***Official Heart of Midlothian v Kilmarnock Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

The worrying thing is, that’s exactly how every team apart from the OF will play against us this season. And we have absolutely zero ideas how to counter it. 

The set up is horrendous. Don’t care what anybody says, Shankland is not a number 10. He’s not good enough a footballer or fit enough. Lowry so far looks an Aldi version of Barrie McKay. 

From the starting 11 I’d only give pass marks to Kent. 

I think we might be seeing why Lowry isn't breaking into a mediocre hun side - he's even more in and out of the game than McKay is.

Edited by briever

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• GinRummy

• Clark Griswold

• Don Dan

If only we could sign that 16 year old from Rosenberg…who ran rings around our midfield.

Clark, did ok…couple of decent saves but another shaky moment too.

Kent is decent…happy with him.

Atkinson has started the season well.

Oda…also happy with him.

Shankland has been poor so far…nowhere near his normal standard

Kingsley, I honestly wouldn’t be fussed if he was let go with the way he’s playing.

Devlin, has also been poor.

Lowry, should be played in the centre where he can create something…not on the wing.

Tagawa, felt sorry for him as he had absolutely no service.

Vargas looks like he could be decent.

Haring, played ok against Rosenborg…but is he slowing the play down?

Forrest, is nowhere near the required standard.

Boyce, looked ok.

Rowles, playing better with Kent alongside him.

There is something seriously wrong within our club…when no matter who the manager is we still adopt the same ponderous, boring…safe, sideways passing about at the back style of play.

Maybe, if we had shown ambition and hired a manager with no connection to the Levein/Neilson era who favoured that style of play…things might be different.

Edited by Deviskan

Not sure what we were trying to do in the forward areas/middle of the park but we looked so disjointed. Play like that on Thursday and we will get absolutely leathered on the break. 

Folk blaming "Bob"......the management duo have had a full summer ffs.

Current points total as expected, just not they way it was expected.

Performances about where you'd imagine as well .

5 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

You and your facts.

What about the facts such as putting the wrong people in charge and taking too long to sack them?

2 minutes ago, Kirky Jambo said:

Shankland impressed me last year with his all round play, but this season he has put in three truly shocking performances masked by two goals. 

He needs to step up as captain. 

Shankland is not the problem it’s playing two in midfield with limited abilities 

1 minute ago, Kirky Jambo said:

Shankland impressed me last year with his all round play, but this season he has put in three truly shocking performances masked by two goals. 

My assessment is he is not playing in the position that suits him. With Boyce back and Kenny Varga looking like the business things might change (for the better) two goals in the bag and not performing at his best, I’ll take that for the moment. 

3 minutes ago, Kirky Jambo said:

Careful. You’ll get some blinkered halfwits with laughing emojis in reply to this. 

upgotheheads
Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

It’s depressing to watch really but we have nobody to blame but ourselves.  Players who are proven not to be good enough last season are still playing.  Rowles, Kingsley, Atkinson, Devlin, Forrest are all players who featured today and need emptied.  Add to that the likes of Shankland whose attitude was shocking today and he is meant to be captain.  Naismith needs to get a grip of this.  We were lucky to get a draw.

Nothing wrong with Rowles Kingsley and Atkinson, but Cammy needs to up his game, And Forrest will only ever be a squad player. Let's hope that Boyce stays fit, he was class when he came on and linked the play with Shanks and Vargas so much better.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
40 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Young players are always inconsistent

Let the Hun develope him, in that case.

The only positive was Kent and the clean sheet. At least that looks like a problem we've addressed.

GorgieFifeLife
Just now, upgotheheads said:

Nothing wrong with Rowles Kingsley and Atkinson, but Cammy needs to up his game, And Forrest will only ever be a squad player. Let's hope that Boyce stays fit, he was class when he came on and linked the play with Shanks and Vargas so much better.

They are not good enough.

