Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2

3fingersreid

3 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Hamilton won 5-0 , no matter still in our own hands 

Have you heard when the Hutcie game is to be played?  Nothing on the website.  Should be an easy win.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It’s to be played this coming Sunday , which is not ideal as it’s Memorial Sunday . Still trying to get a pitch booked as the Oriam isn’t available to us . 
we should win Doug but nothing is guaranteed in football as we all know . 

Coburg Hearts
5 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Full time 2-0 😄😄

come on st Johnstone 

Well done. It's good to come on a thread where there is a bit of sanity and not everyone is foaming at the mouth. Small mercies and all that.

On 03/11/2019 at 21:55, 3fingersreid said:

It’s to be played this coming Sunday , which is not ideal as it’s Memorial Sunday . Still trying to get a pitch booked as the Oriam isn’t available to us . 
we should win Doug but nothing is guaranteed in football as we all know . 

what do we need to do now to win the league pal? Who do we have left and who do Hamilton have left?

6 hours ago, sadj said:

what do we need to do now to win the league pal? Who do we have left and who do Hamilton have left?

Hearts Women need a point from last game to win league.

Go into last game 3 points ahead but with vastly inferior goal difference. 

31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hearts Women need a point from last game to win league.

Go into last game 3 points ahead but with vastly inferior goal difference. 

We've got 2 games left. Beat Hutchie on Sunday then a draw in the last game at tynecastle will do

8 hours ago, sadj said:

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

We've got 2 games left. Beat Hutchie on Sunday then a draw in the last game at tynecastle will do

XB52 explains it perfectly.

Still can’t believe they’re making us play the hutchie game tbh , take the 3 goals from our total that we were awarded and the goal difference is 26 goals in favour to hamilton. It would need to be another raith rovers type of game to catch up.
It might however give our strikers a chance to find their scoring boots again as they’ve not been scoring enough recently,which in turn puts more pressure on the defence .

Speaking to the killie coaches after our recent game there’s no love lost between killie and hamilton , so killie can help out too in the last game .

Strange thing is we KO a full hour and a half before them on the last day .

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 23:16, Coburg Hearts said:

Well done. It's good to come on a thread where there is a bit of sanity and not everyone is foaming at the mouth. Small mercies and all that.

Yes but we still have same roasters on here with the usual crap.

Hearts Heritage

We have had a few girls in the Museum who play football and when we ask them what they would like to do?

Nearly all of them answer "Play for Hearts!".

37 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Hearts v hutchie 

12-30 KO  Sunday 10th @ Oriam  , (Remembrance Sunday !!!!)

Probably as hinted at already may be all down to the Scottish Womens Football (League) insisting on when game was played. Avoiding midweek too. 

I got confused because the 3-0 win is still showing as the result. 

29-0 to get ahead on goal difference 

Edited by Mikey1874

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Probably as hinted at already may be all down to the Scottish Womens Football (League) insisting on when game was played. Avoiding midweek too. 

I got confused because the 3-0 win is still showing as the result. 

29-0 to get ahead on goal difference 

All they really had to do was make hutchie pay the officials who lost out and suspend the fine , however it is what it is and I’m sure the women will do what’s needed to win the game . 

47 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Hearts v hutchie 

Sorry 12 pm KO 🙈🙈🙈

thats subject to change tho 

3 home games to go.  7 points wins us the league at Tynecastle.

Surely something to celebrate if it comes to pass.

During that period we should have more 1st team players back from injury and quite possibly a new coaching team on the men's side.  

Things could and should be looking a lot rosier by the end of this month.

Not before time.

Coburg Hearts
7 hours ago, Simmo said:

Yes but we still have same roasters on here with the usual crap.

You are correct, but better to ignore them. Imagine if Shelly got the manager's gig? haha

Instantaneous combustion throughout kickback. 

7 hours ago, Hearts Heritage said:

We have had a few girls in the Museum who play football and when we ask them what they would like to do?

Nearly all of them answer "Play for Hearts!".

