Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2

3fingersreid

58 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Kit, hiring parks, washing the kits, travel, league membership fees, fines, coaches fees, etc. 

It doesn't all just happen for free. 

There have been numerous threads and all these arguments were debunked, Hearts ladies / girls WERE-self financed through subs sponsorships and people giving time for free (Bonds Clinic  is a sponsor )all prior to hearts involvement.

Hearts have/ will integrate ladies / girls into the set up , so there may actually be a financial benefit to hearts as a whole depending how future sponsorship is actually structured. 

English ladies football has just secured Barclays as the main sponsor for super league of £10 million over 3 years that’s on par with the men’s game here .

If the women’s game here can get the right people involved at the top it could really push it forward quickly ( Ann or Leanne ) would be  my bet 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

As the game develops in Scotland I also think it needs to be largely self-sustaining.  If it grows to the point where crowds of 5,000 or more are generated for some games and sponsors are found, there is no reason why some clubs at least can't become semi-professional.

I earnestly hope that if our final game at Tnecastle has the league championship at stake, a crowd of 2,000 plus will be generated.  

For the sake of comparison, the average attendance in the WSL last season was 833

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Yes , yes I am ,as I said umpteen times , the only person directly employed is K Murphy and he gets input into the boys teams too . Employing him , did that help in getting Meshi ????

Now I’m not sure if what I type is coming out on this website in Vulcan or something

BUT THE WOMENS AND GIRLS FOOTBALL TEAMS UP TO THIS CURRENT DATE ARE SELF FUNDED through , subs , sponsorships and fund raising . 

Now this is me just speculating but the mysterious benefactor might have stipulated that for Hearts to receive any backing it has to be all exclusive . If spending £100k gets the whole club a hell of a lot more money would it be worth it then?

Maybe the benefactor has young females in his/her family and wants them to get a chance and that’s a reason as well? 

Regardless I’m sure the custodians have done the diligence on the cost and see it as no threat to the men’s team ( something I’d hope they have done) 

You're obviously privy to Ann Budge's investment (or lack of as it now appears) so I'll bow to your superior knowledge. 

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

I was shocked when I saw the advertisement for this position.

Did it say they were getting paid? There is no way that is someone's full time job.

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

Did it say they were getting paid? There is no way that is someone's full time job.

yes it was advertised as a full time paid job.  
At the same time they advertised for about another 4 or 5 part time paid jobs. Mostly paid coaching positions for the girls teams.

10 minutes ago, McCrae said:

At the same time they advertised for about another 4 or 5 part time paid jobs. Mostly paid coaching positions for the girls teams.

Cheers. I know you're not lying so assume there must be some sort of misunderstanding.

I still can't believe we'll be paying someone 35 hours a week to manage the Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts purely for the women's team. I use all and there aren't many updates on the girls  - most days zero.

Edited by Hungry hippo

Forever Hearts
31 minutes ago, McCrae said:

That can't be true. We've been told on this thread that Hearts don't give the ladies team a penny. 

42 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You're obviously privy to Ann Budge's investment (or lack of as it now appears) so I'll bow to your superior knowledge. 

Another assumption you’re making , I only know what I pay -despite my daughters sponsorship- along with all the other parents involved . 
All for a discussion on the subject my friend but don’t make things up eh, I think you’re a better person than that . 

3 hours ago, McCrae said:

The staff associated with the women’s game are paid. We even employ a full time social media person to support the women’s game.  Maybe you missed the long list of paid positions for the women’s game the club recently advertised?

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/girls-academy-and-women-first-team-vacancies

We would like to invite applications for the following positions:

• Hearts Women First Team Goalkeeping Coach
  • Girls Academy and Women’s Lead Physiotherapist
  • Hearts Girls Academy Coach
  • Hearts Girls Academy Goalkeeping Coach

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Another assumption you’re making , I only know what I pay -despite my daughters sponsorship- along with all the other parents involved . 
All for a discussion on the subject my friend but don’t make things up eh, I think you’re a better person than that . 

Clear as mud. First of all you tell us Ann Budge has invested nothing and now you tell us you only know what you've paid?

35 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Don’t know why you bother mate. Even 100k when we have double our previous turnover is a drop in the ocean. Not like you or other parents have to subsidise your kids is it.

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Even 100k when we have double our previous turnover is a drop in the ocean. Not like you or other parents have to subsidise your kids is it.

This post makes no sense. Our costs have also more than doubled. If you look at our profits our investment in women’s football is a massive %.

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Clear as mud. First of all you tell us Ann Budge has invested nothing and now you tell us you only know what you've paid?

