St Johnstone vs The Famous Heart of Midlothian** official match day thread**

Bongo 1874

OMG! I was in the car when Oda scored. Leanne Crichton was going on about Oda being offside or a handball etc. Going as far to suggest it was surprisingly the goal was given!!!

He is played on by 4 or 5 St Johnstone players and my hands were as close to it as his... 

Insert I don't pay my licence fee for thus pish gag 🤪 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Clark Griswold

7 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Geez 😂😂 I’m not pleased with that half but holy moly tone it down just a notch man!

🙂 don’t believe our squad is good enough ,  hopefully I am proven wrong and we improve on last season 

7 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

And I thought cancer and a bad chest infection were the depths!   Silly me.

Hope your doing well mate , my wife has just got the all clear after a year long battle with cancer ( still getting treatment but was great news) .

7 hours ago, Mr Kipling said:

Get another beer inside of you. The answer is always at the bottom of a bottle 🤣

Funny enough the more gin I drank the better it got 🙂

10 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

OMG! I was in the car when Oda scored. Leanne Crichton was going on about Oda being offside or a handball etc. Going as far to suggest it was surprisingly the goal was given!!!

He is played on by 4 or 5 St Johnstone players and my hands were as close to it as his... 

Same Leanne that makes you go deaf when she talks on the radio. 

Wish she would resign from her role, excruciating nonsense is all that comes from her gob 

colinmaroon
6 hours ago, Marvin said:

Shanks :wub:

Yassssssssass  :flagwave:

TBF Awful game overall from Shanks but for the goal, easy as it was.  2-0 at Perth in these circumstances give me hope we can break the away cursg put on us bt a hibby witch

Stuttgart 2000
2 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but I thought Stephen Kingsley was looking more like his old self today.

That was said in our group on way back, he looks/is far more comfortable  playing that position.

34 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

I've no idea what Hearts have done to her but she can't hide her hatred for us. Caught about 2 minutes of her today before the game, at it again. 

11 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

I've no idea what Hearts have done to her but she can't hide her hatred for us. Caught about 2 minutes of her today before the game, at it again. 

It’s her problem I don’t give a flying **** what she thinks.

colinmaroon
41 minutes ago, fila said:

Hope your doing well mate , my wife has just got the all clear after a year long battle with cancer ( still getting treatment but was great news) .

If you will forgive the phrase, Praise the Lord.  For many reasons He puts us through trials (30 years training as a Hearts Supporter for example) and would you believe worse when I became a Christian - vehement opposition.  Tested by fire and found to be gold.    There is no greater joy when the presence of Jesus is tangible and you KNOW He is with you.   Church is going well, health is problematic and the strange thing, as I have got worse, the church has grown and we have seen incredible funds come in for redoing our sanctuary, opening it up, lots of light, a new creche, disabled toilets - sometimes think they're planning ahead for me :).!!!

God willing your wife will not look back.  I never worry where all this goes.  I have a greater life to go to!

21 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Not just her but they whole bbc sportsound team. Absolutely hate us for some reason. Droning on about the management set up pre match then almost choking when we had the audacity to score. Feck the lot of them especially Willie Miller 

Ricardo Quaresma
29 minutes ago, Lightbulb said:

Not just her but they whole bbc sportsound team. Absolutely hate us for some reason. Droning on about the management set up pre match then almost choking when we had the audacity to score. Feck the lot of them especially Willie Miller 

They've been like that ever since the days of davig begg; I can still remember the only thing positive he ever said was he liked the look of Robert Tomaschek

40 minutes ago, Lightbulb said:

100% feck them all 

bobby bombscare

What a great start to the season! Our first competitive 45mins of the season were a bit shaky but we made up for it over the 90 with 2 goals, a couple close calls and many good individual performances. 

As can be seen from Sevco and Aberdeen, these are not guaranteed points and anyone can slip up on the first competitive game of the season! So happy that during our first competitive fixture, away from home, at a ground we (until recently) have a poor record at, I'll take a 2-0. 

Important competitive action for Beni and Boyce as they step back into the fold and an introduction to the Scottish game for Kent, Tagawa and Calem. I think we have a strong squad, with real competition for every position now (except Atkinson). 

If shankland doesn't perform (though I doubt he will bag any less than 20 goals) then Boyce is waiting. A player any team outside the OF would have in their starting 11. Same goes for McKay, Devlin, Harring, Cochran etc. 

For quite a few years we had a big gap between our first team and out subs/reserves. I don't think that is the case now. Many of our subs are better than Hibs or Aberdeen's starting 11. 

3 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

I think we have a strong squad, with real competition for every position now (except Atkinson). 

Sibbick ready to step in for Atkinson or Kent.  Cochrane on the the left in the same role for now.  

2 hours ago, franko1874 said:

Same Leanne that makes you go deaf when she talks on the radio. 

Wish she would resign from her role, excruciating nonsense is all that comes from her gob 

She does my box in.

**** her and her microphone…

This was a great result for us today, and a well-deserved win. Three points away from home has been a relatively rare beast for us in recent years.

And Vargas is now joining the squad.  Lots of reasons for optimism.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

A still of the Boyce pass to Shankland.

image.thumb.png.400a2270bb34ab3e4b4941c3cc9c8b0c.png

Almost like they know what they are doing.

Watt-Zeefuik
6 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

.Aye? 😉

LOL. TBF it was 0-1 at 90'. So therefore, uh, I mean, hey look over there!

