• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Clark Griswold

13 minutes ago, Cade said:

:pleasing: Poor performance but three away points in the bag.

You didn't notice the conditions in the first half?

Watt-Zeefuik
8 minutes ago, saxondale said:

He was one of our brightest players in the first half (although that wasn't hard). But he clearly has limited ability and will be dropped down the pecking order when McKay and Vargas get involved.

He may even be sold, along with Grant.

Precisely. The players we brought on were clearly better but they're all brand new arrivals. Forrest one of the only players to get pass marks in the first part of the first half. Oda obviously did well eventually but he was absolutely awful in the first half hour. Haring pathetic, Neiwendhoff anonymous, Shanks totally uninvolved, Kent out of position, etc.

He's not going to be a starter very often but he was alert and making himself available and doing positive things with the ball when nobody else but Kingsley was. I'm not going to say he's a new star or anything but the folk slating him for today are embarrassing themselves.

8 minutes ago, saxondale said:

He was one of our brightest players in the first half (although that wasn't hard). But he clearly has limited ability and will be dropped down the pecking order when McKay and Vargas get involved.

He may even be sold, along with Grant.

In the first 15 minutes you mean? Then he very quickly regressed. Not good enough sadly. 

AlphonseCapone

Always fun reading through this after a game, quite a few posters looking like utter dicks. They could do with learning a bit of patience. 

First half was poor but St. Johnstone just sat back and made it difficult. Plus that's our first competitive game this season, they've played 4. We were slow to start but got there in the end. 

Lowry looks an absolute player. Tagawa also showed glimpses of his ability. Oda continuing to look good. Kent looked solid and Rowles looks better beside him. Atkinson had a very good game. Boyce and Beni back. An away win at a place we have a terrible record. That's a very good start to the season. You can easily see how good a squad we've got and I'd expect at least 2 or 3 of the lads that came off the bench to be starters. Your Forrest and Hallidays won't get a look in unless things go very wrong. 

No Idle Talk
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s so hard to play against teams who pack the midfield like that. Ultimately we were able to improve while they just ran out of steam. 

That is true. 👍

Thought Atkinson was terrific today.

Cammy ran his heart out once again.

Can't wait until they are all back to full fitness and start to gel.

Watt-Zeefuik
3 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

In the first 15 minutes you mean? Then he very quickly regressed. Not good enough sadly. 

I'd say first 35-40. Late in the first half he beat 3 players on his side to get a cross in that Calem mistimed and arrived just a bit too late to head in but that wasn't Forrest's fault.

Second half he wasn't as noticable in part because the rest of the squad actually showed up, and then faded. If he wants abundant game time he should probably move on but I'm happy to have him on the bench if he's willing to take a paycheck for 15-20 appearances a year, mostly as a sub.

Edited by Led Tasso

RudiSkacel51
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Always fun reading through this after a game, quite a few posters looking like utter dicks. They could do with learning a bit of patience. 

Couldn't agree with this more, there were Hearts fans booing at the end of the first half, ridiculous imo.

13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We’ve got a decision to make there I reckon. 3 signings probably not in the initial list (Lowry Takawa Vargas) and we can only switch 2 of them into the squad. Vargas may not be registered in time of course

What do you mean? not sure I understand! Can we only register 2 of the 3 players?

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Attack, attack, attack....😁

Shouldn't it be "Tora Tora Tora"?

“Tora Tora Tora” was the Japanese code expression for the signal to begin the attack on Pearl Harbor. “Tora” is a Japanese word that means “tiger,” but the full phrase is considered an abbreviation for totsugeki raigeki, which implies “lightning attack.”

The White Cockade

Liam Boyce looked really sharp

When he came on which is really pleasing Kind of guy you want coming on with 30 minutes to go and good enough to start when required 

gerryjambo41

Great result, we weren’t in any danger apart from set pieces, all the new lads did well . Big Peter Haring man of the match for me although there were a few contenders . Good three points in a place we don’t win often (enough) 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Dick Dastardly
33 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Think it’s this first and second phase thing?

