The Kinks 

Tired of Waiting for You.

🤣🤣

Edited by mitch41

And at No.3 this is a stutter.

You never tell me what's happening.

By: Jesus Christ Superstar

Gorgie_Rules

Many are missing the point here, obviously the OP knows the answer to pretty much all those questions, however communication from the club has been pretty much non-existent recently at a time where it feels like there isn’t much positivity going about heading into a new season 3 weeks away. 

With us ending last season in disappointment, losing some players this summer and only signing a 39 year old goalkeeper the club need to work smarter in terms of generating more of a buzz/connection with the fanbase.

Be the first to announce the cut OF allocation before the press, promote the fact we comfortably have the 3rd largest number of season tickets in Scotland. Announce how many are on a waiting list. Give details on the progress of the hotel…. some examples of how you can release positive news and let the press and fans talk about it.

Pretty much all Hearts fans I speak to arent positive about the club at the moment, and there isn’t even token efforts from the club to try change that.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

bean counter
On 19/07/2023 at 08:37, William H. Bonney said:

Will there be an option of garlic mayo with the kebab pie? 

I have always wnted them to make gravy for the chips

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Many are missing the point here, obviously the OP knows the answer to pretty much all those questions, however communication from the club has been pretty much non-existent recently at a time where it feels like there isn’t much positivity going about heading into a new season 3 weeks away. 

With us ending last season in disappointment, losing some players this summer and only signing a 39 year old goalkeeper the club need to work smarter in terms of generating more of a buzz/connection with the fanbase.

Be the first to announce the cut OF allocation before the press, promote the fact we comfortably have the 3rd largest number of season tickets in Scotland. Announce how many are on a waiting list. Give details on the progress of the hotel…. some examples of how you can release positive news and let the press and fans talk about it.

Pretty much all Hearts fans I speak to arent positive about the club at the moment, and there isn’t even token efforts from the club to try change that.

The club would love us all to be talking about the hotel. It’s the sort of pish they think football fans live for 

43 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

In at number four.......

...... I still haven't found what i'm looking for.

By Joe Savage..... I mean U2

KyleLafferty

Hearts head of marketing left in the summer. Probably the reasoning why there is a few teething problems or stuff isn’t the same right now as the new person will be learning the role if we have someone in the position.

Italian Lambretta
2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Hearts head of marketing left in the summer. Probably the reasoning why there is a few teething problems or stuff isn’t the same right now as the new person will be learning the role if we have someone in the position.

The support liaison guy left as well.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

The support liaison guy left as well.

Probably over stressed by the emails he gets.  

Italian Lambretta
20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Probably over stressed by the emails he gets.  

I did send him one which probably tipped him over the edge😂😂

drumie jambo
2 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

In at number four.......

...... I still haven't found what i'm looking for.

By Joe Savage..... I mean U2

Or The Chimes

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I could imagine. 🥸

Nerja Jambo
5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

And at No.4

John Mayall & the Blues Breakers

Wake Up Call.

2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Was it that bad? :rofl: 

20 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Generally speaking, as long as I get to watch a winning team I’m not too fussed about all the other stuff but I do agree that the pre season buzz is missing (at the moment). The vibe around the club is weird just now. 

Jingle Bells
On 20/07/2023 at 16:48, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The club would love us all to be talking about the hotel. It’s the sort of pish they think football fans live for 

Whose building it?

Gorgierools

For the Spain v Scotland game in Sevilles' Olympic stadium I've booked a hotel room in  the stadium with a view over the pitch. How cool would that be if we could do that 😊

davemclaren
4 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

For the Spain v Scotland game in Sevilles' Olympic stadium I've booked a hotel room in  the stadium with a view over the pitch. How cool would that be if we could do that 😊

It would be tricky as there are rows of seats in the way. 🥸

Gorgierools
33 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It would be tricky as there are rows of seats in the way. 🥸

Prior planning, even the Spanish managed it!!

AM confirming, amongst other things:

A few more signings to come 😏

7000 waiting list 🤯

Hotel to be completed by Christmas 🎅

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, MattyK82 said:

7000 waiting list 🤯

Very good interview! Pleased with answers given 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Only thing I worry about sometimes, is what is spun for quality. Generally though, I think we have been pretty good the last 2 years, last summer we did get some in early who are squad players and not starters

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Only thing I worry about sometimes, is what is spun for quality. Generally though, I think we have been pretty good the last 2 years, last summer we did get some in early who are squad players and not starters

Everyone has their own definition of 'quality'. That's the way it is. 

