Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2

3fingersreid

kingantti1874
28 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

We have to move with the times and that means womens football has to be promoted

They have gone down the path with a few exceptions of coming under the mens teams names and it incumbant on clubs to support womens football as a result

At times we seem to forget there are many women who watch the mens game and contribute heavily to the income we make..they deserve a piece of that and in my eyes the young girls of today deserve coaching and development just as they would get in Tennis, Gymnastics etc

There will always have to be a discussion of how much in financial terms needs spent but there is no doubt that support should be given

The young fans of today will be influenced heavily by both parents and how do you explain to young females sorry but you can't play for Hearts because some men don't want to spend money on your football development

I have no problem with women’s team using hearts strip but they should not be subsidised by the team I support and hand over my hard earned cash to. 

I couldn’t give a shiny shite if they win 14 nil or get beat 50 nil. They’ve got absolutely nothing to do with the heart of Midlothian.. women’s football is no more relevant to men’s football than basketball.

Want equality?  - stand alone 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I have no problem with women’s team using hearts strip but they should not be subsidised by the team I support and hand over my hard earned cash to. 

I couldn’t give a shiny shite if they win 14 nil or get beat 50 nil. They’ve got absolutely nothing to do with the heart of Midlothian.. women’s football is no more relevant to men’s football than basketball.

🙈😂

Screenshot_20191110-181708_Chrome.jpg

kingantti1874
Just now, Forza Cuore said:

🙈😂

Screenshot_20191110-181708_Chrome.jpg

typical male - .. the modern man always gives the equality women crave..  I’m sure the ladies wouldn’t mind paying their own way.. 

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

:wow:

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Trolling per chance ?

How would you feel if all the women season ticket holders and their children refuse to put money into our club because it's coming over as if you are a mIsogynist and I would hope that is not your intention

49 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

We have to move with the times and that means womens football has to be promoted

They have gone down the path with a few exceptions of coming under the mens teams names and it incumbant on clubs to support womens football as a result

At times we seem to forget there are many women who watch the mens game and contribute heavily to the income we make..they deserve a piece of that and in my eyes the young girls of today deserve coaching and development just as they would get in Tennis, Gymnastics etc

There will always have to be a discussion of how much in financial terms needs spent but there is no doubt that support should be given

The young fans of today will be influenced heavily by both parents and how do you explain to young females sorry but you can't play for Hearts because some men don't want to spend money on your football development

What’s your rough figure as to how much budget should be invested?

15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Try telling sporting institutions like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Fenerbache, CSKA Moscow etc who have basketball teams that it bears no relevance. 

"they've got nothing to do with Heart of Midlothian" 

You would have been right with this up until 2 or 3 years ago. Hearts ladies have absolutely everything to do with Heart of Midlothian these days. 👍

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Best wishes for the girls in the play off 👍🏻

Thanks mate. It'll be two really good teams battling it out so whoever wins will deserve it 👍

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Trolling per chance ?

How would you feel if all the women season ticket holders and their children refuse to put money into our club because it's coming over as if you are a mIsogynist and I would hope that is not your intention

As I said I personally have no issues with the ladies team but I’m speaking factually when I say I have no emotional connection with them.. women’s football is a different sport.

the ladies team should be self sustaining. Not subsidised by the men’s team, not sure why there would be a issue with that.  

if they were to draw fans or resources from the men’s team so be it.. 

22 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Bluntly put but there is definitely mixed messages in terms of womans football ie equality and independent feminist movement versus wanting help and favouts from the mens game namely finances.

Dont get me started on the female pundits.

We are going onto the realms of positive discrimination. And where you have to like and support womans football or you are a terrible human being.

12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

What’s your rough figure as to how much budget should be invested?

As much as the club can afford without impacting on the first team or indeed the youth set up . 

4 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Bluntly put but there is definitely mixed messages in terms of womans football ie equality and independent feminist movement versus wanting help and favouts from the mens game namely finances.

We are going onto the realms of positive discrimination. And where you have to like and support womans football or you are a terrible human being.

