Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Big shout out to the Hearts U15 girls who are playing Rangers today in the Scottish cup semi final. Ironically my step daughter is captain against her former team.

On our way through to Glasgow now for this tie, then onto Paisley to cheer ‘The Famous.’

Cmon the Hearts Girls 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻HHGH

Pass on my best wishes to them Mr D , updates of the score please 👍🏻 and give the men’s team a shout for me as well 👍🏻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by 3fingersreid

Will do Mr D. It kicks off at 10.30. 

She’s desperate to score against the Hun. Ironically the other semi is Celtic v Hibs. Not like the Glasgow mafia to keep the old firm apart even in kids football. Hope we spoil their plans for a erse cheeks final! Both the girls and the big team 👍

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻HHGH🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Rangers score on 20 mins to make it 1-0 with a wonder strike from outside the box. Keeper had no chance as it crashes in off the post. Hearts playing well but a few casual mistakes has cost them dear. Until the goal then Hearts were slightly on top. Good football from both sides though. 

Bazzas right boot
On 21/09/2019 at 21:40, Jammy T said:

That might get a few people on here on board 🙄

Woman are 51% of the population but not 51% of our fan base. More girls and woman playing football, and playing football with Hearts increases the prospects of tapping into half of the people in Edinburgh that we have never properly tapped into.

Entirely possible also that being proven to be an in inclusive and diverse club increases sponsorship and commercial options.

No need to stay in the dark ages.

Especially with hibs having a strong foothold already in this market within Edinburgh. 

If you have a young daughter who ends up playing for a hibs age group from a young age for example and goes to hibs things with hibs all the time, she might end up following for them. 

Not too mention fees etc going to them as well. 

I'd hate to have to take my daughter to hibs if she wanted play football. 

It's a massive market and is a growing commercial market, be stupid beyond belief not to get involved in it. 

Some folk are so short sighted, it's a wonder they don't bang into things and fall over more often. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Casual pass from the keeper, who fluffs it straight to the opposition who make it 2-0. 

Oh dear. 

It's a theme! 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Especially with hibs having a strong foothold already in this market within Edinburgh. 

If you have a young daughter who ends up playing for a hibs age group from a young age for example and goes to hibs things with hibs all the time, she might end up following for them. 

Not too mention fees etc going to them as well. 

I'd hate to have to take my daughter to hibs if she wanted play football. 

It's a massive market and is a growing commercial market, be stupid beyond belief not to get involved in it. 

Some folk are so short sighted, it's a wonder they don't bang into things and fall over more often. 

Why would you care if a girl plays for hibs? Surely no worse than if she played for St Johnstone or ICT, no?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Why would you care if a girl plays for hibs? Surely no worse than if she played for St Johnstone or ICT, no?

How much can you miss a point by? 

I wouldn't care who she played for but would like Hearts to be an option. That is the point. 

ICT and St Johnstone are not Edinburgh clubs. 

I wouldn't want to lose fans to them either, but unlikely a family in Edinburgh are going to Inverness to let their daughter play football at under 10 level or something and then we lose a potential fan to them. 

Highly possible if hibs have a successful women's team and that feeds into the lower age groups and they gobble up families and young girls at all age groups and engage them early and are seen as the community club with a women's team and we don't. 

Ofc, the first team is always the priority but getting involved with women's football as many top clubs have, not to mention in Scotland rangers, celtic and Hibs have - It makes perfect business sense. 

You're either thick or trolling, if it's the former, hopefully you understand a bit more now, if it's the latter, **** off and annoy someone else. 

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Is anyone?

A crowd of about 70/80. Mostly parents and family. Hearts girls finish the half strongly with a few chances created near the end of the half. We’ll need to up our game as the goalkeeping error has knocked their confidence a bit. Rangers controlled the middle of the half but Hearts girls fighting back. 

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Still in it , only takes a second to score 👍🏻

57 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

12 mins into the second half and a lob from outside the box sails over the Hearts keeper to make it 3-0. Playing for pride now

Boo. 

We forgot the basics today (pass and move). Too static and ended up chasing shadows second half. 5-0 Huns. Now on to Paisley (via Macdonalds) to cheer the wee yins face up....hopefully 

4 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Not good ☹️ Where’s the game being played mate ? 

