Shankland

Thomaso

3 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Southampton have taken a fortune in fees this window. Surely we could push them towards at least £7 million? We all know it will end up being £2 though! 

Lavia £58 Million

Ward-Prowse £40 million 

Livramento £35 million 

Salisu £15 million 

Adams £15 million ?? 

Thats a fortune! £7M isnt even 5% FFS! 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Just to make the point, Southampton are a team probably looking to bounce right back up. Shankland is a brilliant goalscorer in Scotland. Problem is, plenty of strikers have done well up here and been a complete car crash down south. I don't believe Southampton would be willing to pin their promotion hopes on Shankland. Maybe as a squad player, but I think it would be too much of a risk. One poster on their forum seemed to be suggesting Joël Piroe, (Swansea), with their parachute payment money isn't a problem so I'm not sure Shankland would be high up their list. Especially because we'd likely want north of £5m which could get them a proven goalscorer in their own league (and probably a younger one that they can develop). 

The Championship isn’t the elite level the media in England would have you believe. Shankland would definitely score a barrel load in the right team. For balance, Stephen Dobbie has got 3 promotions to his name and he couldn’t get near a rotten Scotland team. 

Just now, DS98 said:

The Championship isn’t the elite level the media in England would have you believe. Shankland would definitely score a barrel load in the right team. For balance, Stephen Dobbie has got 3 promotions to his name and he couldn’t get near a rotten Scotland team. 

Put Shankland in a team with real quality around him creating chances and he'd score loads of goals for anyone at any level. 

Rocky jamboa
29 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Southampton have taken a fortune in fees this window. Surely we could push them towards at least £7 million? We all know it will end up being £2 though! 

Lavia £58 Million

Ward-Prowse £40 million 

Livramento £35 million 

Salisu £15 million 

Adams £15 million ?? 

Precisely. £5m (or £7m) is loose change for them.

Rocky jamboa
30 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Hearts won’t let them low Ball us deffo not !!

We don't need to anymore, particularly since a decent season and getting 3rd guarantees us £6m a year. We're also in a good place financially so don't need the money. Would take a very good offer to tempt us.

Hope he doesn't go, but I think it ultimately comes down to him and I can't blame him if he wants to triple his wages and potentially have the chance to play in Epl (Southampton could go back up this season)

I just hope the club are well compensated if he does go, still will feel gutted even if we get 6/7 million, we ain't replacing his goals and talismanic qualities.

If Shanks was sold that's 40 goals to be replaced Inc Gino's haul. That's a huge ask. We might get decent money for him tho bound to be lower than our expectation but does JS have someone else to bring in by end Aug. Gonna be a real ball ache losing him if this plays out. 

7 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Where's this Southampton chat come from?

Southampton have enquired about the signing of in-form Hearts striker Lawrence Shankland, TEAMtalk understands.

Southampton look set to lose current centre-forward Che Adams, as he is closing in on an Everton move. On Saturday, the Saints rejected an opening £12million offer from Everton for Adams, but the move is now in the ‘final stages’ after the Toffees increased their proposal to £15m.

Southampton manager Russell Martin has already revealed that it is imperative the club lands a new striker due to the influence Adams has on his team. And club chiefs have now identified his replacement.

6 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Where's this Southampton chat come from?

Was on Teamtalk.com earlier. Cant post a link for some reason 🤷‍♂️

We don’t have to speak to Southampton and I don’t think we’ll listen at any less than £7million to a club with their resources.

Not only do we need to trouser a big profit, we also need a a top up to replace his goals for the next two years.

We don’t need to sell. He’s contracted and was happy with his contact when he signed a year ago. There is no need to extend him or pay him more as he’ll be 30 and on the slope when his contact runs out. He’ll just have to live with it unless the till is ringing big time.

the posh bit
6 minutes ago, Oneneilberry said:

How much would one of the arse cheeks sell a 28 goal a season striker for?

Think they sold Morelos for 25 million. 

No, wait a minute, they didn't. 

