***Heart Of Midlothian Vs Rosenborg*** OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD

Masonic

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Devlin was simply immense. 
Like a wee dervish tackling and chasing. Magnificent. 
When he does that and keeps it simple he’s a real asset to Hearts. 

Love him . He could have played another 90 straight after the final whistle and be man of the match again 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboozy

• iantjambo

• Clark Griswold

• Ricardo Quaresma

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Love him . He could have played another 90 straight after the final whistle and be man of the match again 

Just chased them down all night it’s something I love about players. Just desire and effort sometimes is all you need to get you off your seat. 
Hos distribution isn’t great but when he he just does the dirty work like that I love him. 
Two goals tonight too he fully deserved them for his graft. 
Im still buzzing tbh😂🇱🇻

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Just chased them down all night it’s something I love about players. Just desire and effort sometimes is all you need to get you off your seat. 
Hos distribution isn’t great but when he he just does the dirty work like that I love him. 
Two goals tonight too he fully deserved them for his graft. 
Im still buzzing tbh😂🇱🇻

^ kens 

Still buzzing from this result, it's great how we bounced back after conceding so early, like many on here I thought the tie might have been out of reach, we were opportunistic with our goals and that ball cleared off our line was immense and may have just kept us in it because with this ref it would have been a long way back!

Just in the door!! Wow what a night! What a performance after conceding with the 1st ball into our box!! 
I thought the game was done but that lovely finish from Shanks sent us on the way to an amazing turnaround, a superbly determined and dogged performance backed up by an amazing support at THE best stadium in Scotland!! Amazing! My 10yr old had tears in his eyes at the winner! 
What a night!! Would of far rather stayed for a few beers to celebrate rather then the 3yr drive home but wow it was worth it!!

2 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

Absolute nonsense.

I made a point of watching McKay. He made a big difference when he came on and I watched him track back a number of times at full pelt.

Agree! McKay made a big difference. 

6 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Just in the door!! Wow what a night! What a performance after conceding with the 1st ball into our box!! 
I thought the game was done but that lovely finish from Shanks sent us on the way to an amazing turnaround, a superbly determined and dogged performance backed up by an amazing support at THE best stadium in Scotland!! Amazing! My 10yr old had tears in his eyes at the winner! 
What a night!! Would of far rather stayed for a few beers to celebrate rather then the 3yr drive home but wow it was worth it!!

Have to agree with all of this, I am glad you were able to watch it live, envious! Cheers!

Watt-Zeefuik

When some people are just begging to be put on the ignore list, you sometimes just have to oblige.

I'll say it again, if we're not going to fear Celtic and Rangers in cup matches, we should have even less fear of PAOK. Sure they've got a better squad on paper, but football games aren't played on paper, they're played inside little computer screens.

Every year in Europe there's dozens and dozens of results where smaller teams take out bigger teams. I'm not putting money on it but it's far from beyond hope that that's us this year.

Fitzroy Pointon
4 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

Hope the wife's not asked you to bring a loaf in. 

7 hours ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Why exactly? Just the way I saw it chum, trust me if I wanted to be a wind up I wouldn't be doing it on a fan's forum! Listen, like I said Great night, but good performance? Dearie me! But hey, I probably am being too lucid on such a heady occasion of a night.

You didn't give Cammy Devlin pass marks. Clueless. One of, it no thee worst call ever made on not only this forum, but the history of the Internet. 

7 hours ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Anyone who thinks Atkinson is a  footballer must be from Australia!

Absolutely no having it that your a Hearts fan. 

Great win. 

I thought for 70 minutes we dominated the game. Once we made the subs we lost control of the midfield and it was too open. A couple of lapses in defence wasn’t ideal but they didn’t have as much cover with us pressing up quite high. 

7 hours ago, Ski Nae said:

🎵 Oh what a night

Watching the 🎵

🎵 Replay beer

Well happy 🎵

🎵 Same again next

Week please🎵

Nahhh, that doesn't scan.

You should've just amended it:-

🎶🎵🎶

Oh, what a night (do, do, do, do)

Watching the replay, loving Hearts show fight

Beer, well happy, as high as a kite

Same 'gain next week, please? Too right!

🎶🎵🎶

On 15/08/2023 at 13:21, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Controlled the game over there, expect us to do the same here.

Embarassing the amount of tickets sold however.

You still embarrassed?

6 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Great work @Wee Mikey about time they get called out. 

Not seeing any of those who are ever so quick to stick the boot in retracting their knee-jerk comments, for sure:-

"Can we go out and get a ****ing management team?"

being a typical example.

Some folks, eh? 😆

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Natty and Cam proving that having Australian DNA does not need to hamper your football career too @i8hibsh

I want to be proved wrong but one game will not do that. Devlin was outstanding last night. I hold my hand up and admit I called it wrong but he has mostly been terrible up to this point and fully deserved to have negative comments thrown his way.

