Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

That's got to be worth a tenner.

Well, that's the gamble; you win or you don't, a tenner's not much, sure

As long as we win, by whatever score, that's cool

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

The Black Prince

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Hoff goes. Very classy player and desperate to get into Socceroos calculations for the Asian Cup so he'll be busting a gut to impress. Suspect he'll do well and get picked for Oz but unfortunately at Cammy's expense.

Ricardo Quaresma
7 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Hoff goes. Very classy player and desperate to get into Socceroos calculations for the Asian Cup so he'll be busting a gut to impress. Suspect he'll do well and get picked for Oz but unfortunately at Cammy's expense.

What's the scene? Who else is in there?

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

It'll be tough though, he's just relocated across the planet to a place where day is night and winter is summer. I don't expect too much from the new guys straight away.

The Mercer Takeover
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It'll be tough though, he's just relocated across the planet to a place where day is night and winter is summer. I don't expect too much from the new guys straight away.

He's been here long enough to acclimatise. We also have several Aussies on the books which must help greatly.

There can be no excuses holding him back.

He was completely out of his depth against Leeds, which I suppose we can forgive being his first game, however the most worrying thing was his complete lack of pace. This isn't impacted by any settling in period.

Must be miles behind Devlin in the pecking order. 

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

He's been here long enough to acclimatise. We also have several Aussies on the books which must help greatly.

He was completely out of his depth against Leeds, which I suppose we can forgive being his first game, however the most worrying thing was his complete lack of pace. This isn't impacted by any settling in period.

Jesus, tough crowd

The Black Prince
1 hour ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

And quite a few said he was one of Hearts' best against Leeds...

I can guarantee you he's twice the footballer Devlin is, which pains me to say as I like young Cammy.

I can also guarantee Hoff has no problems with pace. Mind you, Ozzies can take a while adjusting to the faster pace of the SPL and the much slower pitches. Australian pitches are hard and fast. It will feel weird for the Hoff until he's up to speed.

Funny how fans see things differently. I thought what he had to do, he did well against Leeds. He won’t play anyone that level again this season and I include the OF in that. 

I like the look of Hoff 😎

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

How do you know that? It does happen you play sides that have just been gubbed by part timers and turn them over.

Worth remembering we're not going into the fixture in scintillating form and are also missing half a team of starters. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Worth remembering we're not going into the fixture in scintillating form and are also missing half a team of starters. 

I just think we'll have too much for them. Most of our fringe payers would stroll into their side. Any win will do but I'm confident we'll get a few goals and they won't.

Captain Canada

My main concern for this game is whether we're ready in an attacking sense. 

Is there going to be enough ammunition for Shankland? I'm not convinced, but I obviously hope I'm wrong. 

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I just think we'll have too much for them. Most of our fringe payers would stroll into their side. Any win will do but I'm confident we'll get a few goals and they won't.

Hopefully. If we don't win on Saturday and get a doing in Norway the wheels will be starting to come off already. Ideally a win on Saturday and draw in Norway...

Berra than you
2 hours ago, karipidis said:

Yeh because football works like that…

unfortunately there will

be nothing comfortable about Saturday. 

Whilst it probably won't be comfortable, that saints team have lost to Ayr, Stirling Albion and Stenny in the last few weeks. We should be beating them with relative ease.

41 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Whilst it probably won't be comfortable, that saints team have lost to Ayr, Stirling Albion and Stenny in the last few weeks. We should be beating them with relative ease.

Thats a worry for me. They'll be fighting and scrapping for a future at the club. The longer it is 0-0 or God forbid 1-0 STJ I can see it being a long afternoon.

That said an early goal and they could fold and we'll be on for a cricket score.

We should have the majority of possession and have a decent amount of chances. Just need to make sure out back line is solid. I think Kent will thrive, I like the look of him..

Boyce back training is good news.  Beni being assessed maybe won't know if he's ready until tonight or tomorrow. 

I'd like to see a young player on the bench to backup the strikers for this match.   Kirk or Wilson.   

