F.A.O Andrew McKinley

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Rudolf said:

Have a read of the Plot ceremony updates thread.

It's full of little goodies that may calm you down.

I've seen all them and like reading them but it's not the same as speaking to the whole fan base like we've always had until this summer of silence 

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• davemclaren

• Chuck Berry

• been here before

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

The summer of silence 2023. 

DVD on sale in the club shop from 1 August...

First 100 sold signed by Craig Gordon and other first team stars.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

A don't but my oldest son does 

I would get Twitter then. That will relieve the 'silence' that you're apparently suffering in. The club post direct communications to the fans most days ...

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

I would get Twitter then. That will relieve the 'silence' that you're apparently suffering in. The club post direct communications to the fans most days ...

From Andrew McKinley?

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

Phil Turnbull is "Head of Communications" at the club.

Cheers for that Chuck.

Then asking him in the first instance, or at least one of the FOH reps having a quiet word in his ear may bring to light the club's communication plan for anyone who has concerns.  

highlandjambo3
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair, a lot complained about Ann's regular epistles.   There is a happy medium somewhere though. 

😂😂😂behave………you were doing ok up until that point.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

😂😂😂behave………you were doing ok up until that point.

Ok, strike the word 'happy'. 😎

Dusk_Till_Dawn
21 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Cheers for that Chuck.

Then asking him in the first instance, or at least one of the FOH reps having a quiet word in his ear may bring to light the club's communication plan for anyone who has concerns.  

I wouldn’t hold your breath on the fabled FOH reps. 

Chuck Berry
27 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Cheers for that Chuck.

erm.....FoH aren't any better.

Byyy The Light
51 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

From Andrew McKinley?

😂😂😂 seriously just go support Aberdeen

been here before
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Don't be ridiculous, I'm a bit old in the tooth for attention seeking....

And yet here you are.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

😂😂😂 seriously just go support Aberdeen

What a stupid comment 

Selkirkhmfc1874
30 minutes ago, been here before said:

And yet here you are.

Certainly not attention seeking that's for sure ! If you don't think this summer has been weird with lack of communication then fine but I'm afraid I do 

19 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Certainly not attention seeking that's for sure ! If you don't think this summer has been weird with lack of communication then fine but I'm afraid I do 

Complain to the club then rather than greet like a bairn on here.

Everybody wins.

been here before
19 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

If theres nothing to say theres nothing to say. Most normal adults can function without being personally informed each and every day by Hearts. Most of us dont really need to know how many STs have been sold or how a hotel is coming along. We get up, take a shite and get on with our lives.

You on the other hand...

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I've seen all them and like reading them but it's not the same as speaking to the whole fan base like we've always had until this summer of silence 

So in short, you have the information you need but you refuse it until Andrew McKinley comes around your house and whispers it in your ear.

Selkirkhmfc1874
14 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Complain to the club then rather than greet like a bairn on here.

Everybody wins.

Well it is a fans forum where if you don't like it you've got the choice to ignore and scroll on

Selkirkhmfc1874
13 minutes ago, been here before said:

If theres nothing to say theres nothing to say. Most normal adults can function without being personally informed each and every day by Hearts. Most of us dont really need to know how many STs have been sold or how a hotel is coming along. We get up, take a shite and get on with our lives.

You on the other hand...

You on the other hand just like a nodding dog and don't want any answers from the club! I think as a supporters owned club the communication should be better 

Selkirkhmfc1874
14 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

So in short, you have the information you need but you refuse it until Andrew McKinley comes around your house and whispers it in your ear.

If I had the information I wouldn't be asking

been here before
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You on the other hand just like a nodding dog and don't want any answers from the club! I think as a supporters owned club the communication should be better 

I dont need any answers from the club.

How did you function before the internet? Spunk all your wages on clubcall?

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, been here before said:

So why are you on this thread telling everyone you don't need answers if you don't need answers?  JKB.........

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

And that's fine, I would like some answers like the club has always communicated until this summer

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

So why are you on this thread telling everyone you don't need answers if you don't need answers?  JKB.........

This!

25 minutes ago, been here before said:

You on the other hand...