What exactly are female pundits to do with Hearts women’s fitba team ???? 

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

It’s not as if the male  pundits are the cream of broadcasting :lol:

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

As much as the club can afford without impacting on the first team or indeed the youth set up . 

pretty much 0 then.. as little as £2k could be the difference between retaining a youth player who could go on to great things and releasing them.. 

id be fine with the men’s team loaning the ladies team money which can be repaid when they are profitable.. with interest of course. 

1 minute ago, J80MBO said:

You don't have to like the womens game to realise that support needs/should be given

You don't have to attend one of their matches to realise support needs/should be given

You should recognise that times have moved on and as a result many males will need to change their ways..it's not going to stop

Girls today need the chance to play football from young children to young women as they do in the majority of other sports....authorities in those sports invest in both sexes

There will be times to come when decisions will need to be made at the elite womens level whether salaries should be paid and it will then be a serious discussion as to who pays for that and can the womens game stand on its own two feet

As it stands now though young girls and women need the help and should have it in terms of facilities, coaching etc

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

pretty much 0 then.. as little as £2k could be the difference between retaining a youth player who could go on to great things and releasing them.. 

id be fine with the men’s team loaning the ladies team money which can be repaid when they are profitable.. with interest of course. 

Well at the present time I’ll find myself going with the custodians of the club who are far more qualified than myself and I might guess if it’s okay , than your good self , to make the decision . 

ToadKiller Dog

Hearts women team is a new part of our club ,if it needs help to grow then I'm ok with the money I put into the club helping getting it going .

I'm not clued up on women's football finances and if they can in time mostly fund themselves .

I expect prize money is available from sponsors league position and European runs etc all be it on a tiny fraction of the scale in the mens game .

It could well be that down the road the womens team will be self or mostly self funded to a level that suits their needs ,until then the game should help build it . .

Certainly there would be an audience of some level for Derby games ,cup games ,euro nights .

I doubt the money invested is having any detrimental effect on the mens side .If anything it could well in the long term add a positive .

I'm sure the club is also proactive in getting sponsors for the womans team.

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

Well at the present time I’ll find myself going with the custodians of the club who are far more qualified than myself and I might guess if it’s okay , than your good self , to make the decision . 

That’s fine, but you can’t force everyone to support them, I and many others want the resources we need Invest in the club to be re-invested in the team I support. Subsidising the ladies team would is no different to subsidising a ladies netball team or a local kids ice hockey team.

as I said above have no issues with the ladies piggy backing on the brand, but any monies handed out should be fully repayable. 

im sure the ladies wouldn’t complain given the the absolutely equal footing they’d be on in this scenario. 

22 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

As I said I personally have no issues with the ladies team but I’m speaking factually when I say I have no emotional connection with them.. women’s football is a different sport.

the ladies team should be self sustaining. Not subsidised by the men’s team, not sure why there would be a issue with that.  

if they were to draw fans or resources from the men’s team so be it.. 

It's not easy starting up a business with no money. The woman's team will certainly need help in its early years. 

Budge has supported managers very well along side this so I don't see how it has impacted the mens team so far. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Homme said:

It's not easy starting up a business with no money. The woman's team will certainly need help in its early years. 

Budge has supported managers very well along side this so I don't see how it has impacted the mens team so far. 

Withe wages and set up costs it will be well over 6 figures.. 

Who knows - we may have got Lawrence Shankland if we’d offered him a £150k S/O fee

ls agree entirely with your first paragraph, that’s why I have no issues with any monies being a loan! I would also have no issues with the funding coming from our benefactor, as long as he or she explicitly gave consent for that portion of the funding to be directed towards the ladies. 

Edited by kingantti1874

That’s fine, but you can’t force everyone to support them, I and many others want the resources we need Invest in the club to be re-invested in the team I support. Subsidising the ladies team would is no different to subsidising a ladies netball team or a local kids ice hockey team.

as I said above have no issues with the ladies piggy backing on the brand, but any monies handed out should be fully repayable. 

im sure the ladies wouldn’t complain given the the absolutely equal footing they’d be on in this scenario. 

