F.A.O Andrew McKinley

Selkirkhmfc1874

Chuck Berry
23 minutes ago, billybalfour said:

There was a FOH board meeting last night and communication was definitely on the agenda.

We will likely find out the outcome in due course.

Good to hear.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• davemclaren

• Chuck Berry

• been here before

I think both Edinburgh clubs are spot on to allow each club full away stand. It's part of the atmosphere and tradition.

7,000 on ST waiting list! 

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Good interview.  If we really have 7000 on a waiting list then we have to be looking at how we increase capacity. Those additional fans would take us to another level completely. 

I'm not sure why he'd lie, but I find that pretty unbelievable.  We should be looking to increase capacity to about 25-30k if so but it'd probably cost about 100m or something if its even feasible.

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I'm not sure why he'd lie, but I find that pretty unbelievable.  We should be looking to increase capacity to about 25-30k if so but it'd probably cost about 100m or something if its even feasible.

I don’t think he’s lying either. One things for sure we should be doing a feasibility assessment because current capacity is prohibitive 

Wonder how big we could build a new wheatfeild even possibly 2 teir.  Dear Mr Anderson pweeeease 🤣

What was the final bill for the main stand reckon cost the same for new larger wheatfeild. 

billybalfour
15 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

when the next one.  I have shares but never seem to make it 

Both AGM's are usually in December.The one I was referring to that was sparsely attended was the FOH one.It has been in the evening following the main AGM.Maybe that doesn't suit a lot of members.

15 hours ago, jtkb said:

Wonder how big we could build a new wheatfeild even possibly 2 teir.  Dear Mr Anderson pweeeease 🤣

What was the final bill for the main stand reckon cost the same for new larger wheatfeild. 

If you are looking at 25k+ then Tynie isn't viable to expand.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, billybalfour said:

Both AGM's are usually in December.The one I was referring to that was sparsely attended was the FOH one.It has been in the evening following the main AGM.Maybe that doesn't suit a lot of members.

It should suit more than one held during the day you would imagine.  

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

If you are looking at 25k+ then Tynie isn't viable to expand.

I think getting up to near 25k is realistic and about right fanbase wise.

Ive zero clue about physical feasibility, let alone financial

Could perhaps be cheaper to redo Wheatfield as could be more basic than Main Stand (ie no need for the corporate facilities etc). But then materials have skyrocketed sonce then too, i guess.

35 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

Any stadium expansion is fine if you grease the right palms. Cost is the issue. 

You would need to pay for cycle lanes and extra trams for this council to approve anything.

10 hours ago, frankblack said:

You would need to pay for cycle lanes and extra trams for this council to approve anything.

A cycle lane through the middle of the 4 stands should do the trick :cyclist: 

Doing a good job imo .... Getting on with things in the background and making sure the budget is there to finalise some of these signings 

Backing the management team, ultimately, and hopefully this season a new exciting brand of football is on the cards 

All credit to AB. Since the Levein era her board appointments, in my view, have been extremely well thought out.

A mix of characters which seem to excel in various fields but a collective ambition and determination to get us moving in the right direction. 

Genuinely optimistic moving forward.🙏

Expanding would be fantastic but feasibility wise unless we are building a new Wheatfield Stand I can’t see it happening. They won’t spend millions to just give a small increase, would need to be a game changer. The Wheatfield is the only one not land locked but comes with the complications of the distillery. 

22 hours ago, Kendoll said:

Any stadium expansion is fine if you grease the right palms. Cost is the issue. 

And do we want to pay that or pay to improve the squad at this moment in time to remain competitive and keep up the interest of fans on a waiting list.