Do they ever talk about going to watch the women’s game, or their favourite players in the current team?

Hearts Heritage
27 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Do they ever talk about going to watch the women’s game, or their favourite players in the current team?

Some do but the biggest inspiration was the success of the National team they can see a potential route to International success.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

3 home games to go.  7 points wins us the league at Tynecastle.

Surely something to celebrate if it comes to pass.

During that period we should have more 1st team players back from injury and quite possibly a new coaching team on the men's side.  

Things could and should be looking a lot rosier by the end of this month.

Not before time.

Doug 2 games to go , 4 points needed 👍🏻

23 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Hearts v hutchie 

22 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Sorry 12 pm KO 🙈🙈🙈

thats subject to change tho 

Hearts saying 12.30 for now.

And below Hearts explain background to game being rearranged - basically Hearts appealed presumably as 3-0 gave advantage to Hamilton given for example Hamilton recently beat them 19-0. 

(Hamilton's goal difference advantage over Hearts is currently 26 goals)

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/hearts-women-host-hutchie-vale-in-rearranged-game

Edited by Mikey1874

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And below Hearts explain background to game being rearranged - basically Hearts appealed presumably as 3-0 gave advantage to Hamilton given for example Hamilton recently beat them 19-0. 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/hearts-women-host-hutchie-vale-in-rearranged-game

I’m blaming my daughter for the KO time confusion , I’ll get her to confirm what the manager tells her tonight when she gets home from training . 
Got to say I still think the goal difference is a hell of a challenge to make up , 26 goals , I’d love to see it happen but I’m not sure it will . 

Forever Hearts
21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

19-0? 

2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’m blaming my daughter for the KO time confusion , I’ll get her to confirm what the manager tells her tonight when she gets home from training . 
Got to say I still think the goal difference is a hell of a challenge to make up , 26 goals , I’d love to see it happen but I’m not sure it will . 

Also it's at least 28 or 29 goals. 

Because goal difference only comes into play if we lose and Hamilton win which is at least 2 more goals down.

Not sure where we are if goal difference ends up level. 

9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

19-0? 

Hutchison Vale are clearly good sports.

Lost 17-0 to Hamilton in the previous game making it combined 48-0 in their 3 games which gives Hamilton their goal difference advantage. 

Results have mostly been double figures defeats (aside from two 3-0 for not fielding team). Best actual result is a 5-0 defeat. Hearts won 11-0 and 9-0.

https://scotwomensfootball.com/league-competitions/swpl-2/

Edited by Mikey1874

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Also it's at least 28 or 29 goals. 

Because goal difference only comes into play if we lose and Hamilton win which is at least 2 more goals down.

Not sure where we are if goal difference ends up level. 

Goals scored ? Which they have scored more . 

Lost 17-0 to Hamilton in the previous game making it combined 48-0 in their 3 games which gives Hamilton their goal difference advantage. 

Results have mostly been double figures defeats (aside from two 3-0 for not fielding team). Best actual result is a 5-0 defeat. Hearts won 11-0 and 9-0.

Did they not lose 7-2 to killie ? At least they scored in that game . 

Forever Hearts

Scorelines like that and fans of the womens game wonder why others see it as a bit of a joke. 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Scorelines like that and fans of the womens game wonder why others see it as a bit of a joke. 

The reason their results are so poor is that before the start of the season hutchie split from their partners Edinburgh Uni , which left them with basically a team of kids . They could’ve folded but chose to continue which I admire as it really must be really tough for the coaches and especially the young lassies playing.

They may get stronger next season as there are a lot of development teams folding and they may be able to pick up some players to strengthen them .

Im sure there must be boys and men’s teams that get beat in a similar way , was it Fort William that we’re struggling recently?

Why doesn't the women's team have a misogynists free zone on jkb where certain posters can be banned from? Would be interesting to see if it develops...

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Why doesn't the women's team have a misogynists free zone on jkb where certain posters can be banned from? Would be interesting to see if it develops...

