F.A.O Andrew McKinley

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

Would be nice for the owners of the football club to get some communication from you instead of the silence this summer.

1. How is work on the hotel going and when is planned opening date?

2. How many season tickets have the football club sold?

3. How many tickets will away fans receive next season?

4. What are your aspirations for the club this coming season?

5. Are discussions being had to look into increasing attendance at Tynecastle Park?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• davemclaren

• Chuck Berry

• been here before

Sorry mate. 

You're not allowed to ask questions on here. People will think you are being critical and negative. 

*Everything is fine* 

Not saying you shouldn't have started thread (in case you pick me up wrong) but why not try sending the club an email. Posters have had responses in the past.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Sorry mate. 

You're not allowed to ask questions on here. People will think you are being critical and negative. 

*Everything is fine* 

Not being negative at all buddy , I've said it many time we've never been better run off the field but would just be good to get more communication 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, GinRummy said:

Not saying you shouldn't have started thread (in case you pick me up wrong) but why not try sending the club an email. Posters have had responses in the past.

Don't do that buddy , if I've got any questions come December time I'll ask at the agm

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would be nice for the owners of the football club to get some communication from you instead of the silence this summer.

5. Are discussions being had to look into increasing attendance at Tynecastle Park?

I could be wrong here but ……..

2) 15 and a half thousand was the most recent announcement and there is only a smal amount of potential seats available to sell now as category B

3) All away clubs will receive 650 max except Hibs who will get the full Roseburn

Are the answers to two of your questions I think 

johnking123

Must admit.  It's been very very quiet from the board. Hopefully it because they are working on something in the background and want to wait to announce something. If not, just looks poor.

I'd also like to know why we didn't respond to the ridiculous statement from.hibs after the last derby  and again when we received an almost identical fine to them

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Must admit.  It's been very very quiet from the board. Hopefully it because they are working on something in the background and want to wait to announce something. If not, just looks poor.

Not massively wanting to give the thread oxygen but i do agree. Not sure comms have been on point since end of last season really. Been v quiet.

Not in a online all the time gimme gimme gimme meaningless content. But a wee sit down interview or review of last and preview of this season from ceo, SD, captain. Duno. Been quiet though.

Happy for them to have heids doon working away of course and if 2/3 of the 4/5 signings we'll make had been made, no one would have noticed I'll bet!!

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’m not someone to demand statements at all. Clubs shouldn’t be held to account like that.

This window has been weird though. Like even ignoring our manufactured coaching set up and lack of signings.

The approach to pre-season friendlies for example - only 4, 2 of which were behind closed doors (which would have been games fans would have gone to).

For example I was going to ask how Oda was looking in ore-season and I don’t even know what games he has played in.

It does feel a bit Kremlin-esque and I don’t understand why. It’s a complete u-turn on how we were kept informed up until last year.

I get the fan owned not fan run mantra. I agree with it. We deserve more comms than this though 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Italian Lambretta
14 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

I think they are working on something in the background but its not football related.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

I think they are working on something in the background but its not football related.

Hopefully the Gillette family are back in for us and they are working out how to sell it to us (the owners).

Clerry Jambo
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’m not someone to demand statements at all. Clubs shouldn’t be held to account like that.

This window has been weird though. Like even ignoring our manufactured coaching set up and lack of signings.

The approach to pre-season friendlies for example - only 4, 2 of which were behind closed doors (which would have been games fans would have gone to).

For example I was going to ask how Oda was looking in ore-season and I don’t even know what games he has played in.

It does feel a bit Kremlin-esque and I don’t understand why. It’s a complete u-turn on how we were kept informed up until last year.

I get the fan owned not fan run mantra. I agree with it. We deserve more comms than this though 

I agree Dug weird silence unlike the incessant daily ramblings from the wee club in lochend feckin relentless but at least they’re communicating I suppose. 

been here before
34 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Why not email him or write to him at the club and ask him. Cant see him replying to you on here.

Selkirkhmfc1874
28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I could be wrong here but ……..

