Nieuwenhof ( merged )

Jackhmfc1348

Watt-Zeefuik
8 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

Nowhere near fat enough for that...

He could easily be a Mormon missionary in his spare time.

You're unfamiliar with the "gawky fantasy geek" stereotype?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• GinRummy

• The Black Prince

• Chimp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/02/2024 at 15:47, Pete Elliott said:

Yep, there was definitely nobody writing him off 😳

That's a good start for an ignore list. 

section s heart
8 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Ooh, yes.  Nailed it!!!!

I think Natty is a scaffolder, works on the same site as Kent, who is a joiner and bullies the shit out of him.

Halks runs a greasy spoon with his Mrs. It's decent though - they use a local butcher.

Boycie has brought Dexter into the boyband, after Vargas had to go into rehab.  Vargas will later make a big comeback as a solo artist, with a huge international hit, "Wingman".

Craig Gordon is a goalie.

Big O, you've done a cracking job with these CV's. Best posts of the day. 

FarmerTweedy
On 12/02/2024 at 11:34, HoGwash said:

This entire poster consists of utter drivel.

FTFY!

11 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Starting to really like this lad

IMG_5486.jpeg

Love it. We need more of this kind of thing. We've had a tendency to shy away from vocalising in recent years. It's good fun and adds a bit more needle.

Jambo in Bathgate
15 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Actually blows my mind people can watch Nieuwenhof and argue he's slow. 

Get your eyes tested would be my suggestion.

He certainly wasn’t slow against a team that played football on Sunday. It’s a different game against teams that play a low block or a I like to call it ‘Park the bus’

AlimOzturk

These Aussies get us. Cammy gets it, rowles & Atkinson have great attitudes and now the Hoff properly endearing himself to the fans. 

We have had great players from Australia in the past as well In McGowan/Kisnorbo. Hope the link up continues to bear fruits 

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

A criticism league table eh ………….. is this a wee Hun thing 

Imagine we had one for posters.

Have to say I've been a doubter. I've probably been very quick to judge. But last week and today I thought he was absolutely top drawer.

Even in a nothing first half I thought he carried us forward and just really put in a very complete performance.

You can see teams know he's a danger from outside the box and he's closed down, but yeah for me have eat some humble pie and admit he's really impressing me and hope he continues to develop.

Naisy is making players better which is fabulous. Something I've often complained we as a club previously haven't done enough. Just thought he was good again today 

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Think he is only going to get better. 

Think you're right he's young still settling too. But 100%  we are seeing a better player on a weekly basis 

FarmerTweedy
1 minute ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

That tackle!

Did he have a wardrobe malfunction? I must have missed that!

HopeDiouf

Been excellent of late. Hope he wasn't injured before he went off today. Was hobbling after a crunching challenge.

tiger Rudi
14 minutes ago, db211833 said:

A certain former chairman sounding poster will be along soon to tell us he is rubbish 😜

🤣😂and slow 

Edited by tiger Rudi

Cameronstheman

We are a young team progressing nicely, not just Hoff, but so many players are improving by the week, all good 

Even bringing in say Dex/Fraser, they have all contributed

To think who we can bring in, in the summer with our increased finances, is salivating

Lets have a pop at Rangers and see how we are, and why not , nout to lose just gain 

jamboinglasgow

Has really stepped up over the last month or so, you can see why A-League fans were raving about him and the great thing is that he is only going to get better.

kingantti1874

Agreed.  Macauley Tait is a very exciting prospect. Has a bit of the billy gilmour’s about him 

Batistuta87
On 12/02/2024 at 20:45, Bainy said:

He was hopeless for a while.   He's definitely improving by the week and is starting show the type of form that got him the move from the A league in the first place. I hope it continues. 🙏 

He was never "hopeless" - he just took a bit of time to get going. I really wish he would pull the trigger more and actually hit a shot. Often be runs across the box and feigns a shot 2-3 times when he should be hitting it. The couple of times he has actually released a shot they've been good ones. 

Looking better every week though. 

Muppetboy

Son and I were shocked when at the players car park entrance to see this old 57 plate Mercedes pull in with calem at the wheel lol. None of ur private plate new land rover defenders like zander has😂

Pans Jambo
2 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

Getting better every week. 

This. What a player. 

I'm going to hold my hands up. 

My previous comments were comparing him to Kio, and saying that he would never score a goal for Hearts.  A waster, if you will. 

He's really put me to shame in the past few weeks. I was skeptical with his first few months, but he's doubled down and shown that he has got what it takes with recent performances.  He looks calm, composed, and reads the game well. 

I'm man enough to admit I got it wrong.  He looks like a real asset. 

No Idle Talk

I thought he was good again today. Beginning to warm to him. Not sure he's a player I will ever love but I am starting to see what he brings to the team. 

I thought he was an awful signing initially. He just didn't seem to be any better than what we had already. Wasn't a box to box midfielder that we wanted and didn't do anything great at all and had a few moments of losing the ball. But credit to the lad he's turned it around incredibly well and he's a starter every week for sure. When he went off I gave him a standing ovation, totally deserved.