Could call it The Kitchen

Sorry, couldn’t resist :P

6 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I played in a friendly match where we won 20-1. 

The opposition team actually had a female playing for them and at half-time we let them bring on two subs to try and help them. 

(one of the subs at least was a loan from us as well) So 13 v 11. The female was one if their better players! 

I scored the 20th.

:sweeet:

6 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Based on one poor side?  

Wish our men's team were playing Hutcie.  Wighton and McLean would go berserk and score 2 each in a 4-1 win.

Fully expect our women to hit double figures and set us up well for the league decider.

8 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Your right, EPLs a joke league, 9-0 to Leicester last week.

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Spot on. Why comment on it if it doesn't interest you?  A lazy easy target for some.  We should be encouraging more young women to play sport, not put them off.  Good on them.  I know some criticise the club for spending money on this, but if we are putting something back into the community,  this is one of the best things the club could do.  Especially in this day and age with the rise in mental and physical health issues.  Good on the club for this.  A small layout for what is more than just a worthy cause.  

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

100% this 

9 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Most English folk I know think Scottish football is a joke. It’s all perspective really I suppose. 

They have only been going for a short time.  Give them a chance.  I think fans of the womens game know it's in its infancy and aren't as reactionary as you.

Why not let them just get on with it? 

Coburg Hearts

Arbroath 36 - 0  Bon Accord

We've all got to start somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Most English folk I know think Scottish football is a joke. It’s all perspective really I suppose. 

Southampton got nine out passed them last week.  Do we just laugh at the EPL now? Just let them enjoy it.  

8 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

They have only been going for a short time.  Give them a chance.  I think fans of the womens game know it's in its infancy and aren't as reactionary as you.

Why not let them just get on with it? 

I have not read the  thread so I may not have all the facts, however, if having the womens team means we have Wighton and Clare, then it is a complete waste of money.

Heard piece on news that hearts are increasing funding for womans team.

Does anyone know if this is income generated from the womans game? Like increased sponsorship for example.

Or is money coming from income from the mens team into to womans team?

2 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Heard piece on news that hearts are increasing funding for womans team.

Does anyone know if this is income generated from the womans game? Like increased sponsorship for example.

Or is money coming from income from the mens team into to womans team?

Who cares - they are part of the Hearts family

Just now, jambali said:

Who cares - they are part of the Hearts family

Just a question🤷‍♂️why has it touched a nerve?🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Not sure who cares but you clearly have chip on shoulder about it

Just now, gowestjambo said:

I have not read the  thread so I may not have all the facts, however, if having the womens team means we have Wighton and Clare, then it is a complete waste of money.

It's not a complete waste, no matter if you think we should spend money on it.  We are a football club and promoting involvement in sport is something we should be doing due to the benefits it brings  I think the scouting dept has squandered a lot on players they thought were good.  Look about you   there are people getting affected by all sort of health issues nowadays and if promoting more to get involved helps combat that, I'm more than happy to spend a couple of bob.  It's not always about what's in it for us   this is a good thing the club are doing and it's not having much of an impact in the first team.  There's a lot more things having an impact than a women's team.  This is a really good thing by the club.  

3 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Just a question🤷‍♂️why has it touched a nerve?🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Not sure who cares but you clearly have chip on shoulder about it

If you are for this or not, maybe the club should be open about where the extra funds are coming from.  

15 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

That's far too cryptic for me.  I wasn't even aware that the players you mention are women.

I do know however that Hearts having a branch related to approx 50% of the population is highly desirable.  It's more than that, it's essential.

Imagine a mum or dad having to say to their football loving daughter, Hearts don't want you but Hibs do.

Just came across 15 minutes or so of highlights of the 2-0 win over Glasgow Girls.  Really enjoyable.

We scored 2 tremendous goals and played some great football.  Our oponents were tenacious right up to the end, creating chances of their own.

I think the people who turn up at Tynecastle in 10 days or so will feel very well rewarded if we can play to that standard again.

12 hours ago, Spellczech said:

:spoton:

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2