***Heart Of Midlothian Vs Rosenborg*** OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD

Masonic

Just now, MattyK82 said:

Lunch? Aye, nearly time. Mind your optician appointment today 👌🏽

You off to see the child psychologist after your bottle?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboozy

• iantjambo

• Clark Griswold

• Ricardo Quaresma

alicante jambo
8 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Every time I see you post it reminds me of this: :lol:

Thats brilliant btw were pissing ourselves watching it. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 hours ago, longmalx said:

I saw Devlin on the team sheet and cursed. Couldn’t have been proved more wrong.

His problem is he’s shown up when we play two DM against lower opposition.

if he’s playing against sides like that just shove him alongside an attacking midfielder like Lowry

A big factor in Devlin’s performance was Kingsley at RB and Cochrane alongside him. That meant he didn’t have to try to win the ball all over the park but could patrol his own area of the park. Played like this he will shine every game!

Decent performance at times and by certain individuals throughout but a tremendous occasion and a special, memorable night to be at an intense and passionate packed Tynecastle. When we collectively get after it like that both on and off the field then good things happen. It will have been a huge eye opener and great experience for lots of our players which will be of benefit longer term. Gorgie after the game was absolutely buzzing, something we need to see more of in this new era, and it was brilliant to see Jambos of all ages enjoying such a great result. More of this please. 

Missed game due to concert. Watched what I could on phone. What a result.

And Cammy Devlin - how to answer recent critics and criticism. We salute you.

c585aefc8e1cc85f684632cbdacc9a13.gif&f=1

John Findlay

The most important substitution last night wasn't one made by Hearts.

For me it was Rosenborg taking òff their number 21. He was running us ragged in the middle of the park. For me that was a big faux pax on the part of their coach.

Just watching it again on sportscene, commentary mirrors Messi's third against arsenal when he put 4 past them Similar(ish) goal too, a wee dink over the keeper. Goosebumps all over again 

The general effort and workrate of Hearts was exceptional last night.  I think it shows the management have the powers of motivation to get that from them.  

It was a wee throw back to older Hearts teams, imo…..took some risks but it was all about how we ran harder than the opposition and kept pressing forwards…Also, the way we got back to defend as a team by busting a gut and equally how we attacked.  

Of course, there’s going to be periods you are being dictated to by the opposition but it’s fast becoming our new pattern of play and mentality whenever the ball falls for us.  

Edited by Debut 4

Cameronstheman
16 hours ago, Taffin said:

Drink thrown towards the players, Hello Hello ringing out and a smoke bomb on the pitch. The hand wringers will be out in force later

Try going to a game you fanatical non attender 

Just now, innerjambo said:

Bit surprised at the attendance tbh, under 18k?

Hardly any rosenborg fans in their section would probably account for that 

New Town Loafer

As an aside, yesterday was the warmest I can remember being at Tynecastle in an evening game.

22 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Try going to a game you fanatical non attender 

Weird post, imo. Can't work out if you're a hand wringer or a projectile thrower. As posted in this thread I'd have loved to be at the game.

Edited by Taffin

Cameronstheman

Took my wee lassie to the game, she was up to high dow,she just turned 12 ,started the high school this week, she had tears of joy when the 3rd went in and so did I as she cuddled me, unforgettable moment Thats what Hearts are all about:robboyas: 

Dunno of it's been covered before, but if we were to qualify, what's best case for the most money? Would we want Aberdeen to qualify for the Europa so we get the full conference money, or would it benefit us from splitting the money with Aberdeen if the gulf I'd too big. 

Hibs today get papped out either way.

Edited by Kendoll

SectionDJambo
9 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Took my wee lassie to the game, she was up to high dow,she just turned 12 ,started the high school this week, she had tears of joy when the 3rd went in and so did I as she cuddled me, unforgettable moment Thats what Hearts are all about:robboyas: 

You can't buy an experience like that.

That's what Hearts can do to you. Priceless moments.

JudyJudyJudy

Jesus what a day and night ! 

started off at Shandon but was like a crèche so we left after one pint. We went to Luckies . What at atmosphere . Lee McGregor was there and chatted for a while to my mate . Really decent down to earth guy . Then on to the match . Seriously one of the best nights I’ve ever had at Tynecastle. It was electric . 👍 went to  “ Bensons “ after which was bouncing and my mate introduced me to a fellow KB , decent guy too . Then into town to late . Rest is a blur . Sare heid today but well worth it !! HHGH 

heisenberg86

Was working last night so wasn’t there but the atmosphere sounded incredible on the TV! Have watched Devlins 2nd goal about ten times today! 

