Welcome Lowry

Bazzas right boot

Keep hearing about his great delivery...majority of his corners are hit at waist height. Absolute powderpuff. 

Some of the abuse he was getting yesterday (near me) was a bit OTT though.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• jtkb

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

Eskilsson's Odyssey

Yesterday’s set pieces aside, he’s a a good footballer in a not very good set up atm.

He has some limitations, but less so than some others he’s playing alongside.

Good coaches would be able to work with him on those limitations and get more out of him.

Rangers don’t appear to have achieved that either though tbf.

Just now, Eskilsson's Odyssey said:

Yesterday’s set pieces aside, he’s a a good footballer in a not very good set up atm.

He has some limitations, but less so than some others he’s playing alongside.

Good coaches would be able to work with him on those limitations and get more out of him.

Rangers don’t appear to have achieved that either though tbf.

He looks to have the required talent and skills imo but he needs help channelling those more productively. 

Eskilsson's Odyssey
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He looks to have the required talent and skills imo but he needs help channelling those more productively. 

A friend from Glasgow told me Lowry supposedly has a terrible attitude, which might explain it.

However, surely that just needs guidance. This loan could have provided the perfect opportunity for a conversation about proving himself.

Who knows, maybe that conversation has happened, but to no avail (yet) and he’ll be another “could have been”.

I can see real ability there, compared to some. It would be a shame for him to waste it.

I hope the right coaching and conversations are happening.

A_A wehatethehibs

I don’t know why everyone’s comparing him to McKay. Unless the comparison is, the boy is nowhere near as good as McKay was at that age. And nowhere near as good as Mckay now. That about sums up the comparison. 

Glamorgan Jambo

Was ridiculously overhyped on the basis of a late appearance as a sub against a very tired St Johnstone defence. With the many sevco leaning journos more than doing their duty to their paymaster.

He strikes me as being lazy. Doesn’t work hard enough, doesn’t track the runner (to be fair, none of our team do) and not interested in doing any defending. Clearly has tons of ability, but hasn’t worked out yet that this isn’t enough.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
16 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I don’t know why everyone’s comparing him to McKay. Unless the comparison is, the boy is nowhere near as good as McKay was at that age. And nowhere near as good as Mckay now. That about sums up the comparison. 

He reminds me of McKay in as much as he's clearly capable of moments of magic, he just doesn't seem to do it often enough. 

I agree McKay is a much better player though, hopefully he's back sooner rather than later. 

1 minute ago, VALDOS' said:

A silky central midfielder who's playing out of position and not ever going to do the dirty work

Yup

Eskilsson's Odyssey
29 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

He’s not a winger. Why are we playing him as one? 

This.

Possibly because he looked decent/better for a bit on the left wing v Dundee?

But be looked much better through the middle v St J.

People on here raving about him after that game.

He should play through the middle.

Very poor management imo.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Mostly everything he tried didn't come off for him, apart from a few good moments in the game. 

That said, it looked like anything we were going to create was going to come through him. 

I certainly don't think he was our worst player, not by long shot. 

The one thing that we lack throughout the squad is someone stepping up and to make that forward pass and at the right moment, yet he is the one player in the team that always looks to play that pass, first and foremost.

I just hope he sticks with his own belief and doesn't stop doing it. He needs to work on his execution though.

15 hours ago, Eskilsson's Odyssey said:

This.

Possibly because he looked decent/better for a bit on the left wing v Dundee?

But be looked much better through the middle v St J.

People on here raving about him after that game.

He should play through the middle.

Very poor management imo.

He played through the middle first half away to Dundee and he was atrocious. Actually played well for first 20 mins of 2nd half on the left hand side.

3 hours ago, amadjambo said:

He played through the middle first half away to Dundee and he was atrocious. Actually played well for first 20 mins of 2nd half on the left hand side.

Yep. That’s what I thought. Though the it’s not working thing was throughout the whole team for the first half v Dundee unfortunately. 

21 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Keep hearing about his great delivery...majority of his corners are hit at waist height. Absolute powderpuff. 

Some of the abuse he was getting yesterday (near me) was a bit OTT though.

He can improve his delivery under the guidance of our manager McCavoy. Frankie was known as 'Mr Delivery' in his 19 years at the Royal Mail.

An impact sub at best for me, he offers nothing off the ball and his work rate is zero. When he is on it he looks great but when he is off it he looks extremely bad. This is to be expected from a young player but we cant have passengers the way we are playing so he should be on the bench and brought on if needed. Also pisses me off that Vargas, Oda or Tagawa most likely miss out on a starting spot so we can accommodate and help develop a youngster from sevco.

In all seriousness I see him as nothing but another player through our doors in the Budge era who would no doubt have been much better under better managers, medical staff, trainers and an all round more professional setup.

:sob:

Ironically he’d be best suited in behind Shankland. Would mean overhypers would have to choose between Lowry and Boyce and I’m not sure the majority are prepared to do that.