Just now, bawheed said:

Shankland is not the problem it’s playing two in midfield with limited abilities 

I agree the centre of midfield is a problem but Shankland is well below the levels he should be at. Bullied off the bal countless times and picked up a petulant booking. And when things aren’t working he has a responsibility to do something about it (appreciate that ultimately lies with the management team but presumably they didn’t instruct the players to play like statues)

This pre-season and our start to the season has the feel of 2019/20. No players in early, no positive series of pre-season games, players/team not getting fit/confidence and apparently starting the season with no energy. I despair at our club on the football side of things

kingantti1874

You write dross ya absolute throbber. Same team beat the huns last week and you expect us to easily roll them over? Aye the performance was shit but Killie and Mcinnes know how to do that.  Will happen a lot this season

Hagar the Horrible
3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Sibbick before Natty, punt Forest 

1 minute ago, Kirky Jambo said:

I agree the centre of midfield is a problem but Shankland is well below the levels he should be at. Bullied off the bal countless times and picked up a petulant booking. And when things aren’t working he has a responsibility to do something about it (appreciate that ultimately lies with the management team but presumably they didn’t instruct the players to play like statues)

I believe we should be starting Aidan Denholm in that central midfield position 

The Apprentice
6 minutes ago, Kirky Jambo said:

He looked like he wanted to be anywhere other than on that pitch. He should’ve been sent off for that tackle on the edge of the box too and is lucky the ball broke to a Killie player to have a shot so the ref could play on.

His overall body language is terrible and he doesn’t look interested. 

JamboJoker98

That was dreadful. What worries me most is that we don't really look like we actually play like we have a plan on how to play or how we'd like to play

A long way from fortress tynecastle.

Not a peep from the fans in the stadium and no wonder.

Look like the players know they can go through the motions if they fancy it and there is no come back.

Devlin and Oda must be fed up at the attitude of some of them.

We need to stop playing so narrow. Full backs going into central areas and our wingers dropping back to cover meaning we never have players wide making us to easy to play against.

ScottieMac17
2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Quality, our third choice keeper but aye that is a great contribution to the thread mate

Just an observation... It's a wage that's wasted when we have Stone... But aye fair enough 

Missed opportunity today.

On what I've seen so far there's moves that are nearly there but not being applied as often as they should be.

A 5 /6 point gap should have been ours.

However Killie played disciplined and might just feel they should have the 3 points.

We need to up our game fitness wise as a club imo and have for a few years tbh.

Unbeaten in the league but must step up and do better.

Next two treat like cup finals please.

10 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

What about the facts such as putting the wrong people in charge and taking too long to sack them?

These are opinions.

11 minutes ago, Kirky Jambo said:

Careful, I got called all sorts of names last week for saying his first touch was, too often, woeful. 

He honestly looks like either he's not fit or his mind is somewhere else. 

Cameronstheman

We miss Cochrane and McKay and why doesn't Denholm get a start over Devlin

Hopefully we turn it round come Thursday

Could be worse could be hibs

Shooter McGavin

Two games in and we look like we’ve completely ran out of ideas.

We didn’t lose, which is about the only positive to take, but we need some fresh ideas or signs of improvement asap or this is going to be a long season.

ScottieMac17
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Careful, I got called all sorts of names last week for saying his first touch was, too often, woeful. 

He honestly looks like either he's not fit or his mind is somewhere else. 

I agree... He might be up for it on Thursday but today he didn't look happy at all 

13 minutes ago, bawheed said:

He is a wee bit of a problem because we need to find a way to accommodate him. 

If he wasn't the finisher that he is with the record he has, he wouldn't be anywhere near a Hearts team on recent performances. 

Edited by Cruyff

2 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

We need to stop playing so narrow. Full backs going into central areas and our wingers dropping back to cover meaning we never have players wide making us to easy to play against.

Today there were long spells when we had someone wide but they kept playing away from them. 

I’d drop Shankland…until he sorts his head out.

Play a front three of Vargas, Tagawa, Oda…with Boyce or Lowry behind them.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
14 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Folk blaming "Bob"......the management duo have had a full summer ffs.

Current points total as expected, just not they way it was expected.

Performances about where you'd imagine as well .

that is complete pony.

Both re performances and points.

13 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

I'd worry about the Hubz dugout if I was you.👍

Spot on

pettigrewsstylist

Do we try and break lines at speed at Riccarton? Serious question. Our whole game is about taking ball in with back to goal and then laying it back from whence it came.

Turgid. Thu looks ominous.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, pointon said:

We are turgid shite on viewing so far let’s not pretend otherwise 

You can't say that as you'll upset some posters.

10 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Sibbick before Natty, punt Forest 

I'm not a Forrest fan but tbf to him he played well when he came on and looked to get forward or move the ball quicker.