Agree and I certainly take a shite.😎.   People seem more needy now.

They way I look at it, if there’s problems behind the scenes, they’ll surface sooner or later.  If the club don’t pull their weight, it’ll show on the pitch and the fans will then, and quite rightly, act accordingly….the way it’s always been.

Aye, we live in a different world of communication now and people take what they want from it.  It can help but it can also be overcoming.

Nothing wrong with keeping a close eye on things because it’s too easy to just trust who’s in charge of Hearts without concern.  People take the pish at all levels in life.  

Edited by Debut 4

been here before
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

And that's fine, I would like some answers like the club has always communicated until this summer

They havent always communicated the same way until this summer though.

Selkirkhmfc1874

They havent always communicated the same way until this summer though.

You think our communication has been as awful as this summer in the past?

been here before
6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You think our communication has been as awful as this summer in the past?

No idea as Ive repearedly say I dont really hang in every word that comes out of Tynecastle. I'm an adult who doesnt really wet his knickers if there's nothing winging its way toward me from Hearts.

How did you cope pre internet? 

Fire of a strongly worded letter to The Pink "FAO of Wallace Mercer" greeting about the Royal Mail not delivering letters to you from EH11 each morning?

You must have kept Tena Lady in business during those long close seasons back then.

Edited by been here before

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, been here before said:

No idea as Ive repearedly say I dont really hang in every word that comes out of Tynecastle. I'm an adult who doesnt really wet his knickers if there's nothing winging its way toward me from Hearts.

How did you cope pre internet? 

Fire of a strongly worded letter to The Pink "FAO of Wallace Mercer" greeting about the Royal Mail not delivering letters to you from EH11 each morning?

Why have you even commented on this thread ? You obviously just looking to argue ! You don't agree with me then just ignore and scroll past like a normal adult

been here before
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Why have you even commented on this thread ? You obviously just looking to argue ! You don't agree with me then just ignore and scroll past like a normal adult

Im giving you the attention you clearly seek.

How did you cope pre internet with finding out what was happening at Tynecastle?

Selkirkhmfc1874

Im giving you the attention you clearly seek.

How did you cope pre internet with finding out what was happening at Tynecastle?

Can assure you no attention seeking here but you crack on and away try start argument with somebody else

been here before
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Can assure you no attention seeking here but you crack on and away try start argument with somebody else

Theres no argument, just you unable to answer a simple question.

The fact you presumably did manage to (just) cope with even longer pre seasons in the days before the  internet and social media where all we had were the odd rumour printed in the news or from a mate in the boozer is really just showing how much of a pant wetting attention seeker you and some of our support have become if they're not personally spoon fed stuff in Twitter, Facebook or statements from the club.

"FAO Andrew McKinley" FFS. :rofl:

Selkirkhmfc1874

The fact you presumably did manage to (just) cope with even longer pre seasons in the days before the  internet and social media where all we had were the odd rumour printed in the news or from a mate in the boozer is really just showing how much of a pant wetting attention seeker you and some of our support have become if they're not personally spoon fed stuff in Twitter, Facebook or statements from the club.

You're just the typical keyboard warrior who hides behind stupid Internet name and belittle people because you're hiding behind keyboard like a warrior

Byyy The Light

But, but Alan Burrows has twitter.

Never mind the fact the poster says he doesn't have twitter. So he wants Andrew McKinley to be like Burrows because he interacts with fans on twitter but doesn't have a twitter account himself 😂

Nerja Jambo

The only thing I've not heard trotted out yet is the " fan owned but not fan run " excuse. Maybe both HMFC and FOH should remember the first part of that, FAN OWNED. As for fan run, maybe the fans could make a better job of the transfer window than the club are. And for those who had their sense of humour genes removed at birth, that is a joke, a bit like this transfer window. The board have only themselves to blame for all the criticism they are getting. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Byyy The Light said:

But, but Alan Burrows has twitter.

