***Official Heart of Midlothian v Kilmarnock Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

StirlingJambo

When teams come and sit we’ve got to play 2 wide players as high and sitting on the touch line as much as we can. Having Atkinson and Kingsley collect the ball behind the half way line is no use.

Don't get the bringing every player back to defend at corners and throw ins either. We’re needing an out ball to give ourselves a chance. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• GinRummy

• Clark Griswold

• Don Dan

Nelly Terraces

64% possession but only 8 shots to 15 & 1 on target to Killies 5.

Absolutely no change whatsoever to our boring style of football from previous seasons.

6 minutes ago, pointon said:

We are turgid shite on viewing so far let’s not pretend otherwise 

Thought you played quite well on Thursday tbf

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

I’d drop Shankland…until he sorts his head out.

Play a front three of Vargas, Tagawa, Oda…with Boyce or Lowry behind them.

That's never going to happen anytime soon. He’s had 3 stinkers but scored 2. However, if he keeps up these performances and goes 4/5 games without scoring then that’ll be different. 

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

that is complete pony.

Both re performances and points.

Was it no dogs allowed on here after the St Johnstone game, or were you just coincidentally at the vet?

7 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

We miss Cochrane and McKay and why doesn't Denholm get a start over Devlin

Hopefully we turn it round come Thursday

Could be worse could be hibs

Agree about Denholm. 

Vargas looks promising. 

Oneneilberry

worst game of football I've seen for a long time ... utterly clueless going forward 

feel sorry for Kent and Rowles,crowd frustrated at the slow build up , there's absolutely **** all movement Infront of them 

1 minute ago, Nelly Terraces said:

64% possession but only 8 shots to 15 & 1 on target to Killies 5.

Absolutely no change whatsoever to our boring style of football from previous seasons.

Makes me think Naismith is being reigned in by the experienced heads in the management team. If so, why appoint him? 

23 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

If only we could sign that 16 year old from Rosenberg…who ran rings around our midfield.

Clark, did ok…couple of decent saves but another shaky moment too.

Kent is decent…happy with him.

Atkinson has started the season well.

Oda…also happy with him.

Shankland has been poor so far…nowhere near his normal standard

Kingsley, I honestly wouldn’t be fussed if he was let go with the way he’s playing.

Devlin, has also been poor.

Lowry, should be played in the centre where he can create something…not on the wing.

Tagawa, felt sorry for him as he had absolutely no service.

Vargas looks like he could be decent.

Haring, played ok against Rosenborg…but is he slowing the play down?

Forrest, is nowhere near the required standard.

Boyce, looked ok.

Rowles, playing better with Kent alongside him.

There is something seriously wrong within our club…when no matter who the manager is we still adopt the same ponderous, boring…safe, sideways passing about at the back style of play.

Maybe, if we had shown ambition and hired a manager with no connection to the Levein/Neilson era who favoured that style of play…things might be different.

Hits nail on head.

Well done you. You’ve been sitting waiting for an excuse to unleash your shite gag on the world and now you’ve done it. Sadly you got a bit overexcited and messed up the thread title but at least you tried. 

IMG_0561.jpeg

best in the land

Not impressed with what this management team have served up so far.

Was disappointed with the appointment in first place but if this is the kind of performance we will be seeing then it's going to be a poor season.

Too many poor performances.

Kent, Vargas and Boyce the only pass marks imo.

Denholm was ok.

Just no urgency in play for the majority of the game against a poor team, we were giving them confidence as the game went on.

Probably one of the worst first home games I've seen us play.

Terrible game, set up wasn't working in the first half and our management team waited too long to change it. Inverted full backs on a pitch our size just doesn't work for me. Anyone expecting massive progress from the torpor of Neilson is going to be disappointed.

6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Thought you played quite well on Thursday tbf

Clapping this shite is the height of your ambition for the club 

Fitness , sharpness and movement still looks a massive problem.

We are  static during transition. 

One positive is the defence especially at set pieces.

Atkinson,  Kent and Rowles have probably been our best 3 players so far this season.

Haring is decent in.midfield but slows things down touch and Devlin doesn't find a forward pass enough.

We never looked threatening at any stage of the game today tbh.

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Fitness , sharpness and movement still looks a massive problem.

We are  static during transition. 

One positive is the defence especially at set pieces.

Atkinson,  Kent and Rowles have probably been our best 3 players so far this season.

Haring is decent in.midfield but slows things down touch and Devlin doesn't find a forward pass enough.

We never looked threatening at any stage of the game today tbh.

thought last 10 mins we did

Just now, Hearts007 said:

thought last 10 mins we did

Just half chances really, more huffing and puffing rather than looking genuinely threatening imo

We appear to have sorted the defence out. 

Struggled to break them down though .  But they are a well organised unit . Think they will

be top 6 at the expense of Hibs 

Our attacking play will get better as the season progresses 

ScandinavianJambo
25 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He is a wee bit of a problem because we need to find a way to accommodate him. 