If he is shite in his next game then will you come on and say I was right seeing as I am being called out for him having one good game. Ffs the Kilmarnock game ratings on here had him as 2/10 in the most part. Infact go through all the matchday ratings of every game he has played to this point and I don't think he would even average a 5.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

I want to be proved wrong but one game will not do that. Devlin was outstanding last night. I hold my hand up and admit I called it wrong but he has mostly been terrible up to this point and fully deserved to have negative comments thrown his way.

If he is shite in his next game then will you come on and say I was right seeing as I am being called out for him having one good game. Ffs the Kilmarnock game ratings on here had him as 2/10 in the most part. Infact go through all the matchday ratings of every game he has played to this point and I don't think he would even average a 5.

No because he has not been mostly shite . You are just incapable of looking deeper in to a players performance than the stand out moments . You make your mind up about players based on stupid theories like their DNA and nationality :lol: 

If Devlin has a poor game next week or when ever it will still not prove you were right about him not being good enough because he is Australian and that some how meaning he is genetically incapable of being a good player

Dont feel bad about it though , lots of supporters are incapable of seeing what a player does beyond a couple of headline moments backed up by a pre determined prejudice with no scientific backing 🙂 

I saw Devlin on the team sheet and cursed. Couldn’t have been proved more wrong.

His problem is he’s shown up when we play two DM against lower opposition.

if he’s playing against sides like that just shove him alongside an attacking midfielder like Lowry

Bazzas right boot

Cracking come back !

We looked dangerous going forward and our defence looks more solid.

Our midfield still lacks a bit of control and composure at times but we're in a good place.

Boyce has came back and what a difference he makes,  when he went off we lost our way a bit.

Cammy had a great game and Aki was good too. Shankland showed some class touches. 

Kingsley was looking more like the player we know. 

Seeing  bazza back was also great.

Harry Potter

Well done hearts, had to celebrate on ma tod at coldingham bay caravan park, great result and well deserved, back home now, that bypass:facepalm:should be 3 lanes.

2 minutes ago, longmalx said:

I saw Devlin on the team sheet and cursed. Couldn’t have been proved more wrong.

His problem is he’s shown up when we play two DM against lower opposition.

if he’s playing against sides like that just shove him alongside an attacking midfielder like Lowry

Don't see why.think he gets far too much grief on here

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

What a night. Great team performance, but Devlin and Shankland were immense. Devlin's performance tonight has to put to bed any doubters. Of course will have bad games to come, but now no doubt what he has to offer.

7 minutes ago, Prehen said:

What a night. Great team performance, but Devlin and Shankland were immense. Devlin's performance tonight has to put to bed any doubters. Of course will have bad games to come, but now no doubt what he has to offer.

Exactly mate . A well balanced post . It will never catch on 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

No because he has not been mostly shite . You are just incapable of looking deeper in to a players performance than the stand out moments . You make your mind up about players based on stupid theories like their DNA and nationality :lol: 

If Devlin has a poor game next week or when ever it will still not prove you were right about him not being good enough because he is Australian and that some how meaning he is genetically incapable of being a good player

Dont feel bad about it though , lots of supporters are incapable of seeing what a player does beyond a couple of headline moments backed up by a pre determined prejudice with no scientific backing 🙂 

Not sure that's the correct choice of word for him.

Ex member of the SaS

Fantastic result after such a horrendous start, many on here giving Cammy a hard time must not look a little daft. If he manages to stay away from an early yellow he is such a power house and does his job well. Deserved his goals ( even with a little luck ) and must be feeling on top of the world.

1 minute ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

17,942 at the game ....but it was sold out ? 

Well over 1,000 empty seats between segregation and only around 100 in the away end. 

What feeling what a night still buzzing . Night's like that rarely come along crowd were brilliant every player gave there all. Bring on the plate smashers we are going to smash them 💪🤣 Gonna be tough but we need to enjoy it and give it a right go. Opa 🇬🇷

3 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

Who cares what a feeling what a night drink it in buddy 😍

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Fantastic result after such a horrendous start, many on here giving Cammy a hard time must not look a little daft. If he manages to stay away from an early yellow he is such a power house and does his job well. Deserved his goals ( even with a little luck ) and must be feeling on top of the world.

Why should anyone look daft ? Devlin's had some justified criticism and fair enough he delivered a great performance last night but that has to be the benchmark now. It's amazing how much better he performs when he's not running round kicking people. 

Ricardo Quaresma
10 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Oh ya fecker. Up there with the best of them. Well done lads.

Every time I see you post it reminds me of this: :lol:

33 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

Massive segragation, and the away end was empty.

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Cracking come back !

We looked dangerous going forward and our defence looks more solid.

Our midfield still lacks a bit of control and composure at times but we're in a good place.

Boyce has came back and what a difference he makes,  when he went off we lost our way a bit.

Cammy had a great game and Aki was good too. Shankland showed some class touches. 

Kingsley was looking more like the player we know. 

Seeing  bazza back was also great.

Boycie's first touch and ability to put defenders on their arse is pure poetry.

What a player.

18 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Aye right....you not due a feed?

Lunch? Aye, nearly time. Mind your optician appointment today 👌🏽