St Johnstone vs The Famous Heart of Midlothian** official match day thread**

Bongo 1874

FarmerTweedy
20 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

To start with a win at Perth is a great result. We have terrible record.  1 win in 10 years or something like that.

2 wins in a row there now! 😃

And also 2 wins since Oppenheimer were a lad! 🤔

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Clark Griswold

11 hours ago, franko1874 said:

Same Leanne that makes you go deaf when she talks on the radio. 

Wish she would resign from her role, excruciating nonsense is all that comes from her gob 

She absolutely hates us too - I wonder what the background to that is?

FarmerTweedy
4 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Pretty sure it was daytime, but...

Reveal hidden contents

Memories from the 00s that scream Glasgow - Glasgow Live

If you ask me, Saturday night starts as soon as the final whistle blows! Unless it's a lunchtime kickoff!

13 hours ago, Dazo said:

Yep, know people who were on the pro course with him. Total knob. 

You could tell he was a tube when he was with us. I dont often really dislike a Hearts player but he was one i hated seeing play for us

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

It’s been going on for years. I’m not sure why they’re so invested in Aberdeen.

Dickhead Gordon is a massive sheep.

13 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Big Peter haring was excellent today - got stuck right in but also played some good football - still an important player for us

Absolutely, I'm not sure Big Pete will ever get back to where he was pre-injury, but he sure is trying. 

I think he's a bit of an underappreciated figure, he breaks up play excellently but actually has the ability on the ball to pick a pass. Kind of like a blend of Devlin/Beni. 

I hope Haring is here for a few more years tbh, he's proven how difficult he is to replace, like whenever we think he's done he pops back up. One of my favourite players. 

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

You could tell he was a tube when he was with us. I dont often really dislike a Hearts player but he was one i hated seeing play for us

Still believe to this day that he refused to score against the jonnies for us

11 hours ago, Waterboy said:

I've no idea what Hearts have done to her but she can't hide her hatred for us. Caught about 2 minutes of her today before the game, at it again. 

It was just bizarre. I can understand a snap judgement "oh that looks offside" sees replay.. "no well on. Good goal"

But no she (and Preston a little) made it sound like there was a big check for offside and a handball. The pictures simply didn't reflect what they were saying. 

28 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

It’s just really really poor Journalism, really cheap pundits - who if they were worth a sook at their respective jobs they would be on Sky Sports.

I listened to the BBC preseason podcast on Hearts and it was that cringeworthy that I ended up switching it off 10 minutes in! All they could summon up was “Who’s the manager”??? (Hohoho have a wee laugh at Hearts).

No research, no insight, no football knowledge, no interviews with the anyone from Hearts….. A cheap production. Awful.

No wonder our game suffers when our national media outlet is an utter embarrassment.

Joel Sked was on that pod.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, briever said:

She absolutely hates us too - I wonder what the background to that is?

She played for Hibs and Celtic. 

Neverforgetfiveone
1 minute ago, briever said:

Joel Sked was on that pod.

Aye - and deserves a medal for putting up

with their pish

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

It was just bizarre. I can understand a snap judgement "oh that looks offside" sees replay.. "no well on. Good goal"

But no she (and Preston a little) made it sound like there was a big check for offside and a handball. The pictures simply didn't reflect what they were saying. 

Having watched the goal again on Hearts social media from the corner flag angle the St Johnstone handled the ball into Odas path. They wouldn’t have seen that though.

Pasquale for King
Just now, briever said:

Surely its not that predictable.

Shes a weegie, they’re not that complicated. Why do you think Andy Walker hates us for example?

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

It’s just really really poor Journalism, really cheap pundits - who if they were worth a sook at their respective jobs they would be on Sky Sports.

I listened to the BBC preseason podcast on Hearts and it was that cringeworthy that I ended up switching it off 10 minutes in! All they could summon up was “Who’s the manager”??? (Hohoho have a wee laugh at Hearts).

No research, no insight, no football knowledge, no interviews with the anyone from Hearts….. A cheap production. Awful.

No wonder our game suffers when our national media outlet is an utter embarrassment.

None of them have any journalistic training though, they are just ex players that are in favour at the moment. They have no idea about the game today or what constitutes a yellow or red card, unfortunately the BBC are not alone in employing ill informed moronic pundits.

Neverforgetfiveone
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

None of them have any journalistic training though, they are just ex players that are in favour at the moment. They have no idea about the game today or what constitutes a yellow or red card, unfortunately the BBC are not alone in employing ill informed moronic pundits.

For me - there is systemic bias in the make up of the shows. There is a deadly seriousness when they report on Celtic or Rangers and there’s a jovial stupidity when they report on any other team in the league. 

18 minutes ago, OTT said:

Absolutely, I'm not sure Big Pete will ever get back to where he was pre-injury, but he sure is trying. 

I think he's a bit of an underappreciated figure, he breaks up play excellently but actually has the ability on the ball to pick a pass. Kind of like a blend of Devlin/Beni. 

I hope Haring is here for a few more years tbh, he's proven how difficult he is to replace, like whenever we think he's done he pops back up. One of my favourite players. 

4 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

For me - there is systemic bias in the make up of the shows. There is a deadly seriousness when they report on Celtic or Rangers and there’s a jovial stupidity when they report on any other team in the league. 

Except Aberdeen. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

Absolutely, the only allegedly Hearts minded people all have their own beef with the club. 

24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Shes a weegie, they’re not that complicated. Why do you think Andy Walker hates us for example?

Because he got dugs abuse from us for years - nobody had heard of Crichton until the BBC decided to inflict her on us.

Pasquale for King
Just now, briever said:

Because he got dugs abuse from us for years - nobody had heard of Crichton until the BBC decided to inflict her on us.

Chicken and the egg, he only got abuse because he hated us. Glasgow Catholic ex Hibs and Celtic player hates Hearts shocker, dont ever forget the world they exist in is completely different from where we are in 2023. 

LarrysRightFoot
6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It’s been going on for years. I’m not sure why they’re so invested in Aberdeen.

Caught a bit of the BBC Radio lead up to the Hibs St Mirren game. They were doing overviews of yesterday’s games and other than mentioning we won they never spoke about us during their ‘analysis’, only spoke about St Johnstone. 

LarrysRightFoot
4 hours ago, briever said:

When she was first on the telly I thought Crichton was alright. However, she has been shooting shite for a couple of years now. Hardly alone in the right enough. 

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Caught a bit of the BBC Radio lead up to the Hibs St Mirren game. They were doing overviews of yesterday’s games and other than mentioning we won they never spoke about us during their ‘analysis’, only spoke about St Johnstone. 

I’ve more or less stopped listening to it now. I’ll occasionally stick the headphones in on my way back from a game to hear post match interviews but it really is awful. 

Oda be a JT
On 05/08/2023 at 18:56, JimmyCant said:

I wouldn’t say it was dire. I’ve seen much worse first halfs away from home, but we were cruising for a lot of it. Upped the tempo second half and we ended up winning fairly comfortably 

I wasn’t aiming my comment at just us, I just generally though the first half for both teams was rubbish - maybe it’s first game of the season and neither was in the zone - 2nd half was better, possibly that is due to the fact we scored two (won).

Edited by Oda be a JT

1 minute ago, Oda be a JT said:

I wasn’t aiming my comment as just us, I just generally though the first half for both teams was rubbish - maybe it’s first game of the season and neither was in the zone - 2nd half was better, possibly that is due to the fact we scored two (won).

If you are saying it was a poor game first half I’d probably agree. Not that we ourselves were poor and we certainly weren’t dire, mostly that the home team didn’t have much ambition and we’re playing against a deep midfield 4 and a back 5 when we had the ball. if your playing a team who fall into a rigid wall like that when they lose the ball or the opponent crosses half way, you MUST play at tempo. First half we didn’t. Second half we did, particularly when we brought the pace on.

Was it a great game ? No not really

Were we great ? For the last quarter I thought we were pretty good.

Were we ‘dire’ at any stage ? No I didn’t think we were.

StJ may get relegated, but they were no pushover. They worked hard and closed us down. There will be a lot of games like that this season. The creativity Lowry brought was key to the win. We'll need that to beat stodgy teams.

5 minutes ago, Black Swan said:

StJ may get relegated, but they were no pushover. They worked hard and closed us down. There will be a lot of games like that this season. The creativity Lowry brought was key to the win. We'll need that to beat stodgy teams.

Absolutely, it took us 70 minutes and a lucky break of the ball to score. Breaking them down was looking beyond us, and I think teams will struggle to break them down if they approach every game in the same manner. 

On the flip side, they offered zero attacking threat for 90 minutes. Their entire strategy seemed to be set pieces and nothing else. I don't think you can go into games with no game plan on how to score from open play. 

I think they'll prove to be a very tough nut to crack for Aberdeen and Hibs. Thankfully, thats one game against them done. Annoyingly, we have to play them again up there in Feb. Which probably means 3 games, 2 away 1 at home which is a frustrating outcome. 

14 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Because 15,000 of us called him a w***** live on British television ?

Lossiemouth Jambo
48 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

14th surely; you can't count Wardhaugh 3 times!   It may have occurred 16 times.....

Pasquale for King
On 07/08/2023 at 01:34, JimmyCant said:

Because 15,000 of us called him a w***** live on British television ?

Why? Because he hated us well before that.