• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the women's team and fingers crossed for their promotion at the first time of asking. 

The seethe from absolute mouth-breathers is just a delightful by-product :verysmug:

50 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Just looked at the league table. Hutchison Vale goal difference of -176 

🤣

They sign Jack Hamilton?

23 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I love the women's team and fingers crossed for their promotion at the first time of asking. 

The seethe from absolute mouth-breathers is just a delightful by-product :verysmug:

:fonzie:

Sure you do

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

How many of their games have you attended? 

Forever,Mrs o has probs attended nada women's games, Noah,Forever hearts is obviously not rabbiting on about the women's team,so should not be expected to attend any,unlike some on here

4 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Last league game of season is now at Tynecastle. Sun 17 Nov 2pm.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/hearts-women-to-play-at-tynecastle-this-november

8 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

How many of their games have you attended? 

Four. I'll also be going to their final game at Tynie this season. 

8 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

Forever,Mrs o has probs attended nada women's games.

:orly?:

When you assume you only make an ass etc...

On 23/10/2019 at 21:14, Coburg Hearts said:

I'd have given it more than one Wow.

i was actually thinking they deserved any wows for the neanderthal backwards thinking but

On 24/10/2019 at 08:04, Sarah O said:

23 hours ago, Sarah O said:

:orly?:

When you assume you only make an ass etc...

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Crucial away game against Killie this weekend.  C'mon the Hearts.

Won’t be an easy game , they’re not too bad a team and the nerves are kicking in too . 

22 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You could cut the tension with a baked tattie. 

For those of us with a vested interest it is getting tense  , what’s the problem with that ? 

23 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

For those of us with a vested interest it is getting tense  , what’s the problem with that ? 

I don't like criticising Jambos but those who think there is no future in the womens game are just dinosaurs.  It has a tremendous future worldwide.

I don't know the exact stats but the number of girls playing football in nz is massive.

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

I don't like criticising Jambos but those who think there is no future in the womens game are just dinosaurs.  It has a tremendous future worldwide.

I don't know the exact stats but the number of girls playing football in nz is massive.

I’m guessing they’re only doing it to get bites Doug . 

jamboinglasgow
41 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Or hoping that someone will agree with them to validate their prejudices.

Seymour M Hersh
48 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

It certainly has potential for the future but that's the thing it's potential and it's the future not so much now. I just feel the media are trying to get them to run before they can walk so to speak. The women's game needs to grow a bit more organically rather than being force fed steroids just for TV. 

32 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It certainly has potential for the future but that's the thing it's potential and it's the future not so much now. I just feel the media are trying to get them to run before they can walk so to speak. The women's game needs to grow a bit more organically rather than being force fed steroids just for TV. 

This is very true. The women’s game is a long way from being able to become sustainable at a professional level.  Whilst clearly more girls are playing football they are typically not going to watch women’s football. If anything it could be behind more females going the watch men’s matches.

Whilst I have no objections to our club providing encouragement for the women’s game we are spending far too much on it. It’s a waste of money, it’s not going to do anything to help the Men’s game which is the reason our club exists.

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, McCrae said:

This is very true. The women’s game is a long way from being able to become sustainable at a professional level.  Whilst clearly more girls are playing football they are typically not going to watch women’s football. If anything it could be behind more females going the watch men’s matches.

Whilst I have no objections to our club providing encouragement for the women’s game we are spending far too much on it. It’s a waste of money, it’s not going to do anything to help the Men’s game which is the reason our club exists.

Get your hard hat on. Oh, and I agree with you, it's nothing more than a vanity project. 

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Whilst I’m a big supporter of the women’s (and indeed girls teams ) both of you are correct in saying it’s got “ potential” .
However to realise that potential it may be helpful to give it a foot up to help it grow . 

I’m absolutely delighted the club has chosen to invest in the women’s game , that said if I felt that any monies diverted from the men’s team to fund it was in fact causing a financial problem for the first team , I’d be the first to question it . I do also believe that the custodians have sat down done their sums and reckon that the sum involved won’t hamper the men’s team. 

As the game develops in Scotland I also think it needs to be largely self-sustaining.  If it grows to the point where crowds of 5,000 or more are generated for some games and sponsors are found, there is no reason why some clubs at least can't become semi-professional.

I earnestly hope that if our final game at Tnecastle has the league championship at stake, a crowd of 2,000 plus will be generated.  

6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

As the game develops in Scotland I also think it needs to be largely self-sustaining.  If it grows to the point where crowds of 5,000 or more are generated for some games and sponsors are found, there is no reason why some clubs at least can't become semi-professional.

I earnestly hope that if our final game at Tnecastle has the league championship at stake, a crowd of 2,000 plus will be generated.  

Long long long way from they figures Doug 

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Whilst I’m a big supporter of the women’s (and indeed girls teams ) both of you are correct in saying it’s got “ potential” .
However to realise that potential it may be helpful to give it a foot up to help it grow . 

I’m absolutely delighted the club has chosen to invest in the women’s game , that said if I felt that any monies diverted from the men’s team to fund it was in fact causing a financial problem for the first team , I’d be the first to question it . I do also believe that the custodians have sat down done their sums and reckon that the sum involved won’t hamper the men’s team. 