2) 15 and a half thousand was the most recent announcement and there is only a smal amount of potential seats available to sell now as category B

3) All away clubs will receive 650 max except Hibs who will get the full Roseburn

Are the answers to two of your questions I think 

650 was number reported in the press but nothing official from the club and they were contacting people on the waiting list so be nice to know the number now but if you don't want that kind of information then fine but I do

Selkirkhmfc1874
29 minutes ago, buca junior said:

They have already communicated season ticket sales and away section allocations 

No they haven't! The press put a number out for away allocation nothing official from Hearts

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Why not email him or write to him at the club and ask him. Cant see him replying to you on here.

Because a don't want to

been here before
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Because a don't want to

So you're greeting about a lack of communication by asking questions in a way where you know you wont get answers rather than using a better a way which may well illicit something.

Shrewd.

13 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

650 was number reported in the press but nothing official from the club and they were contacting people on the waiting list so be nice to know the number now but if you don't want that kind of information then fine but I do

Every club is getting one section except Hibs . You are right that I am not massively fussed about how many people exactly that leaves to add to the final count , but if I was bothered , I would probably be able to work it out for my self to witching a hundred or so 

When the club makes statements and announcements about infrastructure and off field things , people generally accuse them of being more interested in curtains duvets than the first team , and losing sight of the fact we are a football club first and foremost 

28 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I honestly take it as they've rounded the wagons. There was deep cut disappointment on how last season went and dont for a second think none of it was intraspective. Neilson the right guy to go and most to blame of course but McKinlay, Savage, Anderson and, yes, Budge want and demand bigger things from our manager and themselves.

Trouble is, theyve gone all steely but at the cost of us getting to know their thoughts, even their more shallow feelings on what needs done.

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Every club is getting one section except Hibs . You are right that I am not massively fussed about how many people exactly that leaves to add to the final count , but if I was bothered , I would probably be able to work it out for my self to witching a hundred or so 

When the club makes statements and announcements about infrastructure and off field things , people generally accuse them of being more interested in curtains duvets than the first team , and losing sight of the fact we are a football club first and foremost 

I don't accuse the club of anything like that intact I've always said we're better run now than we've ever been! I just think better communication is not too much to ask for 

He seems to be a person who doesn't like to engage with the support, if you look at the guy the sheep have alan burrows he is the polar opposite to Andrew. Constantly updating their fans with whats going on at their club wether its good or bad news. Not saying Andrew is a bad CEO just that his fan engagement could be alot more proactive

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

Will there be an option of garlic mayo with the kebab pie? 

Hope not.  🥸

32 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Because a don't want to

Because you are a complete bairn who is incapable of adult communication and would get ripped a new one by our CEO?

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Because you are a complete bairn who is incapable of adult communication and would get ripped a new one by our CEO?

Good generalisation for somebody you don't even know ! Thank you for your pointless contribution though

Doesn't bother me as I'm not that needy but you do notice comms are not as good as they could be at times. You get all the need to know stuff but no updates on things that might be rumbling on in the background.

Anne used to send out huge rambling updates. They were a chore to read but at least you got them and could count on another one coming down the line. And they were generally thorough. I don't get the impression anyone is thinking of continuing this.

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

1. Ok

2. Loads

3. Not loads.

4. Carbon free

5. Only on JKB

Thanks Andrew. Succinct and to the point. 👍

I believe he is tied up today in his office so you will not hear from him.

8.40 Breakfast

9.00 Put lunch in fridge

9.30 Scratch balls

10.00 Breakfast 2

10.30 Let out a big burp

11.00 Sharpen pencil

11.30 Break wind

12.00 Lunch

12.30 Take a big shit

13:00 Play Solitaire

13.30 Break wind

14.00 adjust pc monitor

14.30 Snack time

15.00 Let out a massive burp

15.40 Break wind

16.05 Take another shit

16.30 Snack time

16.45 Straighten chair

16.55 Break wind

17.00 Home

43 minutes ago, been here before said:

So you're greeting about a lack of communication by asking questions in a way where you know you wont get answers rather than using a better a way which may well illicit something.

Shrewd.

