• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• davemclaren

• Chuck Berry

• been here before

Just stick a f@#$#@# in front of every question you want answered and he will be quick of the mark to hand out a slap" bad language will not be tolerated within the hearts support"   sigh

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Weebroon98 said:

He seems to be a person who doesn't like to engage with the support, if you look at the guy the sheep have alan burrows he is the polar opposite to Andrew. Constantly updating their fans with whats going on at their club wether its good or bad news. Not saying Andrew is a bad CEO just that his fan engagement could be alot more proactive

Just doesn’t seem to 

communicate well at all, not just recently but since he started.

I would say communication is a huge part of the job of a CEO of a fan owned football club. 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Worst reply to any post of the summer 

Poor.

Absolute attention seeking. Why not contact the club? The answers  to Q2,3,4 are fairly obvious. Over 15k season tickets, less than 700 tickets for away fans (except Hibs) and 3rd place finish and Hampden for targets. There isn't going to be anything interesting to say. The hotel is a fair enough question. 

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

They have almost zero communication with us...its the foundation members that are paying for this hotel...shocking they say nothing. I'm guessing it's well over budget but it will still be a great achievement. 

How are the foundation members paying for the hotel? I haven't seen any announcement that FoH money is earmarked for that. 

Mckinlay got this gig as he is in 'the circle' and for that reason alone. Another one slotted in for the comfort of Ann Budge. He has done nothing of note and will do nothing of note. 

We are very much an off the field club now. On a similar thread to this a few week's back I kept posting "what does he actually do" which of course got the usual posters calling me stupid for not knowing what a CEO does. However what they could not grasp is that I was not asking for his job description, I know what a CEO is meant to do. I want to know what exactly Mckinlay actually does.

He is seemingly not even tasked with financial matters. Must be the only CEO out there who does not oversee financial growth of an organisation.  I reckon Romanovs lackies did more in their time than this waste of space.

I'm pretty critical of the current incumbents but don't get the issue really. The really hearing from Frankie was weird but we've done so now. There's nothing else to communicate until we make signings really...maybe our season target but they may be waiting to align that to the players we manage to get.

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

I'd also like to know why we didn't respond to the ridiculous statement from.hibs after the last derby  and again when we received an almost identical fine to them

Because we didn't control their over exuberance so its all our fault. Then, if something comes out then its our security etc that gets scrutinised. I'm pretty sure its something like that. Probably entirely wrong however. 

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would be nice for the owners of the football club to get some communication from you instead of the silence this summer.

1. How is work on the hotel going and when is planned opening date? (tbh, I can't think of a smartarse reply to this one)

2. How many season tickets have the football club sold? 15500

3. How many tickets will away fans receive next season? 650, except for Hibs (3500) and cup games (entitled to 20% of capacity if they need it)

4. What are your aspirations for the club this coming season? do better than last season

5. Are discussions being had to look into increasing attendance at Tynecastle Park? probably

Sinbad the Sailor

Quite amazed how many folk don't know the answers.

All 5 answers are easily found in here.

More importantly I don't want our CEO or Comms people fannying about on reanswering these things. I want them working flat out on getting bodies in.

Our board are collectively the best and most professional we've ever had. Our Comms are also tip top WHEN THERE IS SOMETHING TO SAY. FFS Leave them to get on with it and get deals over the line. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Mckinlay got this gig as he is in 'the circle' and for that reason alone. Another one slotted in for the comfort of Ann Budge. He has done nothing of note and will do nothing of note. 

We are very much an off the field club now. On a similar thread to this a few week's back I kept posting "what does he actually do" which of course got the usual posters calling me stupid for not knowing what a CEO does. However what they could not grasp is that I was not asking for his job description, I know what a CEO is meant to do. I want to know what exactly Mckinlay actually does.

