Hearts Women - cup semi-final v Spartans at Hampden on Sunday

3fingersreid

Bit of disappointing news for the mysoginist branch.  England women are playing Germany on Saturday in a friendly.

A friendly.

According to what I read  the expected crowd is a capacity of 90,000.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Bit of disappointing news for the mysoginist branch.  England women are playing Germany on Saturday in a friendly.

A friendly.

Went along to the women’s FA Cup final at Wembley a few years ago. >30k crowd there that day.

11 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Just a question🤷‍♂️why has it touched a nerve?🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Not sure who cares but you clearly have chip on shoulder about it

Not touched a nerve - I'm completely calm. Seems others are not though

Don’t think it would be correct to ban posters from the thread just because they don’t agree with women’s football . As long as the criticism is made of the game in general , is factually correct  and not personal attacks of the players , then there really isn’t anything being done that’s wrong . 
That said it would be nice if the thread was allowed to be continued by those who are interested in the game and particularly in the Hearts women’s team .  

The Hearts women are getting to have a training session at Tynecastle on Tuesday night to help their preparation for the final game of the season , got to say I’m very envious of that . Given my daughter is the only Hearts supporter in the team , she can’t wait to get back there and is certainly winding me up about training and playing on the hallowed turf 😂😂

Forever Hearts
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

A friendly.

Fair play to them. Letting under 16s in for a pound was a great idea. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Similar to Hearts selling U13 ST for £55 ?

£3 /£4 a game gets them in and hopefully hooks them for life . 
90,000 people is some going but won’t be a regular thing by a long way , but what an experience that will be for those involved . 

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

An absolute fantastic idea to help grow interest. Maybe should be a consideration for the Men’s Scottish national team. 

9 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

An absolute fantastic idea to help grow interest. Maybe should be a consideration for the Men’s Scottish national team. 

They’d need to pay me to go and watch them 😉

fabienleclerq

Can someone just confirm the game is at Tynecastle a week on Sunday and it's a league decider basically? Would like to take my nieces along.

31 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Can someone just confirm the game is at Tynecastle a week on Sunday and it's a league decider basically? Would like to take my nieces along.

Yes

Details here - https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/hearts-women-to-play-at-tynecastle-this-november

Another game this Sunday https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/hearts-women-host-hutchie-vale-in-rearranged-game

With the Hutchison game rearranged we are currently level on points with the game in hand. 

fabienleclerq
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes

Details here - https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/hearts-women-to-play-at-tynecastle-this-november

Another game this Sunday https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/hearts-women-host-hutchie-vale-in-rearranged-game

With the Hutchison game rearranged we are currently level on points with the game in hand. 

Cheers mate 

41 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

It will be and I hope you do take them.  I'm sure you'll all enjoy it, particularly if we do win the league that day.

Success on the womens side of the club can only be good for the club overall.

8 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Don’t think it would be correct to ban posters from the thread just because they don’t agree with women’s football . As long as the criticism is made of the game in general , is factually correct  and not personal attacks of the players , then there really isn’t anything being done that’s wrong . 
That said it would be nice if the thread was allowed to be continued by those who are interested in the game and particularly in the Hearts women’s team .  

The Hearts women are getting to have a training session at Tynecastle on Tuesday night to help their preparation for the final game of the season , got to say I’m very envious of that . Given my daughter is the only Hearts supporter in the team , she can’t wait to get back there and is certainly winding me up about training and playing on the hallowed turf 😂😂

I disagree mate. I think the thread is an absolute nightmare to read because of the existential pish.

I want to keep up to date with what’s going on, but I have to wade through so many shite posts decrying their existence.

19 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I disagree mate. I think the thread is an absolute nightmare to read because of the existential pish.

I want to keep up to date with what’s going on, but I have to wade through so many shite posts decrying their existence.

Fair enough , I just see it as a challenge to convert them 😂😂😂

10 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

The only Hearts supporter?

Everybody else oot.

Lodged my vote for Rachel.

6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

The only Hearts supporter?

Everybody else oot.

Lodged my vote for Rachel.

👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Right ladies.  Time for you now.  U18s get a good Cup win.  Big team score 5.

Best of luck.

100% Kiwi, come on the JT's

Can I say that.....

All joking aside best of luck to the ladies tomorrow, I am sure you will do us proud.

23 minutes ago, Homme said:

My daughters team beat Hutchie 4-2 this morning. This one should be a rugby score. 

Was a good game mate, Yous have a very good team. Congratulations on winning the league. 

Perth to Paisley

16 goals in 30 minutes ... seems a bit if a stretch.

Hearts and goal difference and a goal average and league titles go hand in hand

This time there is a home game v Partick as insurance.

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

Just a reminder that we need to win by 29 or the goal difference is irrelevant. In other other words, it's all down to the last game.

Getting close to the 29.

49 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Was a good game mate, Yous have a very good team. Congratulations on winning the league. 

Musselburgh won their game so its a title play off next week to see who wins the league. 

Good competitive game this morning. Our girls were better first half and I think Hutchie had the better of the second. Some good wee players in that team 👍

44 minutes ago, Homme said:

Musselburgh won their game so its a title play off next week to see who wins the league. 

Good competitive game this morning. Our girls were better first half and I think Hutchie had the better of the second. Some good wee players in that team 👍

Well good luck in the play off mate. Hope yous win it 

1 hour ago, the_jailer said:

Well good luck in the play off mate. Hope yous win it 

Cheers mate. Will be a nervy one!

Musselburgh beat us 2-1 last week so it'll be tough but if the girls are on their game they can win. 

2 hours ago, Homme said:

Best wishes for the girls in the play off 👍🏻

Hope as many as possible will get along next week to see this team go for the league title.

International break so mo excuses

We have to move with the times and that means womens football has to be promoted

They have gone down the path with a few exceptions of coming under the mens teams names and it incumbant on clubs to support womens football as a result

At times we seem to forget there are many women who watch the mens game and contribute heavily to the income we make..they deserve a piece of that and in my eyes the young girls of today deserve coaching and development just as they would get in Tennis, Gymnastics etc

There will always have to be a discussion of how much in financial terms needs spent but there is no doubt that support should be given

The young fans of today will be influenced heavily by both parents and how do you explain to young females sorry but you can't play for Hearts because some men don't want to spend money on your football development

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - cup semi-final v Spartans at Hampden on Sunday