20 hours ago, boag1874 said:

He’s not a winger. Why are we playing him as one? 

Exactly my thoughts.  We are all screaming out for an attacking CM.  He could be that guy.  

40 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ironically he’d be best suited in behind Shankland. Would mean overhypers would have to choose between Lowry and Boyce and I’m not sure the majority are prepared to do that.

Have said a few times, but I don't think he deserves to start. His appearances following the St Johnstone game have been woeful. It comes off that he's not earning the minutes he's being given. What is doubly annoying is that he could probably make a solid impact from the bench, but is being wasted as a starter. Sunday showed him being greedy to the teams detriment and considering he's not even our player, its not on. Reeks of being more interested in personal glory than helping the team which just isn't acceptable. 

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Have said a few times, but I don't think he deserves to start. His appearances following the St Johnstone game have been woeful. It comes off that he's not earning the minutes he's being given. What is doubly annoying is that he could probably make a solid impact from the bench, but is being wasted as a starter. Sunday showed him being greedy to the teams detriment and considering he's not even our player, its not on. Reeks of being more interested in personal glory than helping the team which just isn't acceptable. 

Difficult to disagree with any of this

We_are_the_Hearts
12 minutes ago, OTT said:

Would you rather he just passed the buck like the rest of them. Play a slow predictable pass back to where it came from like Haring did a million times. Personally I applaud him for trying something different, ok it never came off but thats what you need to open up the Motherwells and Killys. No the slow lack of bravery crap the rest offered up. 

1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Would you rather he just passed the buck like the rest of them. Play a slow predictable pass back to where it came from like Haring did a million times. Personally I applaud him for trying something different, ok it never came off but thats what you need to open up the Motherwells and Killys. No the slow lack of bravery crap the rest offered up. 

I'd rather he used the ball sensibly and the multiple times Shankland was lingering at the back post, to put a ball through to him instead of taking a shot that ends up in the stands. 

I'm not going to praise greed when it results in multiple wasted chances because when you waste chances like that, invariably you pay for it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/09/2023 at 11:37, Lambo85 said:

I am really not convinced on what I have seen from him so far. 

He's just got 75 minutes to play for Hearts to equal his minutes for Rangers first team.

He's a young boy just starting out. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

He's just got 75 minutes to play for Hearts to equal his minutes for Rangers first team.

He's a young boy just starting out. 

Well said...some people haven't a clue 

Despite his goal, he needs to remain a sub.

We thought he was going to be incredible after his debut, better to leave him on the bench, actually use Grant and then have Lowry in reserve. 

Also, well done. Showed some really good composure, other players would have snatched at the initial chance instead of turning back on himself to create space. Really good awareness. 

Great finish from Lowry, the drag back, then pass it in to corner, top drawer.....well done son!!!

Hope for lowry's sake, we don't get the rangers in the semi finals 

4 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Great finish from Lowry, the drag back, then pass it in to corner, top drawer.....well done son!!!

Hope for lowry's sake, we don't get the rangers in the semi finals 

Hopefully st mirren

My 2 pennies, we have zero creativity outside of Lowry and McKay. One of them has to start when either or both are fit. When we have 55%+possession we need someone to unlock defences and only those 2 are capable in my eyes.

1 hour ago, weaz1981 said:

My 2 pennies, we have zero creativity outside of Lowry and McKay. One of them has to start when either or both are fit. When we have 55%+possession we need someone to unlock defences and only those 2 are capable in my eyes.

We’re as good as 10 or 10 1/2, rather than 11, when he plays. That’s not having a go, that’s just recognising he’s a passenger unless we’re the dominant side. Which is fine, but we need to recognise what he is. Coming on fresh against tiring sides as an impact sub is exactly how he should be utilised.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

We’re as good as 10 or 10 1/2, rather than 11, when he plays. That’s not having a go, that’s just recognising he’s a passenger unless we’re the dominant side. Which is fine, but we need to recognise what he is. Coming on fresh against tiring sides as an impact sub is exactly how he should be utilised.

From comments Naismith has made about him before and after the game tonight, I do think that he believes there is a great player in him that just needs unlocking. Get that done and he could be fantastic, but at the moment its getting on as a sub to make the impact.

50 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

From comments Naismith has made about him before and after the game tonight, I do think that he believes there is a great player in him that just needs unlocking. Get that done and he could be fantastic, but at the moment its getting on as a sub to make the impact.

Definitely, he’s far too raw and naive in certain parts of the pitch to be starting him in games against half decent opposition if we can help it. Brilliant impact sub for now though.

That drag back to fool the defender and create space for the shot was class. Most players take the chance and it’s blocked. 

Good football brain on him. I’d have like him on earlier, came in way too late. 

The most creative player at our club, natural ability that cannot be taught, a bit of a loose cannon, the type the modern coach doesn't like. He needs to start, if he is not being effective he can be taken off, but do not discourage him, that would be a disservice to our game.