Game was at Tory glen indoor. I was there too as know someone in the rangers team. Hearts started well but fell out of it in the second half. Pitch looked bigger then tynecastle!

3 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Game was at Tory glen indoor. I was there too as know someone in the rangers team. Hearts started well but fell out of it in the second half. Pitch looked bigger then tynecastle!

That is a big pitch 

24 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

No Hearts girls but if you like/watch ladies football West Ham v Tottenham is on tomorrow bt sports 2-30pm 

More importantly Hearts women away to d  utd tomorrow , 6 games to go , nerves will be kicking in 

32 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

That is a big pitch 

More importantly Hearts women away to d  utd tomorrow , 6 games to go , nerves will be kicking in 

The ball was in the far corner at one point and you couldn’t see what was going on! Think the hearts girls heads went down but they battled until the end. Pitch didn’t look great tho 

19 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

We forgot the basics today (pass and move). Too static and ended up chasing shadows second half. 5-0 Huns. Now on to Paisley (via Macdonalds) to cheer the wee yins face up....hopefully 

LEVEIN EQUIVALENT OOT!

16 hours ago, Newton51 said:

pitch is second only to Hampden in dimension.  I play there every Saturday morning from 9 to 10.  Gave the girls a wee shout as we left the pitch yesterday morning but unfortunately some of them must have been watching my defending too closely from the stands before their game 😂

10 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

pitch is second only to Hampden in dimension.  I play there every Saturday morning from 9 to 10.  Gave the girls a wee shout as we left the pitch yesterday morning but unfortunately some of them must have been watching my defending too closely from the stands before their game 😂

That must’ve been you and your pal both in the Hearts strips I saw in the car park just leaving before the girls came on. Yes it’s a very big pitch for 14 year old  girls to play on. Hearts girls were panicking when being over run and resulted to the long ball at times. Can’t help but think a smaller pitch would’ve encouraged them to pass. 

Anyway post mortem done. They’ve got Celtic at home next week, who beat them 7-0 last time round. Doesn’t get any easier for the girls but it’s like falling off a bike. You need to get back on quickly and get your confidence back. HHGH

Great start to the week.  25,000 at the west ham game.  Huge growing sport.  Very pleased we're taking it seriously now.

If they win the league, hope they can parade the trophy at a men's home game.

Well done.

• 2 weeks later...

The Scottish Cup final at Tynecastle on Sun 24 Nov will be Glasgow City v Hibernian. 

While Glasgow are unchallenged in the league, Hibernian are looking to win their 4th Cup in a row. 

13 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Scottish Cup final at Tynecastle on Sun 24 Nov will be Glasgow City v Hibernian. 

While Glasgow are unchallenged in the league, Hibernian are looking to win their 4th Cup in a row. 

both women’s semi finals Attendances combined were -  578 😱😱😱

30 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Knowing the SFA, probably charging £30 to get in

6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Hardly surprising when it seems to get no media coverage at all. If I don't actively search for information on Hearts website I have absolutely no clue what is happening with the ladies team.

15 seconds on STV news or on the BBC news that simply says the womens semi finals featuring *insert teams* take place on *insert date*  might help let people know there's a game on and might improve attendances.

It wouldn't hurt to at least TRY and drum up some national interest. But I suppose one of the main topics in sport right now is how incompetent the SFA are and how out of touch they are with the fans.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Still top of the league 

With 3 games remaining, provided Hamilton win their game in hand, 2 wins and a draw would win the league. If Hamilton draw the game in hand, 2 wins will win the league. And if Hamilton lose game in hand then a win and draw is only required. 

Found this interesting. Hearts released a video about the first Women's youth player to train with the boys academy team in a session. As part of the plan for an academy for the women's side which is integrated with the boys academy, they will have girls take part in some sessions with the boys to provide extra training. 

Also listened to an interview with Kevin Murphy (head of the women teams and academy.) He said Ann Budge had wanted to bring the womens team into the club since she took over but had to wait till finances could accommodate it.  The Women's team will be officially integrated into the club next month.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - cup semi-final v Spartans at Hampden on Sunday