6 hours ago, basscom said:

She does my box in.

**** her and her microphone…

This. 

LarrysRightFoot
10 hours ago, Daveandal said:

The BBC were creaming themselves over Aberdeens numbers at Livi. Not one mention of our support.

I’ve been noticing it more and more - they really talk up Aberdeen. They typically ignore us as much as they can or put a negative slant on things as much as possible. 

(I know I’m sounding like an OF fan btw). 

2 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

The BBC were creaming themselves over Aberdeens numbers at Livi. Not one mention of our support.

I’ve been noticing it more and more - they really talk up Aberdeen. They typically ignore us as much as they can or put a negative slant on things as much as possible. 

(I know I’m sounding like an OF fan btw). 

It’s been going on for years. I’m not sure why they’re so invested in Aberdeen.

Ricardo Quaresma

I E-Mailed bbc after they published an article regarding the old Main Stand, when it was about to be replaced - they claimed it was under 100 years old, when the title had 'Centenary' in it

They had the cheek to give me an arsey response, too 🙃

Bad Religion
13 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

So, you're saying Shankland was onside because he's level, or behind the ball, when Boyce passed, not because he's also past the last defender?

That is onside, but Shankland didn't look like he was behind, or even level with the ball

-

😂 ffs 

Jack Torrance
12 hours ago, Smithee said:

:laugh2: pretty much though! This was no Humps breaking from his own box, Shanks had stopped for a fag in their half when Boyce broke and he had to let Boyce catch up so he wouldn't be offside.

😆 For the record, any comments I've made/make about an unfit Shankland are very much tongue in cheek.

11 hours ago, maroondevo52 said:

Shankland had a knock early doors, think he took a while to shake it off.

I noticed that too. Thought he was going to go off. Looked a sore one.

11 hours ago, Jeff said:

That pass by Boyce is underrated by the way

He had a big target to hit though. 😉

FarmerTweedy
15 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Boyce was in our half when Lowry passed; sorted

Boycie then took it past the last defender; now it's a free-for-all and Shankland can go anywhere, nobody's offside when the ball is carried past the last defender

That's not true, Shankland would still be in an offside position if he was ahead of the ball. He was slightly behind the ball when Boyce passed it  for him though. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

That's not true, Shankland would still be in an offside position if he was ahead of the ball. He was slightly behind the ball when Boyce passed it  for him though. 

Just keep reading the thread mate, to it's conclusion 👍

FarmerTweedy
15 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I honestly didn't know that last part. I've seen other goals scored in a similar way and wondered. Cheers

Probably because it isn't true! 

johnking123

To start with a win at Perth is a great result. We have terrible record.  1 win in 10 years or something like that.

Neverforgetfiveone
10 hours ago, Lightbulb said:

It’s just really really poor Journalism, really cheap pundits - who if they were worth a sook at their respective jobs they would be on Sky Sports.

I listened to the BBC preseason podcast on Hearts and it was that cringeworthy that I ended up switching it off 10 minutes in! All they could summon up was “Who’s the manager”??? (Hohoho have a wee laugh at Hearts).

No research, no insight, no football knowledge, no interviews with the anyone from Hearts….. A cheap production. Awful.

No wonder our game suffers when our national media outlet is an utter embarrassment.

41 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

%"*& her WITH..... FIFY

Rapey post from a clown with a fantasy username. 

Delete it you weirdo.

FarmerTweedy
12 hours ago, Bozi said:

I didn't get to see the game today so was watching the comments on here, one thing stood out

Shankland doesn't fit, Shankland doesn't look interested, Shankland looks overweight, Shankland scores a goal in the 96th minute 😂

Even better, Shankland scores a break away goal late, late in the game and was set up by Boyce....must have been the slowest counter attack in history 😂😂

Tbf, it was only the 93rd minute when Lowry played the ball forward for Boyce! 😃

Neverforgetfiveone
8 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

To start with a win at Perth is a great result. We have terrible record.  1 win in 10 years or something like that.

Have to be level headed about the win there. Yes it’s a good result but they are probably the worst team in the league. Kilmarnock will be a different challenge next weekend. Really hope we can put them to the sword!

FarmerTweedy
11 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Sooo.... about earlier, I don't know why I forgot an element of the offside, maybe the off-season, must've got frazzled sometime

It's only a free-for-all when the attacker takes the ball to the BYE-LINE, as the ball is the offside line after breaching the last defender line

Arsehole :smuggy:

We'll let you off, it was a Saturday night! 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Perth is a trying place for most teams to go to. Lost count of the games we’ve been well on top in there and landed up losing.  Yesterdays result was a real positive and one we can build on. We now have a cracking squad  - outside the Old Firm definitely the best.  We need to crack on now and show what we are capable of. I’m sure we are in for a really good and possibly stellar season.  High time the moaner shut up and got behind the team. Looking back on this thread some of the comments made are risible. We are on the up. Look for the positives.

Unknown user
58 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The media attempt to play down hearts at every turn and in every way. 

**** the media, we don't need their approval, we're the capital's number 1 and we're on the march!

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

LOL. TBF it was 0-1 at 90'. So therefore, uh, I mean, hey look over there!

🤣

FarmerTweedy
24 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Just keep reading the thread mate, to it's conclusion 👍

Getting there! 😃

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

We'll let you off, it was a Saturday night! 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Pretty sure it was daytime, but...

Spoiler

Memories from the 00s that scream Glasgow - Glasgow Live