***Heart Of Midlothian Vs Rosenborg*** OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD

Masonic

Exile fae Main Street
11 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Anyone who doesnt think Atkinson had a very very good game tonight doesn't know much about football. 

3 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

This has got to be a wind up 🤣🤣 

Why exactly? Just the way I saw it chum, trust me if I wanted to be a wind up I wouldn't be doing it on a fan's forum! Listen, like I said Great night, but good performance? Dearie me! But hey, I probably am being too lucid on such a heady occasion of a night.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboozy

• iantjambo

• Clark Griswold

• Ricardo Quaresma

16 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Oh what a night... Watching the replay.  Beer.   Well happy. 

Same again next week please. 

🎵 Oh what a night

Watching the 🎵

🎵 Replay beer

Well happy 🎵

🎵 Same again next

Week please🎵

Nahhh, that doesn't scan.

2 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

On a night like this you need to work back as well as forward.....he wandered back, always on the wrong side, half heartedly....realise he's just back, but like Beni last week you shouldn't be there if your not ready...he didn't look ready mentally as much as anything!

Absolute nonsense.

I made a point of watching McKay. He made a big difference when he came on and I watched him track back a number of times at full pelt.

Exile fae Main Street
20 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Anyone who doesnt think Atkinson had a very very good game tonight doesn't know much about football. 

Anyone who thinks Atkinson is a  footballer must be from Australia!

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Why exactly? Just the way I saw it chum, trust me if I wanted to be a wind up I wouldn't be doing it on a fan's forum! Listen, like I said Great night, but good performance? Dearie me! But hey, I probably am being too lucid on such a heady occasion of a night.

you should try netball cause you know the square root of **** all about football. 🤣

laughable 

4 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Absolute nonsense.

I made a point of watching McKay. He made a big difference when he came on and I watched him track back a number of times at full pelt.

100% he worked his arse off defensively 

6 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Absolute nonsense.

Dreaming!

Exile fae Main Street
17 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

See this guy?

Walloper. 

What because I think it was a great result but crap performance? Ffs sonny get a grip.

Jack Torrance
4 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Brave decision that midfield. If Devlin gets booked early doors I want to see an even braver decision taken and hook him no matter how quickly it has to happen. 

Fingers crossed Devlin has a stormer and we are all talking about how good Denholm is at 90mins.

Good job he didn't get hooked, eh? 😄

south morocco
3 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

What because I think it was a great result but crap performance? Ffs sonny get a grip.

What performance do you want from Hearts given our budget etc. You are a troll and a bad one.  Perhaps you should take an Exile fae this site CHUM

Edited by south morocco

1 minute ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Literally everyone on this forum is in agreement tonight it was a fantastic performance, yet you are the only one who doesn’t.

Hmmm, something doesn’t add up. 

Anyway, I won’t waste any more of my time quoting you, I’ll get back to enjoying a sensational team performance and result. 

Enjoy your night 

Just calming down, as they said before game experience in Europe helped tonight. 

There was enough composure and patience. Deserved it. 

Just now, Jack Torrance said:

Good job he didn't get hooked, eh? 😄

Lol, he didn't get booked though 🤣 tbh I wanted him off when he looked like he was struggling late on too. Thank christ he stayed on. He was immense tonight. 

Exile fae Main Street
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you should try netball cause you know the square root of **** all about football. 🤣

laughable 

Dearie me, insults are cheap on here, easier than saying anything remotely  coherent I guess, no point in having an opinion is there....would wager you know the square root on not a lot chum.

On 10/08/2023 at 21:24, i8hibsh said:

Don't play Devlin and we have a chance.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

30 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Mackay was a passenger? I don’t think he’s anywhere near match fit but was given time due to necessity. Done well as Rosenberg didn’t know what to do about him. Opinions!! 

Thought he turned the game tbh. Direct, prepared to take his man on, more so than Oda. 

Exile fae Main Street
3 minutes ago, south morocco said:

What performance do you want from Hearts given our budget etc. You are a troll and a bad one.  Perhaps you should take an Exile fae this site CHUM

Me a troll? No way! I didn't intend to rain on anybody's parade! Should've kept my observations to myself, plainly. But troll, honestly, no, wasn't trying to be on the wind up at all. Some sensitive souls on here and that's a fact.

south morocco
1 minute ago, tiger Rudi said:

Thought he turned the game tbh. Direct, prepared to take his man on, more so than Oda. 

Opinions! I thought they were wary but weren’t sure how to deal with him. He obviously want his best but just being the pitch helped us. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Just home, the traffic was terrible but I don't care a jot, what a brilliant night of passion and atmosphere. It's what we live for, nights like that at Tynecastle.

Kept thinking it would go to 2 2 but great to be wrong.

We are getting there, room for improvement, of course but loved the commitment.

Tonight showed why we love our club.

We showed up in a big game long may it continue.

Exile fae Main Street
37 minutes ago, liam11 said:

Sheer determination and guts got us through that. Plus a little bit of luck.

Was critical of us surrendering the midfield once we levelled, but the direct approach got us through in the end.

We’re still not that great though tbh.

Somebody agrees wi me, well nearly! Does that make him a walloper or troll? Nah just edgy.

Exile fae Main Street
4 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Exile fae Fester Road😉

Oh ma sides, listen all you fuds who've insulted me, why bother? I'm just an old guy who dared put his head above the parapet. Frankly ya lot of growing up needs done on here 

I think the Exile makes some valid points.