Absolutely agree , no one should be made to like the idea of a woman’s team just because others say you should . 
As I posted previously all that should be spent is what can be afforded and does not and should never impact on the 1st team . 
Im sure if the need to cut back on the amount given was required the women’s team would revert to getting sponsorships as they currently do . 
Not sure I agree with your comment tho about repaying and with interest , the women have been afford this chance they never asked for it . 

Honestly some of the comments on here are shocking.

This team are part of Hearts. 

If you support Hearts then you support the women because they are Hearts and they will be as proud as any man to pull on the maroon.

Couldn't we have an I Hate Womens Football thread so that the mysoginists can excite and console each other.

That would leave this thread free to those of us who know womens football has a massive future.

56 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

These women eh? Soon they'll be wanting to vote and go in a pub, they need to remember their place

:facepalm:

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Macros said:

These women eh? Soon they'll be wanting to vote and go in a pub, they need to remember their place

Is that what he said? Thought not. 

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Honestly some of the comments on here are shocking.

This team are part of Hearts. 

If you support Hearts then you support the women because they are Hearts and they will be as proud as any man to pull on the maroon.

I support Hearts but I couldn't care less about the womens team so you are 100% wrong on that one. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Macros said:

Where have I said I have an issue with the ladies team? Or ladies playing football?  I’ve defended the ladies and their right to equality at every turn. 

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Who knows - we may have got Lawrence Shankland if we’d offered him a £150k S/O fee

And then paid him another £250k for his Scotland call up ? 
I don’t believe and I don’t think you really do either , think that the women’s team was the reason that he wasn’t signed .

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Couldn't we have an I Hate Womens Football thread so that the mysoginists can excite and console each other.

That would leave this thread free to those of us who know womens football has a massive future.

who qualifies as a misogynist? Those offering a chance of equality or those treating them like little women who need a charitable handout from the men’s team

pretty sure the ladies would want to pay their own way.. this isn’t the 1950’s mate.. get with the times

kingantti1874

And then paid him another £250k for his Scotland call up ? 
I don’t believe and I don’t think you really do either , think that the women’s team was the reason that he wasn’t signed .

the point is £150k isn’t an insignificant amount for the men’s team.. that isn’t up for debate, it’s a stone cold fact.. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

the point is £150k isn’t an insignificant amount for the men’s team.. that isn’t up for debate, it’s a stone cold fact.. 

At no point have I said it isn’t , I have however said the finances have obviously been checked and been okayed for the purpose . 
I would like to know if that sum you’ve posted is 100% fact 

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I support Hearts but I couldn't care less about the womens team so you are 100% wrong on that one. 

Why though? 

Do you not believe them deserving of a place in our club? You think because they are women they don't deserve any financial backing?

If they did something incredible (as unlikely as it may be) in a few years time like win a European trophy would you just turn your nose up at the achievement because they are women and not men?

kingantti1874

At no point have I said it isn’t , I have however said the finances have obviously been checked and been okayed for the purpose . 
I would like to know if that sum you’ve posted is 100% fact 

Ive no idea if it’s fact or not, but paying wages, the use of facilities, hiring the guy from Man City, it will be 6 figures anyway.. Our forthcoming accounts will show all.  Sure it’s not going to bankrupt the club, there’s no question of that..

but it could without doubt have been used for the purpose of improving HMFC

Ive no idea if it’s fact or not, but paying wages, the use of facilities, hiring the guy from Man City, it will be 6 figures anyway.. Our forthcoming accounts will show all.  Sure it’s not going to bankrupt the club, there’s no question of that..

but it could without doubt have been used for the purpose of improving HMFC

It will definitely be into the six figures. At a time when we need every available penny to try and make us consistently in the top end of the league we give away valuable resources to the woman’s team!!! Great plan 👍🏻

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Why though? 

Do you not believe them deserving of a place in our club? You think because they are women they don't deserve any financial backing?

