Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2

3fingersreid

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

There’s a really obvious solution to this,

as well as stand alone match tickets for the women’s team hearts should offer an elective supplement on both match tickets and season tickets which entitles you to entry for women’s game but will also be spent entirely on the women’s team.. for example - my ST cost £500, for an optional 20% - raising price to £600 - Id be entitled to my seat for women’s game.  We should aim to make the add on 100% of ST price , that would be the only fair way to ensure true equality wouldn’t it!  

this way I can be assured that every penny i spend on my team is re-invested my team and only my team, and those who also choose to support the women’s team have a very convenient opportunity to support the women’s team without forcing a view on others that they should do the same.

I’m not against the women’s team, but i personally do not enjoy the sport - it’s just so slow and lacks in my aspects in my view,  I just can’t get into it therefore  have no emotional attachment at this point.  

For those who do, I’ve no issue with it - my proposed solution would remove the need to unfairly disadvantage the men’s team and avoid unfairly re-directing funds against the will of those who only support the men’s team, it should encourage higher attendances  and higher revenues for the women as long as people aren’t all talk.

all non match day incomes can be distributed fairly by a % of revenue generated, and costs can be shared as appropriate 

That's just ridiculous, we are a football club. We should've been involved before now in the women's game and they've just landed themselves a sponsorship deal. 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

So you totally ignore the £100000 the womens team have just earned for themselves, with more to come. Honestly you have to get over the fact that we now have, or very soon will have, a womens team as part of Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Where did I ignore it? Congrats to them.  the only ignoring here is you ignoring the fundamental point 

if YOU support the women’s team YOU and everyone else who supports it should pay for it. 

Unless your all talk of course .. and only want to pay to watch men’s football despite enjoying and claiming support the women’s game. 

what a very misogynistic attitude to have.. disappointing. 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

That's just ridiculous, we are a football club. We should've been involved before now in the women's game and they've just landed themselves a sponsorship deal. 

Ridiculous to ask you to pay to watch a game you claim to support? 😆 FFS - so what you really want is ME to contribute  for you to support the women, going along every now and then for free..

Laughable , you claim to support the women but your all talk..

Edited by kingantti1874

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, XB52 said:

So you must be happy then as we are gaining sponsorship solely for the womens team so no impact on the men

Absolutely, and good luck to them. As long as they are self sustaining I don't have a problem with them. 

fabienleclerq
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Ridiculous to ask you to pay to watch a game you claim to support? 😆 FFS - so what you really want is ME to contribute  for you to support the women, going along every now and then for free..

I don't go to the women's games you dinosaur, doesn't mean the club shouldn't be involved or help a little with finances. It's not like we are pumping millions in Ffs. 

1960 called.... 

19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Where did I ignore it? Congrats to them.  the only ignoring here is you ignoring the fundamental point 

if YOU support the women’s team YOU and everyone else who supports it should pay for it. 

Unless your all talk of course .. and only want to pay to watch men’s football despite enjoying and claiming support the women’s game. 

Quite happy to pay say 10%extra on my season ticket to support the womens team if the club state that's required. 

15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Where are you contributing?

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Where are you contributing?

sorry if I wasn’t clear, I’m not contributing, I don’t want to contribute and I wouldn’t contribute should the club make it convenient for me to do so   .. to explain it wouldn’t upset me for a nanosecond if hibs ladies beat hearts ladies 20- nil!! couldn't care less ! i have no interest whatsoever in the sport. 

I’m not the one PRETENDING to support something am I .. If YOU support it YOU should pay for it, stop spending my cash. 

Edited by kingantti1874

kingantti1874
23 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Quite happy to pay say 10%extra on my season ticket to support the womens team if the club state that's required. 

good man.. if only there were more like you.. 

kingantti1874
28 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I don't go to the women's games you dinosaur, doesn't mean the club shouldn't be involved or help a little with finances. It's not like we are pumping millions in Ffs. 

1960 called.... 

Not enjoying the sport doesn’t make me a dinosaur, I don’t like basketball or lawn bowling either.. 

fabienleclerq
13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not enjoying the sport doesn’t make me a dinosaur, I don’t like basketball or lawn bowling either.. 

We aren't a basketball club though..

You're attitude to us having a woman's side is what makes you a dinosaur. Why did you even open the thread? Just to see if you get annoyed by something? 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

We aren't a basketball club though..

You're attitude to us having a woman's side is what makes you a dinosaur. Why did you even open the thread? Just to see if you get annoyed by something? 

