St Johnstone vs The Famous Heart of Midlothian** official match day thread**

Bongo 1874

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Is Beni injured ?

Well he didn’t play against Leeds, cant see him starting?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Clark Griswold

Kirky Jambo

Got a feeling we will draw 1-1. Late Shankland penalty to salvage a scarcely deserved point.

Hope I’m wrong - I usually am.

St J seem to be woeful but we will lack match sharpness and they will be desperate for a result.

15 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Zero not match fit yet 

Dunno. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him start. In the PSF before Leeds, pretty sure he played the full 90..Going from what Naisy said the other day, he’ll be available for selection this weekend.

And of course, the only way to get match fit is to actually play.

1 hour ago, Kirky Jambo said:

Got a feeling we will draw 1-1. Late Shankland penalty to salvage a scarcely deserved point.

Hope I’m wrong - I usually am.

St J seem to be woeful but we will lack match sharpness and they will be desperate for a result.

Sounds like you still have mental scarring from our abysmal away from last season. Can’t blame anyone for that.

But St Johnstone are very poor. They are missing a huge amount of players. We will have a strong team out (potentially a new signing or two in the team) with near 5000 fans in attendance. 

Looking forward to this one. 

Hearts win.

1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

Sounds like you still have mental scarring from our abysmal away from last season. Can’t blame anyone for that.

But St Johnstone are very poor. They are missing a huge amount of players. We will have a strong team out (potentially a new signing or two in the team) with near 5000 fans in attendance. 

Looking forward to this one. 

Hearts win.

The down side is this.

Steven McLean is the man in the middle for St Johnstone against Hearts.

Just now, wavydavy said:

The down side is this.

He’s managing Saints and reffing the game? No happy about this 😏

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The down side is this.

He does at least one of our games there every season it seems 🤦🏽

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

Dunno. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him start. In the PSF before Leeds, pretty sure he played the full 90..Going from what Naisy said the other day, he’ll be available for selection this weekend.

And of course, the only way to get match fit is to actually play.

Very true.

Still think he will start on the bench though.

No Idle Talk

I've supported Hearts for far too long to be lulled into a false sense of security by St Johnstone's recent results. Seen it too many times where a team is desperate for a pick me up result and they get it against us. 

I really have no idea what to expect from us on Saturday. I feel like all possible outcomes are on the table. We could ship goals and lose. It could be a boring draw between two teams who are far from at their best. We could go there and beat them comfortably. 

It's good to have the the JT's back but I am feeling some trepidation about where we are at the moment. I think I'm just going into this one with everything crossed and hoping for the best. 

4 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I've supported Hearts for far too long to be lulled into a false sense of security by St Johnstone's recent results. Seen it too many times where a team is desperate for a pick me up result and they get it against us. 

I really have no idea what to expect from us on Saturday. I feel like all possible outcomes are on the table. We could ship goals and lose. It could be a boring draw between two teams who are far from at their best. We could go there and beat them comfortably. 

It's good to have the the JT's back but I am feeling some trepidation about where we are at the moment. I think I'm just going into this one with everything crossed and hoping for the best. 

I tend to agree but we’ve strengthened. I do wish we had Gordon, Halkett, Beni (if he’s not fit to start), Mackay,  Cochrane and the new lads.

we should have enough though. 
come Saturday on the train I’ll be buzzing though

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I tend to agree but we’ve strengthened. I do wish we had Gordon, Halkett, Beni (if he’s not fit to start), Mackay,  Cochrane and the new lads.

we should have enough though. 
come Saturday on the train I’ll be buzzing though

Based on the likely starting line up for Saturday, how exactly have we strengthened?

Watt-Zeefuik

This should be a fairly easy one with St. Johnstone's injuries but with our signings coming in so late I worry they won't be fully bedded in and without them our squad is still full of holes.

Just hoping for the best.

16 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Based on the likely starting line up for Saturday, how exactly have we strengthened?

We have Kent, also the new mid must surely be an upgrade on Kio. Possibly have Boyce on the bench or even starting. And a manager that will play players in their natural positions with an intent on attacking. He plays Oda for starters and in his natural position. Definitely an improvement for me anyway and the small possibility the Japanese forward may feature

26 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

We have Kent, also the new mid must surely be an upgrade on Kio. Possibly have Boyce on the bench or even starting. And a manager that will play players in their natural positions with an intent on attacking. He plays Oda for starters and in his natural position. Definitely an improvement for me anyway and the small possibility the Japanese forward may feature

I’ll give you Kent. 

We’ve lost Gino. I suspect Boyce will be on the bench. McKay not playing. It will be Haring and Devlin in the middle. I would say overall the starting line up is marginally weaker than the one that ended the season. 