Shanks miles off from initial ball but not active till Boyce received it?

But then Boyce passed it forward to Shankland who was ahead of the defenders, no? Anyway, it's a goal. Hapoy enough with the score anthe second half. 

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, Footballfirst said:

“Tora Tora Tora” was the Japanese code expression for the signal to begin the attack on Pearl Harbor. “Tora” is a Japanese word that means “tiger,” but the full phrase is considered an abbreviation for totsugeki raigeki, which implies “lightning attack.”

This was discussed on the transfer thread and as many have pointed out is really probably better left aside. I suppose it's not as much of a touchpoint for Brits but in the US associating ordinary Japanese people living around us with Pearl Harbor and the Japanese army has been the starting point for a lot of horrific discrimination and pain.

Surely we can do better?

Dick Dastardly
34 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Boyce was miles onside to collect Lowrys pass and then Shanks was not ahead of Boyce for the pass that led to the goal.  Not sure why it would be offside.

Shankland was ahead of Boyce though, well it looked like that to me. Not that I'm complaining, just curious 

Dick Dastardly
26 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

No way. He was behind the halfway line when Lowry passed it. Scary how slow St Johnstone were in back tracking!

Boyce wasn't off side but i thought Shankland was when Boyce passed it to him. I've bee wrong before though. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

What do you mean? not sure I understand! Can we only register 2 of the 3 players?

We have already submitted a squad list and I presume none of the were on it. So now we can make 2 changes to that initial squad before midnight on Wednesday. It’s possible we got Takawa on the initial list but we must have cut it fine if we did

23 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

We have got so much more attacking options up front 

A bench that can change games

Rowles looked like he could defend again. 

Ton of positives 

Oh, and the sheep couldnt beat Livi 

Good day at the office 

True 👍 

9 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Precisely. The players we brought on were clearly better but they're all brand new arrivals. Forrest one of the only players to get pass marks in the first part of the first half. Oda obviously did well eventually but he was absolutely awful in the first half hour. Haring pathetic, Neiwendhoff anonymous, Shanks totally uninvolved, Kent out of position, etc.

He's not going to be a starter very often but he was alert and making himself available and doing positive things with the ball when nobody else but Kingsley was. I'm not going to say he's a new star or anything but the folk slating him for today are embarrassing themselves.

Yep, he's obviously not gonna be a world-beater, but if he plays quite well then he should be given credit for it.

Dick Dastardly
5 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Liam Boyce looked really sharp

When he came on which is really pleasing Kind of guy you want coming on with 30 minutes to go and good enough to start when required 

Definitely agree

Takeshi kovac
37 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

He should have

Not sure, like the fact he hit it early, keep doing that and it will pay off for him

Edited by Takeshi kovac

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I'll take that......😀

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Boyce wasn't off side but i thought Shankland was when Boyce passed it to him. I've bee wrong before though. 

IMG_9179.jpeg

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

But then Boyce passed it forward to Shankland who was ahead of the defenders, no? Anyway, it's a goal. Hapoy enough with the score anthe second half. 

He was level with the ball when the pass was made, you think they would give us a goal that was offside?

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

This was discussed on the transfer thread and as many have pointed out is really probably better left aside. I suppose it's not as much of a touchpoint for Brits but in the US associating ordinary Japanese people living around us with Pearl Harbor and the Japanese army has been the starting point for a lot of horrific discrimination and pain.

Surely we can do better?

Apologies for repeating something that has been covered elsewhere.

I keep my distance from the "transfer thread" 

Dick Dastardly
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He was level with the ball when the pass was made, you think they would give us a goal that was offside?

Not if we were playing the old firm but i doubt the west coast refs give a flying **** about that game

5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Nope. When Boyce played the pass Shanks was behind. Boycie played it front of him and he ran onto it.