14 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Boyce back training is good news.  Beni being assessed maybe won't know if he's ready until tonight or tomorrow. 

I'd like to see a young player on the bench to backup the strikers for this match.   Kirk or Wilson.   

Maybe even tagawa of the bench for us to score a double of the bench 😆

1 minute ago, jtkb said:

Fingers crossed he's an option as well.   

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, jtkb said:

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Fingers crossed he's an option as well.   

Barry Anderson has picked a team, and seems quite definite, new signing may play as an alternative to Boyce. I think he will myself

38 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Barry Anderson has picked a team, and seems quite definite, new signing may play as an alternative to Boyce. I think he will myself

Banderson should stick to picking his nose.

7 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Completely out of his depth?? As were the whole team then. It was 1 nil, not 10. He done ok in his first outing against good opposition. You can't really say Devlin improved things when he came on can you? I hardly think Hoff is "miles behind Devlin" and never will be. I rate both them, I have a good feeling Hoff is an upgrade though and hopefully in time he will prove it. He should start on Saturday. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
5 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Completely out of his depth?? As were the whole team then. It was 1 nil, not 10. He done ok in his first outing against good opposition. You can't really say Devlin improved things when he came on can you? I hardly think Hoff is "miles behind Devlin" and never will be. I rate both them, I have a good feeling Hoff is an upgrade though and hopefully in time he will prove it. He should start on Saturday. 

Hoff is a different kind of player to Devlin. No one in the SPFL comes close to Cammy for tackling tenacity and winning the ball back. Hoff appears to be a better passer when in possession. Long term, I can see a midfield with both Aussies alongside Beni because Haring's form will dip based on previous.

Against St Johnstone, I bet Devlin will start because of his SPFL experience. Beni might be on the bench due to fitness and easing him in. So, I can see Haring and Hoff starting also.

The Mercer Takeover
17 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Nope

Devlin brings an energy which is crucial. The last time he and Beni were together, we were outstanding in the middle.

Hoff needs to be a substitute as he was a total passenger against Leeds and remains an pretty unknown quantity, albeit one without pace.

Hopefully he finds his feet quickly though. 

Edited by The Mercer Takeover

Nope

Devlin brings an energy which is crucial. The last time he and Beni were together, we were outstanding in the middle.

Hoff needs to be a substitute as he was a total passenger against Leeds and remains an pretty unknown quantity, albeit one without pace.

I never thought he was a total passenger at all. Nothing flash, but he done what was needed, up against a decent level of opposition. I know what Cammy brings, he's a good destroyer, wins possession and gets around the pitch. Sometimes his distribution let's him down and due to how he plays, he very rarely lasts 90mins. His only involvement when he came on was to give away about 3 free-kicks almost immediately. 

Only one of our players looked "completely out of his depth" and it was actually Shankland. Completely dominated and bullied by Leeds. Glad it wasnt his debut, some on here would be writing him off already. He lacked support I know, but he looked well off it. Far better things to come from him and the team in general on Saturday I would think. 

RustyRightPeg

Interesting point that Halliday made on open goal today. We’ve been training on match days, so if we’ve looked leggy we probably have. 

I fully expect us to be fit as **** when the season to start and we will run all over teams. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
10 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Don't hassle the hoff. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Zander

Kent.                Rowles

Atkinson                                             Kingsley

Devlin        Haring

Grant

Shankland                Oda

Kagawa

Subs:  Stone, Sibbick, Beni, Calem, Halliday, Boyce, Forrest, Pollock, Smith

Edited by Queensland Jambo

5 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Zander

Kent.                Rowles

Atkinson                                             Kingsley

Devlin        Haring

Grant

Shankland                Oda

Kagawa

Subs:  Stone, Sibbick, Beni, Calem, Halliday, Boyce, Forrest, Pollock, Smith

Won’t be far away. 

