handle himself in the air. He's not the best (and neither is Rowles) but as things are just now I would trust Kingsley on the ball more than I would trust Rowles. He's looking very nervous and his decision making has been shocking. 

We have got nothing to lose. We're on the back foot now matter what way you look at it. We need to go for it. And if we were 1-0 down in a cup final I would fully expect us to go for it then too. 

Spot on

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not looking forward to this at all really, as the week has gone on my confidence has dipped big time.

i don’t think we have the players available to do it.  We could and possibly should have won last week but none the less you could tell they are still the better side

This is my view.  I can see it being a sore one, with this forum best avoided this evening.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I think we are trying to convince him to leave, but we have used him when necessary so far and with our problems in CM its weird to have registered Beni and Nieuwenhof when they’re unfit. 

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

I wish I had some confidence but I really don't.

I think defensively we're fine.

In attack we've got enough to do damage.

But we will lose this in midfield. Simply don't have the players. 

And Cochrane in the middle as he was in the first leg, is not the answer ,though I don't know what is.

24 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

I'd love both , I just think our squad is not strong enough yet see the Killie and Dundee games and we're still in August.

Rangers and Celtic both failed to beat Killie in August.

The_razors_edge

I’m out coaching my daughters football team tonight so won’t see any of it. Living in hope rather than expectation but really can’t see how we’re going to get a result particularly with how weak we are in midfield. 

heisenberg86

Can’t see how we progress tonight with the midfield options we have available, bit of a shambles considering we’ve been crying out for a box to box CM for what feels like an eternity! 

Team pretty much picks itself apart from who plays with Devlin in midfield and who’s playing LM, suppose who plays CB with Kent is debatable as well I guess but pretty sure they’ll stick with Rowles 

Clarke 

Natty.         Kent.         Rowles.    Kingsley 

Devlin.      Halliday. 

Oda.                Boyce.           Cochrane 

Shankland.  

I’d go for this personally, could Lowry take Hallidays spot in CM maybe? Think it could work with Cochrane dropping back in if Lowry was to break forward.

With a fully fit and firing Beni in the team I reckon we go through against PAOK over 2 legs, shot ourselves in the foot by not strengthening the midfield before now! 

3-1 to PAOK 

1 minute ago, MattyK82 said:

Is he fit?

Assumed he is.  Maybe not then.  If not,  and maybe even if he is,  we could try a Levein vs Bordeaux special.  Pack out the midfield in whatever formation can be cobbled together.  Might involve a gamble of going 3 at the back.  

Pasquale for King
Just now, MattyK82 said:

E20A4B55-C8C4-4490-8380-E92B0556C3FA.gif.b630e2cb8e2076ca9efe5256a4891aa0.gif

We need a new MF! 😭

Or the ones we have to be fully fit, crazy though that sounds. 

By The Light..
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

yep Brandon with the yellow boots

By The Light..
3 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Anyone know which channels are showing this and whether they'd be available on IPTV?

I've just signed up for Viaplay on Virgin £12.99 a month, takes 4 hours so do it soon if thinking about it, gets the Scotland games and League Cup if you can't be arsed driving to Killie on a Tuesday night