Meh should still have enough to beat st Johnstone without our two new forwards,

I predict a 3-2 win for us,

My line up would be 

Clark

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley 

Oda Beni Hoff Forrest

Shanks Boyce

Mr Elwood P
45 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

This should be a fairly easy one with St. Johnstone's injuries but with our signings coming in so late I worry they won't be fully bedded in and without them our squad is still full of holes.

Just hoping for the best.

Have we not won one game there in a decade or something?

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Have we not won one game there in a decade or something?

Yep, but big Zander's never lost the fixture so we're all good.

BackOfTheNet

To get an away win on the board so early would be a huge boost. So I guess we know what’ll happen.

Meant to be positive going into a new season, and I am mostly, but decades of being a fan of our glorious club has skelped my optimism somewhat.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

I’ll give you Kent. 

We’ve lost Gino. I suspect Boyce will be on the bench. McKay not playing. It will be Haring and Devlin in the middle. I would say overall the starting line up is marginally weaker than the one that ended the season. 

That when you last watched Hearts?

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Robbie Neilsons brutal away record is a thing of the past folks. Positives going forward come on 👍🇱🇻🇱🇻

Neilson’s away record was bog standard for a Hearts manager. The record in Perth goes back five managers and before Neilson won there the last competitive win was Sergio and he needed aet to do it. The last 90 minute win was 2010 by JJ.

We’re a promising squad that’s still learning to play together that’s well short of attackers barring a rush job to get Tagawa in at the last minute. I’d love to see us roar out of the gates but this feels like it has 0-0 draw all over it. And considering the circumstances,  I’d be okay if not thrilled with that.

Watt-Zeefuik
5 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I think Kent and Calem are going to be great signings in time. But they’ve been training with the squad for, what, 10 days now?

If we don’t look like the finished product the weekend we need to be patient.

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, hearts00 said:

I’ll give you Kent. 

With a centre half that can actually attack the ball our starting xi will be stronger than the team that finished last season. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
13 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

With a centre half that can actually attack the ball our starting xi will be stronger than the team that finished last season. 

Don't agree with that , gino pace and goals missing ,

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Don't agree with that , gino pace and goals missing ,

depends if we get Tagawas paper work done and if he settles right away

Too early to say just now but if Beni plays and Tagawa plays and does well , then I would say along with Hoff and Kent we would be stronger on the pitch and on the bench 

Of course Tarawa could take six months to settle and not even be cleared to play by Saturday , Beni not make it , and the Hoff and Kent both struggle , but that would be some colossal bad luck 

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

depends if we get Tagawas paper work done and if he settles right away

Too early to say just now but if Beni plays and Tagawa plays and does well , then I would say along with Hoff and Kent we would be stronger on the pitch and on the bench 

Of course Tarawa could take six months to settle and not even be cleared to play by Saturday , Beni not make it , and the Hoff and Kent both struggle , but that would be some colossal bad luck 

I'm very confident we'll win on Saturday but not sure if we stronger than last season with gino gone , mckay still injured , Cochrane suspended but as you rightly say if Beni plays that's massive plus ! Time will tell but we'll win on Saturday 

Wr have absolutely no right to expect an easy win give our dreadful away record which goes back well beyond RN.

Any sort of win would be tremendous 

Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up a draw tbh .

Horatio Caine
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

This team lost 0-4 against East Stirling just last weekend , expecting a comfortable win

Stirling Albion....(just saying)

Ricardo Quaresma

The jonnies fans are expecting an absolute pounding, some are betting against their team, but yes they could be playing along with the narrative

They're trying to get players in and others back from injury; loads of vulnerable players to focus on, maybe

10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

This team lost 0-4 against East Stirling just last weekend , expecting a comfortable win

Yeh because football works like that…

unfortunately there will

be nothing comfortable about Saturday. 

1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

0E54A884-C016-4ED7-BA37-9A989B1EC81C.jpeg.4e9da62a1bb1d19cae7fd77146a65ca2.jpeg

If we cannot beat this St Johnstone team, then no way are we finishing third.

Easy win for us on Saturday.

Selkirkhmfc1874
10 minutes ago, karipidis said:

unfortunately there will

Obviously football doesn't work like that but we've got to be going there and winning this weekend 

Shooter McGavin

I’m sure the players will be going into this game with a much more positive attitude than some on here.

It’s not going to be a walkover by an means, but huge travelling support and a team that’s in dire form, can’t really get much better than that for the first game of the season.

0-2 JT’s

19 minutes ago, karipidis said:

unfortunately there will

How do you know that? It does happen you play sides that have just been gubbed by part timers and turn them over.

Edited by GinRummy