Im not opposed to it! I’m pro equality FFS !! My suggestion would give you the equal opportunity to support the women’s team .. you can’t see it but YOUR the 🦕 not me. 

Personally - I’ve watched it but It’s virtually  different sport, it has different demands, requires different style, has different level of aggression, requires a different skill set and a different qualities .  I’m not saying it worse or better than men’s football but it is NOT the same game and  I  don’t have to like it because you say I should and I shouldn’t be asked to fund it. 

Why do you object to directly funding of the women’s team? XB52 says he’d happily pay.

fabienleclerq
19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Im not opposed to it! I’m pro equality FFS !! My suggestion would give you the equal opportunity to support the women’s team .. you can’t see it but YOUR the 🦕 not me. 

Personally - I’ve watched it but It’s virtually  different sport, it has different demands, requires different style, has different level of aggression, requires a different skill set and a different qualities .  I’m not saying it worse or better than men’s football but it is NOT the same game and  I  don’t have to like it because you say I should and I shouldn’t be asked to fund it. 

Why do you object to directly funding of the women’s team? XB52 says he’d happily pay.

You're not even reading my posts and just strawmanning.

I don't go to the womans game, it's hard enough trying to get to the men's games. I think Hearts as a club should support a woman's team, they do make up 50%of the population. 

I've not mentioned the standard or forcing you to watch.

Why did you open the thread ?

Edited by fabienleclerq

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

You're not even reading my posts and just strawmanning.

I don't go to the womans game, it's hard enough trying to get to the men's games. I think Hearts as a club should support a woman's team, they do make up 50%of the population.

I've not mentioned the standard or forcing you to watch.

Why did you open the thread ?

I’m not sure why you find this so difficult.. I’ll set it out in bullets and see if it helps 

- I DO NOT object to hearts as a club having a women’s team

- I DO object to using MY money to pay for a different sport..
 - I DO NOT object to the club providing YOU, as a supporter the equal opportunity to fund it 
- If YOU want it YOU should pay the extra on your ST, tour match match day tickets or by buying tickets only for the women’s team.

it seems though your all talk as I suggested earlier 

PS - I opened the thread because I’m an equal opportunities man.. not a dinosaur who thinks the women are a charity case who can’t stand on their own 2 feet. 👍🏻

Edited by kingantti1874

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hearts have committed to making the club a force for the wider community. Encouraging girls football through investing in the academy is the main investment though we are getting better players for womens team too. Girls and women are now seen as important. 

Hearts spend time and money supporting other activities. If you don't want money spent on this you have to want Hearts to stio everything else which includes events to encourage boys football including school holiday training, assisting with charity events eg signed footballs. 

Be consistent. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’m not sure why you find this so difficult.. I’ll set it out in bullets and see if it helps 

- I DO NOT object to the club providing YOU, as. the equal opportunity to fund it 
- If YOU want it YOU should pay the extra on your ST, tour match match day tickets or by buying tickets only for the women’s team.

I opened the thread because I’m an equal opportunities man.. not a dinosaur who thinks women are a charity case. 👍🏻

It's fair enough.

Maybe you don't know about the other money spent on non first team activities. Not demanding all that stops eg Big Hearts suggests you just don't like womens football. 

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

There’s a really obvious solution to this,

as well as stand alone match tickets for the women’s team hearts should offer an elective supplement on both match tickets and season tickets which entitles you to entry for women’s game but will also be spent entirely on the women’s team.. for example - my ST cost £500, for an optional 20% - raising price to £600 - Id be entitled to my seat for women’s game.  We should aim to make the add on 100% of ST price , that would be the only fair way to ensure true equality wouldn’t it!  

this way I can be assured that every penny i spend on my team is re-invested my team and only my team, and those who also choose to support the women’s team have a very convenient opportunity to support the women’s team without forcing a view on others that they should do the same.

I’m not against the women’s team, but i personally do not enjoy the sport - it’s just so slow and lacks in my aspects in my view,  I just can’t get into it therefore  have no emotional attachment at this point.  