B4 Part B

Thought to start with he looked a really tidy player but he was ineffective. We've had loads of players like that in the past, technically proficient, look like good footballers, but don't actually impact the game/move us forward.

Feel like he's really growing into the club and into his role. He's getting us moving forward, attacking in the right areas, dictating bits of play at times, and getting stuck in defensively. Definitely having an impact and looking like he's going to continue to do so for some time! Great to see!

The Black Prince
2 minutes ago, Dalry said:

I thought he was an awful signing initially. He just didn't seem to be any better than what we had already. Wasn't a box to box midfielder that we wanted and didn't do anything great at all and had a few moments of losing the ball. But credit to the lad he's turned it around incredibly well and he's a starter every week for sure. When he went off I gave him a standing ovation, totally deserved.

If you look back over my summaries and recommendations from the A League, you could just relax and wait for the fruit to appear. Telt yez about Rowles. Telt yez about Natty (with reservations). Telt yez about Devlin (with reservations). Telt yez about the Hoff, with no reservations.

Also telt yez about Kuol - no idea what went wrong there but he will 100% become a class player. For someone... hopefully not my local club, where he started.

tazhearts
6 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

If you look back over my summaries and recommendations from the A League, you could just relax and wait for the fruit to appear. Telt yez about Rowles. Telt yez about Natty (with reservations). Telt yez about Devlin (with reservations). Telt yez about the Hoff, with no reservations.

Also telt yez about Kuol - no idea what went wrong there but he will 100% become a class player. For someone... hopefully not my local club, where he started.

Who is the next gem we should be looking at?

BackOfTheNet
12 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Have to say I've been a doubter. I've probably been very quick to judge. But last week and today I thought he was absolutely top drawer.

Even in a nothing first half I thought he carried us forward and just really put in a very complete performance.

You can see teams know he's a danger from outside the box and he's closed down, but yeah for me have eat some humble pie and admit he's really impressing me and hope he continues to develop.

Naisy is making players better which is fabulous. Something I've often complained we as a club previously haven't done enough. Just thought he was good again today 

Genuinely want to say well done for holding your hand up. Far too many won’t, and will be conspicuous by their silence until the next time he has an off game. (See also Oda, Vargas, Atkinson, Forrest…)

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Genuinely want to say well done for holding your hand up. Far too many won’t, and will be conspicuous by their silence until the next time he has an off game. (See also Oda, Vargas, Atkinson, Forrest…)

You've got too. Think we are all at times quick to judge and yeah I'm happy to be wrong in cases like this

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

You've got too. Think we are all at times quick to judge and yeah I'm happy to be wrong in cases like this

Everyone makes a snap judgement, that’s human nature. Even in life, you meet a person for the first time and got make a judgement and assumption on their character before even speaking to them, subconsciously at least. But the key is to realise that we have to push that initial judgment to the reserved stage until we can actually know better. Easier said than done sometimes, but shows a level of maturity to admit when wrong rather than stubbornly hold on to the belief that the initial judgement was right all along.

The Black Prince
2 hours ago, tazhearts said:

Who is the next gem we should be looking at?

There's a whole new generation of fantastic talent coming through in the 14 - 17 yo range, but I suspect that's the case in a lot of countries.

Lots of players ready to step up from the AL right now but I suspect Monty from Hibs will have first dibs - if he survives to the summer. He has a huge network available to him from both Oz and beyond. Young Triantis is a good player.

Hibs won't be able to compete with Hearts on money though, but for Oz players - and I guess from plenty of other countries - the money's not as important as the shop window.

Chuck Berry
17 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

I suspect Monty from Hibs will have first dibs

Not sure that'll be the case, Hearts clearly have "people" in Australia given the signings, also forrmer players.  I'm sure we're keeping tabs out there.

I think we tried for Marcus Tilio but Celtic splashed the cash, but he sunk without trace and now back in Melbourne on loan.  I doubt he's a Brenda type player so maybe a chance to try again with him, although the 5 year deal will be problematic.

Edited by Chuck Berry

Early on I thought he looked like an Olly Lee - a mostly ineffective slow nice player.

What he looks more like now is how Gary Mackay used to play for us.

chester copperpot

Good to see proper Hearts fans holding their hands up and admitting they were wrong about the Hoff.

Those that are not tho 🤨🤨

RustyRightPeg
11 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

Thoughts on wee Nisbet from CCM?

The Black Prince
59 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Thoughts on wee Nisbet from CCM?

Superb player (who Monty used to coach).

The shortest man ever to play A League - something like 5 foot two - but incredibly effective. His low centre of gravity and quick footspeed mean he's fantastic at holding the ball and very deft in his passing. Probably the best ball winner ever to play A League - people literally don't see him coming and he nips in from behind. Probably also the best broken play runner in the league right now - gets  a lot of assists.

Gone a teensy bit off the boil in his last couple of matches but that's coming off a really high and consistent base. There's been speculation he'll break into the NT and it might have gone to his head - pressure-wise.

Tough as teak also - as you'd expect. Can't survive at his height in professional football without being hard as nails.

We'd hate to lose him at CCM but he deserves his chance in Europe.

Edited by The Black Prince