Nieuwenhof ( merged )

Jackhmfc1348

vladisacoward

I’ll admit I wasn’t convinced by him the first few times I saw him. Not that he looked awful or anything. He’s no Tarawa. Just wasn’t sure the Scottish game would be where he’d thrive. He’s been generally good of late though and today him and Shanks were far and away the two class acts on the pitch. Long may it continue.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• GinRummy

• The Black Prince

• Chimp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking game by game like he’s going to be a brilliant player for us. 

Rarely gives the ball away, puts in a power of work, presses brilliantly, carrying the ball and even scoring now. 

Too many people were far too negative on this guy. 

Going to be and currently is a cracking player for us. 

Glencoejambo
3 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Rarely gives the ball away, puts in a power of work, presses brilliantly, carrying the ball and even scoring now. 

Hes coming  on to a real game for the team! Very impressive  tonight!

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, S Form said:

The only surprise about the Hof is that he’s not quoted for the Aussie squad. I reckon he’s at the same level as Rowles, Atkinson and Bacchus. 

He's in their U23 squad, and the U23 Asian Champs is in April in Qatar.   It also acts as the qualifiers for the Olympic Football Tournament in Paris this year, so Australia will be taking it seriously.

Whether Hearts are obligated to release him I don't know.

Forming a good partnership with Beni.  Both starting to show thier worth and growing in confidence. Classy midfield developing...

The Black Prince
1 hour ago, S Form said:

The only surprise about the Hof is that he’s not quoted for the Aussie squad. I reckon he’s at the same level as Rowles, Atkinson and Bacchus. 

Oz has plenty of choice in his position but if he continues to do well for Hearts he'll be looked at. Probably next midfield cab off the rank will be young Alex Robertson - Man City player on loan at Portsmouth. Big star in the making according to many.  

Chuck Berry
5 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

Oz has plenty of choice in his position but if he continues to do well for Hearts he'll be looked at. Probably next midfield cab off the rank will be young Alex Robertson - Man City player on loan at Portsmouth. Big star in the making according to many.  

He can also play for Scotland.

23 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

He's in their U23 squad, and the U23 Asian Champs is in April in Qatar.   It also acts as the qualifiers for the Olympic Football Tournament in Paris this year, so Australia will be taking it seriously.

Whether Hearts are obligated to release him I don't know.

Might be getting ahead of myself, but I reckon he’ll get into the senior squad in time.

Armageddon
15 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

He can also play for Scotland.

No he can’t, he’s finished….

Chuck Berry
7 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

No he can’t, he’s finished….

He's not finished, he's   etc etc

Chuck Berry
9 minutes ago, S Form said:

Might be getting ahead of myself, but I reckon he’ll get into the senior squad in time.

He could well do, but he could also be an Olympian in Paris this year if Australia U23 get to the Final, or win the 3rd place play-off of the Asian Champs.

Takeshi kovac

Best player on the park today, bossed them from start to finish 

I posted earlier on this thread that I thought he was a player.

Feeling quite smug now. 

Let me brag, please.

Being right is rare. 😄

jamboinglasgow
24 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

He could well do, but he could also be an Olympian in Paris this year if Australia U23 get to the Final, or win the 3rd place play-off of the Asian Champs.

There is a possibility we could be without Nieuwenhof and Oda in August due to the Olympics.

10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

There is a possibility we could be without Nieuwenhof and Oda in August due to the Olympics.

I don’t think we are short in the middle especially if Fraser stays and Dhanda signs

plus Tait 😃

Edited by JAYEL

5 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Proving a lot of people wrong with every passing week.

Isnt he just :) 

It really is quite remarkable that he is doing this DESPITE his Australian DNA . There is a poster on here who thinks being Australian stops you being a good player 

stevie1874
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He's coming onto a game now. He's a smashing midfielder folks. 

Surely not was written off by some as slow & anonymous all the time. 

FarmerTweedy
On 09/12/2023 at 18:27, tian447 said:

And like Kio, you can say with some certainty that he will never score a goal for Hearts. 

It's amazing that so many players like that make a living from football.

Sage-like wisdom!

Delboyinoz

Just proves again to all of us we seem to be in safe hands with our football department right now. They can spot potential, nurture it and see improvements  the time . Onwards and Upwards and let's not get ahead of ourselves

Newy proved me wrong.... Naisy proved me wrong... Savage....

How about just dont be a dick in the first place?

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Newy proved me wrong.... Naisy proved me wrong... Savage....

How about just dont be a dick in the first place?

Yep, it’s the same people who have the uncanny knack of being wrong about everything football related. 😂

Glad they appear to be delighted to be wrong yet again though. 

Yet more proof, if it was actually needed, that folk have to show more patience with players who arrive here. Especially players who come in from overseas. 

TexasAndy

Hoff has done well the last few weeks coming to terms with hustle and bustle of Scottish football.  Adding goals to his game takes him to next level.  With power he has showing in both feet with his 2 goals I hope it gives him the confidence to have more pops at goal.