If he wasn't the finisher that he is with the record he has, he wouldn't be anywhere near a Hearts team on recent performances. 

That makes no sense. He is a goal scorer of a quality this club has not seen since wee Robbie. He doesn't need to do anything else. However, he needs someone to play alongside him. That is what forwards are suppose to do. Score goals. 

Pasquale for King

Not seeing the high tempo game we saw against Ross County and Aberdeen for example. GK taking ages to get the ball back in play doesnt help, as for his punching and kicking. 
Long high balls against that back 5 ffs are you kidding 🤦🏽
Kent, Rowles, Boyce, Oda, Tagawa, Vargas and Denholm did well but the others not good at all. 

ScandinavianJambo
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not seeing the high tempo game we saw against Ross County and Aberdeen for example. GK taking ages to get the ball back in play doesnt help, as for his punching and kicking. 
Long high balls against that back 5 ffs are you kidding 🤦🏽
Kent, Rowles, Boyce, Oda, Tagawa, Vargas and Denholm did well but the others not good at all. 

We need energy in the midfield and a kick up the bum. 

If feckin Fred met Pointon, he’d have a lot more to say to him than sing a buckin song.

Edited by Morgan

19 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Do we try and break lines at speed at Riccarton? Serious question. Our whole game is about taking ball in with back to goal and then laying it back from whence it came.

Turgid. Thu looks ominous.

Lowry tried to break the lines but  our players often don’t  even make the run, just want it played back to them.   I thought most players were just playing it safe,  not taking risks and that is a big issue for us to sort out.  

Ronald Villiers

That was absolutely honking today.  No movement, devoid of ideas when in possession and reluctant to shoot from distance.  Rowles needs a rocket up his arse.  The number of times he could step forward with the ball but doesn't is really frustrating.  I hope we're better on Thursday.

Pasquale for King
Just now, ScandinavianJambo said:

We need energy in the midfield and a kick up the bum. 

Yeah the link from there isn’t working, need Hoff or Lowry in there to carry the ball forward, not Pete or Cammys strength really. 

That was dire, where has the fast aggressive play gone to? Dire 60 mins against saints, crap 45 minutes against Rosenberg, crap 75 minutes today, i know its early days but hells teeth it isn’t looking good.

1 minute ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

That makes no sense. He is a goal scorer of a quality this club has not seen since wee Robbie. He doesn't need to do anything else. However, he needs someone to play alongside him. That is what forwards are suppose to do. Score goals. 

So he needs to be accommodated? 

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Where do I find the ignore button again?

You’re too sexy for an ignore button.

ScandinavianJambo
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah the link from there isn’t working, need Hoff or Lowry in there to carry the ball forward, not Pete or Cammys strength really. 

I'm not sure who can do it to the quality that is needed, which is a forward playing number 10 type of player....

Positives - back to back shut outs in league.

That’s it.  Neilson-esque performance, and that’s git to be a worry

22 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You can't say that as you'll upset some posters.

Absolutely bang on assessment.

We are clueless at trying to break teams down who sit in and try and hit on the break.

Our management  better sort this out otherwise it's going to be a long long season as most teams we play at home will set up the same as Killie did.

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

I'm not sure who can do it to the quality that is needed, which is a forward playing number 10 type of player....

Boyce? has the knowledge and experience!! It sure as hell, on todays performance, isn't Shankland. An old head, like Boyce, is what we need.

Edited by TyphoonJambo

The problem is Centre Mid, 90 percent of passes go backwards - either through fear or lack of ability, probably both. 

No width, a flat front 4, no cohesion.  Can't say I'm suprised though given we done our transfer business in the last 2 weeks.

Captain Scarlett
48 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

It’s depressing to watch really but we have nobody to blame but ourselves.  Players who are proven not to be good enough last season are still playing.  Rowles, Kingsley, Atkinson, Devlin, Forrest are all players who featured today and need emptied.  Add to that the likes of Shankland whose attitude was shocking today and he is meant to be captain.  Naismith needs to get a grip of this.  We were lucky to get a draw.

100% agree with your selection of player who need emptied. I really don’t get the Aussie love-in. There are better players playing with lesser clubs in the SPFL. Shankland can score goals when he can be arsed turning up but hasn’t looked interested at all so far this season 

ScandinavianJambo
10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

So he needs to be accommodated? 

Yep, totally normal for a lot of strikers. Nothing out of the norm at all. You play to their strengths and reap the fruit of the combined labour. That is what Ginelly did, and Boyce can do as well. If we do we have the possibility of 20 goals a season. Not bad at all. If you don't just want to moan...but if you do, the floor is yours. 

Just now, Harry Potter said:

im lost.

Ok, since it’s a song thread, I’m lost in France.

I’m also too sexy for my shirt.

buzzbomb1958
32 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

I'm not a Forrest fan but tbf to him he played well when he came on and looked to get forward or move the ball quicker.

Forrest should not be a Hearts player