Don't get me wrong I certainly want the club to fully support and fund woman's football but my point was more aimed at the media who are desperate for it to match the men's game. Imo it will never come close to doing so. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Talking about women's being unsustainable yet supporting a men's club that has pretty much been a financial basket case it's whole existence. 

Just now, Homme said:

Talking about women's being unsustainable yet supporting a men's club that has pretty much been a financial basket case it's whole existence. 

Until now, absolutely correct.

Can't we just talk womens football up instead of down.

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Until now, absolutely correct.

Can't we just talk womens football up instead of down.

Until now of course yes. We've never been in a better position! 

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

If they are not getting paid, how is it a drain on budget ?

Many costs involved, even without paying them. 

8 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

I understand your position, but where we disagree relates to the current impact on the 1st team.  Our squad is not great and the lack of options up front being a particular concern. The money spent on the women’s game could help secure a decent player.

The number of paid employees the club has supporting the women’s game in my opinion is excessive. We even have a full time IT and communications person just for the women’s team! I am not a 100% certain, but I understand based on advertised  positions that the club has at least 12  paid employees associated exclusively with the women’s game. That’s a lot, both numerically and financially for our club. 
The time may come for this level of support, but it is not now. Our focus needs to be on the sustainable success of the men’s team.

1 hour ago, Homme said:

The lessons we have all learned to not to repeat the same mistakes again.

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

If they are not getting paid, how is it a drain on budget ?

The staff associated with the women’s game are paid. We even employ a full time social media person to support the women’s game.  Maybe you missed the long list of paid positions for the women’s game the club recently advertised?

8 minutes ago, McCrae said:

The staff associated with the women’s game are paid. We even employ a full time social media person to support the women’s game.  Maybe you missed the long list of paid positions for the women’s game the club recently advertised?

I find it hard to believe that have a full time person to send a few tweets a week for an amateur team. 

Forever Hearts
24 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Such as ?

Kit, hiring parks, washing the kits, travel, league membership fees, fines, coaches fees, etc. 

It doesn't all just happen for free. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

6 minutes ago, McCrae said:

With the exception of K Murphy -who I’m led to believe is also involved in the boys set up too- there isn’t anyone employed directly by the club that solely “ runs” the women’s teams . 
The guys that do the twitter and match announcers don’t get any money . 

10 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Did anyone else see the club feature on how they are integrating girls team players with the boys teams? 

That is done only up to around 11 or 12 years old , nothing new in that my daughter done it whilst at primary school and in a mixed team at Tynecastle HS 

One more time , the women’s and girls teams HAVE NOT HAD ONE PENNY from HMFC all monies that have come into the teams have come from subs, fund raising and sponsorships . 
Im greatful to the murrayfield sports bar for sponsoring my daughter this season and she’s even getting a boot sponsorship next year . 

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Kit, hiring parks, washing the kits, travel, league membership fees, fines, coaches fees, etc. 

Sorry you posted before I could reply but please see above 

22 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Did anyone else see the club feature on how they are integrating girls team players with the boys teams? 

Yep. Will bring the standard down. Has there been a crowd of over 10 yet for any of their games?

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

I’ve read the article previously but as I’m just up after a night shift I’m not sure of the point you’re making ? 
Ive never said they’re not putting money in in the future but as off right now , no money has been given to the women’s club . 

12 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

So most of the stuff any boys team around the country manage to pay for. Hardly worth the drama imo.

Forever Hearts
13 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

So most of the stuff any boys team around the country manage to pay for. Hardly worth the drama imo.

Correct. Still costs money though. 

And her statement says she'll be investing a six figure sum into the ladies team. Not many boys clubs I know get that level of funding. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

Forever Hearts
16 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’ve read the article previously but as I’m just up after a night shift I’m not sure of the point you’re making ? 
Ive never said they’re not putting money in in the future but as off right now , no money has been given to the women’s club . 

The date of that statement is December 2018. Are you telling me that almost a year after promising significant investment she has put in the grand sum of zero pounds?

Edited by Forever Hearts

51 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I find it hard to believe that have a full time person to send a few tweets a week for an amateur team. 

I was shocked when I saw the advertisement for this position.

38 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The date of that statement is December 2018. Are you telling me that almost a year after promising significant investment she has put in the grand sum of zero pounds?

Yes , yes I am ,as I said umpteen times , the only person directly employed is K Murphy and he gets input into the boys teams too . Employing him , did that help in getting Meshi ????

Now I’m not sure if what I type is coming out on this website in Vulcan or something

BUT THE WOMENS AND GIRLS FOOTBALL TEAMS UP TO THIS CURRENT DATE ARE SELF FUNDED through , subs , sponsorships and fund raising . 

Now this is me just speculating but the mysterious benefactor might have stipulated that for Hearts to receive any backing it has to be all exclusive . If spending £100k gets the whole club a hell of a lot more money would it be worth it then?

Maybe the benefactor has young females in his/her family and wants them to get a chance and that’s a reason as well? 

Regardless I’m sure the custodians have done the diligence on the cost and see it as no threat to the men’s team ( something I’d hope they have done) 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2