That roar when it hit the back of the net, the absolute limbs in the Gorgie stand, pure bedlam! Man I wish I was there as nights like that don’t come around to often for us, hopefully more of the same next week against PAOK please 🙏🏻 🇱🇻

The White Cockade

Was sat in Section R in main stand with my boy

Noisiest the stadium has been and best atmosphere there has been for years

Really enjoyed it apart from the handful of knuckle draggers who only seem to go to games to shout this is sh** Hearts and Mcevoy you’re a weegie cu** etc Really loud voices and they shout the same crap all game 

Absolute mouth breathers 

Do other clubs have the same load of bell ends in their support

I told one of them to shut the f up and thought he was going to have a go at me but they are all mouth 

LochcarronJambo

What a lift for the club players & fans last nite was, totally buzzing….even if we don’t progress next round the experience & whole event was such a positive & shows we are capable….well done Hearts & well done us 😁

5 hours ago, Cameronstheman said:

Future adult ST holder. Well done. 👍

10 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Well done hearts, had to celebrate on ma tod at coldingham bay caravan park, great result and well deserved, back home now, that bypass:facepalm:should be 3 lanes.

There are very few places better to be at on your own to celebrate a Hearts Euro tie win than Coldingham Bay.

Almost envious, so I am.

On 17/08/2023 at 13:03, JudyJudyJudy said:

Hopefully a few fans like this... :) 

OIP (1).jpg

Bump.

Just spotted this whilst scanning the thread, JJJ.

You really should have chummed along seeing as there were so many 🔥 Vikings stoatin' aboot.

On 17/08/2023 at 14:30, Pans Jambo said:

Is this our new RB???

No, Mr Pans J, but I'm sure that this 'un could, ahem, 'do a job' 👇

(if not for Hearts, then surely for JJJ 🤭)

Ps ... if only my Trondheim photo thread hadn't been locked. 😆

Screenshot_20230818_183929_Gallery.jpg

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Bump.

You really should have chummed along seeing as there were so many 🔥 Vikings stoatin' aboot.

IMG_8667.gif

7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

The most important substitution last night wasn't one made by Hearts.

For me it was Rosenborg taking òff their number 21. He was running us ragged in the middle of the park. For me that was a big faux pax on the part of their coach.

Running us ragged is a stretch. For 70 minutes we controlled the midfield 

9 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

Running us ragged is a stretch. For 70 minutes we controlled the midfield 

Not so sure about that. They were ptetty slick. Not a poor team, for sure.

Where I disagree with JF, is that it wasn't necessarily a faux-pas ... perhaps more a case of the lad having run himself into the ground.

7 hours ago, Kendoll said:

Dunno of it's been covered before, but if we were to qualify, what's best case for the most money? Would we want Aberdeen to qualify for the Europa so we get the full conference money, or would it benefit us from splitting the money with Aberdeen if the gulf I'd too big. 

Hibs today get papped out either way.

I think it's for us all to win,  Aberdeen to go into Europa, and us and Hibs in conference,  Hibs will have knocked out the only English team,  Scotland currently only gets 10% of UK market share split between all the teams, England take 90% split between their teams,  so if there's no English teams in the group stages , ourselves and Hibs would take 50% each of the market share, instead of 10% if we made it and villa knocked out Hibs 

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Bump.

No ma type @Wee Mikey  His tits arnt big enough 😂

kingantti1874
21 minutes ago, buba said:

I think it's for us all to win,  Aberdeen to go into Europa, and us and Hibs in conference,  Hibs will have knocked out the only English team,  Scotland currently only gets 10% of UK market share split between all the teams, England take 90% split between their teams,  so if there's no English teams in the group stages , ourselves and Hibs would take 50% each of the market share, instead of 10% if we made it and villa knocked out Hibs 

why in the hell would Scotland share a pot with England ? (Not saying you are wrong btw) 

RalphieCifaretto
54 minutes ago, SuperAustin said:

What was the tagawa song ? I can’t remember clearly how it went 

Song Tequilla by The Champs - replace Tequilla with Tagawa , and repeat.

1 hour ago, buba said:

Good to know, thanks 👍

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

why in the hell would Scotland share a pot with England ? (Not saying you are wrong btw) 

Just the way it works,  market share is for TV money and is sold as a package to the UK as a whole by UEFA,  so last season the English champions league teams shared 30odd million and rangers and Celtic shared 3 million,  obviously conference league TV money is a lot less,  but getting the full 100% split just between the Scottish clubs is a lot more than splitting the 10% between say us and Aberdeen if we both end up in it and Hibs go out

So, about last night.