12 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

If he has no pace that is concerning and a mistake. We should have learned by now that all our signings have to be able to play at a high intensity. None of our signing are likely to he good enough technically to dramatically improve us, so they have to come with athleticism. 

I am extremely excited about Kent, Kenny and Tugawa but I fear the Hoff will be a disappointment. 

No idea what game was being watched. Hoff not a problem at all against Leeds.  About 10x more confidence in him taking a ball under pressure and doing something with it over Devlin. 

Just now, Waterboy said:

No idea what game was being watched. Hoff not a problem at all against Leeds.  About 10x more confidence in him taking a ball under pressure and doing something with it over Devlin. 

Agreed but the reasons players are with us is that they are in some way flawed. If Devlin was even decent on the ball he would be at a much bigger club than Hearts. 

Play the Hoff instead and yes better on the ball but lose the press and intensity. 

Play Haring, he gives you physicality and another player who is good in the air, where we are weak, but he is in games against better teams too slow. 

And so on and so on. 

Hopefully we can get the balance right, depending on the game. 

One thing is for sure, if we have the balls to play three of our speedsters up top, we will petrify most defences in this league. 

FT St J 1, Hearts 0. Interviewer - "Well, Steven, that was a battling performance today"; Steven MacLean - "It wasn't pretty, but I was really pleased with the way the lads got stuck in. We owed it to the fans after last week"

Luckies1874
1 hour ago, Waterboy said:

Agreed and I'll be really surprised and disappointed if Devlin starts and Hoff is on the bench.

Clark

Natty

Kent

Rowles

Kingsley

Devlin

Haring

Oda

Shankland

Grant

Tagawa

McGovern, Sibbick, Beni, Forrest, Neuwenhof, Halliday, Boyce 

Ricardo Quaresma

10 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Nope

6 hours ago, hearts00 said:

If he has no pace that is concerning and a mistake. We should have learned by now that all our signings have to be able to play at a high intensity. None of our signing are likely to he good enough technically to dramatically improve us, so they have to come with athleticism. 

I am extremely excited about Kent, Kenny and Tugawa but I fear the Hoff will be a disappointment. 

5 hours ago, tynewater said:

FT St J 1, Hearts 0. Interviewer - "Well, Steven, that was a battling performance today"; Steven MacLean - "It wasn't pretty, but I was really pleased with the way the lads got stuck in. We owed it to the fans after last week"

Absolute 5h1te, totally reeking!

:sniff:

:bolt:

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

33 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Just had the horrible feeling we’ll have someone sent off in the first half. Bookies odds on that happening?

A few times recently referees have given the opposition a foot hold in a game against us that they would not have earned themselves , by sending one of ours off . If it carries on in to this season then I hope we take the Celtic and Rangers direct approach and set up a wee meeting 

BackOfTheNet
Just now, Sooks said:

A few times recently referees have given the opposition a foot hold in a game against us that they would not have earned themselves , by sending one of ours off . If it carries on in to this season then I hope we take the Celtic and Rangers direct approach and set up a wee meeting 

That was my thought. There’ll be a determination by the referees to make their mark these first games too. Can see something absolutely innocuous mean we have a man sent off. Something we don’t really consider going into games, but I suspect there’s more chance of it happening to teams in our league than others.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

That was my thought. There’ll be a determination by the referees to make their mark these first games too. Can see something absolutely innocuous mean we have a man sent off. Something we don’t really consider going into games, but I suspect there’s more chance of it happening to teams in our league than others.

Referees in this country want to be centre of attention . Over officiousness ruins games though , as it disrupts the flow and even worse it can take the excitement right out of a game with a soft red card . Hibs at home is one example , the way that was shaping up it was going to be a classic . Red card later , slog fest for the rest of the match 

BackOfTheNet
17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Referees in this country want to be centre of attention . Over officiousness ruins games though , as it disrupts the flow and even worse it can take the excitement right out of a game with a soft red card . Hibs at home is one example , the way that was shaping up it was going to be a classic . Red card later , slog fest for the rest of the match 

Absolutely