:spoton:

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Homme said:

Doesn't bother me as I'm not that needy but you do notice comms are not as good as they could be at times. You get all the need to know stuff but no updates on things that might be rumbling on in the background.

Anne used to send out huge rambling updates. They were a chore to read but at least you got them and could count on another one coming down the line. And they were generally thorough. I don't get the impression anyone is thinking of continuing this.

To be fair, a lot complained about Ann's regular epistles.   There is a happy medium somewhere though. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

8.40 Breakfast

9.00 Put lunch in fridge

9.30 Scratch balls

10.00 Breakfast 2

10.30 Let out a big burp

11.00 Sharpen pencil

11.30 Break wind

12.00 Lunch

12.30 Take a big shit

13.30 Break wind

14.00 adjust pc monitor

14.30 Snack time

15.40 Break wind

16.05 Take another shit

16.30 Snack time

16.45 Straighten chair

16.55 Break wind

17.00 Home

And this is the guy you wouldn't recognise in the street. 😄

In the pre-season run in its good to get a bit of Coms from the club, if anything, it makes us feel more engaged and more keenly anticipating the season’s start.  This being said, it could also add more to merchandise sales, the more fans are engaged with our club the more sales will rise.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, jamboozy said:

In the pre-season run in its good to get a bit of Coms from the club, if anything, it makes us feel more engaged and more keenly anticipating the season’s start.  This being said, it could also add more to merchandise sales, the more fans are engaged with our club the more sales will rise.

We’ve just smashed records for kit sales so why is there a need to fix what ain’t broke?

Famous 1874

What’s the max season tickets we can sell? 

Swear we had over 15k sold a couple months ago. Surely sold out by now. 

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We’ve just smashed records for kit sales so why is there a need to fix what ain’t broke?

More sales couldn’t go wrong,  what I’m trying to say is, fans crave news from their clubs in the summer pre- season and I was trying to put a positive slant on throwing them a bone from time to time.

Me, myself? I’m quite happy with not getting any news unless it’s something worth reporting, I’m just adding to the debate I suppose.

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

8.40 Breakfast

9.00 Put lunch in fridge

9.30 Scratch balls

10.00 Breakfast 2

10.30 Let out a big burp

11.00 Sharpen pencil

11.30 Break wind

12.00 Lunch

12.30 Take a big shit

13.30 Break wind

14.00 adjust pc monitor

14.30 Snack time

15.40 Break wind

16.05 Take another shit

16.30 Snack time

16.45 Straighten chair

16.55 Break wind

17.00 Home

My online diary has been hacked 😳

joondalupjambo

Who is responsible for communications within HMFC?

Whoever that person is should be senior enough to develop a communications plan, get agreements internally within the club for that plan, produce a final version of the plan and implement it.

If we have a marketing manager that is not usually a role that has the same skillet required to do this type of work.

If we have a marketing and communications manager then that is the person to address initially I think not a CEO.

A CEO does CEO stuff and if they have agreed to any communications plan may or may not be part of it in terms of releasing information.

Think that it is unclear as to what the roles are, and what the process is so hard to understand as to why there is a bit of a void in terms of information flows.

Just my thoughts. 

David McCaig
32 minutes ago, db211833 said:

What a mean spirited response to a perfectly reasonable original post.

It does feel like we got our 15k season tickets sales then gave up marketing and promoting the new season. It has been an unfamiliar and unusual preseason.

It’s a shame because the club doesn’t stop at 15k season ticket holders and we need to continually push for interesting content coming out of the club.

We are failing our core support and not growing the club effectively by not communicating effectively.

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Worst post of the summer.

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Excellent post

8 minutes ago, washniklaw said:

It does feel like we got our 15k season tickets sales then gave up marketing and promoting the new season. It has been an unfamiliar and unusual preseason.

It’s a shame because the club doesn’t stop at 15k season ticket holders and we need to continually push for interesting content coming out of the club.

We are failing our core support and not growing the club effectively by not communicating effectively.

They have almost zero communication with us...its the foundation members that are paying for this hotel...shocking they say nothing. I'm guessing it's well over budget but it will still be a great achievement.