It was a fantastic win. Possibly the best in Europe since we saw off Braga to make the inaugural Europa League groups. However, it wasn’t a brilliant performance. Good, but not brilliant. We put in maximal effort and we were good defensively, but we struggled to create much (despite the goals) and Rosenborg’s ball retention was a lot better than ours. Fortunately they were also low on confidence and gave us the ball back a lot.

Devlin was superb. An all-action performance. He was everywhere. Yes, he was lucky to score twice, but he put himself into a position to score the goals, which is half the battle. He also saved us several times in defence.

Boyce is getting great reviews, but I thought he was a bit disappointing. Clearly very fit and reads the game well, but he always wants an extra touch, gets robbed too easily, and gave the ball away multiple times.

Shankland - read a lot about the amount of weight he was supposedly carrying. Didn’t see any sign of it last night.

Denholm - he has talent, but I think it’s still a bit early for him in a game like this. Could have got himself sent off.

McKay - thought he was the difference when he came on. Gave the Rosenborg defence something new to think about.

We had three near tap-ins to the back post if the pass was completed.

First half,  Oda to Boyce, Oda decides to shoot, hits the post.   Shankland to Boyce again, this time the pass isn't on target, hits the goalkeeper.   Second half McKay received a forward  lofted ball to the far post, mis-kicks the volley, Shankland was waiting.   Three potential easy goals. 

Cochrane had a great chance in the first half, worked the ball onto his right foot, just failed to score.   We've seen him do it once before. 

Couple of chances in the first half for Kent and Rowles, both headers towards the goal but over the bar.   Rowles was closest.  Kent might have had another but got nudged off the ball.   Looked a penalty to me.   Kingsley with a shot on target but Kent tried to flick it and it went wide.   

Shanks scores 😌 

Second half.  Two Devlin goals.   A poor Kingsley free kick.   Kingsley with a good cross to Shankland in the box but cut out by the defender.   Some other chances but not as clear. 

Overall we got in their box a lot.   Created chances but certain players just aren't up to speed perhaps.   

We have players coming to the fore and some still battling to get there.   Some that were already there.   One in particular, Shankland.   Class. 

Devlin, Kingsley, Shankland were brilliant.   Boyce picking up good positions, good movement, deserved a goal.  

Still early into the season and we've not integrated the new players yet.   Lots of potential to have a great season.   

2 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Possibly the best in Europe since we saw off Braga to make the inaugural Europa League groups.

Given the current state of Scottish football financially I think disposing of PAOK would comfortably eclipse it.

9 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Not so sure about that. They were ptetty slick. Not a poor team, for sure.

Where I disagree with JF, is that it wasn't necessarily a faux-pas ... perhaps more a case of the lad having run himself into the ground.

100% not a poor team but I don’t think there was a stage where they ran us ragged. They hit us on the break occasionally 

20 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Why should anyone look daft ? Devlin's had some justified criticism and fair enough he delivered a great performance last night but that has to be the benchmark now. It's amazing how much better he performs when he's not running round kicking people. 

What a load of rubbish . He does not run around kicking people . He plays pretty much how he did on Thursday every time he takes to the park . How the opposition set up can play a big part in how effective his style of play is though . How he played vs Rosenborg would not have made much difference vs Kilmarnock with their tedious murder ball McInnes tactics . What he does not do though is run around kicking people , and any one who watches him regularly would know that 

Harry Potter
6 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

So, about last night.

It was a fantastic win. Possibly the best in Europe since we saw off Braga to make the inaugural Europa League groups. However, it wasn’t a brilliant performance. Good, but not brilliant. We put in maximal effort and we were good defensively, but we struggled to create much (despite the goals) and Rosenborg’s ball retention was a lot better than ours. Fortunately they were also low on confidence and gave us the ball back a lot.

Devlin was superb. An all-action performance. He was everywhere. Yes, he was lucky to score twice, but he put himself into a position to score the goals, which is half the battle. He also saved us several times in defence.

Boyce is getting great reviews, but I thought he was a bit disappointing. Clearly very fit and reads the game well, but he always wants an extra touch, gets robbed too easily, and gave the ball away multiple times.

Shankland - read a lot about the amount of weight he was supposedly carrying. Didn’t see any sign of it last night.

Denholm - he has talent, but I think it’s still a bit early for him in a game like this. Could have got himself sent off.

McKay - thought he was the difference when he came on. Gave the Rosenborg defence something new to think about.

Devlin made his own luck with pure graft and determination, 2 goals were the least he deserved.

Overall a great night for the team,  

Portable Badger

Sure it will have been covered somewhere but what did the tifo say?  Despite pictures from many different angles I still can't work out the wording on it.

Many thanks

3 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Sure it will have been covered somewhere but what did the tifo say?  Despite pictures from many different angles I still can't work out the wording on it.

Many thanks

From one generation to another