RustyRightPeg

He looks really, really fit and gets around the pitch with ease.

I wouldn't say he proved me wrong...just let the laddie play, let him learn. Let him adapt to moving round the world on his own. 

tiger Rudi
10 hours ago, Texaco said:

Forming a good partnership with Beni.  Both starting to show thier worth and growing in confidence. Classy midfield developing...

The fitter Beni gets, the better Hoff will get. I think there are times Hoff sits a little deeper than he would like to be, supporting Beni. When Beni is back to his best bossing that area of the pitch, it allows Hoff to take more risks and get forward. Great partnership developing, really hope Beni signs an extension. 

Hoff has everything........ He can even be Beni, when Beni is unavailable. 

Bazzas right boot

He's getting better.

He's carrying the ball and driving forward with it more, becoming more confident and is starting to score!

Very meh player ( not bad or good) since he came but he's definitely developing at a fair pace and adapting now.

The Hoff Has me hooked on a feeling that he may very well become a real good player.

11 hours ago, hearts00 said:

We have the 2 best in the squad playing in the middle they work well together 

chester copperpot
4 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Has he got a song yet ? Gonna need one soon if he keeps scoring belters.

He does, I just couldn't make out the song sang by the Ultra's yesterday. Was rather catchy too, I just am an old ******* now so the hearing isn't what it was.

8 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Surely not was written off by some as slow & anonymous all the time. 

Those folk are clueless morons. 🤷🏻

By The Light..
8 hours ago, Sooks said:

It really is quite remarkable that he is doing this DESPITE his Australian DNA . There is a poster on here who thinks being Australian stops you being a good player 

His he 100% Aussie sounds Dutch...

I P Knightley
14 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Proving a lot of people wrong with every passing week.

The first page of this thread is a bit car-crashy. I didn't read the next 24 but suspect that the theme continued for the majority of them. 

My only, completely non-constructive, observation is that he just doesn't look like a sportsman. Something to do with his build/shape of his head or something. It's the same with the guy who played scrum-half for England at the weekend. It may be a clever way to get the oppo to underestimate you. 

11 minutes ago, By The Light.. said:

His he 100% Aussie sounds Dutch...

Not sure it matters . By this persons logic being Australian means you cannot be good at football . All to do with growing up around cricket and rugby or something

By The Light..
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not sure it matters . By this persons logic being Australian means you cannot be good at football . All to do with growing up around cricket and rugby or something

You're right it doesn't matter he is 100% Aussie. I was just joking re the origins of the surname.

MOTM for me yesterday

Disser Pointon
11 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Absolutely superb today as was Jorge Grant along side him

Now now the Jorge Grant boo boys will be along forthwith to tell you how crap he is and that he contributes nothing!!!!

The Mercer Takeover

Has had a couple of good games recently, but we were playing Airdrie yesterday, not Man City.

Used to actively hide during games, and this is far less prominent now.

It is good to see him get "stuck in" recently and hopefully this progress continues. Miles away from the finished article, but encouraging signs, none the less.

Still the slowest player over 10 yards, that I have probably ever seen. Not so bad when his momentum builds up.

This is the new benchmark

The Mercer Takeover
13 minutes ago, Disser Pointon said:

Now now the Jorge Grant boo boys will be along forthwith to tell you how crap he is and that he contributes nothing!!!!

He is absolutely honking and readily replaceable 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

😂

RustyRightPeg
11 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Absolutely superb today as was Jorge Grant along side him

Indeed.

Shanks and Grant play really well together - they seem on the same wavelength. 

tiger Rudi
10 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Still the slowest player over 10 yards, that I have probably ever seen. Not so bad when his momentum builds up.

Come on man, if this is truly your observations then I suggest you watch another sport mate. Come on tell us what your agenda is with Hoff? You've had it in for him since day 1. All about opinions I know but yours is mind-boggling! 🤣 

Can you not put your hands up just once and admit he had a great game yesterday without adding any more insults? 

tiger Rudi
13 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

🤣🤣 Everybody has opinions, but whether you like Grant or not, he is certainly not "absolutely honking". 

kingantti1874

Was behind hof. Was really disappointed in his performance at livi away where he was anonymous but he’s been very good since. Great goal yesterday 

18 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Has had a couple of good games recently, but we were playing Airdrie yesterday, not Man City.

Used to actively hide during games, and this is far less prominent now.

It is good to see him get "stuck in" recently and hopefully this progress continues. Miles away from the finished article, but encouraging signs, none the less.

He has shown composure, hunger, ability and calmness of late on the park, with SN & Co saying this has been the norm in training since his arrival, and they have no doubts this would be replicated on the park, as is now happening.

Your poor addition to this thread only shows you to think players are robots or you are playing Champy Man...

Excited to see him going forward and even more so next season when he has relaxed into his surroundings fully...

👍

Pete Elliott
On 10/12/2023 at 00:54, OmiyaHearts said:

Worst player in the SQUAD. 

Has zero positive attributes, but willing to see if anyone can say why we brought this waster half way around the world?

:interehjrling: