St Johnstone vs The Famous Heart of Midlothian** official match day thread**

Bongo 1874

Looking forward to this game. Think we will be exciting to watch and will get 2 or 3 goals. Saints will be trying hard to make amends for last weeks shocker. Route 1 will be their main thrust so will test Kent and Rowles and our ability against high balls into the box. Excited at Tagawa signing, think he will be a top player and him and Oda to rip a lot of these teams we have struggled against away from home.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Clark Griswold

4 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Any road closures tomorrow noticed that there’s cycling races on today in Perth 

Think they should be ok for tomorrow

it is Perth Show this weekend so the town will be very busy. 

Bazzas right boot

2-2 or 2-1 us, I expect a tight game.

Either that or we win 6-3.

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Where is the best place to park these days? Not been to Perth in a while 

At the ground. 

iain ferguson

Still available…

Have 2 tickets for sale as cannot now make the game - 1 adult and 1 under 12. In the Ormond Stand about half way up behind the goal. Please DM if interested in buying these for £20.

7 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

How many tickets have we sold for this?

4300 ish 

looks like around 600-700 to sell 

Bungalow Bill

It’s inexcusable for us to not win this game. Huge support, vastly better squad. Come on Hearts! 

Edited by Bungalow Bill

Batistuta87

Buzzing. I've really missed the football this year. Can't wait to get back. 

As an aside, I heard this morning that St Johnstone have a guy called Ronaldo on trial 🤣 - nae idea who it could be - there's a number of players called Ronaldo but can't find any who would be a realistic target for them. 

Fxxx the SPFL
43 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

Think they should be ok for tomorrow

it is Perth Show this weekend so the town will be very busy. 

👍

Really don’t know what to expect in this one. Preseason has felt weird, inconsistent and has gave us very little insight as to where we are at just now. New guys look good on paper but not up to speed, I suspect when the lineups are announced, we’ll see the likes of Forrest and Grant. Hopefully that is only temporary 

Although even if we are 3rd/4th gear, it’s surely enough to take care of a St J side in disarray. I expect they’ll fight for everything though and will be better organised. Don’t let them settle Hearts

Edited by liam11

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, liam11 said:

Really don’t know what to expect in this one. Preseason has felt weird, inconsistent and has gave us very little insight as to where we are at just now. New guys look good on paper but not up to speed, I suspect when the lineups are announced, we’ll see the likes of Forrest and Grant. Hopefully that is only temporary 

Although even if we are 3rd/4th gear, it’s surely enough to take care of a St J side in disarray. I expect they’ll fight for everything though and will be better organised. Don’t let them settle Hearts

Better start of in 1st gear , no slow start, and quickly up to 6th gear at full revs, hit the ground running

as they say.

No real build up for this one. No manager interviews on Hearts official media platforms, nothing from players and no training photos. As much as I can think of a good few things I care more about than pre-game media, it does seem like the club is letting the season start with a whimper.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, RDSK said:

No real build up for this one. No manager interviews on Hearts official media platforms, nothing from players and no training photos. As much as I can think of a good few things I care more about than pre-game media, it does seem like the club is letting the season start with a whimper.

Would imagine we'll get that this afternoon yet

Ricardo Quaresma
9 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would imagine we'll get that this afternoon yet

Hopefully too busy with getting players in, or getting players ready for tomorrow

5 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Hopefully too busy with getting players in, or getting players ready for tomorrow

The media team perform neither of those tasks! 

Selkirkhmfc1874
15 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

As far back as I can remember always had pre match presser and don't think it'll be any different now 

24 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Pre match pressers with the two Frankies are up on HeartsTV now

5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Where is the best place to park these days? Not been to Perth in a while 

Tesco was always fine 

2 hours ago, RDSK said:

They’re up now but all pre season been really poor hearts tv coverage 

5 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

Supporter Information: St Johnstone vs Hearts (heartsfc.co.uk)

Jeez this article hasn't got many positives in it. Where you can and cant park, sit in your proper seat, entry denied if you refuse search, pyro, no smoking, unacceptable conduct etc

Common sense to refuse pyro. If some farmer tried to force it on me, I'd boycott the match.

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Do St Johnstone still open the suite at the stadium before the game?

Yeah

Watt-Zeefuik
21 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Zander

Kent.                Rowles

Atkinson                                             Kingsley

Devlin        Haring

Grant

Shankland                Oda

Kagawa

Subs:  Stone, Sibbick, Beni, Calem, Halliday, Boyce, Forrest, Pollock, Smith

Surprised at the number of folks putting Grant in instead of Calem. I'd swap those two.

Also don't think Tagawa will start. Could see Forrest on in the Gino role.

Edited by Led Tasso

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

Surprised at the number of folks putting Grant in instead of Calem. I'd swap those two.

Also don't think Kagawa will start. Could see Forrest on in the Gino role.

I think its maybe because Calem is a bit of an unknown quantity still. Grant whilst a bit underwhelming so far, we kind of know he can link play and stuff. Think I'd rather see:

Zander

Aktinson Kent Rowles Kingsley

Devlin Haring

Oda Shankland Forrest

Kagawa

Totally appreciate Kagawa is also a bit of an unknown quantity, but I think the Portugese league is a much higher level, even if he was playing for relegation fodder, and I'm 99% sure he's a Gino replacement.  

Luckies1874
9 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I'm surprised how many have Devlin ahead of him!

Watt-Zeefuik
23 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I'm surprised how many have Devlin ahead of him!

They play two different positions IMO. I expect them to be on the pitch at the same time a fair bit.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

I was in 2 minds on Grant v Calem too and went for the former as he's had a full pre-season with the rest of the team; and we are going to have to find out sooner or later on whether he's a real first team pick or not.

Read somewhere over 4k away fans tomorrow? That's a phenomenal effort. Anyone know more accurate ticket sales? 

14 minutes ago, Homme said:

Read somewhere over 4k away fans tomorrow? That's a phenomenal effort. Anyone know more accurate ticket sales? 

It was over 4.3k this morning 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

It was over 4.3k this morning 

Looks about 150 seats left to sell, fantastic sales and well done everyone who is going. 

Pasquale for King

Clark

Kingsley

Rowles

Kent

Atkinson

Lowry

Haring

Hoff

Oda 

Boyce

Shankland

I think that will be the team, worry about that defence tbh but hopefully we can outscore them, 3-2.

Diadora Van Basten

This is a hugely difficult team selection we have players who are fit but not great.

Players who are untested in this league.

Players who aren’t 100% fit.

Players who have just arrived. 

I think if we get through this game with any kind of a win it will be a huge result.

Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

This is a hugely difficult team selection we have players who are fit but not great.

Players who are untested in this league.

Players who aren’t 100% fit.

Players who have just arrived. 

I think if we get through this game with any kind of a win it will be a huge result.

Definitely understand your point of view here, and it might be the beer talking, but I'm confident we'll get a good result tomorrow. Fancy us to score 2 and don't fancy St Johnstone to score 2, so that sets us up well 😂