He is seemingly not even tasked with financial matters. Must be the only CEO out there who does not oversee financial growth of an organisation.  I reckon Romanovs lackies did more in their time than this waste of space.

where does it say he doesn't oversee financial growth given he is charged with delivering the boards strategy. The CEO and CFO roles are quite different. 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How are the foundation members paying for the hotel? I haven't seen any announcement that FoH money is earmarked for that. 

Put it this way...without the benefactors we wouldn't be doing it nor many of the upgrades....1.7 million comes from FOH. So it's this extra income that enables the club to do all of this....so yes we are basically paying for it lol...

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would be nice for the owners of the football club to get some communication from you instead of the silence this summer.

1. How is work on the hotel going and when is planned opening date?

2. How many season tickets have the football club sold?

3. How many tickets will away fans receive next season?

4. What are your aspirations for the club this coming season?

5. Are discussions being had to look into increasing attendance at Tynecastle Park?

Why don’t you just write to him instead of regurgitating the contents of half a dozen threads in here.  

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

where does it say he doesn't oversee financial growth given he is charged with delivering the boards strategy. The CEO and CFO roles are quite different. 

Forgive me if it wasn't you DM but did you not advise me recently that he was not responsible for financial matters?

3 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

Quite amazed how many folk don't know the answers.

All 5 answers are easily found in here.

More importantly I don't want our CEO or Comms people fannying about on reanswering these things. I want them working flat out on getting bodies in.

Our board are collectively the best and most professional we've ever had. Our Comms are also tip top WHEN THERE IS SOMETHING TO SAY. FFS Leave them to get on with it and get deals over the line. 

You are correct but as a fan like thousands if other a week update more often would be good. We have no clue what's happening with the hotel opening 

davemclaren
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Forgive me if it wasn't you DM but did you not advise me recently that he was not responsible for financial matters?

I did. There is a board level

finance director who oversees the finances making sure that things are measured and controlled. McKinkay will still be set financial targets and constraints by the board within which he will have to work. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

You are correct but as a fan like thousands if other a week update more often would be good. We have no clue what's happening with the hotel opening 

That has gone a bit quiet tbh. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

That has gone a bit quiet tbh. 

I think us fans and people in general are more impatient these days but it will all be good in the end...clubs in good hands.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, chrisyboy7 said:

I think us fans and people in general are more impatient these days but it will all be good in the end...clubs in good hands.

There was a 'rumour' that completion had been put back from August to October but not see anything solid on that.  

Football supporters have always been impatient. Nature of the beast. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

There was a 'rumour' that completion had been put back from August to October but not see anything solid on that.  

Football supporters have always been impatient. Nature of the beast. 

Yes I know but it just shows the huge interest in Hearts now...its because we care and its a big part of our lives we strive for better and better

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I did. There is a board level

finance director who oversees the finances making sure that things are measured and controlled. McKinkay will still be set financial targets and constraints by the board within which he will have to work. 

Absolutely every single square inch of the club and fabric should essentially sit under his head whilst he is at the club. If we fail on the pitch then the buck stops with him. And before people start with "oh I never realised he picks the team" bullshit I mean he does the hiring and firing. If the wrong people are in the job it is his fault. He took way too long with RN.

I don't want managers fired after a few bad results but I want the managers to have that fear.

If we fail next season on the (mens) pitch then it lies with AM. Tough yeah, but as they say 'it us tough at the top'.

I believe he has an update at noon regarding the size of the bogie he spent all morning trying to get out his nose.

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Absolutely every single square inch of the club and fabric should essentially sit under his head whilst he is at the club. If we fail on the pitch then the buck stops with him. And before people start with "oh I never realised he picks the team" bullshit I mean he does the hiring and firing. If the wrong people are in the job it is his fault. He took way too long with RN.

I don't want managers fired after a few bad results but I want the managers to have that fear.

If we fail next season on the (mens) pitch then it lies with AM. Tough yeah, but as they say 'it us tough at the top'.

I think he was pretty decisive with Neilson tbh. To those of us who didn't rate him it felt too late (and in practice was) but he couldn't really sack him whilst still in 3re imo...as much as I wanted him to.