If Ann Budge has been paying in , we wouldn’t need to be paying subs , not that difficult to grasp is it .
Tell you what tho as you’re just clearly arguing for argument sake go and do it with someone who has the time for it . 

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Don’t know why you bother mate. Even 100k when we have double our previous turnover is a drop in the ocean. Not like you or other parents have to subsidise your kids is it.

You’re right , I’m going to post the scores and do my best to ignore the negativity on here . 

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

You’re right , I’m going to post the scores and do my best to ignore the negativity on here . 

Please do - always happy to read about a successful part of the Hearts community

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Please do - always happy to read about a successful part of the Hearts community

👍🏻

5 hours ago, Lewis87 said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/girls-academy-and-women-first-team-vacancies

We would like to invite applications for the following positions:

• Hearts Women First Team Goalkeeping Coach
  • Girls Academy and Women’s Lead Physiotherapist
  • Hearts Girls Academy Coach
  • Hearts Girls Academy Goalkeeping Coach

Perhaps they can find the right man along a corridor somewhere 

Forever Hearts
3 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

If Ann Budge has been paying in , we wouldn’t need to be paying subs , not that difficult to grasp is it .
Tell you what tho as you’re just clearly arguing for argument sake go and do it with someone who has the time for it . 

Still no clearer. 

On 24/10/2019 at 12:34, Ray Gin said:

Top of the league, great to see the investment paying off. :) 

There's no way it's only £100k per year. No way. 

On 26/10/2019 at 01:15, Kiwidoug said:

As the game develops in Scotland I also think it needs to be largely self-sustaining.  If it grows to the point where crowds of 5,000 or more are generated for some games and sponsors are found, there is no reason why some clubs at least can't become semi-professional.

I earnestly hope that if our final game at Tnecastle has the league championship at stake, a crowd of 2,000 plus will be generated.  

It will be semi pro if we get sponsorships and an attendance of 100-200 a paying fans week. The majority of the teams in the East of Scotland 1st division get paid and most don’t have more than 50/100 at games. 

On 26/10/2019 at 09:57, jambopilms said:

I find it hard to believe that have a full time person to send a few tweets a week for an amateur team. 

I am sure the employees remit is fairly wide ranging and it is not beyond the realms of possibility that they are also tasked with working on JKB.  

The company needs to divide and conquer to protect their position.

3 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I am sure the employees remit is fairly wide ranging and it is not beyond the realms of possibility that they are also tasked with working on JKB.  

The company needs to divide and conquer to protect their position.

so Hearts employee someone to join jkb and post positive things?

Divide and Conquer??? 

57 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Full time 1-1 

not the best performance but still 3 clear 2 games to go 

Great.  Thanks for the updates.

On 26/10/2019 at 16:48, 3fingersreid said:

Hopefully you can be assisted by the powers that be, in this. The thread is being totally ruined by the existential debate and it makes it barely readable. 

Thanks for keeping us posted though, appreciated. 👍

7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Hopefully you can be assisted by the powers that be, in this. The thread is being totally ruined by the existential debate and it makes it barely readable. 

Thanks for keeping us posted though, appreciated. 👍

Hey, look who's back. :)

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Hello. Nice to be back. Hope you are well, mate. 👍

I'm fine, bud. As long as I don't think about football. :lol:

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

I'm fine, bud. As long as I don't think about football. :lol:

Yeah, not great is it. 😬

1 hour ago, Jambo647 said:

I was at Livingston yesterday and Rugby Park today, today’s game was a far more enjoyable experience 

I'd be there as well if I could.  I see Hamilton also drew today so the league really is ours to lose now.

6 minutes ago, Lewis87 said:

Number 2 looked rather pissed off at the Killie goal @3fingersreid i hope she gave the goalie a mouthful that was a horrendous goal to concede. Rachel with another well taken goal , (even with a sight deflection) 

2games ours to lose

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Number 2 looked rather pissed off at the Killie goal @3fingersreid i hope she gave the goalie a mouthful that was a horrendous goal to concede. Rachel with another well taken goal , (even with a sight deflection) 

2games ours to lose

What the highlights failed to show was their goal came from our free kick 10 yards inside the killie half and we gave the ball away .

Hopefully the nerves were settled today and replaced with determination . 

Really hope Hearts will go all out on Facebook etc to encourage as many as possible along to the Tynecastle game next month.

Hope for good weather and a trophy to be collected.

7 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Aye they might get at least 250.

More than many senior men’s teams get, and comparable to the bottom tier of our professional set up.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2