14 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

That site also had Robbie Keane signing shankland for the Israeli league last month and shankland being Beale priority so here’s hoping nothing comes of it 

If he goes I hope the club takes a full cash sale none of this structured stuff as he ain't a youngster now and I think we would end up screwed of any future payments.

I don't want him to go but honestly a huge fee and we could really invest in this team.

Edited by vegas-voss

Takeshi kovac

If Southampton are interested then 10m is the starting price. Is he worth it ? No but with 3m/4m numbers kicking about they can gtf. Don't want Shanks to go because we can't replace him but if he is going then it better be for a premium,  especially to a club that's raked in 200m this close season

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, gar jambo said:

Hearts won’t let them low Ball us deffo not !!

I admire your confidence, let’s wait and see. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Takeshi kovac said:

If Southampton are interested then 10m is the starting price. Is he worth it ? No but with 3m/4m numbers kicking about they can gtf. Don't want Shanks to go because we can't replace him but if he is going then it better be for a premium,  especially to a club that's raked in 200m this close season

Spot on. 

The White Cockade

No idea how much truth there is in all this chat but it would derail our entire season if he goes 

even if we got 10M for Shanks we couldn’t replace his goals as nobody that could replace him will come to us on our wages 

Vital we pull out all the stops to keep him if at all possible 

Could anybody name one player that would score close to 30 goals that we could afford to bring here?

28 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

That site also had Robbie Keane signing shankland for the Israeli league last month and shankland being Beale priority so here’s hoping nothing comes of it 

:thumbsup:

Absolutely agree with what most are saying re value……however gut says anything north of £3-4 million and he’ll be gone. 

Hope I’m wrong! 

If I was offered Adams in a straight swap for Shankland I would say no given what Shankland offers in his leadership and all round play as well as his goals.

If Adams is worth £15m then Shankland is worth at least £10m in the same market. He is only a year older and given his playing style still has a good few years in him.

Don't want us to sell obviously but if Southampton want him that's the price they should be paying, with a sell on clause. And if I was on the Southampton board I would be delighted getting Shankland in for Adams plus £5m!

17 minutes ago, Takeshi kovac said:

How is he not worth it ?

28 goals last season already on course for it again this season.Kyogo is quoted at £25m and is the same age I think Shanks is worth £10m.

Would we get that though probably not but we should def be looking for about £7m

9 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

No idea how much truth there is in all this chat but it would derail our entire season if he goes 

even if we got 10M for Shanks we couldn’t replace his goals as nobody that could replace him will come to us on our wages 

Could anybody name one player that would score close to 30 goals that we could afford to bring here?

Somebody gets it at last. 👍

We can't afford to lose LS. 

He's under contract and fans should be wanting trophies in the trophy cabinet not zeros on a bank account. 

You can't parade a £10 million cheque through the city😏

He's too slow to play at top level, think he would do alright in championship but can't see a club paying the value that he's worth to us.

For a comparison Kevin Nisbet is taking pelters from Millwall fans for being pish already.

22 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

I can't think of one.   He's been excellent for the club.  I'm not seeing anyone in the scottish leagues at the moment. 

15 minutes ago, Homme said:

Never heard of TeamTalk in my life.

TeamTalk were masters of clickbait (along with Clubcall) before there were even any websites to click on 

3 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

He's too slow to play at top level, think he would do alright in championship but can't see a club paying the value that he's worth to us.

For a comparison Kevin Nisbet is taking pelters from Millwall fans for being pish already.

Nisbet is pish.

Thunder and Lightning

Shankland has went from 2 to 10 million in a week. 

Play hard ball and some will be expecting 25 by the end of the window. 

He is worth what someone is willing to pay. If that matches our internal valuation he is off. If not, great we keep him. 

If his head it turned due to wages on offer then we have a problem. 

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Is Teamtalk based in Aberdeen? 

Both last relevant in the '80s.

Offer the man a new deal, push the boat out to make him stay, Give the man what he wants wages wise, tell him that if he remains in gorgie he has the opportunity to become a legend and win a trophy, he ain't getting that at Southampton.  Failing that change his name to forrest and forrests name to Shankland and then send Forrest in disguise haha, Please don't go Shanks!! 