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

7000 waiting list 🤯

Perhaps the FoH could canvass their members to find out the level of support for continuing to give Hibs the whole away end.

1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

7000 waiting list 🤯

Decent interview which hopefully allays one or two fears on here. 

Categorically, 100% disagree about the Hibs allocation though. 

2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Perhaps the FoH could canvass their members to find out the level of support for continuing to give Hibs the whole away end.

I agree with the clubs decision to prioritise the home supporters but also think it’s the right call to give hibs the full stand.

The old firm has become an embarrassment and lacks any atmosphere at all. Personally don’t understand why our fans wouldn’t want more of an opportunity to go to Easter Road especially with our record being as good as it is. Seems narrow minded.

Chuck Berry
5 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I agree with the clubs decision to prioritise the home supporters but also think it’s the right call to give hibs the full stand.

The old firm has become an embarrassment and lacks any atmosphere at all. Personally don’t understand why our fans wouldn’t want more of an opportunity to go to Easter Road especially with our record being as good as it is. Seems narrow minded.

We're sold out of season tickets, we have a waiting list of 7,000 fans.   Those 7,000 as it currently stands, and about 2,000+ ST holders in the Roseburn, have little chance of seeing a Hearts v Hibs game at Tynecastle.

IMO that is wrong and as a fan owned club, this issue should be a priority for FoH to consult the membership to find out what the majority think and to advise the club board accordingly (you might hold the majority view, you might not). 

Edited by Chuck Berry

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Everyone has their own definition of 'quality'. That's the way it is. 

Indeed David, which makes it subjective and all the more clicks!

We're sold out of season tickets, we have a waiting list of 7,000 fans.   Those 7,000 as it currently stands, and about 2,000+ ST holders in the Roseburn, have little chance of seeing a Hearts v Hibs game at Tynecastle.

IMO that is wrong and as a fan owned club, this issue should be a priority for FoH to consult the membership to find out what the majority think and to advise the club board accordingly (you might hold the majority view, you might not). 

Why have any away fans then?

I also don’t see the correlation between us being fan run and reducing hibs allocation. Fans are fickle at the best of times and will make decisions not out of reasoning but spite. Hence the reason we have a board of elected individuals who are there to make informed decisions. 

Chuck Berry
Just now, Mr Rabbit said:

Why have any away fans then?

I also don’t see the correlation between us being fan run and reducing hibs allocation. Fans are fickle at the best of times and will make decisions not out of reasoning but spite. Hence the reason we have a board of elected individuals who are there to make informed decisions. 

Why wouldn't we have away fans? however we should always look after our own 100% of the time wherever possible.

A board of elected individuals should consult the membership on various issues on a regular basis, to understand the feelings of the owners of the club. How can they otherwise advise the club board?

I'm assuming the away ticket issue was discussed at club board level, with Gerry Mallon present on behalf of FoH, how was he able to advise the board on FoH's position (which is what he's there to do) if FoH have never asked fans the question?   It won't be down to the fans to decide, but their opinions should be considered as owners of the club.

davemclaren

Why wouldn't we have away fans? however we should always look after our own 100% of the time wherever possible.

A board of elected individuals should consult the membership on various issues on a regular basis, to understand the feelings of the owners of the club. How can they otherwise advise the club board?

I'm assuming the away ticket issue was discussed at club board level, with Gerry Mallon present on behalf of FoH, how was he able to advise the board on FoH's position (which is what he's there to do) if FoH have never asked fans the question?   It won't be down to the fans to decide, but their opinions should be considered as owners of the club.

The directors aren't delegates. 

3 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

So we utterly hamstring the club board from making any kind of decision as they need to tell the FOH rep what the plan is, then the rep takes that to the FOH board who have to then consult 8000+ members before the FOH meet to confirm 'the will of the people' and then the club board have to meet again to hear the opinion of the FOH rep before making a decision?

Chuck Berry
Just now, davemclaren said:

The directors aren't delegates. 

The FoH board are appointed by the membership.  They then appoint someone to fill the FoH role on the club board who is there to "provide the link at Board level between Foundation of Hearts and the football club."

So he's the link between the club and the FoH, which is a members organisation. He's a delegate.