For those who do, I’ve no issue with it - my proposed solution would remove the need to unfairly disadvantage the men’s team and avoid unfairly re-directing funds against the will of those who only support the men’s team, it should encourage higher attendances  and higher revenues for the women as long as people aren’t all talk.

all non match day incomes can be distributed fairly by a % of revenue generated, and costs can be shared as appropriate 

Should we do the same for reserve games, u18 games etc ? 
get real, if they are part of the club they are part of the club. 
you are actually suggesting I pay extra to go and watch my grand-daughter playing football yet if I go to watch my grandson playing I pay nothing extra. 
Crazy, and more than a bit sexist to be honest. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hearts have committed to making the club a force for the wider community. Encouraging girls football through investing in the academy is the main investment though we are getting better players for womens team too. Girls and women are now seen as important. 

Hearts spend time and money supporting other activities. If you don't want money spent on this you have to want Hearts to stio everything else which includes events to encourage boys football including school holiday training, assisting with charity events eg signed footballs. 

Be consistent. 

im very consistent- I’m willing to pay for everything and anything that directly benefits the team I watch. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's fair enough.

Maybe you don't know about the other money spent on non first team activities. Not demanding all that stops eg Big Hearts suggests you just don't like womens football. 

I don’t like women’s football! I’ve made this extremely clear many times. 

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

- I DO NOT object to the club providing YOU, as a supporter the equal opportunity to fund it 

PS - I opened the thread because I’m an equal opportunities man.. not a dinosaur who thinks the women are a charity case who can’t stand on their own 2 feet. 👍🏻

So, do you think there should be a supplement on the season ticket for Big Hearts? What about an extra £50 on it for the Hearts Community initiative?  £25 for the museum membership? 
I’m all for it. Do you think it would work? 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

im very consistent- I’m willing to pay for everything and anything that directly benefits the team I watch. 

Fair enough.

If you have you argued for us stopping funding charity activities including Big Hearts fair play. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Think it’s that you are willing to pay for everything you agree with. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Should we do the same for reserve games, u18 games etc ? 
get real, if they are part of the club they are part of the club. 
you are actually suggesting I pay extra to go and watch my grand-daughter playing football yet if I go to watch my grandson playing I pay nothing extra. 
Crazy, and more than a bit sexist to be honest. 

I’m saying if you want to watch the women’s first team you should be willing to pay for it. 

I have no interest in it therefore I’m not willing to pay for it..

pretty simple stuff and nothing sexist about it.. you clearly don’t understand sexism..

my 10 year old daughter is pretty good at football.. I’ll maybe take her a long to a game and see if she is untested in it!! I’d be delighted to pay if she’s interested 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So, do you think there should be a supplement on the season ticket for Big Hearts? What about an extra £50 on it for the Hearts Community initiative?  £25 for the museum membership? 
I’m all for it. Do you think it would work? 

yes mate, I’ve no objection to hearts offering voluntary top ups for charities.. I contribute directly to many so would simplify it for me..

but I also don’t think Of women’s football as a charity.. 

14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t like women’s football! I’ve made this extremely clear many times. 

Yeah

Long posts suggest a more fair and reasonable approach.

But that's fine. 

People saying they don't like womens football on a thread about Hearts women just demonstrates the ability to pass judgement. 

No one much cares. Because its happening and is here to stay. 

Edited by Mikey1874

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think it’s that you are willing to pay for everything you agree with. 

No not at all - if I go to the cinema to watch Terminator I don't expect them to charge me an extra pound to go see Frozen 2 

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

yes mate, I’ve no objection to hearts offering voluntary top ups for charities.. I contribute directly to many so would simplify it for me..

but I also don’t think Of women’s football as a charity.. 

People care about other people. But investing in charity such as Big Hearts is also investing in the future. If kinship carers get more support or people with mental health challenges can lead a better life (and not for example commit suicide or just be stuck at home) then everyone benefits. Including contributing to the economy. Which could include spending money on Hearts.

The point you made about Hearts women being self sustainable is reasonable. But the foundation of our society in developing and growth is based on new enterprise and investing in new activities or products. No new drug would happen without investment. No new technology. People see that its good to encourage girls to play football and crucially give opportunities to those who want to play, at all levels. But womens football just might be able to grow even more to a point of being able to hold World Cups, attract investment and get good crowds. 

Edited by Mikey1874

No not at all - if I go to the cinema to watch Terminator I don't expect them to charge me an extra pound to go see Frozen 2 

I get in free to womens games for now.

FFS does this thread really need to get hijacked by insecure men every time? 

Thought I'd find out about their final game of the season but **** reading back pages of pish to find something actually relevant to the thread

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

People care about other people. But investing in charity such as Big Hearts is also investing in the future. If kinship carers get more support or people with mental health challenges can lead a better life (and not for example commit suicide or just be stuck at home) then everyone benefits. Including contributing to the economy. Which could include spending money on Hearts.