That was one of Hearts' poorest performances. It was almost as bad as the  pitiful display we put in on 19th May 2012.

Embarrassing how we only got half way to double figures that day.

However, despite our awful performance tonight, I've got a lovely, warm glow in my heart and soul.

Exile fae Main Street
25 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Literally everyone on this forum is in agreement tonight it was a fantastic performance, yet you are the only one who doesn’t.

Hmmm, something doesn’t add up. 

Anyway, I won’t waste any more of my time quoting you, I’ll get back to enjoying a sensational team performance and result. 

Enjoy your night 

😂🤣😅

Exile fae Main Street
3 minutes ago, Ski Nae said:

I think the Exile makes some valid points.

That was one of Hearts' poorest performances. It was almost as bad as the  pitiful display we put in on 19th May 2012.

Embarrassing how we only got half way to double figures that day.

However, despite our awful performance tonight, I've got a lovely, warm glow in my heart and soul.

Me too til I had my ar*e kicked on here!

Exile fae Main Street
Just now, Exile fae Main Street said:

Me too til I had my ar*e kicked on here!

Btw it should've been 10 that day.

42 minutes ago, Ski Nae said:

🎵 Oh what a night

Watching the 🎵

🎵 Replay beer

Well happy 🎵

🎵 Same again next

Week please🎵

Nahhh, that doesn't scan.

😀   

Just through the first half.   Kingsley assist was a beauty.   Shankland finish, exquisite.    Kingsley hitting another cross in for Rowles.   Brilliant stuff. 

Just watched the highlights and noticed it was the Rosenborg number 8 who deflected the ball into the net for the third. He was one of the main protagonists getting in the ref's ear to try and get Hearts players booked earlier in the game. Delicious karma.

Also their little 16 year old crying at the end. No sympathy. Spent half the game rolling about and took a very cheap shot on one of our boys towards the end taking him out, charging into him at speed with no attempt to play the ball. The lack of booking from the ref was another of his really poor decisions. Enjoyed seeing Nypan crying after that.

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

Just watched the highlights and noticed it was the Rosenborg number 8 who deflected the ball into the net for the third. He was one of the main protagonists getting in the ref's ear to try and get Hearts players booked earlier in the game. Delicious karma.

Also their little 16 year old crying at the end. No sympathy. Spent half the game rolling about and took a very cheap shot on one of our boys towards the end taking him out, charging into him at speed with no attempt to play the ball. The lack of booking from the ref was another of his really poor decisions. Enjoyed seeing Nypan crying after that.

Are the highlights on the iPlayer as want to watch their play antics again. Their #17 was at it all night too. Great seeing them crash and burn

4 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

😀   

Just through the first half.   Kingsley assist was a beauty.   Shankland finish, exquisite.    Kingsley hitting another cross in for Rowles.   Brilliant stuff. 

Brilliant stuff, agreed.

Wonderful feeling.

An evening for positivity.

An evening to celebrate. 

5 hours ago, AGoodLaugh said:

I hope I'm proved wrong but if you'd been told this was our starting lineup for this game 2 months ago, would you have been happy? 

Cochrane: always rated him, slightly more open to the idea of trying him in new positions after tonight. He was great.

Denholm: still don't want to rely on him too much but he didn't look out of place tonight 

HMFC: glorious 

39 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Tried to get a photey of our legend JJ tonight,  but some big dude kept getting in the way 😉

20230817_211814.jpg

Surprised you had time for pics. 
The team were Offiah. 

jack D and coke
54 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Anyone who thinks Atkinson is a  footballer must be from Australia!

He was fantastic tonight. 
Bonkers if you don’t think so. 

jack D and coke

To my shame my first game at tynecastle for about a year tonight (do away games) and what a night to go back. 
Tynie looked and sounded sexual all night. Jambos you were noisy and supportive all night I don’t think I heard one negative shout. 
Im in love again🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

hearts 4 the cup
1 hour ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Roll on PAOK??? Were you watching the same game as me? Defence all over the place, midfield non existent....Great night don't get me wrong and I'm glad Tynie was rocking, but a bit of a reality check might be needed in the morning. 

We might lose, probability is that we will.

But come on, it’s not like we’re playing Real Madrid! If we can’t be confident/hopeful  going into a European game, particularly after a good result, when can we! 

we weren’t that bad either, not fluent but competed well and played some good stuff.

tynecastle was as it should be on a night like this, well played to all hearts fans, it was a pleasure being in your company tonight!

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Natty and Cam proving that having Australian DNA does not need to hamper your football career too @i8hibsh

Devlin was simply immense. 
Like a wee dervish tackling and chasing. Magnificent. 
When he does that and keeps it simple he’s a real asset to Hearts. 

Byyy The Light
5 minutes ago, Ski Nae said:

A wee rendition of Byyyy the Light was a nostalgic highlight for me.

🎶🌜

Good to see you too

What a night makes it all the sweeter being in Trondheim last week and there cocky fans giving it the big one on the streets after the game as if they had won the tie. 

We beat a team tonight who had 11 players and one referee against us. A gutsy performance which bodes well for the future. Remember we are only 4 games into our season that lot are half way through their's Onwards and Upwards planet earth is maroon not green as we are led to believe