27 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

How dare you mention Shanks in the same breath as this joker 😉IMG_2848.gif.e83d0a1904068107f0db23f45efdee19.gif

£5m/£6m for Shankland would be us giving him away. 

Dismayed at our fans valuing him so little.

£10m in today’s market. Easily.

We’re so used to our club selling players on the cheap, we think it’s our job to sell our Crown Jewels for a pittance. 

Vlad had the correct approach with demanding £9m for Gordon. Damn right. 

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

£5m/£6m for Shankland would be us giving him away. 

Dismayed at our fans valuing him so little.

£10m in today’s market. Easily.

We’re so used to our club selling players on the cheap, we think it’s our job to sell our Crown Jewels for a pittance. 

Vlad had the correct approach with demanding £9m for Gordon. Damn right. 

Did Gordon not sign a new deal on higher wages to maximise what we got for him??

Takeshi kovac
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

How is he not worth it ?

28 goals last season already on course for it again this season.Kyogo is quoted at £25m and is the same age I think Shanks is worth £10m.

Would we get that though probably not but we should def be looking for about £7m

To us he is worth more than that but sad reality is clubs outwith the uglies don't command those fees, or very rarely. BUT if we let him go and even if we spend a record fee I don't think we replace him. Best case scenario is we keep him this season and he keeps banging in the goals and we get a decent fee next year. If he does go now our season could fall apart

Edited by Takeshi kovac

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Somebody gets it at last. 👍

We can't afford to lose LS. 

He's under contract and fans should be wanting trophies in the trophy cabinet not zeros on a bank account. 

You can't parade a £10 million cheque through the city😏

100%.

We’ll never reach a higher level if we always sell our best players as soon as we get anywhere. I want a Hearts team with £10 million players in it, more than a £10 million cheque.

Our opponents will be ecstatic if we sell Shankland for any money.

The “accept 3-4 million” chat is utterly ludicrous!!!!!!

Edited a crazy typo.

Edited by Hearts_fan

1 hour ago, HMFC86 said:

Absolutely agree with what most are saying re value……however gut says anything north of £3-4 million and he’ll be gone. 

Hope I’m wrong! 

I think he’ll only go for an amount that pacifies the fan base/club owners. Hopefully the finger is on that pulse.

£4 million isn’t pacifying nearly enough people I don’t think

Hearts should simply say no to any deal unless the money is absolutely incredible. These teams, English, Saudi etc can afford incredible money so we should demand it.

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Did Gordon not sign a new deal on higher wages to maximise what we got for him??

Yes. 

We can put the best deal we possibly can on the table for Shankland, but the harsh reality is it still won't come close to the wages a club like Southampton can offer due to the silly money down there. 

If a bid of £3m plus comes in from a club/place Shankland is open to, we have a real problem IMHO. 

The best chance of keeping Shankland is a good home win on Thursday that gives us a genuine chance of group stage football that he can play in. 

Been watching Hearts for over 30 years and Shankland is one of the most financially valuable players I’ve seen play for us.

Double figure millions for him, it’s as simple as that. And yes he should be on a better salary than he was a year ago.

That’s the idea of our dream for Hearts isn’t it … to have a team of absolutely quality players, well here’s one. Reward him and keep him, and win the Scottish Cup again, push up the league. The financial rewards will follow that success, we are not in an era of asset stripping now. Never before has the Club been in such a strong bargaining position. 

If he’s offered mega money then we are struggling obviously. I genuinely do think we should be trying (probably are to be fair) to get him on a longer deal. He is priceless to us so we can only hope it’s just rumours or that the club make him an improved deal likely outwith our wage structure. 
If anyone comes in then I’d be hoping we get £7m+ at the very least.

who (outwith the uglies) has his record or has had it ? Nobody. If he played for the uglies he would score more given the chances created and they’d be getting a fortune. What he has done for us and gives us is priceless

Edited by 1971fozzy