The point you made about Hearts women being self sustainable is reasonable. But the foundation of our society in developing and growth is based on new enterprise and investing in new activiries or products. No new drug would happen without investment. No new technology. People see that its good to encourage girls to play football and crucially give opportunities to those who want to play, at all levels. But womens football just might be able to grow even more to a point of being able to hold World Cups, attract investment and get good crowds. 

ive no objection to any of this. I just don’t know why we are given the opportunity to chose to provide support.. or not

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Becuase I’m subsiding it.. you should be paying

No

I'm subsiding it from being a (multiple because I donate) season ticket holder. 

Becuase I’m subsiding it.. you should be paying

Sorry I have missed something, how are you subsidising it ?

These young women are representing HMFC, the club I support. Good Luck to them in their biggest game of the season.

All teams bearing the famous name should be given our support no matter what gender or age.

TBH there is probably more chance of them winning a significant trophy in the near future 

36 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’m saying if you want to watch the women’s first team you should be willing to pay for it. 

I have no interest in it therefore I’m not willing to pay for it..

pretty simple stuff and nothing sexist about it.. you clearly don’t understand sexism..

my 10 year old daughter is pretty good at football.. I’ll maybe take her a long to a game and see if she is untested in it!! I’d be delighted to pay if she’s interested 

Do you go to watch reserve matches? U18 matches? U12 matches?  You pay for all of them at the moment. 

fabienleclerq
52 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think there's only one poster who's all talk on this thread. I pay money to a football club, that's an inclusive one. So money goes to the boys teams, charity or whatever the club sees fit. 

I'm not interested in watching the women's team but think it's important hearts as a club have one. 

Tbh I'm starting to think you're a charity case. 

Edited by fabienleclerq

kingantti1874
32 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Sorry I have missed something, how are you subsidising it ?

Becuase it is being funded by monies  generated by match day income.

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I think there's only one poster who's all talk on this thread. I pay money to a football club, that's an inclusive one. So money goes to the boys teams, charity or whatever the club sees fit. 

I'm not interested in watching the women's team but think it's important hearts as a club have one. 

Tbh I'm starting to think you're a charity case. 

if ever decide to go along and watch I’ll happily pay for the privilege. 

Becuase it is being funded by monies  generated by match day income.

You have no idea what money has paid for what. We had an huge profit this year

, that's what's paying for it, your match day spending has got you in to watch the match and eat a pie. It doesn't give the right to say what the money then gets spent on 

I hope none of the women about to play the biggest game of their lives are reading this thread.  If any are, please ignore the dinosaurs.  The vast majority of Jambos will be right behind you.

Forever Hearts
26 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Do you go to watch reserve matches? U18 matches? U12 matches?  You pay for all of them at the moment. 

And we are happy to do so because those boys could be in the first team in the not too distant future. 

kingantti1874
41 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No

I'm subsiding it from being a (multiple because I donate) season ticket holder. 

The problem is your also using my season ticket money.

Forever Hearts
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

I hope none of the women about to play the biggest game of their lives are reading this thread.  If any are, please ignore the dinosaurs.  The vast majority of Jambos will be right behind you.

Just not behind them enough to actually go to the game. I wonder why that is? 

Complaining about subsidising a women's team when the mens team you support almost went to the wall spending money it didn't have and is still in receipt of donations from wealthy backers. 

Ford Prentice

Came on to this thread again to look for news prior to tomorrow's game. Only to find it once again hijacked. 

A plea to the moderators: can we not just have a thread for those interested in Heart of Midlothian's women's team and send the other posters to the shed or somewhere.

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, Homme said:

Complaining about subsidising a women's team when the mens team you support almost went to the wall spending money it didn't have and is still in receipt of donations from wealthy backers. 

Not sure what your point is?

18 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Just not behind them enough to actually go to the game. I wonder why that is? 

We all support the youth team and most dont go to the games, in fact a shit load of Hearts fans support the club as a whole and dont goto games for the first team.

What is your point?

For me anyone putting on the jersey as part of the club will get my full support, whether i make every game or not and for whichever squad its irrelevant.

Edited by Jamboelite

Here's the deal

start your own thread about how you feel about the funding of the club's women's team.

leave this thread to us who want to be updated with scores, fixtures, etc.

Quite frankly you are a tiresome bore with your opinions.

Not just this thread.

@kingantti1874

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2