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

IMG_2780.thumb.jpeg.6453c66f47e6205d109bcf9014395378.jpeg

Loved the way he waddled forward in the 95th minute to get on the end of Boycie’s pass. 😀

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, whodanny said:

Nope. When Boyce played the pass Shanks was behind. Boycie played it front of him and he ran onto it.

Yeah, I've been shown a screenshot. It definitely looked like he was in front when i saw it. Nobody claimed for it so i was just bit confused. It's been a long day I've been up since half 3! 

manaliveits105

So we're shite and got lucky with an offside goal 

Glorious 

GIRUY hubz 

HHGH :av-1001:

Edited by manaliveits105

2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Yeah, I've been shown a screenshot. It definitely looked like he was in front when i saw it. Nobody claimed for it so i was just bit confused. It's been a long day I've been up since half 3! 

I just saw the screenshot after I posted. It showed what I was trying to convey better than my words. :thumbsup:

Anyway. Good win. Good start !!

Edited by whodanny

39 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

Do you think? I actually thought we played pretty well. A little bit rusty, maybe? All in all, the link up play looked good, more potent in front of gaol ad the scoreline would have reflected the domination and chance creation. 

First half was a bit of a non event. We were in control, but with the lack of attacking quality on the park the game appeared even and scrappy. As soon as we made the subs with the new guys coming on, the quality we showed was very good and St Johnstone just couldn't hold out.

Their keeper saved them from a bit of pasting.

Watt-Zeefuik
17 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Shankland was ahead of Boyce though, well it looked like that to me. Not that I'm complaining, just curious 

The way I read it was that if Shanks had taken the first ball it would have been off. However Boyce wasn't and he got the ball. With Boyce taking several touches forward Shanks fell back and got behind the ball and therefore became onside again. That made Boyce's ball to him onside.

Dick Dastardly
8 minutes ago, whodanny said:

I just saw the screenshot after I posted. It showed what I was trying to convey better than my words. :thumbsup:

Anyway. Good win. Good start !!

100%

Watt-Zeefuik
14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Apologies for repeating something that has been covered elsewhere.

I keep my distance from the "transfer thread" 

I totally understand why. There was some OTT back and forth about it which I think was unnecessary, but I do think it's better left aside for now.

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Farmers keeper looks like a really good find. 

Def. Could keep them up by himself the way they look ATM.

16 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Well there you go then, I'm wrong again! 😂 😂 

I felt the same, but no var so must have been ok.

The Old Tolbooth
34 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Sorry, I must have fallen asleep and hallucinated Forrest being the only player in the first 25 minutes to actually do anything with the ball when he carried it into the final third.

And done nothing with it… 

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

The way I read it was that if Shanks had taken the first ball it would have been off. However Boyce wasn't and he got the ball. With Boyce taking several touches forward Shanks fell back and got behind the ball and therefore became onside again. That made Boyce's ball to him onside.

Yeah. Like I've said in other replies, i was positive Shankland was ahead of Boyce when he (Boyce) passed it, so i thought it was off. I've been presented with irrefutable photographic evidence showing me the error of my ways and the increased need for a visit to specsavers. I'm humbled by my mistake! 

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, Boris said:

I felt the same, but no var so must have been ok.

Thank god I'm not the only half blind fool on the forum 😂😂😂

The Old Tolbooth
11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

So we're shite and got lucky with an offside goal 

Glorious 

GIRUY hubz 

HHGH :av-1001:

Is that what they’re saying? 😂 

At least we’re not “losing to Andorran pub team” shite 😂 

1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

First half was a bit of a non event. We were in control, but with the lack of attacking quality on the park the game appeared even and scrappy. As soon as we made the subs with the new guys coming on, the quality we showed was very good and St Johnstone just couldn't hold out.

Their keeper saved them from a bit of pasting.

I'd say that's a fair assessment. Lowry looked creative and on a different level at times, Tagawa fast and skillful, only thing missing was a goal, the St Johnstone keeper was on fire though. Could easily have been four nil had he not made some very good saves. We were always in control though, never felt like they carried a real threat, couple of counter attacks was all they really mustered.