It's out the other side he's making a hash of it imo. Took too long to appoint the the manager and even then it's random as hell what he's implemented. Can't help but feel that will have made Joe's job of recruiting players much harder.

Edited by Taffin

Just now, Taffin said:

I think he was pretty decisive with Neilson tbh. To those of us who didn't rate him it felt too late (and in practice was) but he couldn't really sack him whilst still in 3re imo...as much as I wanted him to.

It's out the other side he's making a hash of it imo. Took too long to appoint the the manager and even then it's random as hell what he's implemented.

Yeah you are pribably right with his time for the execution but yeah no arguing that the last part is spot on.

To be fair I would like him to come out and state the away fans allocation officially and on record just to set the brain-dead weegies and sheep off again 😂

I would like to ask him whether he feels that the lack of signings (so far) could lead to a disturbed start to the season and what the agreed targets are for the club 

Extending Tynecastle is a pipe dream though 

No Idle Talk

I feel the club are having a nightmare this summer. The coaching situation, the lack of new signings, the lack of communication. There hasn't been much for fans to get their teeth into or feel positive about. 

This thread is about the lack of communication so I'll focus on that. I really think the radio silence  largely stems from the manager situation. If someone at the top of the club offers themself up for a press conference they are going to be asked who is actually managing Hearts. They will then be forced to publicly tell a lie. Why would they want to put themselves in that position? This is one example of how the manager 'situation' we have got ourselves into can grow arms and legs and become a bigger issue than first thought. 

I suppose they could do an in house thing with Joe Savage or Andrew McKinlay. That way they could veto any uncomfortable questions. Whether that would be enough to keep everyone happy I am not so sure. It would be a start though. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

Nerja Jambo
3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

5. Are discussions being had to look into increasing attendance at Tynecastle Park?

What this amounts to is a complete lack of courtesy by the club to us, the owners. FOH are no better. I genuinely cannot remember the last communication I received from either. 

Edited by Nerja Jambo

Naisys Tackle
51 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Poor.

Absolute attention seeking. Why not contact the club? The answers  to Q2,3,4 are fairly obvious. Over 15k season tickets, less than 700 tickets for away fans (except Hibs) and 3rd place finish and Hampden for targets. There isn't going to be anything interesting to say. The hotel is a fair enough question. 

Hes asking a few questions on a football forum that other supporters relate to.  How on earth is it attention seeking?  

Dont hear from manager - nothing interesting to say

CEO - nothing interesting to say

Savage - see above. 

See if you do hear from them you will be one of the 1st to proclaim it an amazing interview etc etc too.

Sinbad the Sailor
48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just doesn’t seem to 

communicate well at all, not just recently but since he started.

I would say communication is a huge part of the job of a CEO of a fan owned football club. 

Aye right the CEO of Man City or Liverpool does that? Naw CEOs get on with more important stuff. WTF do you want him to say "Naismith put the cones out today? Boyce turned down a Brylcreem sponsorship? There was a silver car parked up at the Oriam?

If the season starts off terrible, if there is no cohesion in the team, results are poor and action needs to be taken does Naismith lose his job or McAvoy? 

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Hes asking a few questions on a football forum that other supporters relate to.  How on earth is it attention seeking?  

Dont hear from manager - nothing interesting to say

CEO - nothing interesting to say

Savage - see above. 

See if you do hear from them you will be one of the 1st to proclaim it an amazing interview etc etc too.

How is starting a thread on a public forum, rather than privately messaging McKinley, not attention seeking?

No idea what that sentence means?

Also not a clue?

August Landmesser

cba scrolling back through the thread, but I'm sure someone will have already made the point that if AM, or JS or the coaching team, or *** Jock the Jambo were in the papers every week talking about this or that, guaranteed the same people screaming for klarificayshun would be screaming for them to just shut up and get on with the job.

some folk just like a moan, and some other folk are just shit-stirring interlopers

4 minutes ago, Bozi said:

If the season starts off terrible, if there is no cohesion in the team, results are poor and action needs to be taken does Naismith lose his job or McAvoy? 