Never mind the fact the poster says he doesn't have twitter. So he wants Andrew McKinley to be like Burrows because he interacts with fans on twitter but doesn't have a twitter account himself 😂

I've never mentioned Burrows , was somebody else so you've made clown 🤡 put yourself 

been here before
7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You're just the typical keyboard warrior who hides behind stupid Internet name and belittle people because you're hiding behind keyboard like a warrior

Holly-Willoughby-Card-scaled.thumb.jpg.93b2375e813f157847e7c12ef14ebd4d.jpg

8 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would be nice for the owners of the football club to get some communication from you instead of the silence this summer.

1. How is work on the hotel going and when is planned opening date?

2. How many season tickets have the football club sold?

3. How many tickets will away fans receive next season?

4. What are your aspirations for the club this coming season?

5. Are discussions being had to look into increasing attendance at Tynecastle Park?

1. Last time I looked fit out work was ongoing. Does the rest really matter that much?

2. Given we've reduced the away allocation to a single section for all clubs except Hibs (widely reported in the press) I'd suggest we've done well and are very confident of home sell outs.

3. See above.

4. A valid question and one I'd be interested in hearing the board, Joe Savage and Steven Naismith address.

5. Common sense would say no. Tynie is locked in on all sides. We have what we have. 

pennyjambo22
45 minutes ago, been here before said:

Parson Peebles paid for all my calls to the club call hotline😂 until the next company telephone bill was queried. 🇱🇻

Byyy The Light
13 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I've never mentioned Burrows , was somebody else so you've made clown 🤡 put yourself 

Ah well it happens, I'll survive. I get adults pining for emails/phone calls/DMs from club CEO's mixed up.

Byyy The Light
9 minutes ago, blairdin said:

1. Last time I looked fit out work was ongoing. Does the rest really matter that much?

2. Given we've reduced the away allocation to a single section for all clubs except Hibs (widely reported in the press) I'd suggest we've done well and are very confident of home sell outs.

3. See above.

4. A valid question and one I'd be interested in hearing the board, Joe Savage and Steven Naismith address.

5. Common sense would say no. Tynie is locked in on all sides. We have what we have. 

Genuine question but why is the answer to 4 important? It's been done to death.

A European spot (3rd) and a shot at a trophy. They're not going to come out and say they are happy with top 6 and if they come out like Savage has in the past and say we are going for the league they either get taken at their word and criticised when it doesn't happen, or the whole club gets laughed at by the rest of Scottish football and a sizeable chunk of our own fans.

All you will ever get is a vague version of "we aspire to be the best we can be with the means available to us" it's completely meaningless.

9 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would be nice for the owners of the football club to get some communication from you instead of the silence this summer.

5. Are discussions being had to look into increasing attendance at Tynecastle Park?

Anne Budge used to regularly give summer updates like what you are looking for. Maybe she is spending more time on her yacht over the summer months like I would if I was worth what she is. You seem to be taking some stick from others posters re this request. I would suggest you best ignore them rather than get into dialog with them. 

4 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Like the last thread on this subject, you just get shouted down by the usual suspects who allegedly "don't care".  JKB is a weird place.

Is the reason for that not because there are so many threads on this and similar subjects though

KevinKyle10

Do we normally get a summer update? Is it no usually the week before/after the season kicks off?

I can’t recall? What was said in last years? And the year before?

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, KevinKyle10 said:

Do we normally get a summer update? Is it no usually the week before/after the season kicks off?

I can’t recall? What was said in last years? And the year before?

Platitudes, platitudes, platitudes...anyway, when is the Wee Red Book out?

10 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Point 5 is my big interest. Clearly have a developing problem in regards to the stadium, capacity and supply/demand. Can reduce away allocations all we like, but we're dealing with a ceiling of 19852, it doesn't do too much for the 7k apparently on the season ticket waiting list. Talk of stadium redevelopment is exciting and should for the large part be a positive and encouraging discussion. Would like to see the club at least start by acknowledging the unprecedented demand and long term plan to redevelop the Wheatfield/ rest of the ground.  

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

People on here are always belittling 

Hearts employees. 

Your thread is just a rehash of a previous thread an attempt to stir up even more discontent. 

The simple answer to the ST question is obvious we are still selling to people on the waiting list. 

Trouble is everyone thinks that they are the owner of the club and want their tuppence worth.