How does he advise the board on matters concerning the FoH if the FoH barely communicate with the membership?

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

The FoH board are appointed by the membership.  They then appoint someone to fill the FoH role on the club board who is there to "provide the link at Board level between Foundation of Hearts and the football club."

So he's the link between the club and the FoH, which is a members organisation. He's a delegate.

How does he advise the board on matters concerning the FoH if the FoH barely communicate with the membership?

It's impractical and unrealistic  ( in my opinion ) to poll members regularly on decisions. The club's directors have never polled shareholders on decisions, the directors are appointed to make the decisions. If FoH members aren't happy with the performance of their directors they can vote for different ones next time. 

1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

The FoH board are appointed by the membership to act on behalf of the membership. The FOH board are only required to consult the membership on specific matters (outlined explicitly in the articles of association), everything else the elected board members make the call as that is what they were elected to do.

Any member of the FOH that feels the FOH board aren't telling the club board what members want is free to run for election themselves.

Chuck Berry
Just now, Ribble said:

So we utterly hamstring the club board from making any kind of decision as they need to tell the FOH rep what the plan is, then the rep takes that to the FOH board who have to then consult 8000+ members before the FOH meet to confirm 'the will of the people' and then the club board have to meet again to hear the opinion of the FOH rep before making a decision?

No I never said any of that.   They don't "tell" the FoH rep, he is part of the decision making process as a member of the club board.  On issues like away allocations, they can be made well in advance of the next season giving the board time to canvass opinion on a matter which directly affects Hearts fans ability to get tickets for the derby.

What the FoH should be doing is communicating with the membership on a regular basis so they at least have an idea of their opinions on a range of subjects, such as away allocations.  It's not rocket science, other fan owned clubs do exactly that via online surveys, forums, focus groups etc etc.   What do FoH do?

Chuck Berry
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It's impractical and unrealistic  ( in my opinion ) to poll members regularly on decisions. The club's directors have never polled shareholders on decisions, the directors are appointed to make the decisions. If FoH members aren't happy with the performance of their directors they can vote for different ones next time. 

Sorry Dave, that's not in a healthy position for the club to be in.  No wonder there continues to be an overall feeling of disconnect between the club and it's fans - you can see it running through many of the threads on here - and the FoH board appear utterly uninterested in communicating/consulting with members.

Edited by Chuck Berry

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

The FoH board are appointed by the membership to act on behalf of the membership. The FOH board are only required to consult the membership on specific matters (outlined explicitly in the articles of association), everything else the elected board members make the call as that is what they were elected to do.

Any member of the FOH that feels the FOH board aren't telling the club board what members want is free to run for election themselves.

The point is, the FoH board should be pro-active and communicate more.

Good interview that, definitely sounds like more arrivals to come. 

Sky Sports Scotland twitter page is good the day. Him, Shankland, Kent, Gordon, Clark, McEvoy and Naismith all with decent interviews. 

best in the land
40 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

**** Hibs.  2 sections and GTF ya vermin shithouses.

100% 2 sections max. 

And if they start any shit reduced to 1.

billybalfour
37 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

The point is, the FoH board should be pro-active and communicate more.

There was a FOH board meeting last night and communication was definitely on the agenda.

We will likely find out the outcome in due course.

All the board members have the club's best interests at heart so please let them get on with the job.

I was at the last AGM and I can assure you you can ask any questions you want and get a straight answer.

I can also tell you there were less than 40 members there so don't think too many are upset at the way things are going.

It would be nice to get a bigger turnout and hear some of these questions being asked face to face.

kingantti1874

Good interview.  If we really have 7000 on a waiting list then we have to be looking at how we increase capacity. Those additional fans would take us to another level completely. 

still don’t like the naisy/ mcevoy bs. As soon as we are out of Europe roles will be formally adjusted. It’s tinpot and I don’t like it . Take the ban and the fine and get on with it

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, billybalfour said:

There was a FOH board meeting last night and communication was definitely on the agenda.

We will likely find out the outcome in due course.

All the board members have the club's best interests at heart so please let them get on with the job.

I was at the last AGM and I can assure you you can ask any questions you want and get a straight answer.

I can also tell you there were less than 40 members there so don't think too many are upset at the way things are going.

It would be nice to get a bigger turnout and hear some of these questions being asked face to face.

when the next one.  I have shares but never seem to make it