The club will double down and put there fingers in there ears, this would be the nightmare scenario for the board 

Apparenty the word from inside the club is we have four “ like” new signings when Boyce,  Beni, Halkett and Gordon get back from injury..

Nerja Jambo
7 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Are you suggesting that this board would act that quickly. That in itself would be a novelty. 

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

cba scrolling back through the thread, but I'm sure someone will have already made the point that if AM, or JS or the coaching team, or *** Jock the Jambo were in the papers every week talking about this or that, guaranteed the same people screaming for klarificayshun would be screaming for them to just shut up and get on with the job.

some folk just like a moan, and some other folk are just shit-stirring interlopers

A hotel update would just get shot down with who cares, first team is more important, where’s the signings, this board only care about off field stuff, blah blah

The other stuff has been announced or is already known. 

16 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

Aye right the CEO of Man City or Liverpool does that? Naw CEOs get on with more important stuff. WTF do you want him to say "Naismith put the cones out today? Boyce turned down a Brylcreem sponsorship? There was a silver car parked up at the Oriam?

When he starts delivering the success that the Man City and Liverpool CEOs do then he can be left alone. 

Personally I don't mind the lack of communication, I've tired of their bluster and failure to back it up...but for those who do, let's be honest it's been a shit show all summer.

Edited by Taffin

1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

A hotel update would just get shot down with who cares, first team is more important, where’s the signings, this board only care about off field stuff, blah blah

I do agree with that. If folk want to read about construction projects, get a Glenigan subscription imo. 

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

How is starting a thread on a public forum, rather than privately messaging McKinley, not attention seeking?

No idea what that sentence means?

Also not a clue?

So anyone that posts a thread on a football forum is attention seeking then?  Gotya.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Shut it. Clap and be happy. 

How about we invite him for q and a session on kickback with questions filtered by mods. Sure we have done this before. I personally not overly bothered wants going on happy to let the professionals get on with the job and judge them at the end of season but know a few fans who would like update in a boring pre season 😴 

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I do agree with that. If folk want to read about construction projects, get a Glenigan subscription imo. 

Exactly. It’s just folk being needy and going out their way to find something to whinge about.

Imagine they came out and said our aspirations are to finish top 6 or to split the Old Firm. Imagine the shit show on here and social media  😂😂

been here before
3 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

So anyone that posts a thread on a football forum is attention seeking then?  Gotya.

Anyone who posts a thread on a public forum "FOA" of someone who doesnt post on the forum and who they could quite easily contact privately is 100% attention seeking.

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Naturally. You post on a public forum to gain interactions (attention). If you didn't want attention for your point you certainly wouldn't start a new thread for that topic, would you?

10 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

Are you suggesting that this board would act that quickly. That in itself would be a novelty. 

In fairness they acted quickly in sacking Robbie, it's just that they have made a chuckle brothers production of the managerial position 

August Landmesser
9 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

exact-a-mundo dude 👍

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Anyone who posts a thread on a public forum "FOA" of someone who doesnt post on the forum and who they could quite easily contact privately is 100% attention seeking.

Everyone knows theres not a chance of the CEO replying and it's obvious its a point of unanswered questions to other supporters.

You actually think the club will stay quiet all summer yet reply to personal emails from a fan with a list of questions?

Chuck Berry

Careful when pointing out that Comms from the Club/FoH is nothing short of appalling, you'll get jumped on.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Naturally. You post on a public forum to gain interactions (attention). If you didn't want attention for your point you certainly wouldn't start a new thread for that topic, would you?

So everyone that creates a threads an attention seeker then?  Why feel the need to point that out to this particular thread starter? 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Chuck Berry said:

Careful when pointing out that Comms from the Club/FoH is nothing short of appalling, you'll get jumped on.

Too late for that.