If they did something incredible (as unlikely as it may be) in a few years time like win a European trophy would you just turn your nose up at the achievement because they are women and not men?

We are happy to slag off rangers fans for supporting Newco even though we all know they have no history and are no the same club.. the women’s team are a new club, with no history who are piggy backing on a 145 year old brand.. good luck to them..

They should retain 100% of the funds they generate by attracting paying customers, prize money and sponsorship.. (- paying back any loans provided by HMFC And for the use of the facilities). They can piggy back on the HMFC brand (without charge)

Edited by kingantti1874

20 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I don’t see anyone seriously hating women’s football but is it not feasible to question the investment Hearts are making in it? 

For us to compete at the top level would I imagine mean going professional.

Some people believe the investment would pay off handsomely...and others do not. 

But I admit, it’s difficult to argue against it without sounding like a 1950s caricature. 

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Odd bunch. Women's football is on the up. These guys probably don't care much for women's tennis, athletics etc either. It's a long way behind the male game  but it will get better and Hearts should 100% be involved.

29 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

ls agree entirely with your first paragraph, that’s why I have no issues with any monies being a loan! I would also have no issues with the funding coming from our benefactor, as long as he or she explicitly gave consent for that portion of the funding to be directed towards the ladies. 

Loaning to ourself didn't work out so well last time :lol:

I've not read much about the money side but perhaps the money has come from a Benfactor? Perhaps Ann herself? 

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Why though? 

I don't like women's football and I can't make myself like it. We are not Manchester City who can afford to throw money at a vanity project and I want every single penny going towards the first team and boys youths. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Homme said:

I've not read much about the money side but perhaps the money has come from a Benfactor? Perhaps Ann herself? 

As I say I’ve no issue with that at all, I hope our accounts will clarify that. 

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I don't like women's football and I can't make myself like it. We are not Manchester City who can afford to throw money at a vanity project and I want every single penny going towards the first team and boys youths. 

I agree with this. Women’s football needs to be self funding.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Homme said:

the bit about loaning to ourself - some fans like yourself see the women’s team as “ourselves “to  me they are or should be a separate and self sustaining, self funded entity. they are a new unrelated team, playing a different sport using our brand!

Edited by kingantti1874

ToadKiller Dog

There is no evidence what so ever that the mens team is missing out because of the funding to the womans side .

Ann Budge has always said if (at the time Levein ) came forward wanting a player funding if reasonable would be available. 

It's a false argument ,should the club stop the projects it helps fund in the community as it takes money from the mens side .

The womens team is a new addition to the club ,I welcome it fully ,I hope in time as the game grows it will become more self funding .

55 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Nothing They are woman which seems to be enough to send people on here into a sexist frenzy 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, qferryjam said:

Nothing They are woman which seems to be enough to send people on here into a sexist frenzy 

It has absolutely nothing to do with their gender. If we started pumping money into a mens over 40s team I would have the exact same opinion. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

There is no evidence what so ever that the mens team is missing out because of the funding to the womans side .

Ann Budge has always said if (at the time Levein ) came forward wanting a player funding if reasonable would be available. 

It's a false argument ,should the club stop the projects it helps fund in the community as it takes money from the mens side .

The womens team is a new addition to the club ,I welcome it fully ,I hope in time as the game grows it will become more self funding .

that makes no sense at all, if money has been used to subsidise the women’s team it has been redirected from the funds which would otherwise have been available to HMFC.. even if it is £1

unless it has come from a benefactor who’s intention was to promote a new team. Which is fine.. 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

that makes no sense at all, if money has been used to subsidise the women’s team it has been redirected from the funds which would otherwise have been available to HMFC.. even if it is £1

unless it has come from a benefactor who’s intention was to promote a new team. Which is fine.

...but hardly sustainable. 

kingantti1874

For true equality maybe the ruling bodies should implement a rule that 7 of every 14 player match day squad should be female! 

in these circumstances I’d be all for investing in the women’s game! 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2